Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

PoptartsNinja posted:

When every wizard pops wood the moment another man gets too close? Not even a little bit.

If your post was just that, it would have been the best loving post in this thread. :golfclap:

Also, I think this is the moment that the subtext was brought to the front.

nsfw This is an actual page from an actual issue of the comic. nsfw

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
The Great Blade Shark Skin has bandages on it because Kisame wears it on his back, and he doesn't want the sword eating his magic. I guess.

Who cares, Killer Bee! :thumbsup:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Someone said, either earlier in this thread or in the chat during a stream that the bandages somehow suppress the blade? And prevent it from growing to its full size or something.

So magical bandages.

DirtyPatty
May 30, 2011
I just saw a picture of one of my friends dressing her baby up like Killer Bee and I never would have known what the gently caress was going on if not for this thread. Thanks Pins

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rule #1 about homoerotic subtext: It's never actually subtext.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Why does that kid with the bowl cut have really fuckin weird eyes? Tell him that I hate him. :colbert:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Why does that kid with the bowl cut have really fuckin weird eyes? Tell him that I hate him. :colbert:

He's the Bruce Lee expy. He can't use magic. At all. So his teacher instead recommended that he learn to punch things really good. So good, the first time we meet him, he kicks Naruto's and Sasuke's asses at the same time. He's got a weird bro-thing going on with his teacher, and he has a crush on Sakura.

He's also polite as hell. And the bowlcut on his head says "nin" all around. And he does have super loving weird eyes.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Also If I recall correctly, he can basically go supersaiyan and got hella powerful when he got drunk this one time.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Zoig posted:

Also If I recall correctly, he can basically go supersaiyan and got hella powerful when he got drunk this one time.

He's a drunken boxer, yeah, it's actually a plot point for a huge fight in the series

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

I wanted to do a list of the other Leaf teams who graduated along with Naruto, but then the Hyuuga came up. :cripes: So let's get them out of the way first, so they don't bloat up the middle of another write up.

The byakugan (lit. "white eye") is the bloodline gift of the Hyuuga. It gives large, white irises with no visible pupils, and when activated it causes veins to pop out around the user's temples. It also lets you see through physical objects, in 359 degree vision (the one degree blind spot only comes up once and never again), lets you use magic from any part of your body, and it can see magic clearer and can see further distances than the sharingan or rinnegan. Since it only gives ocular powers it is obviously the best Magic Eye by default. The Hyuuga fighting style, Gentle Fist, is centered around quick pokes at pressure points visible to the byakugan, letting them block the use of magic in afflicted areas (this can easily cause Silence or cripple use of the injured limb or body part) or just use magic to damage internal organs with their touches.

The Hyuuga are broken up into two subgroups, the Main house and the Branch house. The Branch family serves under the Main one, mostly because the Main house puts a permanent seal on them to do so when they're very young. The Caged Bird seal is mainly used to destroy the byakugan eyes upon death or removal, but Main house Hyuuga can also cause pain or death (I think the attack is actually supposed to be destroying brain cells or something) in Branch Hyuuga to keep them in line. This is probably done to keep the byakugan in Hyuuga heads and hands at all costs, keeping attempted byakugan thefts much lower (though it's not perfect) and protecting the clan from losing runaway members or full out splintering, breaking their monopoly on x-ray wondereyes. Hyuuga are widely known for their stoicism, their love of tradition, for how even their resigned or bitter are smug stankweasels, and for how suicidal it is to be within arm's reach of one.

The current clan head is Hiashi. His twin brother Hizashi came out second, so he was branded Branch so there was no chance of the boys competing as heirs and possibly causing a civil war within the Hyuuga. They grew up and became parents, Hizashi first with his doomed boy Neji, then Hiashi with everyone's kawaii animu waifu Hinata and the heir apparent Hanabi. We'll get to them in a second. Their mothers are never really mentioned.

When Hinata is three, the Cloud kidnapping attempt occurs. Hiashi kills the offending diplomat, and to keep a peace treaty from breaking, he has to die too. Hizashi stops him and agrees to go in his place. It's practical and the Main house put him up to it, true, but he claims that this is the first time in his life he has been able to make a meaningful decision for himself, to sacrifice himself for his brother. I'm pretty sure Cloud gets his corpse, so the Hyuuga dodge a bullet since Hizashi is Branch and they can't get any information from his eyes.

Neji grows up knowing he is hosed. He's not allowed to make decisions for himself and he's certain he'll be sacrificed as a pawn like his father when he grows up. Neji is Hinata's bodyguard, is an incredibly strong fighter and an extremely competent ninja, and so looks down on those who aren't everyone, actually, gently caress this entire stupid planet. He resents Hinata and Hanabi especially for being heirs when he is older, more capable, and the only reason he isn't one is because of a few minutes and pure chance. In the final third of the ninja promotion exams, a tournament, Neji injures Hinata, which earns him a Naruto beatdown/friendship, and he calms down a lot after that. He also finds out about his father's last wish and gets an apology from Hiashi, and that helps too.

Hinata is the black sheep of the Hyuuga. She's kind, gentle, shy, and dislikes violence. She's a terrible ninja, a shame to the clan. Hanabi is five years her junior, and Hinata regularly loses their fights together. Even worse, she's got a huge crush on Naruto, for how he never gives up when he fails and smiles despite his lovely life, and she's a blushing mess when he's in the same room as her. Hiashi is disappointed with her, but he does seem to want her to do well, and doesn't know how to show it. She's been working hard to become stronger and more confident, but she's still never really important.

There isn't a lot on Hanabi. She's kicking Hinata's rear end and daddy's favorite. Hiashi probably should have sealed one of them by now, but it seems like he's trying to hold off or wants to not seal either of them at all. Guess he didn't like his brother's lot, either.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Of course the white eyes wouldn't just be an artistic choice, of course they'd be some dumbass magic ninja wizard power. Nothing in this universe can just be done because it looks cool, can it, it always has to be attached to some crazy magic power?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the stupid character designs having stupid explanations is a step up from most anime designs just looking stupid because the artist thought 20 zippers was cool

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Xenoveritas posted:

Of course the white eyes wouldn't just be an artistic choice, of course they'd be some dumbass magic ninja wizard power. Nothing in this universe can just be done because it looks cool, can it, it always has to be attached to some crazy magic power?

Eh, to be fair, someone would be complaining "Why do they have white eyes? They do nothing!" if there wasn't any explanation.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ramos posted:

Eh, to be fair, someone would be complaining "Why do they have white eyes? They do nothing!" if there wasn't any explanation.

People still question what the gently caress is up with Kurenai.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Flytrap posted:

People still question what the gently caress is up with Kurenai.

That's inevitable when one of the different forms of being SSJ in your comic is your eyes turning red.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Xenoveritas posted:

No, there's tons of the normal anime ridiculous hair and eye colors, and plenty of other people without pupils, too. Don't ask me how they see without magic eyes. There's both reasons for what characters wear and other times no reasons at all.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

dancingbears posted:

Don't ask me how they see without magic eyes.

My brand!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Does Rock Lee still lose every fight he picks?

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Next video is a good one. Will post after work. Brought along an intelligent ape for it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

Does Rock Lee still lose every fight he picks?

Literally everyone but Naruto, Shikimaru, Bee, and rarely Sasuke do that. And Shiki only did it once. The only time Sakura--you know, the tritagonist?--won a fight it was because someone else was using her like a puppet. This series started at endgame DBZ rules for its side characters and never left.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 27, 2014

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hey now, Chouji and Neji both won their fights in the Sasuke Retrieval arc, and Shino totally kicked Kankuro's rear end in the exams. The sand kids also won all their fights in the retrieval arc, even if they were all just kill-steals/literally waiting out a man with a fatal illness.

It's kind of sad that these are all the examples I can come up with though.

VV His character arc would've been better if he ever actually won an important fight. As it is, his story basically says "No matter how much work you put in, there's still some natural-born genius that's going to poo poo all over you".

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 27, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like Rock Lee because his character arc is all about how hard work can't make you as strong as someone with natural talent like Negi, Sasuke and Naruto. Not what you'd expect from your average action hentai.

Also, he's really fun to play as in this game because he's fast as hell.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Ninja have hospitals and a large part of that is because of Awesome Ninja and Leaf President Tsunade. She blazed out modern magic medicine because one person could do that, right? Leaf has the best hospitals in the world.

Danzo's chin scar is never explained.

The face on his arm is the First Leaf President. Danzo violated his corpse to gain access to wood magic and a longer lifespan. The craters are the ten sharingan eyes he stole from the massacre Itachi made. They're all fully developed normal sharingan; the mangekyo sharingan he stole gets the honor of an actual eye socket.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm really disappointed the game didn't go into the craziness of Danzo's arm. Also, I'm laughing pretty hard at "let's battle with our eyes".

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 27, 2014

Covok
May 27, 2013

'Cause he stole a bunch of eyes, he can make one eternally blind to literally warp reality because Magenkyo Sharigan can do that. Like, he can die and then still retcon reality -- while being dead -- to make it so that he never died at the cost of one of his eyes.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

If Naruto's author somehow ends this thing and goes on to do another manga, I hope he still gives of the powers to another single body part. Like tongues or taints.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
He's doing that already. Didn't you see Naruto rubbing his blue balls all over that guy who's really good at playing with his wood?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Level Slide posted:

If Naruto's author somehow ends this thing and goes on to do another manga, I hope he still gives of the powers to another single body part. Like tongues or taints.

Judging from the one-shot he made recently, I'm betting ears.

Gruntshepard
Aug 25, 2014
This is one messed up hentai. I wonder what kind of drugs the writers were doing?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Okay, here's the two teams that graduated alongside Naruto. Baby ninja teams are led by a ninja captain until they promote and naturally break apart, but even then your first team is generally considered to be family. I'll start with the captain, then move into their squads. I was going to add Guy and his team but oh my god I'll just break it in two.

Kurenai is the only one in the first two teams who isn't a clan heir. She's an illusions mistress and took the longest of the Leaf teachers to make it to ninja captain. She has a secret relationship with Asuma, which comes to light when she has his kid. Doesn't the Leaf President tell her that she'll be most useful to Leaf barefoot and pregnant at some point? I think that happens.

Kiba the dog ninja is an Inuzuka. In addition to the magic ninja dog (the ninja dog is magic, by the way), they get heightened senses, especially smell, and animal instincts. The dog's name is Akamaru and I think it can either talk or will be able to talk when it grows a bit bigger, and either way Kiba can understand what he says. They somehow share a fighting style, and sometimes use magic disguises to trick opponents into thinking they've switched or doubled. And, oh yeah, Kiba and Akamaru can combine to become a big two headed wolf. Because dog magic. Inuzuka act like idealized dogs, loyal and constantly trying to figure out a pecking order to work within.

We've already covered Shino Aburame the bug guy and Hinata Hyuuga. I hope to hell Kurenai knew how to track, because this is a tracking dream team. Kiba gets scent and a pair of eyes at his back, Hinata gets sight and can do nonlethal take downs, and Shino can follow any of his beetles (and he tends to bug everyone he meets if he can get away with it), can search large areas with hoards of insects, and his beetles can very stealthily kill unwary victims.

Asuma is the Third Leaf President's second and surviving son. Asuma grew up knowing that the Third considered his family third priority, after the Leaf village and its citizens. Sometime during his ninja career, Asuma and the Third get in a fight, and Asuma leaves Leaf to become a monk. He comes back much calmer and insightful, almost lazy, and apparently he and his old man make up to some degree. Asuma has that trope where he's constantly smoking (the Third does this too) and he fights with trench knives mixed with wind and fire magic. He got killed by Hidan before he ever met his newborn kid.

Shikamaru is a Nara. Nara get high intelligence, laziness, and shadow manipulation magic, which can let them control human bodies if their shadows touch, or attack with their shadows, among other things. He likes sleeping, cloud watching, chess, and plans to live an average life, experience only a whiff of danger, marry a girl who's not too pretty, and have a kid to take over for him so he can do nothing all day, until he can die before his wife. Since he's the smart one, he's more likely to be pulled in when there's a problem, so he shows up more than most of these scrubs.

Ino is a Yamanaka. They can shoot their souls at people to possess them and read their thoughts or control them, but they pass out and are vulnerable when they do. Ino is bossy, temperamental, and loves to gossip. She's one of the popular girls, one of the strongest all around when they were students, and she wants every guy to want her. She and Sakura used to be friends, but broke up because they both liked Sasuke, then became friends again after he turned out to be a shitlord. Her parents own a flower shop and she works there part time. Inoichi (I'd call him Inodad but) used to be the head of torture and interrogation, but is mostly retired.

Chouji is an Akamichi so he's a tubby ninja. Aside from possibly being able to exploit preconceptions on how fast or silently a tub of lard can move, the Akamichi can burn their fat to power magic, including their powerful size increasing spells (Chouza shows up in the prologue; so does Shikaku, actually). Chouji's rather gentle and would much rather eat than fight, but he's very powerful when he actually needs to crush someone (usually someone who called him fat). He and Shikamaru are best friends, since Shikamaru would hang out with him when nobody else would, and Chouji didn't ask any effort out of him. They like to hang out to snack and nap.

It's implied that when they joined the Leaf, the Nara and Yamanaka were vassals to the Akamichi, but that they've grown into a more equal partnership. Their parents worked to arrange it to have their kids at the same time, so they would have a team of clan heir in a formation that's been proven to work well. The three families have animal theme naming; shika means deer and Nara care for some on their lands, ino is part of the word for boar and Sakura calls her "Pig" when she's teasing or mean, and chou means butterfly and Chouji gets cosmetic magic butterfly wings when he's going SSJ by burning fat.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 27, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Level Slide posted:

Pretty sure I know an hentai where a super powered taint wouldn't be all that out there.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Bobobo was the greatest, and it's a drat shame it never got the chance to take the piss out of Naruto's wind.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

dancingbears posted:

Lots of Naruto poo poo.

Hey Pins, you should get this guy into your LP and actually make it informative! I know it sounds insane, but it can totally work.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ramos posted:

Hey Pins, you should get this guy into your LP and actually make it informative! I know it sounds insane, but it can totally work.
I truly, honestly want to see this. If even for just one episode. :allears:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Ramos posted:

How did I come to think this would be a good idea? Whatever, just do it, let the anigoon envelop us all.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dancingbear's encyclopedic knowledge of the series probably means he hates this hentai with the burning regret of lost highschool/college hours and wasted brain space. That kind of festering familiarity that leads to hating a thing to its deepest core. Also Xumtosis would learn very quickly asking questions like "Why does the bad guy have a face on his arm" leads to a stupid incomprehensible road and I want to see the reactions.

Or maybe he earnestly love animes. Either ways, seems like a legit idea. Not every guest has to be an LP Superstar.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

I dunno, I might get defensive or start crying if Pins and Xumtosis make fun of me and call me a nerd. I don't want that going up in front of all Something Awful.

Also I'm totally using the Naruto wiki to remember and clarify most of this poo poo. I'm just mad enough to make sure I get all my anemes straight so I can sperg it back to you.

VVVVVV
And yes, I do.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 27, 2014

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Well Dancingbears, you got a mic?

KirbyKhan posted:

Not every guest has to be an LP Superstar.

Also please don't think this is how I operate. )=

Anyone who guests in my videos is usually a good friend of mine that i've known for a while. I try to be as diverse as possible but I only know so many people and believe it or not i'm ridiculously shy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

dancingbears posted:

I dunno, I might get defensive or start crying if Pins and Xumtosis make fun of me and call me a nerd. I don't want that going up in front of all Something Awful.
You'll be fine. I rag on Pins but he wouldn't hurt a fly. :)

• Locked thread