Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

strangemusic posted:

Jane on the other hand wants to take Clem all for herself, to replace the hole left in her life by her sister's death
Reminder; Kenny literally sulks if Clem doesn't sit with him at the lodge instead of her new group like they're in some high school clique at lunch, and not ten minutes divorced from that, mistakes her for Duck during an emotional moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Accordion Man posted:

Kenny is a bit nuts, but he would never hurt Clem or the baby and he straight up is willing to let them go to live in a safe community without him. He honestly cares about Clem and isn't selfishly keeping her around as a replacement for a dead loved one.

KENNY LITERALLY CALLS YOU DUCK AT ONE POINT IN THE SEASON

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

In It For The Tank posted:

Jane is an abusive girlfriend[???] who cuts you off from your support network so she can have you all to yourself

Jane is a bro who survives getting attacked by a violent (actually abusive) power-tripping one-eyed psychopath who couldn't keep his own family alive, or anyone since then together and cooperating

and capping him is so satisfying

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

team overhead smash posted:

That's a funny way of saying "Tries to execute in cold blood before everyone jumps in and stops him and then later starts to beat to death with his bare hands because Arvo swore at him"

But the fucker deserved to die! He led his group back towards yours to rob/kill them, AFTER you let him go. (400 Days reference?). The guy that was the main cause behind your group getting ambushed and involved in a firefight. BUT WAIT, FIGHT'S OVER, GUESS WE BETTER LET HIM LIVE. In other words, execution was the right choice, because the little piece of poo poo was dangerous to the group...which turned out to be more than true. Unlike Kenny, who pretty much fought tooth and nail...and eye, to keep the group together and protect it.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Hey remember Season 1 when Kenny let a woman get eaten to death loudly and painfully so guys could maybe get extra loot (that you could get anyways,) and then if you didn't he'd start a huge fight with you? What a cool bro.

E: Remember when you literally revived larry and he woke up but Kenny smashed his skull in with a salt lick anyways? Then get's mad at you for having your back?

E2: Remember when Kenny straight up abandons Lee/Clem?

No I don't remember any of that. You must have played wrong.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Remember when Kenny straight up abandons Lee/Clem?

Turtlicious posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Jane of course would never abandon Clem.

Well except that one time I guess

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

1stGear posted:

And then never does it again.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

team overhead smash posted:

Of all the things you could blame him for, you're blaming him for trying to run away from a guy who was trying to kill him constantly? The abusive boyfriend analogy is complete.

I said leading them across the lake, not running away.

JawKnee posted:

Jane is a bro who survives getting attacked by a violent (actually abusive) power-tripping one-eyed psychopath who couldn't keep his own family alive, or anyone since then together and cooperating

and capping him is so satisfying

Funny, she's a corpse in my playthrough. Clem saw through her lies, and for that she was rewarded with passage to the Kingdom of Heaven Wellington.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Stargate posted:

No I don't remember any of that. You must have played wrong.

Yeah what is this guy even talking about?

Did he play the game wrong?

I think he might've played the game wrong.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

1stGear posted:

Yeah he does, but it was a slip. Overall though he doesn't treat Clem like Duck at all and all he wants is the best for her and to give her and Alvie a future. Jane just wants Clem all to her self because she's utterly broken and selfish.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

Hey remember Season 1 when Kenny let a woman get eaten to death loudly and painfully so guys could maybe get extra loot (that you could get anyways,) and then if you didn't he'd start a huge fight with you? What a cool bro.

E: Remember when you literally revived larry and he woke up but Kenny smashed his skull in with a salt lick anyways? Then get's mad at you for having your back?

DID Larry actually revive? The most I had happen was Lee giving him chest pumps, on "FOUR" The salt block smashed his skull, and then Lee, without breaking stride, immediately did another chest pump afterwards and shouted "FIVE!". That's as close as Larry has ever came to reviving for me.

In answer to Kenny abandoning Lee and Clem (Not going with Lee), I sided with Lily in the barn, Kenny hated me at the beginning of Episode 3, but STILL went with me to look for Clem. So I'm assuming you must have to side against him at every decision in the game up to that choice, to make him not go with you.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I was totally onboard the Jane train until the baby death was revealed to be a hoax, but Kenny was already dead by then. Which is why I let the family in at not-Lowes, so I wouldn't be alone with crazy old Jane.

Plus Clem needed an eventual spouse to create her new empire with.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Kenny is the abusive boyfriend, and you guys are the idiots who stick with him because you love him.

This is how I feel every single time I read this thread jeez.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

BMS posted:

DID Larry actually revive? The most I had happen was Lee giving him chest pumps, on "FOUR" The salt block smashed his skull, and then Lee, without breaking stride, immediately did another chest pump afterwards and shouted "FIVE!". That's as close as Larry has ever came to reviving for me.

If you do it fast enough, Larry actually gasps and breathes.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

In It For The Tank posted:

rewarded with passage to the Kingdom of Heaven Wellington.

alone (oh, pardon me, you have a strange infant) in a new community. Hell of a support structure Kenny :downs:

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roman Reigns posted:

Oh wow, no poo poo? I HAVE to play through that again. Makes me feel better at trusting my instinct and siding with Lily my first time through!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kenny attacked Lee after Lee helped him time and time again.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Roman Reigns posted:

He twitches.

People take this somehow as evidence that instead of possibly reanimating Lee saved an elderly man with heart trouble from full-blown cardiac arrest with 4 chest compressions. v:geno:v

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Turtlicious posted:

Yep Kenny's an awful character and I'm not sure why everybody likes him but oh well, i can recognize he was WRITTEN well :shrug:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Roman Reigns posted:

Nothing that dramatic. He moves his lips a little and that's it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkUjF_6pRI. Skip to 1:15

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey, if you DON'T burn the drawing way back in episode one (which I hugely regretted the moment I did it) do you get a chance to give it away later?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remember when Kenny said Lee could pick locks because he is black

Remember when Kenny assumed Mike is exactly like Lee because he is black.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
the walking dead is tearing us apart

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Turtlicious posted:

Excuse me racist uncles make great houseguests.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Solomonic posted:

the walking dead is tearing us apart

We are the Walking Dead.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
people getting mad over a point-and-click game/visual novel itt

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

IncendiaC posted:

Nothing that dramatic. He moves his lips a little and that's it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkUjF_6pRI. Skip to 1:15

Oh hell, his mouth twitched. I don't know, I somewhat like Kenny, but the country mother fucker jumped the gun on that poo poo. If there was a CHANCE of him reviving (human), should've went for it. So yeah, Kenny hosed that one up pretty badly.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It was nice to see some actual branches, even if it was only for a couple seconds at the tail end and will never be referenced again.

Did we ever find out who killed all those dudes in the first episode? I'd assume it was Carver's crew but when he shows up it was all alone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RentACop posted:

It was nice to see some actual branches, even if it was only for a couple seconds at the tail end and will never be referenced again.

Did we ever find out who killed all those dudes in the first episode? I'd assume it was Carver's crew but when he shows up it was all alone

Mecha-Lee and Ghost Omid.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

IncendiaC posted:

I've never seen that before, and wow, it looks weird as hell. Never thought it would be that abrupt.
edit: also Larry was one of the biggest assholes in season 1 or 2 so who cares that Kenny mashed him.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I mean if you think about it Kenny really encompasses all of the best qualities of Jesus Christ and Odin.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Junkfist posted:

I mean if you think about it Kenny really encompasses all of the best qualities of Jesus Christ and Odin.
Also Big Boss.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Junkfist I don't agree with what you say, but I like your avatar and think you're a funny dude.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Beef Waifu posted:

Junkfist I don't agree with what you say, but I like your avatar and think you're a funny dude.

I think you're a monster. And quite frankly I'm just kidding this is a videogame ffs

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Junkfist posted:

gently caress Wellington, next stop for Kenny, Clem, and AJ in Season 3 is Valhalla, where K, C, and AJ will give rise to the almighty Clempire, and you'll play as Nate, who has to fight against hordes of Klemennies.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Turtlicious posted:

Or when Kenny grabbed his kid and ran away when Sean Greene and Lee were screaming for help.

Or when Kenny constantly escalated the situation in the pharmacy.

Or when Kenny constantly questioned and agitated against Lily's leadership, increasing tensions in the group.

Or when Kenny wanted to let a woman be eaten alive rather than mercy kill her.

Or when Kenny refused to accept that his son was dying, a situation that could have killed the entire group if Lee hadn't talked him down.

I've lost track because that was the point I decided Kenny was pretty much useless as anything other than muscle and mustache.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Real talk: Do you think Jane deserved to be murdered by Kenny for what she did or do you think he overreacted? Despite what anyone thinks of her actions, I don't see how you can rationalize the situation.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Junkfist posted:

patriarchal, ignorant, and fictional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

1stGear posted:

Or when Kenny grabbed his kid and ran away when Sean Greene and Lee were screaming for help.

Or when Kenny constantly escalated the situation in the pharmacy.

Or when Kenny constantly questioned and agitated against Lily's leadership, increasing tensions in the group.

Or when Kenny wanted to let a woman be eaten alive rather than mercy kill her.

Or when Kenny refused to accept that his son was dying, a situation that could have killed the entire group if Lee hadn't talked him down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bSSeAUGM1U

• Locked thread