Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Now, men and hammers will fight and die for causes they do not believe in...*gets heart ripped out and crushed*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Loxbourne posted:

I just realised that when Wonder-Green dons the foil facemask of bossfighting, so does his cheeseburger.

Specifically, so does the cheese in his cheeseburger.

Oh man, I thought you were joking, but it's true. Also notable, when Yellow is trying and failing to come up with a catchphrase, Wonder Green has a snack, then takes a nap. This game oozes charm.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

LordHippoman posted:

Ironicus, you know I love you, but you clearly are missing out on the glory of Professor Shirogane.

"Stop, it is Hammer Time!"

Nah, dude. If it's gonna be a catchphrase, it has to be:

"You cannot touch this!" :black101:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh man, I thought you were joking, but it's true. Also notable, when Yellow is trying and failing to come up with a catchphrase, Wonder Green has a snack, then takes a nap. This game oozes charm.

You know that one only-slightly-famous video where a guy asks a bunch of people to watch a video of some people throwing a ball around and counting how many times a guy in a red shirt passes to another guy in a red shirt or whatever, and then during the video a guy in a gorilla suit walks between all the players and beats his chest and walks off, and nobody notices?

This game is full of poo poo like that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fedule posted:

You know that one only-slightly-famous video where a guy asks a bunch of people to watch a video of some people throwing a ball around and counting how many times a guy in a red shirt passes to another guy in a red shirt or whatever, and then during the video a guy in a gorilla suit walks between all the players and beats his chest and walks off, and nobody notices?

Only slightly famous? The attention blindness video is a staple of psychology classes and some driver's ed.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Bruceski posted:

Only slightly famous? The attention blindness video is a staple of psychology classes and some driver's ed.

Really? I never noticed it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bruceski posted:

The actual experiment was related to me as a professor asking his students to watch the game in person, rather than watching a video. It gets mentioned in early sociology classes too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

paragon1 posted:

The actual experiment was related to me as a professor asking his students to watch the game in person, rather than watching a video. It gets mentioned in early sociology classes too.

I've seen it become a lot more common as attention to cell phones while driving has ramped up. It's the perfect example of "even if you think you're paying attention, you're not paying attention."

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I saw that video in highschool. Never noticed the gorilla

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

I saw that video in highschool. Never noticed the gorilla

Am I allowed to call you a duck blind?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

That service already exists, see?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgYXUs5IeI

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

General Ironicus posted:

Really? I never noticed it.

Get out.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I've seen it become a lot more common as attention to cell phones while driving has ramped up. It's the perfect example of "even if you think you're paying attention, you're not paying attention."

I'm hyper-attentive to everything, to my great chagrin.

I mostly notice when I point out things that were completely obvious to me, but no one else noticed even if they were theoretically in a better position to see/hear it.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

You too? I saw something like that show up on tv, except we were supposed to count the number of times people jumped a rope.

Of course, there was things going on aside from that. A family member of mine was watching too and noticed when a chicken showed up, but apparently I only caught that the background was changing color and that the people swinging the rope changed.

It's one of those things that's cool when you find out, but after a certain point its mostly useless.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Having finally managed to find this game, I must say that Chip is making this look too easy. Those consolation prizes are weighing heavily upon my conscience. Normal mode is no joke.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bman in 2288 posted:

Nah, dude. If it's gonna be a catchphrase, it has to be:

"You cannot touch this!" :black101:

I think this emote serves yellow better honestly

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think this emote serves yellow better honestly

We need a :wonderful101:. We need it bad.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Is it possible for it to be the entirety of the Unlimited Form animation?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

It should be the frog activating Unlimited and saying "Roger!"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

There's already a Wonderful smilie. It's :kamina:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Spiritus Nox posted:

We need a :wonderful101:. We need it bad.

Unite... Emote!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

MelvinBison posted:

Unite... Emote!

We have no such thing in our country.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Fedule posted:

What, you mean a professional basketball game? :v:

Whatever, it's an excuse to post this again.

edit: vvv Oh, that's right! Changed link accordingly.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 22, 2014

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mazed posted:

What, you mean a professional basketball game? :v:

Whatever, it's an excuse to post this again.

The OP says that youtube links tend to have spoilers in the related videos. I suggest using Polsy to link youtube videos.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Great Joe posted:

There's already a Wonderful smilie. It's :kamina:

And if you're looking for one related to audience reactions, it's :tviv:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I hope the next interlude on the Virgin Victory has the other Wonderful Ones, mostly Blue and Pink, trying to come up with dramatic lines for Yellow.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"We do not have this 'dude bro' in my country." :kiddo:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
By the way, if anyone is playing along like me and wants a spoiler free guide to tell them where things are, This is the best one I can find, just so you don't have to wade through videos and you don't want spoilers.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

ManlyGrunting posted:

By the way, if anyone is playing along like me and wants a spoiler free guide to tell them where things are, This is the best one I can find, just so you don't have to wade through videos and you don't want spoilers.

It's the best one available, but that still doesn't mean it's actually much good. It's got a couple of factual errors and it doesn't sort the stuff by mission, which is pretty important if you're planning on doing a sweep to get stuff you missed. Most good guides will list everything twice, once by number or whatever so you can judge your collection, and again by area or by mission or by whatever so that you can plan a thorough sweep through a level to get everything.

I used that guide to get stuff, but for the most part I had to cross-reference it with another full FAQ to see at a glance what stuff was in what level. Also the other guide was even less accurate and had even more silly errors. It also wasn't a very good guide.

drat the guide scene for W101 is lovely.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fedule posted:

drat the guide scene for W101 is lovely.

Chip is doing a service to the community with this LP. Which is basically a walkthrough, anyway. I know I've gone back for a few nic-naks that he pointed out that I never knew were there.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
You guys really need to do a super sentai theater. Anime theater was hilarious.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thechosenone posted:

You guys really need to do a super sentai theater. Anime theater was hilarious.

Seconding this.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Please Please Please riff on the first episode of Kamen Rider. You know, the very first show.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Let's meet a new character Yuri Lowenthal.

Episode 11-1: Ned Douglas.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 11-2: Bark Bark.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Double Update Yessssss!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Oh hey I have some trivia for an enemy.

Hah-Gonay: I'm assuming they are playing with the word Hagane, which is japanese for Fullmetal. Hagane is also a balls-hard SNES game, this is why I know this.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Highwang posted:

Oh hey I have some trivia for an enemy.

Hah-Gonay: I'm assuming they are playing with the word Hagane, which is japanese for Fullmetal. Hagane is also a balls-hard SNES game, this is why I know this.

Hagane is 鋼 which is only Steel. That Full Metal stuff is just the anime being fancy with the translation.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I'd like to ask people to look at that Hologram of the Shirogane Comet, and then at the Providence Space Station from Vanquish.

http://mytwosenses.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Vanquish-Teaser-Trailer_4.jpg

The Dog Transformation is also a likely reference to Shannon from God Hand.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Getting hit by a heart and turning into a dog is a God Hand reference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-nBVC9L_M&t=113s

Also I'm surprised Chip didn't point out that the pose blue makes when he masks up is the exact same pose Joe makes in Viewtiful Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Yuri Lowenthal is actually fluent in Japanese. I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading that Yuri originally did a much less exaggerated accent for Wonder White and then was told to go full ham on it.

• Locked thread