Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Store is down.

Minecraft killed PSN.

When Destiny comes out :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Brightman posted:

Think I'll have to check that out and see how it compares to the PC version I haven't touched in years. You're probably going to like it, but as others have said, the PC version is probably the way to go due to mod support and junk. I don't think the survival aspects have been touched on enough in here, but leaving those as something for new players to wander into is probably a good surprise. Also regarding tiers, it's semi-realistic, so gold is poo poo tier, on par with wood for durability. Diamond is best, hard to find though.

Regarding getting Minecraft to hold over until Destiny it will probably do that, but it's also something that can suck you in, so it might take up more time than Destiny in the long run. It's a really great game if you have a lot of free time e.g. you're a kid, unemployed, etc.

Sooo I posted in the Store thread that I tried the demo and was like... ehhh, I want to like it but I fear my availabilities (gaming in spurts and late night when I'm sleepy) because of being a dad might make this a bad deal. However, I played a little more of the demo and wandered around a bit and... like... it kinda started to sink it's hooks into me.

The question is... will I ever look at anything again for a LONG TIME (aside from Drive Club) once Destiny hits? :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

When Destiny comes out :smithicide:

Destinyis preloadable, at least.

revolther
May 27, 2008

JordanKai posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mama-director-tapped-sonys-shadow-730174

Shadow of the Colossus movie is happening, director of the visually striking horror movie "Mama" has been approached as a potential director.
I love me some Shadow of the Colossus, but what a terrible way to ruin a great story that tells itself without a word even.

Hopefully they just ruin it in such a grand scale that it doesn't resemble the game at all, Jason Statham transporting his dead wife's body in the trunk of an Audi named Argo or something.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
La-Mulana is a great metroidvania, although its a lot closer to the very first metroidvania game (Legacy of the Wizard) than either metroid or castlevania.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
is it bad that half the reason I am getting "into" Minecraft is the music? I feel like I should be getting a massage.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

revolther posted:

I love me some Shadow of the Colossus, but what a terrible way to ruin a great story that tells itself without a word even.

Except for, you know, all the words. You get spoken to every time you go back to the castle.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If it's not down from being overloaded then it's another dumb loving DDoS, been watching http://map.ipviking.com/ for the past hour

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Feenix posted:

is it bad that half the reason I am getting "into" Minecraft is the music? I feel like I should be getting a massage.

The music in Minecraft is absolutely perfect. Sets the tone perfectly without ever being distracting.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Feenix posted:

Nah, man, Minecraft is zen as hell if you let yourself take the plunge. It really is one of those "Oh poo poo, I've been playing for four hours" kind of games, but you gotta make your own fun, whether that comes from exploring, digging through caves, or setting up a construction project for yourself.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does Minecraft PS4 have split screen two player?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Tide posted:

Does Minecraft PS4 have split screen two player?

Split screen 4 player.

Plus online multiplayer as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh god I died in Minecraft and I can't find my little abode! :\

Also, this poo poo sucks you IN. gently caress.
gently caress!

[edit] Also every now and again a gray "0:00" pops up on my screen. What's that?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 4, 2014

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Turns out the remake of Pathologic is coming to PS4 (assuming it reaches its kickstarter goal). It's where I'm planning to play it, so hopefully they can convert the M+K controls over pretty well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll only buy that if it still has the babelfish translation and no indication of what to do or where to go like the original.

Edit: Meh, 20 bucks gets you the game and a bunch of stuff, why not.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 4, 2014

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

CottonWolf posted:

Turns out the remake of Pathologic is coming to PS4 (assuming it reaches its kickstarter goal). It's where I'm planning to play it, so hopefully they can convert the M+K controls over pretty well.

Holy poo poo backed.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Feenix posted:

Oh god I died in Minecraft and I can't find my little abode! :\

Also, this poo poo sucks you IN. gently caress.
gently caress!

[edit] Also every now and again a gray "0:00" pops up on my screen. What's that?

There is both an item that lets you reset your spawn point and an item that will point you towards your spawn so as long as you keep those on hand you don't have to worry about losing your sweet dong-castle.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I took the plunge and bought minecraft.
Like posted above somewhere ,it's zen as hell and could be a nice break from the games I usually play.
The Minecraft demo is really too short if you do the full tutorial like I did.
I think I'll play this over the weekend until Destiny drops in my mailbox.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Wee Bairns posted:

Yup, that is in. As is villager trading, abandoned mineshafts, and many other improvements. The console versions , while obviously behind the PC version, have received a ton of updates since the barebones initial launch.

I don't know what any of those things you mentioned are, that's how long it's been since I've played minecraft seriously.

Feenix posted:

Sooo I posted in the Store thread that I tried the demo and was like... ehhh, I want to like it but I fear my availabilities (gaming in spurts and late night when I'm sleepy) because of being a dad might make this a bad deal. However, I played a little more of the demo and wandered around a bit and... like... it kinda started to sink it's hooks into me.

The question is... will I ever look at anything again for a LONG TIME (aside from Drive Club) once Destiny hits? :)

It'll be a long time, but when I said long run, I meant it. Minecraft will be there when you tire of other games, and it will take hours from you, if not days, if you let it.

Feenix posted:

The guy that does the music is C418, I bought a bunch of his digital albums, the were like 5 bucks I think. I listen to them at work a lot mixed in with my other music.

Ah, here's C418's bandcamp. Looks like prices vary from 1~7 bucks, some are pay what you want even.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Too bad it seems only the PS3 version is cross buy to Vita. I guess you'd have to buy that version and then do the $5 upgrade if you want it on PS4

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Bungie continues their tradition of having loving awesome ads for their games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZyQK6kUdWQ

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PantsBandit posted:

I said GOD drat

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

I didn't know I need a Destiny's film!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

If it's not down from being overloaded then it's another dumb loving DDoS, been watching http://map.ipviking.com/ for the past hour

I can't tell if this is a DDoS or Armageddon.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

PantsBandit posted:

Serious question: is the game like this? Can two friends and I explore and kick rear end and fly interplanetary vehicles and never run into pubbies or other types of MMPORG drivel?

Because, god drat.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Darth Ballz posted:

Serious question: is the game like this? Can two friends and I explore and kick rear end and fly interplanetary vehicles and never run into pubbies or other types of MMPORG drivel?

Because, god drat.

Yes. That's basically the premise of the whole game. You will run into pubbies but interacting with them is completely optional.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Darth Ballz posted:

Because, god drat.

Make a squad of up to three friends, explore planets and moons, fly around, not run into obnoxious bad pubbies? 99% yes. If you enter a specific mission location (indoors areas where respawns are turned off) you and your friends will be in your own unique instance (bubble, Bungie term). Out wild in the outdoors you may see pubbies buzzing around but they're not going to be heard over voice comms or type dumb things in chat or steal kills.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darth Ballz posted:

Because, god drat.

You can run into other players but once you get into an actual mission area it's instanced off with your group.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Darth Ballz posted:

Because, god drat.

You can run into pubbies in the wild but you don't have to interact with them or even hear them talk.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Kinda bummed that there will be no Led Zeppelin in the game now. Games need to embrace the thing A Knight's Tale/Quentin Tarantino do and just have music that doesn't fit the setting at all.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

monkeu posted:

Yes. That's basically the premise of the whole game. You will run into pubbies but interacting with them is completely optional.

thanks !!!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
So I wait for Minecraft to come out on the PS4 for months. I've never played Minecraft and I figure that I might as well try it out now. Everyone loves Minecraft, I'm sure I'll have a blast.

Turns out I don't like Minecraft.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Meowjesty posted:

So I wait for Minecraft to come out on the PS4 for months. I've never played Minecraft and I figure that I might as well try it out now. Everyone loves Minecraft, I'm sure I'll have a blast.

Play with a buddy or two. Also creative mode is fun for when you want to make giant anime pixel art or dong statues or whatever.

If you go into the game expecting RPG mode or something, you will be disappointed.

If a virtual sandbox isn't your thing, it's doubtful anything any says or suggests will help you enjoy the game. It's literally virtual Legos with a few extras added on top.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Got to watch that trailer at home with sound (was busy at work and the other guys were deep in code while my projects get done) and my god, its so great. Just captures that group think that SORTA comes off as cheesy but it's done a little better here. Can't loving wait for next week!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Meowjesty posted:

Please tell me you tried the demo. :P

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Feenix posted:

Please tell me you tried the demo. :P

:sigh:

Nope.

Noooooooope.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FishBulb posted:

You can run into pubbies in the wild but you don't have to interact with them or even hear them talk.
You can steal all their kills and then rocket bike away too.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I ported my 360 Diablo 3 save over to PS4, and today I found this. It's hard to see (thanks FB for compressing the hell out of the image) but one of the attributes is "+6% [MISSING]" which is pretty hilarious.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

FishBulb posted:

How crowded is the overworld with other players? Is it like playing a new MMO with shitloads of people everywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shonuff posted:

How crowded is the overworld with other players? Is it like playing a new MMO with shitloads of people everywhere?

Nah, they do a thing where you're only going to see a couple people at a time.

• Locked thread