Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

gently caress, so many stealth edits tonight. Can't spell for poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

And a godawful snype. drat it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Endman posted:

And a godawful snype. drat it.

Not GBS FYI.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Not GBS FYI.

OH WOW. I'm going to bed now. I am so terribly sorry D&D thread, but you're right next to GBS thread in my bookmarks.

Endman out.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Humpybong

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

oh my god that youtube link

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

excellent vid

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
He has another amazing one with whizzy, crufts loving rules :3: http://youtu.be/HBqlEZ0eWuQ

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
The full when I'm cleaning windows routine is at 47 mins in this videos. There's a bit where whizzy pretends to wee :laugh: http://youtu.be/t1_vh-5zKk8

Naturally they won bc omg

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fruity Gordo posted:

The full when I'm cleaning windows routine is at 47 mins in this videos. There's a bit where whizzy pretends to wee :laugh: http://youtu.be/t1_vh-5zKk8

Naturally they won bc omg

These people are weird.

Although most of the dogs seem happy as gently caress so its all cool.

Endman
May 18, 2010

You know, in my defence, this thread is currently indistinguishable from the GBS thread.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Fruity Gordo posted:

He has another amazing one with whizzy, crufts loving rules :3: http://youtu.be/HBqlEZ0eWuQ

Goode dogge.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Endman posted:

You know, in my defence, this thread is currently indistinguishable from the GBS thread.

:ssh: don't tell soag

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Endman posted:

It's the weekend. Go outside.

For those who missed it, ICAC Operation Spicer wrapped up public hearings this week. The last few days were pretty spectacular to follow on Twitter as they played out.

There was also the ridiculously pointless grilling of Julia Gillard.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Les Affaires posted:

It's the weekend. Go outside.

For those who missed it, ICAC Operation Spicer wrapped up public hearings this week. The last few days were pretty spectacular to follow on Twitter as they played out.

There was also the ridiculously pointless grilling of Julia Gillard.

Out...side?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

Out...side?

It's ok, I'm sure he meant "it's the weekend, go play Destiny until your eyes bleed"

At least, that's what I interpreted.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Laserface posted:

The second installment of the most accurate commentary on Australian Society is now on YouTube.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc8hHUT_gU0:nws:

Oh my god. This is hosed up.

Here's another one: :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ:nws:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
ICAC is indistinguishable from a Clarke and Dawe sketch

The Saturday Paper posted:

“Did you know that that was money coming from a property developer?”

“No, I didn’t.”

“What did the name of it, Elmslea Land Developments, tell you about it?”

“Ah, yeah...”

“What did you think it was doing?”

“Well, there are many different names for, for companies, ah…”

“It’s true, but this one was Elmslea Land Developments. What did you think that name meant? That it might have something to do with land development?”

“Yes, it could have possibly, yes.”

“And would it strike you that land development was another aspect or one aspect of property development?”

“Yes, correct.”

“Would that cheque on its face alert you to the fact that it most probably came from a property development company?”

“Yes, it would.”

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm surprised more of them don't run with the "I am a certifiable idiot" angle, argue that they were literally too stupid to realise it was a property developer.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Doctor Spaceman posted:

ICAC is indistinguishable from a Clarke and Dawe sketch

This is amazing.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

The_Frag_Man posted:

Oh my god. This is hosed up.

Here's another one: :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ:nws:

He's definitely proving himself to be a blunt instrument, despite his subversiveness.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Today, I like Clive Palmer. Tomorrow: ???

http://unemploymentunion.com.au/2014/09/13/palmer-deals-dole-compromise-dead/

quote:

Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews said he was prepared to negotiate with anyone who understood the taxpayer cannot subsidise people who didn’t want to work or train.

“This is not an earn-or-starve provision, this is an earn-or-learn provision,” he told AAP in a statement.

BECAUSE EVERYONE ON NEWSTART DOESN'T WANT TO WORK OR TRAIN.

(never mind the fact that if you lose your job in September, you can't exactly go straight to a Uni or TAFE and be like "let me learn!" and there are only so many courses that are approved by centrelink for Austudy eligibility anyway)

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 13, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Mithranderp posted:

(never mind the fact that if you lose your job in September, you can't exactly go straight to a Uni or TAFE and be like "let me learn!" and there are only so many courses that are approved by centrelink for Austudy eligibility anyway)

Government Supports More Crime and Youth Suicide

says crossbencher Clive Palmer

Unfortunately I don't believe that makes the front page of the tele tomorrow

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
A sixty year old Cairns woman had police raid her in the middle of the night, confiscating her phone, digging through her rubbish and searching her car and home.

Her crime? Printing stickers that read "G20 Benefits the 1%"

More and more like Joh every day.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If that doesn't result in effectively everyone involved getting demote or sacked then we really have crossed over into the bad place™.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Found a job for some vic goons

http://www.seek.com.au/job/27262055?savedSearchID=7640520&

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
By 'experience working with union delegates' do they mean having the lung capacity to shout down a shoppie?

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Fruity Gordo posted:

By 'experience working with union delegates' do they mean having the lung capacity to shout down a shoppie?

My ex was a SDA union rep and is a current ALP right member. It was so god damned hard not to come down on her for how entirely self-serving the leadership of the SDA are. How they are only in the positions they're in for the political influence it brings and the ability it gives to further they're owned outdated, unsupported and lovely conservative social views. Don Farrell is a loving piece of poo poo, drat it feels good to say it.

Kim Jong ill fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 14, 2014

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Mithranderp posted:

I was having that exact argument with an lnp supporter on another forum. That one can't just enroll in courses that are austudy approved at the drop of a hat.

He countered it by ignoring the point and just repeating earn or learn.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He countered it by ignoring the point

Playing by the lnp hand book then.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I was having that exact argument with an lnp supporter on another forum. That one can't just enroll in courses that are austudy approved at the drop of a hat.

He countered it by ignoring the point and just repeating earn or learn.

Of course you can, if there's no tertiary education centre that will take you, apply to be a secondary student again.

Endman
May 18, 2010

argument with an lnp supporter

Here's where you went wrong, buddy.

Endman
May 18, 2010

WE'RE GOING BACK MOTHERFUCKERS :toot:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Endman posted:

WE'RE GOING BACK MOTHERFUCKERS :toot:

Someone re-do that "we're comin back" Union scare ad the libs did in 07 or 04 but with ADF soldiers in a desert.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Les Affaires posted:

Of course you can, if there's no tertiary education centre that will take you, apply to be a secondary student again.

If you've already completed Year 12 study, Centrelink don't pay you as a student to do it again. And I'm pretty sure most adult/senior schools don't do mid semester/term intakes.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

If you've already completed Year 12 study, Centrelink don't pay you as a student to do it again. And I'm pretty sure most adult/senior schools don't do mid semester/term intakes.

Ahh, so Earn* or Learn**.

*If you can find and secure either a job from a willing employer whose demand matches your particular skillset and is within range of your home.
**If you can secure a place in a qualifying learning institution based upon your existing experience, age, knowledge and ability to pay.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Les Affaires posted:

Ahh, so Earn* or Learn**.

*If you can find and secure either a job from a willing employer whose demand matches your particular skillset and is within range of your home.
**If you can secure a place in a qualifying learning institution based upon your existing experience, age, knowledge and ability to pay.

Basically yeah, getting into a course of any kind isn't as simple as just walking up to a place of learning/training and saying TEACH ME! It involves applications, fees, approvals and time. That's the dumbest furphy about this, that someone can just instantely get into full time training (that meets centrelinks requirements and is approved) as soon as they get the sack.

For instance, I applied for University in March (finding that my job made me depressed and suicidal on occasion). I didn't get approval until June and didn't start until the end of July. The cut off for applications was in April (I think?). Assuming you were fired before April, you'd have to wait until July to get YA as a student or Austudy. If you were fired after April, tough poo poo, you get to wait until next year, by which point you've either starved to death, died from exposure, fallen victim to crime on the streets or found someone willing to house you and feed you.

What makes the whole situation stupid is that, lets assume killing off the most vulnerable isn't their goal, it would make a lot more sense to give people YA/NS for 6 months then tell them gently caress off you're done for another 6 months. Still VERY harsh and arbitrary, but doesn't kick people in their teeth just when they've lost their job. I'm not endorsing either option at all (they both punish people in unfortunate circumstances) but I'm confused as to why (from a PR viewpoint) the LNP decided to sell the option that has people starving and dying first, rather than giving them at least a few breadcrumbs.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

Basically yeah, getting into a course of any kind isn't as simple as just walking up to a place of learning/training and saying TEACH ME! It involves applications, fees, approvals and time. That's the dumbest furphy about this, that someone can just instantely get into full time training (that meets centrelinks requirements and is approved) as soon as they get the sack.

For instance, I applied for University in March (finding that my job made me depressed and suicidal on occasion). I didn't get approval until June and didn't start until the end of July. The cut off for applications was in April (I think?). Assuming you were fired before April, you'd have to wait until July to get YA as a student or Austudy. If you were fired after April, tough poo poo, you get to wait until next year, by which point you've either starved to death, died from exposure, fallen victim to crime on the streets or found someone willing to house you and feed you.

What makes the whole situation stupid is that, lets assume killing off the most vulnerable isn't their goal, it would make a lot more sense to give people YA/NS for 6 months then tell them gently caress off you're done for another 6 months. Still VERY harsh and arbitrary, but doesn't kick people in their teeth just when they've lost their job. I'm not endorsing either option at all (they both punish people in unfortunate circumstances) but I'm confused as to why (from a PR viewpoint) the LNP decided to sell the option that has people starving and dying first, rather than giving them at least a few breadcrumbs.

Their idea is based on the principle of young people having a decent social network to draw upon in times of hardship - ie, parents, family members etc. All they are doing is ensuring that these networks are relied upon moreso than welfare. It assumes a lot, for example that the family or community members will not feel put upon and will be happy to help; also that they have the capacity to help; also the mental health detriment that a seemingly "independent" young adult will feel when they have no choice but to grovel at the feet of others just to survive.

It makes a lot more sense if you just assume "the nuclear family" is the pinnacle of community to the exclusion or ignorance of all others.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

In relationship to the terror level being raised, the bins at the rail stations in Brisbane have all been sealed shut, at least in the inner metro area. Might also be due to G20, but the timing makes me think the former rather than the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
POLL NUMBERS SKYROCKET, ABBOTT DECLARED NEW HOWARD, ABC CUTS 10 MILLION JOB IN PREPARATION FOR TONY'S TEN YEAR REIGN OF (COUNTER)TERROR.

• Locked thread