Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

PicklePants posted:

This one looks like a straight Gil Elvgren rip off. Well, kinda. Looks like he took the pose from one, gave it the clothing of another. He tried to do his own arms and face..

And they ended up being the worst parts. Such teeny tiny hands.

Yeah, and Gil Elvgren girls don't look like they just got stung by a swarm of bees on their faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Well, yeah. Gil was also really talented, and took a lot of care in photographing, and designing his illustrations. He didn't just cop out and do a poor piece together of someone else's work.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm hoping the answer was no.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Staryberry posted:

Yeah, and Gil Elvgren girls don't look like they just got stung by a swarm of bees on their faces.

This guy really loved the duck lips, goddamn

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

The key word there being quality.

I'd rather my artist draw it out on a sheet so that I can ensure it's placed exactly where I want it.

Yes, but all I'm saying is you can't speak in absolutes about something like that("NEVER do this."). Same goes for saying never to get a tatoo on vacation to be honest("ALWAYS sit on your idea for awhile to make sure you REALLY want it permanently etched in your skin."). I've never done it myself, and probably never would, but not every idea has to be sat on for ages. Some people have fun getting little pieces to commemorate a trip. As long as it isn't poo poo quality, who cares? That one you posted was pretty bad, though.

Content:

From this article about certain tattoo style(s?) that are popular and fade really fast, though someone in the other thread mentioned that they had heard the second one was actually a rip off of the original. Who knows? Either way, looks like poo poo.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Psychobabble! posted:

Fading tattoo styles :words:

Even the Mona Lisa is faded. I've got some painterly tattoos that are 10ish years old and are hard to read from any distance from a studio everyone speaks really highly of. It's not a problem, but that's just what happens with that style and how it worked out for me.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Say Nothing posted:

I'm hoping she got a big tattoo of "NO"

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Psychobabble! posted:

Yes, but all I'm saying is you can't speak in absolutes about something like that("NEVER do this."). Same goes for saying never to get a tatoo on vacation to be honest("ALWAYS sit on your idea for awhile to make sure you REALLY want it permanently etched in your skin."). I've never done it myself, and probably never would, but not every idea has to be sat on for ages. Some people have fun getting little pieces to commemorate a trip. As long as it isn't poo poo quality, who cares? That one you posted was pretty bad, though.

Content:

From this article about certain tattoo style(s?) that are popular and fade really fast, though someone in the other thread mentioned that they had heard the second one was actually a rip off of the original. Who knows? Either way, looks like poo poo.

It's obvious the second one is a copy by a less talented artist. Look at the lines around the nose hole and the way strands of hair fall differently.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Esroc posted:

It's obvious the second one is a copy by a less talented artist. Look at the lines around the nose hole and the way strands of hair fall differently.

Yeah that's definitely the case. A lot of the minor details are missing, I highly doubt that a black line would just vanish. For example, the cracks under the eyes/on the cheek.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

People on imgur seem really impressed by this very deep tattoo:

The spunkUV ink only appears under a black light! Wow!

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

JoelJoel posted:

People on imgur seem really impressed by this very deep tattoo:

The spunkUV ink only appears under a black light! Wow!

I once saw a fight happen in a nightclub because some guy's friends had written "Dennis is a twat" on the front of his shirt with a UV pen. Fun times.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

White Dog Eggs posted:

I once saw a fight happen in a nightclub because some guy's friends had written "Dennis is a twat" on the front of his shirt with a UV pen. Fun times.

He must be good. I have a hard time even writing in a straight line with my UV pen.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Esroc posted:

I don't know about your experience, but the white ink my tattoos always fades to bright yellow after a year or so.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Esroc posted:

Both of those were taken from the same artist's facebook. They are the same tattoo. There's a lot you can do to make the tattoo look loving excellent walking out of the shop, and utter poo poo six months later. I have a tattoo on my back that won awards when it was done, and looks like utter poo poo now.

The strands of hair look like they fall differently because the greywash the guy used didn't stay.

Edit: Also, if you look to the left, and down a bit from the eyes in both pictures, you can see a mole they tattooed around.

ToastFaceKillah has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Sep 19, 2014

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They could always try it again in 2019.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Psychobabble! posted:

Well, I did say they were my own personal rules for getting tattoos. They work for me, but YMMV. :shrug:

If I ever did want to get a tattoo on vacation, hell if I'd end up at some kitchen scratcher in a tourist section of town, though. Research that poo poo first and find a good shop, jeez (which my friend's coworker clearly did not).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Psychobabble! posted:

I get all my work done on vacations, but it's all things I've had planned for a long time and I go to very reputable shops I've checked out the work of online beforehand. :shrug: It's a fun story and it's a cooler souvenir than a snow globe or whatever.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

JoelJoel posted:

Why are there squirts of piss flying out of the flag?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

spudsbuckley posted:

I assume some drunk Glaswegian has pissed on it, so every time it flutters in the wind, urine is flung about.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

spudsbuckley posted:

You've not been to Glasgow have you?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Wow, good thing those will wear off in no time (especially not with all that masturbating).

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

JoelJoel posted:

I have been thoroughly confused by the semicircle flag since I first saw this. What the gently caress is going on there?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
It's billowing in the wind, you dolt.

e: or it's bowing under the weight of a bunch of piss, some of which appears to be spilling out.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

cobalt impurity posted:

It's billowing in the wind, you dolt.

e: or it's bowing under the weight of a bunch of piss, some of which appears to be spilling out.

And wrapped on an anchor because, you know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

It clearly says 2074. Maybe he'll be right! But if not he will look like a fool in 60 years...poor guy.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Say Nothing posted:

If my last name was Bummers, I'd want to get married right away.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Solice Kirsk posted:

It clearly says 2074. Maybe he'll be right! But if not he will look like a fool in 60 years...poor guy.

No no no, didn't you listen to David Cameron? The outcome of this vote was forever.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Dr. Stab posted:

Say Nothing posted:

If my last name was Bummers, I'd want to get married right away.

It looks like a lovely cursive G

Calofire Guminers.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
A girl who is ridiculously defensive of her lovely tattoos posted on fb yesterday that she was at a shop with "an amaaaazing artist" and the results did not disappoint

Everyone who commented on that was talking about how they just loved it and they booked that artist for like a tattoo party or some stupid poo poo like that. Not the first time she'd get worked on outside of a tattoo parlor. One of those times she went to the artists house cause he was apprenticing at a shop and they wouldn't give him any time to work on clients so they told him he had to do it outside of the shop at home. That girl bought that load of bullshit and got some stupid squished ying yang symbol.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

CeramicPig posted:

A girl who is ridiculously defensive of her lovely tattoos posted on fb yesterday that she was at a shop with "an amaaaazing artist" and the results did not disappoint

Everyone who commented on that was talking about how they just loved it and they booked that artist for like a tattoo party or some stupid poo poo like that. Not the first time she'd get worked on outside of a tattoo parlor. One of those times she went to the artists house cause he was apprenticing at a shop and they wouldn't give him any time to work on clients so they told him he had to do it outside of the shop at home. That girl bought that load of bullshit and got some stupid squished ying yang symbol.

That Saddest Skull.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ToastFaceKillah posted:

I have a tattoo on my back that won awards when it was done, and looks like utter poo poo now.

Can you post fresh and poo poo pics?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Please identify this thing.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
It's clearly a demon/ghost/djinni hybrid doing some serious flexing, the words "We bleeD" and a bunch of weeping razor cuts strung between 'em like spider webs or slime or something.

Duh! :rolleyes:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

A visual representation of regret?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Say Nothing posted:

"Horribly healing (&done obv), scabbing tattoo, with possible infection incoming, which, for some reason, says 'rice'"

And probably something to do with juggalos.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Say Nothing posted:

cobalt impurity posted:

It's clearly a demon/ghost/djinni hybrid doing some serious flexing, the words "We bleeD" and a bunch of weeping razor cuts strung between 'em like spider webs or slime or something.

Duh! :rolleyes:

That's uh...well, I waited too long and he beat me to it. Why the monster from the end of Fantasia is commiserating with us and telling us that We Bleed, I'm not sure, but there you go.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I was playing guitar and jamming along to the 2nd David Lee Roth solo album Skyscraper when it occurred to me that there had to be at least one person with a DLR tattoo. I wasn't disappointed.

Heres an Eddie Van Halen piece (of poo poo)

And finally Steve Vai

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh god the flippers :cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Say Nothing posted:

It's part of the Cryptopsy logo, a death metal band. We Bleed is one of their songs.

super size soft serve has a new favorite as of 15:32 on Sep 22, 2014

• Locked thread