Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

According to the Cookie Clicker wiki you need at least a trillion cookies for your first HC, but yeah if it's not showing after that then it should definitely show when you get the chocolate egg unlocked for purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Just discovered holding down click on the green bars in Adventure Capitalist boosts the speed, and there's plans for upgrades to that

my plans to break this curse are flawed

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Blind Duke posted:

Just discovered holding down click on the green bars in Adventure Capitalist boosts the speed, and there's plans for upgrades to that

my plans to break this curse are flawed

There's also Wall Destroyer :unsmigghh:

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm just here to tell you that octillion fingers as a permanent upgrade along with the whole (cheap) golden cookie pathway for 5x cheaper percentage cookies and also a starter kit and 5 grandmas will cost around 1000ish heavenly chips and will have you buying prisms as your starting building.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

your reset window should look like this:

This is only true if you're using an add-on like Frozen Cookies. Ordinarily the reset window does not show HC or chocolate egg information. Also, ordinarily Cookie Clicker does NOT pop all wrinklers, sell all buildings and buy the chocolate egg for you at reset time. You need to remember to do that yourself.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

qntm posted:

This is only true if you're using an add-on like Frozen Cookies. Ordinarily the reset window does not show HC or chocolate egg information. Also, ordinarily Cookie Clicker does NOT pop all wrinklers, sell all buildings and buy the chocolate egg for you at reset time. You need to remember to do that yourself.

I assume popping of wrinklers is after I finish researching all the cookies?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

shaitan posted:

I assume popping of wrinklers is after I finish researching all the cookies?

Huh?

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
he hasn't gotten to the switch yet, shut up.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
I had a big computer failure and lost my ~26m HC save.

I'm free.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
so...wrinklers.... do i just leave them alone or what? i don't really get how they work.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

so...wrinklers.... do i just leave them alone or what? i don't really get how they work.

Not sure if the versions have changed this but before, it was best to let them drain your CPS. When they explode they return all lost cookies plus a percentage bonus.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Avocados posted:

Not sure if the versions have changed this but before, it was best to let them drain your CPS. When they explode they return all lost cookies plus a percentage bonus.
During Easter you can burst them to have a chance at unlocking eggs, which can be pretty useful (especially if you haven't unlocked all of the eggs at least once).

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I have all the eggs and the achievement. So I just let them suck? And then pop them when I am ready to restart?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I have all the eggs and the achievement. So I just let them suck? And then pop them when I am ready to restart?

Pop them whenever you want the money, yeah.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Think of your banked cookies as your checking account. The wrinklers are your savings account. As long as you don't withdraw, they keep accruing interest

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
pretty sure I make more cookies from frenzied Lucky cookies than idling with wrinklers. and then the click frenzies during a frenzy are even better.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I started playing the Beta right away, is there a way to make more Heavenly chips then getting one per ascension?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

tripwood posted:

I started playing the Beta right away, is there a way to make more Heavenly chips then getting one per ascension?

You only get heavenly chips via ascension, but you should be waiting until you get a bunch before ascending each time.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

d3rt posted:

pretty sure I make more cookies from frenzied Lucky cookies than idling with wrinklers. and then the click frenzies during a frenzy are even better.

The trick is to stop buying grandma upgrades after One Mind, because then you can do both at the same time.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I have come to the realization, that you can have the Arcane Sugar (+5%!!!) without getting the second stage of the Grandmapocalypse.

Just get it normally then keep it as a permanent upgrade.

Also, is this (by that logic) the best carry over set?
Gold cookie upgrades 1,2,3
Omelette
Arcane Sugar

I have enough heavenly cookies that I can get 400 Grandmas and 250 prisms in less than 10 minutes even if I miss the golden cookies, so none of the upgrade items seem worth it?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gensuki posted:

I have come to the realization, that you can have the Arcane Sugar (+5%!!!) without getting the second stage of the Grandmapocalypse.

Omelette
Arcane Sugar

I have enough heavenly cookies that I can get 400 Grandmas and 250 prisms in less than 10 minutes even if I miss the golden cookies, so none of the upgrade items seem worth it?

Probably not better than other ups that get you off the ground faster. 5% is not a lot in the large pool if +% bonuses you get.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gensuki posted:

Omelette
Arcane Sugar

I mentioned this earlier, you'll really want the one that speeds up research. Without it, you have to wait 30 minutes for the first research instead of 3.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Alright whoever posted wall destroyer is a jerk and I gotta ask: at what point is it worth it to consider resetting? I'm still getting decent progress but the fact that you keep all your upgrades means I feel like I'd get back to where I am pretty fast. Anyone that deep in?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Eldercain posted:

Alright whoever posted wall destroyer is a jerk and I gotta ask: at what point is it worth it to consider resetting? I'm still getting decent progress but the fact that you keep all your upgrades means I feel like I'd get back to where I am pretty fast. Anyone that deep in?

I basically just do it almost every time I break the fourth wall, since you keep getting trophies that boost your DPS and getting through the fifth wall takes a million years anyway.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I had to wipe firefox and it lost my game. I'm...free.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I had to wipe firefox and it lost my game. I'm...free.

Hooray! To celebrate, you ought to take a little time for yourself and CLICK THE loving COOKIE.
Or punch a wall. You know, whatever skinners your box.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Hooray! To celebrate, you ought to take a little time for yourself and CLICK THE loving COOKIE.
Or punch a wall. You know, whatever skinners your box.

I had some bug where the drat wall game was showing up as "Unknown by Unknown" and now my save data is reset. I was about to break the 5th wall with no resets. Anyone got a github or a way I can cheat in a bunch of money? I was having fun but not sure I want to regrind a week of poo poo.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Perhaps you would like to try being a capitalist

I'm probably not even halfway through and I'm running with numbers as high as duovigintillion

that's a 1 followed by 69 zeros

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Ortiels clicker game maker loads stuff from pastebin and if it can't load that nearly-blank screen is what you get.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yeah I figured someone hosed with something and it broke it. Unfortunately it broke my save too and the objects you can easily find from the javascript console either aren't helpful or need some kind of input that I haven't been able to guess. I'll probably slowly make my way back up in it just because it is like a more interesting version of cookie clicker.

Also I'm already an adventure capitalist. I'm in the slums of trigintillions trying to get the last 4-5 upgrades. When I get home I should have 3 DDc angels so I can safely drop some on one of those last two upgrades and finally make some progress, but it's slow going as poo poo up at that point. The pace of the game is really weird, I reset every 30m at one point, and now it's every 3-4 days. Also not as interesting a game as wall destroyer.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I think I'm done with Cookie Clicker. I've been running with an autoclicker for weeks now and I'm still not any closer to getting Dr T.

Meanwhile, Adventure Capitalist is hella fun.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I can reset every few days and make more money than my entire previous time playing the game

Adventure Capitalist is pretty great

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I must be doing something wrong with Adventure Capitalist, I feel like I've been stuck in the nonillions forever. I'm not resetting enough, or too much, or I spend too many/not enough angels? I'm not a pro idleSports player :corsair:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It gets faster and faster after the first few resets until you can increase your investors by an order of magnitude every hour or two, then once you start hitting the end of the achievements for each business it slows way down again.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Around 650 newspaper stands your lemonade becomes the biggest money maker and things just sorta skyrocket from there into 1000 of every structure, where it slows down again

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yeah I'm in the endgame for Adventure capitalist. I closed it and left it running for like 4 days and only earned like 60 tredecillion angels.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Annakie posted:

Yeah I'm in the endgame for Adventure capitalist. I closed it and left it running for like 4 days and only earned like 60 tredecillion angels.

That's pretty much where I am. It looks like pretty long haul to 2000 newspaper stands, even though that's only a few more than I have.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4 quattrodecillion angels and about 2 days since my last reset.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Adventure Capitalist didn't snag me for too long.

This sucked me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Adventure Capitalist is fun when you're resetting once or twice a day, but the endgame just sucks and is boring.

Clicker Heroes is pretty great though.

• Locked thread