Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Horns posted:

edit: Yo Ddraig

Getting this crash when trying to loot izloms. Specifically the ones hanging out behind the Iron Forest, if that matters (they're the only izloms I've come across so far).

edit 2: Also found an exploit: ARS adds the option to refill flasks; if you have an empty flask and talk to Beard, you can fill the flask, but immediately after filling it another empty flask will show up in Beard's inventory - buy that and you can fill it again, which will cause another empty flask to be available for purchase, fill that, buy another one, fill it, etc. Buying the flask and filling it is 190RU; the full coffee flask sells back to Beard for about 4400RU. Really easy way to make a poo poo load of extra cash, I was up to 100K after just a minute or two.

Fixed both of these. Thanks for the info!

Here's the patch notes so far:

Version 1.1

* Changed ghillie suit. Now has no nightvision, but you can wear a mask/helmet with it. It presumably goes over the rest... why would it have a dedicated helmet? Removed all electrical resistance, slightly reduced radiation resistance to compensate for being allowed to wear a helmet. Removed custom 'ghillie' hud, as it's now controlled by the helmet you wear (if any)
* Exoskeleton now doesn't start off with upgrades. You need to buy them. Increased price of upgrades. It's pretty much the best outfit, no need to make it even better.
* Changed scopes to 'open' versions. Looks slightly better.
* Changed L85's scope to the CWS, modified the night vision to second gen.
* Added basic russian localization.
* Added tracers to bullets.
* Reduced weight and increased price of mutant parts/artifacts. Now more worthwhile hunting for them.
* Fixed icon for cyanide.
* Changed exoskeleton so you can no longer wear a dedicated helmet. For all intents and purposes, it's a closed-system suit. Added in cut dynamic hud for exo.
* Added in modified renderer dlls and optimized lua dll. USE AT OWN RISK.
* Added in missing helmets during game start. Whoops, my bad. (N)
* Added in cut random events in Zaton.
* Added a few extra new stories to the dialog manager texts.
* Translated spawn menu to english.
* Dramatically reduced controller death aura range/power. Now does less damage, but disorients you more.
* Prevented cyanide from being sold. It's doubtful there's a large market for such things.
* Correctly added achievement trackers to vodka usage. Should now allow the achievement to be unlocked!
* Added in stubs for toxicity functionality. Not used at the moment.
* Double checked all instances of requiring a specific suit for certain missions to include Misery's suits, in addition to the exoskeleton.
* Added in contextual dialog to the Barmen about the radios during emissions/psi-storms. (N)
* Changed loadscreen text. Not completely done, but less stupid than it once was.
* Minor edits to the game text to make more sense given the world of Misery we inhabit.
* Fixed crash associated with looting izloms.
* Fixed exploit with flasks.
* Added in class specific dead drops.

As with all patches, change classes at least once to copy new files over. Game will break otherwise. Changes indicated with (N) indicate changes which may not show up unless you start a new game. These are minor and will not affect your enjoyment of the game if you've already started, so don't sweat it.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq5XiNzD1cE

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FAqM_yjAus

Edit: Hehehehe, I like this guy's videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssHtEPA4JI4

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 28, 2014

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
In case nobody here has already heard, LURK's development has discontinued and the team is moving on to doing a STALKER inspired game with UE4.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

In case nobody here has already heard, LURK's development has discontinued and the team is moving on to doing a STALKER inspired game with UE4.

Hopefully the project doesn't die there. Seems like just a little while ago they were going to use the new OGSE as a base. I do understand them wanting to get away from X-Ray though.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
X-ray is a really tragic thing...

It's like an engine that's probably 20 years old and the devs never wanted to trash it because it was their baby. In other words, GSC is collectively psychotic.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Any engine that utilizes multiple cores is ok in my book.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D65KOzA5tBE

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Jesus Christ I could feel my rear end in a top hat pucker up.

Real men take on that chimera with a knife while blasting bullfighting music:colbert:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Naky posted:

That's a shame, but I can't fault them for it. I was really enjoying following Daemonion's work with sound, and Millenia is still one of the greatest skinners I've seen. :(

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Decided to put my Lost Alpha addon on the backburner for a bit. I've heard rumours on some russian forums that another patch may be coming soon and Dezodor has been a lot more active on the GSC forums in general so that may be true. I don't really want to put something out that's going to be mostly hosed up by official fixes and what have you. I've learned my lesson with Misery there :v:

I've also sort of hit a roadblock in Yantar in that I can't find the entrance to the tunnel where they want me to go because I'm a stupid baby and suck at exploring.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Holy poo poo, stalker is supposed to be that smooth? My PC is a heap of poo poo then, don't think I've ever seen higher than 20fps. :sigh:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

nexus6 posted:

Holy poo poo, stalker is supposed to be that smooth? My PC is a heap of poo poo then, don't think I've ever seen higher than 20fps. :sigh:

The X-Ray engine is a really weird thing. I built a new PC and it runs stalker pretty smooth now... even Misery, when it isn't stuttering like gently caress, runs well now.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I played the other STALKER games when they came out, but only now started up Call of Pripyat. I'm playing with the Arsenal Overhaul 2.3 mod with the Pripyat reborn add-on, and I'm liking the game a lot. It looks a bit more dated than I remember, but not bad actually (I guess the mod helps out there), and I forgot how atmospheric the STALKER games are. And challenging too.

Apparently there's a glitch that happens sometimes when you do the bloodsucker nest mission, where when you first scout the building out with grouse, and get to the area where they're sleeping, they automatically wake up and attack. Well, I got that glitch! One second I'm walking down a quiet, dark corridor with Grouse, and the next a dozen bloodsuckers charge us. Thankfully Grouse was in front and blocked their advance momentarily. He died horribly while giving me just enough time to get out of the corridor, panic, and run around the basement in circles spamming grenades and dumping my ammo all over the place. And I somehow managed to kill them all. It was terrifying and amazing, and no gas was needed :smug:. But now I don't get anymore Grouse missions.

As for performance, it's kind of weird for me too. I have a midrange computer, and can run the game with settings maxed with no problem, but every now and then poo poo will stutter constantly for a minute or so, and then get back to being pretty smooth. I downloaded a no prefetch mod, which is supposed to help with that, but I don't think it made any difference.

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Jesus Christ I could feel my rear end in a top hat pucker up.

poo poo, calm down or you might NEED TOILET PAPER :haw:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That was a lot funnier than it had any right to be.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think the best part is you can still see his goggles during the explosion.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Lost Alpha is probably the best stalker experience so far. I'd totally side with misery but it's on the CoP world which again, I'm completely indignant about.

If misery added on all the maps that SHoC had it would be the perfect stalker mod. This is totally not nostalgia, SHoC's gameworld is simply much bigger and has so many god drat nooks and crannies. All I can remember about CoP is a bunch of swampy areas. In SHoC I remember everything from warehouses, swamps, forests, the traincar area infested with bloodsuckers (my favorite).. The list goes on and on.

Misery doesn't capture the feeling it's trying to convey to me. And sadly it's simply because the world is way too small and predictable. At least add on a few of the bigger maps. There aren't very many constricting close quarters areas in CoP. I imagined I'd constantly be driven into hiding in tunnels and such (only to discover I need to fight inside just to hold that ground until it's clear) but the world simply doesn't allow it. If anything CoP has the easiest gameworld of the three by far.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Got another crash log for ya

quote:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !m_error_code
[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
[error]Line : 748
[error]Description : ...call of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\itms_manager.script:241: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'add' (a nil value)

stack trace:

Getting this when trying to loot mutants with the NR-40 knife.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Horns posted:

Got another crash log for ya

Getting this when trying to loot mutants with the NR-40 knife.

thanks for this. The problems with mutant looting sort of come from the fact I was slightly lazy with making the 'looting mutants' script and made it entirely script based and based on certain monster's names. I'm going to fix this and give each knife a 'damage multiplier' and each mutant a 'damage amount' that are used when determining how much damage a knife takes when looting. These will be found in the mutants/weapons configs respectively. So you can easily change and tweak the damage values and how much each knife 'multiplies' them very easily. I'll also add in a fail safe so if either of these values don't exist it doesn't crash the game, it just doesn't run that part of the script. I'll also be changing the sleep/poison thresholds to be stored in the actor.ltx aswell

There's no reason these configs shouldn't be in there and be up to the player apart from lazy coding on mine and MDT's part.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

*Talk about lua coding*

Ddraig, I have a question for you since you're the best lua scripter around besides Alundaio (who took off again) that I know about and isn't Russian.

As you know, there is a problem in the game where stealth doesn't work. I've confirmed through looking at the source code for COP that sound suppressors don't do anything at all except modify accuracy and damage, etc. as defined in the config (maybe they just expected all silencer shots would be commented so they had a short range, so they didn't bother doing anything further with them? Seems pretty lazy...)

I believe the biggest problem with stealth is the fact that once you shoot someone that is a member of the squad, that member of the squad as well as the rest of the squad immediately hone in on your position and know where you are.
I'm trying to modify the source so that stealth works better, but I'm not sure if this would be in the code or the scripts. In your opinion, is it hard-coded or scripted, based on looking at the ai scripts?
If it's hardcoded I can probably make a cheap fix for it, but if it's scripted I can't.

Thanks for your time.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I believe the events are hardcoded, but I think the elements of what stalkers do with that information are coded. The best I can come up with is the xr_danger.script

This is pretty much what stalkers use to determine if something is a threat or not.

There's plenty of conditions that return false in the evaluate portion (I'm looking at SoC here, I assume it would be similar for later games)

xr_danger makes a lot of references to 'danger_object' (i.e. danger_object.entity_attacked and such) so you may want to look there and see what you can find?

e: I'm also flattered you consider me close to Alundaio... I'm good at doing rough hack jobs, I guess. Alundaio is the real master :v:

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 1, 2014

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Would it be possible to add an upgrade tree to the military binoculars to have NPC identification brackets and zooming? Seems kind of silly that it takes up a weapon slot but is no more functional than a rifle scope (less functional in some cases since you can upgrade some sniper rifles to have adjustable scopes).

Also scripting chat is fascinating. I really hope the source code leak leads to people fixing some of the biggest nagging issues with these games like stutter and broken stealth.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hopefully fixed the broken mutant looting. I've added in a dead drop that should trigger after a few ingame hours. You'll get a crumpled up note left for you with Beard, which will give you a cryptic hint of where it is. All are around the starting areas for the various classes and have slightly upgraded weapons and a suit. Who helps supply the dead drop is hinted at later.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm planning out a GURPS campaign set in STALKER. I feel like the setting has far too much potential to be restricted to video games, and predominately text and imagination-based roleplay games really help in expanding on it.

Part of my research involves trying to get my hands on as many Eastern European items as possible to get a good feel for them. Trying to get my hands on a good replica Makarov (though I'd love to go out and shoot a real one) and spend more time looking over an AK.

The food testing is somewhat terrifying.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Try and get your hands on some kefir if you can. That stuff is amazing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ddraig posted:

Try and get your hands on some kefir if you can. That stuff is amazing.

Trader Joe's opened up nearby in Winter Park and if they're anything like the one I went to in Silver Spring, MD they should have some mass produced kefir.

So far I've eaten fried sprats in tomato sauce (from Latvia) and fried herring in spicy marinade (from Germany), both canned. The sprats tasted almost entirely like the tomato sauce with a faint smell and aftertaste reminiscent of canned tuna, and eating them was an exercise in avoiding what seemed like little bits of bone. The herring, likewise, tasted almost entirely like a massive overdose of spicy marinade and still had spines and very gnarly-looking scales. After I found a little dark brown orb rolling around on the plate I gave up. In both cases I surrendered to the fish; the sauce was overpowering and eventually became too much for my taste buds and finding edible meat among the disgusting or inedible bits was like a minefield. I still have a can of Riga Sprats in sunflower oil and I plan on getting myself some Ukrainian sausage (anyone know where that "diet sausage" made of chicken and soy comes from?) and maybe even some surplus Russian Federation and Ukrainian military rations.

In terms of props I currently have my own Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (1938 Tula) with a bayonet, oil bottle, and three two-cell ammo pouches. I even found a website that sells that ubiquitous blue tape.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Found this:

A ton of Stalker mods, some of them quite hard to find somewhere that isn't a russian filesite:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w

I'd highly recommend The Faction War for Clear Sky.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I'd highly recommend going into The Faction War knowing eventually it'll break itself or just start crashing a lot right off the bat.
It gets old really really fast. But if you want a mod that highlights the combat of this game, he's right. Play it until it breaks.

Also I'm fairly certain that the sausage found in the zone is random summer sausage. If you know about slavs and their sausages you'd know that a kielbasa recipe in one village is entirely different to the recipe in a neighboring village. Most likely. Just talking about it makes me want some and stuffed cabbage... and pierogi. And a shitload of vodka.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 3, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think the faction wars aspect are pretty cool. I was heading to Yantar to kill some mercs because i want to join Defiance and need them to like me...

I came across a duty patrol fighting off some bandits. I figured this would be a good opportunity for some gear. Waited around for them to kill each other. Duty won, naturally, but they were hurting. I went around taking stuff off their bodies and one of the survivors demanded I give the items back or he'd shoot me.

That was a pretty :yikes: moment. Then when I killed the mercs and headed back to the Loner base, they were all huddled inside the building because a military chopper was prowling. Pretty fun.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord

This reminds me of the GTA4 engine where you'd shoot people while they're driving. Cops would usually get out of their cars, close the door, and go ragdoll immediately after.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
One thing that gets me with this game is it's almost predictable.
Task seems too easy? that's because you need to find safety yet and collect your reward. I took on the "kill the stalker" in Yantar. Trip there was easy, sniped the dude, came back through Rostock with no issues till I turned around the corner where all the sparklers and sniper tower are near the garage. I went back and counted after I managed to shoot, run and medkit repeatedly. 25 blind dogs, 10 psuedo dogs, 3 fleshes, 8 snorks, 4 bloodsuckers, and a herd of those rodents. Seriously the only thing missing was a controller or two. Shoulda seen it coming. You know it was the game loving you since mutants normally attack the wildlife anywhere and time else. Sure enough, next mission through there I decided to climb up and walk on the pipes back to the sniper tower. Game waited till I was down and approaching the tunnel where the first mission snipers were perched. Somehow another herd like the last made it past the Duty guys without touching them and I had to dash for the ladder and get up on the second floor just in time.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Just wanted to issue a warning for any potential GTX 970 or 980 owners:
The drivers made available don't work well with Stalker.
I've only tested Call of Pripyat, but in DX9 mode it causes lots of artifacting issues (mostly in shadows and in grass) but it doesn't happen in DX10 and 11.

It also causes problems for the SDK, which at random will no longer boot up, and will crash on start.
It's important for me to be able to use the SDK as a mod maker.

I think I'm going to downgrade to my GTX 760 with earlier drivers until the issues with the 900 series drivers is fixed (already reported Stalker issues on official Nvidia driver forums).

Just thought I'd let people know.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Playing with Arsenal Overhaul 2.3 and I had to disable emissions, psy storms and fallouts because they are killing me inside Skadovsk. :( In the cantina, Owl's shop and with Kaidan.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Azran posted:

Playing with Arsenal Overhaul 2.3 and I had to disable emissions, psy storms and fallouts because they are killing me inside Skadovsk. :( In the cantina, Owl's shop and with Kaidan.

It may be possible that if they've disabled weapon hiding in bases, then this can cause issues with emissions. I remember vaguely this problem, where if you were in the Skadvosk when an emission was approaching, and you had your gun out, the game would not consider it a safe area for the purposes of not dying.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Azran posted:

Skadovsk is a safe area, [if you] holster your weapon!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh Stalker. :allears: Thanks.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Ddraig can you trip report more on The Faction Wars?
(I'm secretly hoping you pick it up as a side project and fix it a bit more)

Also I'm loving Lost Alpha but it's clearly not finished. Here's waiting for your next patch after the next update.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Well here's my trip report so far:

started off in the army warehouses. You're given the task 'RUN!' because there's apparently a bloodsucker or something after you. You start in that huge tower in the village...

Got to the safe area, where there was a stalker who told me about the various factions.

I figured Loners (now called Defiance, to make them distinct from the regular 'we don't give a gently caress about politics' loners)

The guy took me and dropped me off at the farm. Defiance wouldn't let me join, because they didn't know me well enough. Fair enough... used my meager money to buy a knife, sleeping bag and radio because I had no equipment at all. I sort of ran around the cordon looking for a weapon to scavenge. Meanwhile there's several fights going on that I avoid because I have no means of survival. I don't even have food at the moment.

Finally grab a pistol from somewhere, and decide to do some jobs for Sidorovich to build my rep up. Mainly delivery jobs at the moment.

This took me up to the Garbage, which is now pretty much prime Stalker territory. The factions now have different territory and goals, I guess. The Hangar is now another stalker base.

I managed to luck out and find a Mosin-Nagant on a corpse. I figured this would be my weapon of choice for a while, and it was. Got a job to go to Yantar and kill some Mercs. Figured this would be an ideal time to get some decent equipment. Managed to take out the leader (the guy I was supposed to kill) and they swarmed me with their really incredibly powerful weapons. I was hiding behind a piece of sheet metal, trying to figure out where they were, and standing up briefly to fire off a shot before cowering.

This wasn't necessary at all as they got swarmed by a group of loners that were coming from somewhere. Once the mercs were all dead, I went to loot them. The Stalkers got pissed, demanding I give the stuff back. I didn't want to cause a scene since they outnumbered me and managed to take these guys out pretty easy, so I said forget it, grabbed whatever I could and went back to the Cordon. On the way there, got caught in an emission. Had to hide out in the Hangar while it stopped. After that, there was a huge invasion by Duty from Agroprom that they managed to hold back. I decided to say 'gently caress this!' and went back to the Cordon. On my way there, a chopper was circling. I managed to run into the farm where all the stalkers were hiding out in the building. I guess I brought the wrath of god down on them, though, because the heli had spotted me and was firing rockets at the farm. Whoops.

A few stalkers died. Managed to loot their bodies without too much fuss. After the helicopter flew off, a few stalkers started dragging the bodies out of the building and out of the farm.

Got back to Sidorovich, handed in the job, then the village was attacked by a bloodsucker I guess? Managed to get the hell out of dodge long enough for the farm to send a squad to the village to 'retake' it.

Right now I've joined Defiance, and have pretty much completely taken the Swamps over from Clear Sky. I had a companion (Bear) who got blown the gently caress up while storming the fishing hamlet. Right now I managed to luck out and got a SiG Sniper to replace my Mosin, and have gotten enough XP to get the 'health viewing' skill which lets me see if I manage to hurt someone, which is neat.

Right now Defiance are fighting a war on three fronts in the Garbage. We've got Duty coming in from Agroprom, Freedom coming in from the Warehouses and another faction coming from the Dark Valley.

It's a really, really loving fun mod that has a lot of nice little touches, like sanctions if you kill members of your faction, dynamic news that makes sense, and 'travel time' where it takes time to go from one level to another and you get little messages of what happened while you were travelling etc.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You've pretty much sold me on getting it.

I think for the STALKER RP I was planning, that's the kind of feel I want. I think the main games focus too much on the powerhouse factions that have military equipment and exoskeletons and poo poo, and within a few hours everyone is running around with AK-74s and silenced pistols. I think the setting has a lot more going for it if you look at the lower rungs of the ladder. Like the runaway criminals who are hiding from the police or trying to start up a new identity in the Zone, or gangs trying to use the Zone as a means of expanding their wealth. Or the rookies who are basically kids looking for adventure or fortune and glory and show up with a homemade .22 revolver, a knife, and a few cans of food to try and strike it rich. And they end up realizing only too late that they're way out of their element and need to either get badass or go home.

The current plot I'm thinking of the game having is the PCs being a bunch of disparate newbie stalkers who make an agreement to help each other reach the Wish Granter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

chitoryu12 posted:

You've pretty much sold me on getting it.

I've been saying that feature wise it's one of the best mods in the STALKER mod community for years. People get turned off because of it being CS, even though it revamps the game into something hugely fun and completely workable. The amount of stuff it adds is crazy. It's basically what Clear Sky should have been.

As a note though the place to download it at the moment is https://mega.co.nz/#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w. if you want the bleeding edge version.

That's version 3.8. The mod maker never put it on the OP of his thread. Probably because he quit prior to the source code of CS being released due to a missing variable he needed not being accessible. It fixes a ton of bugs (And probably has a few itself) while adding even more new content like unique AI for Stalker squad members and soldiers. I haven't encountered any show stoppers yet though.

As a side note, now that it's released he's back but no one knows if he'll stick around. I'd encourage him to keep going since the mod does some pretty crazy stuff.

Edit: Just had my first Stalker AI moment. I started looting corpses after a fight. A defiance member got pissed at me and told me to give it back. I figured they couldn't pop me before I got away. I was right. Problem was the sniper sitting on the hill out of sight was fully capable of the job. Given the way he headshotted my character he must have had a bead on me from the moment the conversation started.

I probably should have read the instructions on how the new AI worked first. :gonk:

A snippet from the new types of Stalkers and associated AI changes posted:

Sniper
- When he does not move his accuracy increases 6x.
- He shoots only in single fire mode.
- Uses only sniper rifles or a hunting rifle with optical sight.
- Wears only 1st class armors (The weakest available for his faction).
- Tries to keep distance from the target.
- If the target is close he's using a pistol.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 6, 2014