Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

ikks posted:

:siren:Session 51 part 1: Meander to Moteja:siren:
Podcast

I am extremely satisfied with your treatment of Ignatius. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Didn't realise the episode wasn't out when I posted that! Completely non-spoiler below unless you want to find a throwaway joke yourself:

Wait, did Rip take ten psychic damage from learning the terrible secret of space?

lenoon fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 1, 2014

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
:siren:51 part 2: The Dark Elements:siren:
Podcast

The party, aided by the sagacious elf Marek Kane, begins their climb up the Colossus... and along the way, discover the true nature of the pilgrimage's challenge as they face shades and reflections of what could have been.

:siren:51 part 3: Call to the Colossus:siren:
Podcast

Spoilers for part 2
With the more disgusting members of the Dark Elements finally defeated (and the traitorous Mercury dealt with at long, long last), the Elements arrive at the Seat and awaken the Colossus-- and as the floating island of Regulus sinks gently into the Colossus' outstretched palms, the team knows they have done well.

51 Compiled: Colossus (with 45 bonus minutes of tabletalk)
Podcast

This Saturday will feature the first half of an exciting new side-session. The second half will go up Monday.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I appreciated the parachutes joke.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I've not listened to 51-3 yet, but I'm really surprised no one made a "Why we walking like this?" joke in 51-2.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

D_W posted:

I've not listened to 51-3 yet, but I'm really surprised no one made a "Why we walking like this?" joke in 51-2.

As probably (hopefully) the only person in the group who watched the Clerks animated series multiple times over, I apologize for failing you in this matter.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I am so incredibly pleased with the guest monsters. Much better than last time, where I completely forgot to factor in what might happen if someone became Confused mid-turn. Shame nobody got turned to gold, but such is the pain of monsters, and I think everything else got to show off most of its "iconic" abilities.

Here's their full art, behind a link for those who don't want spoilers.

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do
I don't really like The Golden Guitar. I think some of the other designs are neat ideas and show a pretty good understanding of the characters they're based on, but then Bella's is a sexified object with the lowest health in the group and offensive abilities that rely on slowly building up ongoing thunder damage. Maybe I just don't really understand where you were coming from, but it just felt like it missed the mark on what an opposite, Evil Bella might be like.

Sorry if that sounds overly critical! I just couldn't see very much of Bella in the design, whereas I think you had pretty cool ideas with evil Mint and Scarlett, for instance, and we had fun fighting the party regardless.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
No that's totally fair and I rather regret the design. She's definitely the least good idea of the bunch; I wasn't really sure where to go with it so it wound up being almost entirely a reference to the White Violin from Umbrella Academy and removed from that context stone of the bits aren't... good, or I'm not even sure if I'd still call them good in context; it's been like five years since I read it. A better evil counterpart would've just been basically Bocca now that I think about it.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Evil Rip's design is my favorite. It simultaneously looks nothing like him and perfectly resembles his personality.
Evil Mint looks like a cross between The Fury and Hierophant Green. :allears:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I like Evil Dragon Pope Scarlett.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

PublicOpinion posted:

No that's totally fair and I rather regret the design. She's definitely the least good idea of the bunch; I wasn't really sure where to go with it so it wound up being almost entirely a reference to the White Violin from Umbrella Academy and removed from that context stone of the bits aren't... good, or I'm not even sure if I'd still call them good in context; it's been like five years since I read it. A better evil counterpart would've just been basically Bocca now that I think about it.
I would have tried to think up how a version of Bella who's curse completely consumed her and made her super twisted would have turned out maybe? That could have been a neat concept too.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

MelvinBison posted:

Evil Rip's design is my favorite. It simultaneously looks nothing like him and perfectly resembles his personality.
Evil Mint looks like a cross between The Fury and Hierophant Green. :allears:

Hell, it's even doing a JoJo pose.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

dismas posted:

I like Evil Dragon Pope Scarlett.

Evil Scarlett is a fantastic design and I regret completely obliterating her before she got a chance to do the big thing!

Then again maybe that's a very Scarlett thing to do.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I would have tried to think up how a version of Bella who's curse completely consumed her and made her super twisted would have turned out maybe? That could have been a neat concept too.

I mean... That might have just been The Sound body come to think...

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

General Ironicus posted:

Not only have we been working hard at our two ongoing campaigns, but we've been recording guest games as special episodes too! Our second one already has fanart, despite not even being finished. Here's a sneak peek!

Finally!

Inverse World Session 1: Life on the High Skies
Podcast

Mikan and Gnome, writers of Inverse World, join Ironicus, Ambisagrus, AWoodenPalisade, Medibot, and PoorWeather on a high-flying adventure. From flaming islands to massive insects, and a mysterious passenger who is not as they seem, one can only hope the Unheeding III and her crew are at least destroyed in the most exciting way possible.

Inverse World Chat: Non-Standard Fantasy
Podcast

Mikan (TableHop) and Gnome (Jacob Randolph), writers of the Inverse World expansion for Dungeon World/Apocalypse World, join Ironicus, Medibot, and AWoodenPalisade to discuss how Inverse World and other games break free of standard fantasy mainstays.

Session 2 and tabletalk to come on Monday... unless you back us on Patreon, in which case go to the Creations page for the full session.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ikks posted:

Finally!

Inverse World Session 1: Life on the High Skies
Podcast

Mikan and Gnome, writers of Inverse World, join Ironicus, Ambisagrus, AWoodenPalisade, Medibot, and PoorWeather on a high-flying adventure. From flaming islands to massive insects, and a mysterious passenger who is not as they seem, one can only hope the Unheeding III and her crew are at least destroyed in the most exciting way possible.

Inverse World Chat: Non-Standard Fantasy
Podcast

Mikan (TableHop) and Gnome (Jacob Randolph), writers of the Inverse World expansion for Dungeon World/Apocalypse World, join Ironicus, Medibot, and AWoodenPalisade to discuss how Inverse World and other games break free of standard fantasy mainstays.

Session 2 and tabletalk to come on Monday... unless you back us on Patreon, in which case go to the Creations page for the full session.

It's one hell of a session when a blowfish airship captain is the most down to earth character concept. Out off all your side sessions this is the one I would love too see more of, this includes Claude as much as I love those characters.

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do

Rumda posted:

It's one hell of a session when a blowfish airship captain is the most down to earth character concept. Out off all your side sessions this is the one I would love too see more of, this includes Claude as much as I love those characters.

You have no idea how down I'd be to revisit this. I had a lot of fun with Inverse World!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

A Wooden Palisade posted:

You have no idea how down I'd be to revisit this. I had a lot of fun with Inverse World!

I would be delighted to GM for you guys again sometime.

Although I don't think Mikan and I are allowed in a recording together again. I can barely tell our voices apart and one of them is mine!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Finale! Tabletalk! Wow!

Inverse World Session 2: Audax et Fidelis
Podcast

Gnome once again joins Ironicus, AWoodenPalisade, PoorWeather, Medibot, and Ambisagrus in the Inverse World. As they struggle to deal with the backstabbing "prince" they've accidentally kidnapped, Captain Humphrey's crew must deal with a new threat-- or an old friend-- descending from the sky on jet-black wings.

hopHeadless
Aug 24, 2014
I can't wait to see how Margaret handles her latent magical abilities. Will her talents ever stop emerging?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Got a whole truckload of videos backing up here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkxEVpR1p1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJMQbyq1Lk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-IdPLVVG8

Now you can see the pog versions of the lineup PublicOpinion made. Thanks again!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

:siren:Session 52-1: A Legendary Threat:siren:
Podcast - Video

The formerly-minute town of Moteja has quadrupled in size due to the sudden influx of refugees of several nearby towns who bring terrible tidings-- the Tarrasque, a terrifying beast not seen in ages, has returned. The Elements rush to Foothold, the next town in the beast's path, to stop it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Oh no a giant elephant!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

you know, thread, I don't know anything about fighting games. Who the hell can tell me how on earth the Rogue Elements fighter will play? all I know is that the timer is replaced by an escalation die ticking up, and once it reaches 6 everyone's damage multipliers go hog wild.

as someone who does not play fighting games, I wonder how the essence of a turn-based rpg could be injected into one. standard actions, quick actions, dailies, turns... all I know is that Nav should have that one Dio road-roller move.

available DLC:
LPD&D3.5: $19.99
Inverse World: $14.99
Breakfast Cult: $14.99
LPD&D4e: $249.99

Borrillz
Aug 2, 2013
Looks like Dobson ran all the way to the Empire after the infamous death cave

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ikks posted:

This is all Joey's fault. :mad:

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

ikks posted:

you know, thread, I don't know anything about fighting games. Who the hell can tell me how on earth the Rogue Elements fighter will play? all I know is that the timer is replaced by an escalation die ticking up, and once it reaches 6 everyone's damage multipliers go hog wild.

That escalation die mechanic would be a legitimately interesting mechanic to any sort of fighting or local multiplayer game.

As for who would play like what. hrmmm. Thematically it'd probably be pretty easy to determine, but mechanically I'm not so sure. The obvious one would be Margret, she's be like any fighting game boss firing a ton of unblockable and unpredictable projectiles constantly. OR maybe like Morrigan from Marvel 3 which is basically the same thing but she has relatively low health. Either way it would be touch-of-death ranged combos.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

I finally caught up with every single episode and I'm so happy that I did. These have been such a joy to listen to at work, even if people must think I'm a loon for smiling all the drat time and holding in my laughs and gasps. This has been such a fun thing to witness and makes me wish I had time to find and participate with a group to play 13th Age, as well! For now I'll just live vicariously.

It was also amusing to hear at the beginning of session 52 "if you listened to one episode a day" beginning talk, because, well.

McBearson
Apr 29, 2013

Exclusive leak of the 13a fighting game;

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
For some reason that pic really makes me want a Diablo/Gauntlet-esque action rpg where you play as lp13age characters. With unlockable characters like Gilder Goldenbrass and Debentiel. Someone get on this!

Edit: Gilder Goldenbrass would be even more annoying than Questor! :haw:

Honorific! fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 10, 2014

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

:siren:Session 52 part 2: Establishing in Foothold:siren:
Podcast

Foothold, an Imperial township legendary for its orderly conduct and layout, is hurriedly evacuated by the team. Help arrives in the form of old friend Battle Bob and loving (though absent) mother Strawberry Gelato.

NejD
Oct 3, 2013

ikks posted:

as someone who does not play fighting games, I wonder how the essence of a turn-based rpg could be injected into one. standard actions, quick actions, dailies, turns... all I know is that Nav should have that one Dio road-roller move.

If i were designing it what i would do is have it as a 2d fighter somewhat based on injustice(health bars especially would work the same) with the escalation die increasing when someone gets a combo of a certain size/damage or when a players health bar is depleted or if neither of these cases happen within a certain time limit then it increases automatically at set periods of time roughly every 30 seconds, the effect would probably start off with adding chip damage at 1 increasing damage at 2, at 3 adding more daily spells/abilities at 4 increasing the speed of characters 5 removing blocking and if you get to 6 then both characters health bars are reduced to a sliver and first hit wins.
As far as things that are considered quick actions they would probably just be much quicker than standard moves maybe with a short cooldown so that people dont just spam quick actions the biggest issue i see is trying to keep the difference between at will and daily moves but i guess the simple way is to give characters more dependent on them(ie scarlett) to have it as a resource you spend and then recovers over time. you could even add things like initiative rolls every 6 seconds that effect how much priority people get or just have it as a slight modifier on the speed of the player as well as using more appropriate numbers for miss damage based on the ability used.
At least that's the general gist of how i would design a rogue elements fighting game and i would also have options to remove some of the features such as escalation die and initiative and most importantly it would have to include "Da parfy" and evil counterpart alternate skins as standard.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I have a question about Inverse World. Can you just make up your race or are their archetypes or do you choose from a list or what?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

I hope people like Strawberry because I enjoy playing her. I try to keep her even three-way blend of her concepts: Mint's mom, a guiltless absentee parent, and Ms. Frizzle.

ThatPazuzu posted:

I have a question about Inverse World. Can you just make up your race or are their archetypes or do you choose from a list or what?

Inverse World doesn't use race the way most fantasy settings do. Instead, all the people of Invells are born under a certain blessing. Captain Humphrey was Rain-Blessed/merfolk, which is why he has fish features. Kid has wings because she's Cloud-Blessed/an Angel. Race moves in the playbooks are replaced with Aspects, because whether you're (for instance) an Imperial, Merchant, or Pirate captain is more important than the circumstances of their birth. You're encouraged to replace that choice with a racial move from any DW material if you prefer. The FAE version adds a fourth Fire-Blessed option to round out the classical elements.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

ThatPazuzu posted:

Newer 3rd party Dungeon World rules like Inverse World remove race as a part of your character. Where the base Dungeon World rules used to have race as an option that gives you a special effect, Inverse World offers backgrounds for these special effects. Race doesn't dictate anything mechanically, though it may matter for the fiction.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Okay, there were just two amorphous blobs in your group so I thought maybe there was an amorphous blob character race or something.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

J.O.N.E.S. uses the Rainlord playbook, a being made from pools of rain from the trapped god Sola. Palette is a Golem that uses the Liquid option for composition. So there's two, but they're sort of special cases. The Golem can also be made of Solid, Putty, or Danger. Lots of people pick Danger.

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 12, 2014

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

ikks posted:

available DLC:
LPD&D3.5: $19.99
Inverse World: $14.99
Breakfast Cult: $14.99

There's always "Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game" from White Wolf.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter:_The_Storytelling_Game
It has it's share of problems, but I had fun playing it with my brother and some of our friends back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

McBearson posted:

Exclusive leak of the 13a fighting game;

You're my new best friend. Godspeed.

Edit: If it's alright, mind posting the QR code?

• Locked thread