Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Sorry for the lack of update despite your all being so active in the thread! I've been busy at work but will resolve the last actions in about 40 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Kerro posted:

Sorry for the lack of update despite your all being so active in the thread! I've been busy at work but will resolve the last actions in about 40 minutes.

No worries!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Would you guys hate me forever if I admitted that after I already made my play 1/end turn submission, I realized I had one in my hand from the starter?

A little bit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If it helps at all, if I was the traitor, I would've just stayed quiet about it, and trusted my medicine's source to clear me of suspicion.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Andrew equips a card:

Hammer: (Tool, Grocery Store) Equip: Once per round, when performing a barricade action, you may build 2 barricades instead of 1 at this survivor's location.

And then uses it to build two budget-barricades

Gravy Train Robber plays a card:

2 Outsiders: (Outsiders, Police Station) Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.

John Price joins GTR's following. One helpless survivor is added to the colony (+1 from when Sophie joined which I forgot about)

John Price: Student, 18 3 3; Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with.

GTR plays a food card, 1 food added to the supply

GTR plays 2 food cards into the main objective

Update coming.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Guess who is probably going to the Hospital to hang with everyone!

Or another location with others that will make better use of his ability

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Morale: 6
Rounds: 5
Food: 5
Crisis cards: 4
Waste: 4

Players

Gravy Train Robber

Carla Thompson: Police Dispatcher, 22 4 2; Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Frostbitex1
Andrew Evans: Farmer, 12 3 3; Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Equipped: Hammer: (Tool, Grocery Store) Equip: Once per round, when performing a barricade action, you may build 2 barricades instead of 1 at this survivor's location.
John Price: Student, 18 3 3; Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with.
Cards: 4
Dice: 3 2 4

Max Peck

Brian Lee: Mayor, 68 3 4; Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades: (Book, School) Equip: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Arthur Thurston: Principal, 62 4 2; School: Once per round when performing a search at the school you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Olivia Brown: Doctor, 56 4 3; Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself.
Cards: 2
Dice: 6 2 1

Poison Mushroom

Daniel Smith: Sheriff, 66 2 5; Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Brandon Kane: Janitor, 26 2 4; Colony: Once per round you may remove 5 cards instead of 3 from the waste pile when taking the clean waste action.
Dice: 2 4 4

Locus

Gabriel Diaz: Fireman, 60 2 3; Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck Frostbitex1
Harman Brooks: Park Ranger, 32 3 3; Anywhere: If Harman would receive a frostbite wound, he received a wound instead. Woundedx1
Sophie Robinson: Pilot, 58 4 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Dice: 6 2 3

tarbrush

David Garcia: Accountant, 50 4 3; Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card.
Equipped: Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle: (Weapon, Police Station) Equip: Once per round you may kill 1 zombie at any location. Do not roll for exposure. This is not an attack. It does not cost you an action die.
Talia Jones: Fortune Teller, 28 3 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: (Weapon, Police Station) Equip: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 6 6 6

Action queue: End of round

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

End of round!

The colony eats! 4 food removed.
Waste is checked - everything is pretty tidy (4)
Crisis is resolved. The following cards are revealed:

Medicine: (Medicine, Starter) Waste Pile: Remove any type of wound token from a survivor you control or remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with a survivor you control.
Medicine: (Medicine, Starter) Waste Pile: Remove any type of wound token from a survivor you control or remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with a survivor you control.
Food 1: (Food, Starter) Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply

A terrible failure! Someone has tried to feed a survivor soup instead of medicine! All survivors receive 1 wound. Morale is decreased by 1

Zombies are added at entrances 1-4
Zombies are added to locations:
Police Station: 2
Grocery Store: 2 barricades destroyed, noise has no effect.
School: 1, +1 from noise
Library: 0
Hospital: 3 +1 from noise
Gas Station: 1, noise has no effect

Round decreases. First player passes to Gravy Train Robber

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

quote:

Sickness spreads like wildfire through the colony. Between the crowded conditions, poor nutrition and terrible sleep it's not surprising that even the hardiest amongst you are struck down. Those able to help do what they can, administering medicine and tending to those suffering the most but it's not enough and on the third day, one of your number passes. You find Carla one morning, the usual colour in her face drained to a ashen grey, her skin cold and dry to the touch.

The service is short and quiet. Few have the strength to attend, and fewer still want to be reminded of what may well await them in the future. Carla will be missed, but for now you have no choice but to face another day and hope that you can survive til one more nightfall..

At the start of GTR's turn, Carla takes a wound from frostbite which in conjunction with a wound from the crisis is enough to kill her.

Morale: 4
Rounds: 4
Food: 1
Crisis cards: 0
Waste: 4

Players

Gravy Train Robber

Andrew Evans: Farmer, 12 3 3; Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Wounded x1
Equipped: Hammer: (Tool, Grocery Store) Equip: Once per round, when performing a barricade action, you may build 2 barricades instead of 1 at this survivor's location.
John Price: Student, 18 3 3; Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Wounded x1
Dice: 4 1 6 5

Max Peck

Brian Lee: Mayor, 68 3 4; Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1. Wounded x1
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades: (Book, School) Equip: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Arthur Thurston: Principal, 62 4 2; School: Once per round when performing a search at the school you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Wounded x1
Olivia Brown: Doctor, 56 4 3; Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself. Wounded x1
Dice: 1 6 2 1

Poison Mushroom

Daniel Smith: Sheriff, 66 2 5; Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Wounded x1
Brandon Kane: Janitor, 26 2 4; Colony: Once per round you may remove 5 cards instead of 3 from the waste pile when taking the clean waste action. Wounded x1
Dice: 1 3 4

Locus

Gabriel Diaz: Fireman, 60 2 3; Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck Frostbitex1, Wounded x1
Harman Brooks: Park Ranger, 32 3 3; Anywhere: If Harman would receive a frostbite wound, he received a wound instead. Woundedx2
Sophie Robinson: Pilot, 58 4 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck. Wounded x1
Dice: 2 2 4 6

tarbrush

David Garcia: Accountant, 50 4 3; Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card. Wounded x1
Equipped: Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle: (Weapon, Police Station) Equip: Once per round you may kill 1 zombie at any location. Do not roll for exposure. This is not an attack. It does not cost you an action die.
Talia Jones: Fortune Teller, 28 3 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more. Wounded x1
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: (Weapon, Police Station) Equip: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 2 1 6

Action queue: GTR's turn

Kerro fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 8, 2014

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
To be clear, the "Morale: 5" is from the start of the round, but Carla's death drops it to 4, right?

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Gabriel will also die at the start of my round, unless I can get healed... I forget, does losing your leader have any big effects, or does the next best step up? :(

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

quote:

Although the worst of the sickness has passed, none among you has the strength to go on much further. You're having to travel in larger groups just to be able to share the workload a little more, as each of you feels a deep-seated weakness, a fragility in your bones and aching muscles. With every scouting mission, every attempt to reinforce the barricades to keep the dead at bay you find yourself longing more and more for a time when you can finally rest.

The nights offer little comfort - the howling winds and groans of your tormentors keep you awake, or if not then the memories of those lost and those for whom you fear are enough to do the same. Something must be done. There must be a way to keep the group focused, to raise morale.. but what?

New Crisis: Exhaustion

Pass: 5 medicine, 7 for + 1 morale

Fail: Place 1 frostbite wound on 5 survivors with the highest influence.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Correct about the morale. Your leader does not matter apart from determining turn order at the start of the game.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Kerro posted:

New Crisis: Exhaustion

Pass: 5 medicine, 7 for + 1 morale

Fail: Place 1 frostbite wound on 5 survivors with the highest influence.

Sigh, that's what I thought. I am slightly vexed at this point.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

A little light in the darkness happens at the start of GTR's turn.

quote:

Crossroads Card: Lighthouse

"Remember how that fire drew in all those zombies last week. Well the other day I was looking out at the lighthouse and had an idea. What if we fired that thing up to lure away the dead? It hasn't seen full use in decades, but they'd light it up very now and then for special occasions so I don't think it can be in that bad of shape.

Only Option

You may move 1 action die from your unused action die pool to your used action die pool to remove 1 zombie from every location. If you do not, nothing happens.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
You know, I could have sworn the limit was 3 but I've forgotten most of the rules. Whoops! So much for my plans. Also you guys all got a traitor, should probably do something about that.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

It is. Carla got a frostbite from moving to the police station, a wound from the failed crisis, and another frostbite from the start of your turn.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

To confirm: if zombies would be added to a non-colony location, but all of its spaces are full already and there are no survivors there at all, nothing happens, right?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Max Peck posted:

It is. Carla got a frostbite from moving to the police station, a wound from the failed crisis, and another frostbite from the start of your turn.

Yeah, I completely spaced on the injury rules since the last time I played I had the Doctor and immediately healed injuries as they came up.

Move Jon Price to Police Station
Copy The Accountant Dude's Power
Jon Searches (4)
Andrew Builds 2 Barricades (1)
Andrew Searches (5)
Play 3 "1 Food" cards into Supply

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Oh, and Remove my last Die

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, the only thing we know for certain right now is that the traitor isn't GTR.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Locus didn't play into the crisis either, they're both clear.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Let's vote to exile Poison Mushroom.

Also, revising from hate a little to hate a lot after losing my character. We'll just ignore the whole thing about me being ignorant of frostbite and not thinking things through.

I'm partially joking but the traitor played their hand on T1, and its one of 3 people. I don't necessarily think it was Poison Mushroom, but we should take a closer look at everyone's action last turn. I'll think about calling a vote on my turn.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That's insane. "I don't think it was necessarily PM who was the traitor, but let's vote to exile her anyways". Just call a spade a loving spade, man.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Poison Mushroom posted:

That's insane. "I don't think it was necessarily PM who was the traitor, but let's vote to exile her anyways". Just call a spade a loving spade, man.

Sorry, I was intending the first two parts to be meant jokingly, hence the whole "let's ignore all my mistakes".

I am looking over the last turn just to see if anything stands out. But we do have an opportunity here to potentially help our team. I honestly don't know who, I was just referencing your statement about the medicine. And no, i don't think you would have told us if you were the traitor. So that narrows it down a bit further.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, it's either Max Headroom or Tarbrush. Max did play in 2, but Max also played a lot of food immediately before. Is it likely, or even possible, that he had THAT much food, that he could play a bunch for feeding people, and still have one to throw at the crisis?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

It's funny you ask that.

Hey GTR, request a food?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

DoW edit: actually, it says you can request "1 or more item cards". Request 2 food, please.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
If we knew how many Food cards were in the Starter I am pretty sure I can tell you who the traitor is.

and sure, lets Request Food

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

There are 10 starter food cards, Kerro said. (And 5 of the other starter types.)

Give GTR:
Food 1: (Food, Starter) Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply
Food 1: (Food, School) Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply

You might keep the School food since it can go towards the objective. Might as well play the Starter food.

You all will note that my hand is now empty.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Everything has to get played when its requested. Cheers!

I'm going to double check things real quick.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Nah, that's one of the changes Kerro is trying.

Kerro posted:

3. When players request cards from one another, the player receiving the card may add it to his/her hand rather than play it. If they do so, the card must be revealed to all players. This is in contrast to the base rules where cards that are given must be played immediately.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hang on.

Max, you played two cards in, correct? This would mean that you had exactly two starter medicine, and didn't draw any between then and now. Is that why you moved to the School, because you were sure you could already pull your weight on the check?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Medicine can be found at the School, technically, and I would've liked to find more than those two. I moved Arthur there because he gets a double-search there.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Whoops. Sorry Kerro, I'll go over the changes again. I forgot some of them in the gap between signing up and it starting. In that case, Hold Food cards.

After concluding my investigation, I can confidently say that Tarbrush is the Traitor, and furthermore I believe him to be a Serial Killer.

Initiate Vote on Tarbrush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like this game wasn't built with secrecy rules in mind.

Anyways, we've heard Max's case (though I don't think we yet have it on anything but his word that his starting hand had 2 medicine and not a medicine and another food). I'm liking how I feel about Max right now, but I can't exactly rule him out.

Gravy Train Robber posted:

After concluding my investigation, I can confidently say that Tarbrush is the Traitor, and furthermore I believe him to be a Serial Killer.

Initiate Vote on Tarbrush
Can you explain this? Or is it a secrecy rules thing?

Tarbrush, your counterargument?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Its me trying to cover my bases as far as secrecy goes, but I can account for 9/10 of the starter cards. Additionally, his actions are consistent with one of the traitor agendas. He has armed his characters, attempted to spike the check to cause wounds for his victory condition, and I find it pretty bad that while he was truthful about the upcoming crises, he opted to allow 2 Medicine checks in a row while wasting our resources on the first check. The damage conditions on both of those checks are crippling and would lead to an easy victory for him.

He is the next player after me, and therefore there is no time to allow for the possibility of his innocence because he will take steps to ensure we die.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Whoops he isn't the next player. drat I keep loving up with the weird turn order thing. For some reason I thought it went backwards. Nope, we have time!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Aw, I won't get to use the "I'll end the game before you can achieve your objective if you don't help us pass this crisis" ultimatum.

I disagree with the argument about acquiring weapons, because we all need to do that for the main objective.

I also disagree with the statement that tarbrush is next, because I'm next :)

That said, I'm also pretty unhappy about the two medicine crises in a row thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gravy Train Robber posted:

and I find it pretty bad that while he was truthful about the upcoming crises, he opted to allow 2 Medicine checks in a row while wasting our resources on the first check
...that is actually a very, very good point.

Vote to exile Tarbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Only one of our characters needs a weapon. Having weapons on both is wasteful and inefficient except if you gain VPs by having weapons on each of your characters

• Locked thread