Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Freak Futanari posted:

Deadly Premonition is insanely good, and everyone should play it. It is also a very good halloween game.

I've started playing it and it's weird but charming in its own way so far.

I'm only somewhere in the first chapter though (about to enter the morgue or something) is there a specific point where it "clicks" and keeps you hooked all the way to the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kin posted:

I'm only somewhere in the first chapter though (about to enter the morgue or something) is there a specific point where it "clicks" and keeps you hooked all the way to the end?

Oh yeah. There are several "clicks" if you keep playing where you go "Ug, these tank controls are bs gently caress this ga-WHAT THE gently caress?"

Check a FAQ though to get the infinite ammo weapons. They're really easy to get and make the combat much, much more manageable.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

pentyne posted:

Oh yeah. There are several "clicks" if you keep playing where you go "Ug, these tank controls are bs gently caress this ga-WHAT THE gently caress?"

Check a FAQ though to get the infinite ammo weapons. They're really easy to get and make the combat much, much more manageable.

Well, to be totally honest, i'm using a trainer to make me invincible and give me infinite ammo/cash/etc. I read that the gameplay was a bit naff so i figured i might as well cheat and just enjoy the crazy story ride.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Pretty good goon Twitch stream for Borderlands Presequel:

http://www.twitch.tv/codespace

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Kin posted:

Well, to be totally honest, i'm using a trainer to make me invincible and give me infinite ammo/cash/etc. I read that the gameplay was a bit naff so i figured i might as well cheat and just enjoy the crazy story ride.

I really can't argue with this. The combat sections were basically forced in by a publisher, and it shows. Whatever parallel universe has a version of Deadly Premonition where they just focused on Twin Peaks mystery solving is the one to live in.

Also, yes, Revengeance is on sale, and if you don't buy it, you're stupid and make bad life decisions, because that game is amazing.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Been playing Sproggiwood as well, and really digging it. My one request; please let me key config, my space key is buggy as balls half the time and I'd like to be able to just tap 5 on my numpad to wait/use ZXCVB for my attacks.

This being said the current system would work fine for me without my own hardware issues, and I've been really enjoying the game otherwise!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Crappy Jack posted:

I really can't argue with this. The combat sections were basically forced in by a publisher, and it shows. Whatever parallel universe has a version of Deadly Premonition where they just focused on Twin Peaks mystery solving is the one to live in.

Also, yes, Revengeance is on sale, and if you don't buy it, you're stupid and make bad life decisions, because that game is amazing.
I keep hoping that its success causes Platinum to look into porting other games to the PC, but that may be wishful thinking. Imagine Bayonetta but looking even better than the 360 version...

edit: speaking of small Japanese devs and Steam, any idea how well Ikaruga did? I don't care so much about that game but I would love to see Bangai-O and a few other Treasure games on Steam.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 25, 2014

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

For audiophiles, Titanfall is free for 48 hours.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quest For Glory II posted:

Good news idiots, your stupid loving mistake of not buying MGR Revengence will be briefly overlooked because its 50% off today.

Buy this game
E: Straight up guys Titanfall is actually a lot of fun and already better than the new modern warfare will try to be

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Torokasi posted:

Been playing Sproggiwood as well, and really digging it. My one request; please let me key config, my space key is buggy as balls half the time and I'd like to be able to just tap 5 on my numpad to wait/use ZXCVB for my attacks.

This being said the current system would work fine for me without my own hardware issues, and I've been really enjoying the game otherwise!

Full keybinding and native controller support are on the top of our to do list. Glad you're having fun!

E is also bound to wait, fyi.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

For audiophiles, Titanfall is free for 48 hours.

from the website:

quote:

Join your friends and play 48 hours of Titanfall for free. Add it to your collection and start your Game Time whenever you're ready!
That's actually a pretty cool way to do free days

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I didn't even realize Bandai Namco had a storefront and apparently IsThereAnyDeal doesn't know it either, but they currently have the Dark Souls 2 DLC Season Pass on sale for $16. Lowest price it's been so far.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is there no way to have Sproggiwood run in windowed mode?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Justin_Brett posted:

Is there no way to have Sproggiwood run in windowed mode?

Alt+enter works. I had a ui element but I was having consistency problems cross platform right before release.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I didn't even realize Bandai Namco had a storefront and apparently IsThereAnyDeal doesn't know it either, but they currently have the Dark Souls 2 DLC Season Pass on sale for $16. Lowest price it's been so far.

And Dark Souls II Steam keys are $19.47 right now on the Bandai Namco store.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

Are these combat sections all the "silent hilly, tentacle world" sections?

The one in the hospital just seemed came out of nowhere and ended abruptly without adding anything to the story.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kin posted:

They are all tentacle and limbo zombie-themed. Sometimes the QTE killer makes an appearance.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I bought Deadly Premonition, but I am sure the controls are going to drive me nuts. But hey, what better thing am I going to do with three bucks?

(the story of my life on Steam)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kin posted:

Oh and if you care about the story, don't read any of the collector cards you can pick up, some of them can contain spoilers. :cripes:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kin posted:

The one in the hospital just seemed came out of nowhere and ended abruptly without adding anything to the story.

Yes. They're loving garbage.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Good thing the story gets worse the more you progress into the game. :v: Seriously, I saw the entire LP and the only interesting thing about it is the main character's antics. :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Azran posted:

Good thing the story gets worse the more you progress into the game. :v: Seriously, I saw the entire LP and the only interesting thing about it is the main character's antics. :allears:

Don't troll in the Steam thread.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Freak Futanari posted:

Don't troll in the Steam thread.
Yeah, making up bad stuff about great games just isn't cool man.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Friends don't let friends play Deadly Premonition.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Sam Fisher sneaks so hard not even the laws of physics can detect him.

Climbing up the same pole after I reloaded, Sam just kept climbing when the pole ran out. He's in space now.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I dunno. Maybe it's because I never watched Twin Peaks.

Authorman posted:

Friends don't let friends play Deadly Premonition.

Yeah, they just link an LP of it.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Azran posted:

The game is quirky alright, but I felt like the story was pretty great up until the very end of the game when it just explodes into a gaudy streams of otherworldly 100% weird.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Azran posted:

I dunno. Maybe it's because I never watched Twin Peaks.

You really are hellbent on making yourself look bad on the internet, aren't you...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
So many people in the Steam thread that have not watched Twin Peaks...

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.

Unormal posted:

Full keybinding and native controller support are on the top of our to do list. Glad you're having fun!

E is also bound to wait, fyi.

Oh, hell yes. That solves everything right there. Thanks!

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Shame on people for not watching a lovely overhyped show that has a cult following.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Freak Futanari posted:

Diablo 4 is out already?

I don't know if you meant this to be hilarious but it is.

Swery himself was furious about how poorly MS handled the promotion of D4 after they had paid for it to be exclusive. It sold gently caress all because people knew nothing about it and people who knew about it didn't even realise it had been released when it came out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Accordion Man posted:

Well, if you're under 30 or so, why would you have watched it?

Anyway DP crashed some ten minutes after the game started.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 25, 2014

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Accordion Man posted:

I'd like to watch Twin Peaks. Does that count for something?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

Shame on people for not watching a lovely overhyped show that has a cult following.

Isn't it popular enough to be getting a new season?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Freak Futanari posted:

You really are hellbent on making yourself look bad on the internet, aren't you...

I can do him one better: I watched some and now I wouldn't touch anything David Lynch has worked on with a fifty-foot pole.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

You don't have to watch all of Twin Peaks, only the first season and the start of the second, when the killer in found. All that's left after that are stupid sideqests and random NPC stories of no particular interest.
I tried re-watching it a while ago and couldn't endure a single episode, knowing that most of the events and characters are filler with one line actually relevant to the case. But no, you loving have to watch those sappy love dramas and noisy curtains.

DP is better at being "Twin Peaks as people remember it", than Twin Peaks.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

I can do him one better: I watched some and now I wouldn't touch anything David Lynch has worked on with a fifty-foot pole.

Go watch mulholland drive, it's great.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Hows The Forest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

If you haven't watched Twin Peaks then stop doing what you're doing and go to Netflix to watch it. If you don't like it you're entitled to your wrong opinions but don't make us suffer them.

• Locked thread