Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Robert Denby posted:

"Fast Five" was basically Soderbergh's "Ocean's Eleven" with cars, "Fast Six" (or was it "Furious 6"?) was a straight-up globe-hopping action adventure more in the mold of modern Bond. I don't know about the rest of the franchise but those two are pretty fun.

The naming of Fast and Furious movies is weird.

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast and Furious 6
Furious 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Waffleman_ posted:

Fast and Furious 6

Which is (was?) also known as Furious 6

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Waffleman_ posted:

The naming of Fast and Furious movies is weird.

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast and Furious 6
Furious 7

I hope when the series is inevitably rebooted they go with yet another variation like 'Fast/Furious'

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Slate Action posted:

I hope when the series is inevitably rebooted they go with yet another variation like 'Fast/Furious'

no the reboot series will be

The Furious and the Fast
2 Furious 2 Fast
The Furious and the Fast: Tokyo Drift
Furious and Fast
Furious Five
Furious and Fast 6
Fast 7

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Slate Action posted:

They should go for what the Final Destination 6 concept trailer went for and set it in ye olden days.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shelf Adventure posted:

They should go for what the Final Destination 6 concept trailer went for and set it in ye olden days.

Fast and Furious Horseless Carriages?

Or

"Fast and Furious" - about two horses, Fast and his brother Furious.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Shelf Adventure posted:

Is 1955 ye olden enough

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
No it's set in biblical times. One guy doesn't eat a whole lot, and the other guy is just pissed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

actually, it's the best movie of the year no contest.

also, I like the poster.

Kind of reminds me of the Empire Strikes Back poster that was simply Vader's helmet.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Kind of reminds me of the Empire Strikes Back poster that was simply Vader's helmet.

Here it is, for reference.

Pretty neat.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

zenintrude posted:

Which is (was?) also known as Furious 6

All the marketing, posters, trailers, dvd cover, etc. say "Fast & Furious 6." The title card in the movie itself just says "Furious 6."

E: Also the original Fast & Furious doesn't have anything to do with the new movies at all, other than them buying the rights to the name. It was however remade in the 90's with Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson, and they called it The Chase.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MrBling posted:

Are the Fast & Furious movies even about TheQ cars anymore?

The cars in the recent movies function similarly to Stark's armours in Iron Man movies.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

I complain a lot about actors with likeness approval having their publicist scrutinize a photo so much they turn into a photoshopped mess.

However it works the other way too when somebody just doesn't give a drat. Yikes.

Dianne has really let herself go.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

oddium posted:

Is 1955 ye olden enough

Pedal to the metal? Sure, why not...

Joe Don Baker!

Attack of the 50-Foot Flag Girl!

(Nearly added SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL, but I assume that's a probation-worthy offense...)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

No.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Don't you just hate it when that happens? You're putting the finishing touches on your latest model car and WHAM! Seizure out of nowhere.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

It looks like this guy is telling me about the time he dragged a printer to a girl's house for the chance of a hug

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muscles like this? posted:

It finally has an official title.

Please please please tell me that the plot of this one is a small town under siege by car bandits has to hire a group of masterless car samurai to defend them.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

With Arfamis, Barkos and Wagos as main characters. :negative:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I just watched the trailer for this. It's even worse than I imagined.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

I just watched the trailer for this. It's even worse than I imagined.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2615062297

Rivals Air Bud in shittiness. Also disappointed by the lack of being an animated movie about dogs who use swords and instead a lovely movie with fat Dean Cain who doesn't even merit a cast run.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how DVD releases of early movies by people who went on to become famous try to make them look like the poo poo they got famous for.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Waffleman_ posted:

I like how DVD releases of early movies by people who went on to become famous try to make them look like the poo poo they got famous for.
It also happens to actors.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Waffleman_ posted:

Another goon will probably post some other examples, but this one always comes to mind.

Also this one that isn't like that, but just hilarous for the random mention of Leo.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Has Asylum ever bothered to try and release a "Quick and Angry"?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

couldcareless posted:

Well, they will now.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

couldcareless posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheJoker138 posted:

E: Also the original Fast & Furious doesn't have anything to do with the new movies at all, other than them buying the rights to the name. It was however remade in the 90's with Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson, and they called it The Chase.

Oh god I've seen that. If I remember correctly they have sex while driving a car, I'm guessing that doesn't happen in the 1955 movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Slate Action posted:

It also happens to actors.

Here's another example

What he looks like in the film....

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Waffleman_ posted:

The classic example.

Some top-shelf bullshit.

A 60-minute infomercial for a ski resort that was later released as a movie when the two chumps they hired for peanuts later managed to become famous people.

Unfortunately, sometimes they choose to focus on the end rather than the beginning :smith:

Though I guess I give them points for trying to take the credit away from Street Fighter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rirse posted:

Another goon will probably post some other examples, but this one always comes to mind.

Also this one that isn't like that, but just hilarous for the random mention of Leo.

I don't know if Half Baked is a good example because Dave wrote it in addition to starring in it, and the film, unlike a lot of the others listed here, is somewhat well known.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Erebus posted:

The classic example.

It's been a while but isn't Aniston the main girl in that one?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Human Tornada posted:

She didn't have "The Rachel" cut in it though.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Human Tornada posted:

She is, but then Tom Hanks is one of the main characters in Mazes and Monsters too.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Erebus posted:

The classic example.

No, this is the classic example:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Jedit posted:

No, this is the classic example:

To be fair, even the early posters for BMX Bandits had her on the front, they just didn't have her name very prominent because it didn't mean anything then. This thing, on the other hand...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

How prophetic that Renee Zellweger stared in a film with Leatherface.

That much be the only poster to feature both a contemporary and future picture of an actress on it.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 29, 2014