Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The DLC haircuts are pretty good if anyone is wondering. Dudes get a wicked sick mohawk along with some dumb anime haircuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I dunno sometimes severing makes enemies flip the gently caress out. I tried severing the head on the robot spider a bunch of times and that just makes it spaz out and start doing the super fast spins all the time, but if I left it on it'd be more inclined to do the really slow start up one where it straightens its legs or even does that dumb mecha-fang attack. Taking the head off just made it jump all over the place.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Schneider Heim posted:

Does severing parts deal damage or reduce the Abductor's lifebar? I still do it even if I don't have to because it's just insanely fun.

The severing QTE does low but continuous damage. It's an easy way to kill those floating mini-Carriers.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The DLC haircuts are pretty good if anyone is wondering. Dudes get a wicked sick mohawk along with some dumb anime haircuts.

There's an awesome 'fro for the ladies. The eyes, on the other hand...

KYAAA BEYATORICHE-SENPAI :syoon:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 5, 2014

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
DOes cutting damage on guns not break parts faster? I figured it woudl so I made a good laser gatling gun for my accessory guy and it seems slower than the regular one

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
THE BIG GUIDE TO UPGRADING BEASTLY WEAPONS FOR REAL THIS TIME

Thanks to Ivalsetto digging around and finding some hardcore tables that actually outline this system, we now have a 100% complete understanding of how to make optimal weapons. It's going to look really complicated and seem amazingly esoteric, but the system is actually much more forgiving than what it initially looks like as you can "correct" most things about your weapon at any upgrade stage.

There are a number of things to account for on the surface of the weapon.
  • Rarity - Rarity determines the number of module slots on the weapon. At R8, you have the maximum of 12 slots. There is no reason not to have as many mod slots as possible. During Modification, you can only force your base weapon to Maintain/Inherit 7 of its existing mods. The other 5 slots are based on the resource material and/or randomly generated. Mods can be deleted for 5k Entitlement Points per mod at the Cell Garden in 6-F140

• Power - Your attack damage ofc. At level 1, this is the most important value to take note of as it will determine whether your weapon even has the capacity to become an optimal variant. This table, in the highlighted column, shows the maximum Power value for the highest Class of the "Late-Bloomer" Growth type. The takeaway from this is that when you craft a new R8 weapon, you want it to be either at or below that highlighted value for the respective weapon.

• Growth Type - There are four Power curves for all weapons, divided into four categories by japanese fans into "Late-Bloomer", "Irregular", "Flat", and "Early-Peaker". For short, we can refer to these as "G1", "G2", etc. G1's curve is such that at level 1, your weapon will have the lowest possible power, while at level 10 it will have the highest possible power. In all cases, you want a G1 weapon.

• Growth Class - If you're familiar with the deeper mechanics of Pokemon, this can be directly compared to the IV system. In short, upon crafting/seizing a new weapon and when remodeling level 5+ basic weapons into advanced models it is assigned a random Class, and the Class of the weapon will be reflected in its Power. It can be C1 (the highest possible) all the way down to C21 (the lowest possible). Every weapon is assigned a Class upon generation, and a C21 weapon is typically hundreds of points worse than a C1 weapon in Power. Again, in all cases, you are aiming for a C1 weapon. However, the bright side is that you can directly increase the Class of a weapon at any time! More on that slightly down. You can check the full list of power curves by Class by just selecting your weapon from the dropdown and hitting the button. They are sorted by Growth class in descending order, so G1 G2 G3 G4.

• Element - It should be noted that if you want to pump an Element into a weapon, there's no reason not to just shoot for the maximum base value for the entire Element pool, which is 100 (that is to say, you can only have 100 base points of any combination of elemental damage. 99 fire 1 ice, 25-25-25-25, etc). Most weapons typically have a few random points of Elemental damage anywhere, but do not worry as this can also be modified directly.

Now, all of this looks dumb and complicated, and it is! Your Rarity and Growth are fixed values, so you should definitely first spend time seizing/manufacturing an R8G1 weapon of your preferred base. The calculator in the bullet for Class can help you figure out what growth curve your weapon is on if you seized it at higher than level 1. Then upgrade and remodel it to your desired model (which should be the primary one that adds impact damage, it being objectively the best, as the others simply tweak elemental values which you can do by yourself). Once you've done that, you should use that same calculator to determine what Class it is. If it's a C1, congrats, you're already done with the hard part and can go hog wild using the misc elemental point resources (google translate works perfectly for material names in this case) to raise/lower your elements to the desired points.

If you didn't end up a C1 weapon, you need to find/make one to use as an add-on during modification, and it will instantly bring your weapon to C1 permanently. Weapons can not decrease in Class, only increase, so what this means is that if that japanese calculator scares the poo poo out of you, you can just mash in random garbage weapons for hours on end until your weapon doesn't seem capable of getting any additional Power increases. However, it's much more efficient to troll through your weapons and check the Class tables on the calculator and see if you don't happen to have one at C1. An "easy" way to get your hands on some guaranteed C1 weapons is during the post-game campaign: Join the path of the Alliance and you will receive 8 C1 weapons (that also happen to have decent modules, though this will likely not end up mattering if you're just looking for a quick jump to C1).

Once you've modified your weapon with a C1, it will now also be a C1 forever. This can be done at any level of Upgrade, and the same applies for Elemental modification. At R8G1C1, your weapon will have the maximum possible Power at level 10 and you can then spend the rest of your miserable days trying to get the right combination of Mods on it (which will end up costing you tens of thousands of EP). This poo poo is so dumb, but at least you can't be specifically screwed either :negative:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 5, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Okay, so just to make sure I have this right.

If I want a super OP cool guy Barbara Easy Blaster and a Chainsaw sword I need to:
1) Manufacture or seize an Rarity 8 Level 1 version of these weapons and they both need to be very high if not as high as possible on the Late Bloomer scale.
2) Upgrade these weapons until I cap them out at Level 10
3) Advance them to the upgraded versions (preferably Stagger class)
4) Fuse a C1 Growth weapon that I get from the Alliance path with it to ensure the best growth
5) Upgrade the weapons to Level 10 so they reach maximum potential
6) Kill myself as I try to slap Power Up XL, Power Up X, <sword/gun related mods> onto the thing
7) Be a cool guy who kills things really fast yeah I'm cool look at me and my guns I'm so cool.

edit: Oh and I have to figure out how to use element upgrades for a full 25 spread.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Policenaut posted:

Okay, so just to make sure I have this right.

If I want a super OP cool guy Barbara Easy Blaster and a Chainsaw sword I need to:
1) Manufacture or seize an Rarity 8 Level 1 version of these weapons and they both need to be very high if not as high as possible on the Late Bloomer scale.
2) Upgrade these weapons until I cap them out at Level 10
3) Advance them to the upgraded versions (preferably Stagger class)
4) Fuse a C1 Growth weapon that I get from the Alliance path with it to ensure the best growth
5) Upgrade the weapons to Level 10 so they reach maximum potential
6) Kill myself as I try to slap Power Up XL, Power Up X, <sword/gun related mods> onto the thing
7) Be a cool guy who kills things really fast yeah I'm cool look at me and my guns I'm so cool.

edit: Oh and I have to figure out how to use element upgrades for a full 25 spread.

You can fuse the C1 growth weapon at any time, and you only have to upgrade to level 5 to get the advanced versions, but otherwise yeah you've got it. Aim for a Late Bloomer, don't really worry about the power if it's Rank 8, as long as it's a Later Bloomer, as you can just fuse something that is C1 later on to get it back up to speed.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

e: Nevermind, I got one. I didn't notice the message box after the abductor legs were cracked.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 5, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually a brachy pallium isn't looking too terrible right now

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
So is it just me or are those dumb helmets really just making the accessories in the cell gardens blind as hell? I actually tested one to see how hard it was to get caught and I had to actually physically touch one.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Is there a list of all the augments somewhere? I've got an R7 G1 weapon and I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the effort of attempting an R8.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
gently caress. That solo mission at the start of Code 6 is the worst thing out of many games I have played recently. Three attempts and the randomly spawning enemies combine with the hilariously lovely corridor shooter mechanics of this game to nothing but failure.

Edit: Haha, wow, gently caress the person who designed this level, and every subsequent person who did not slap the first one in the face for this atrocity. After muddling through by way of dying near the exit, and having all the enemies decide to run away, the end result is zero plot advancement, only a "come later" message.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 5, 2014

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

Mithaldu posted:

gently caress. That solo mission at the start of Code 6 is the worst thing out of many games I have played recently. Three attempts and the randomly spawning enemies combine with the hilariously lovely corridor shooter mechanics of this game to nothing but failure.

Edit: Haha, wow, gently caress the person who designed this level, and every subsequent person who did not slap the first one in the face for this atrocity. After muddling through by way of dying near the exit, and having all the enemies decide to run away, the end result is zero plot advancement, only a "come later" message.

Yeah I feel like the plot had to get shafted for the sake of the budget, which is a drat shame because the premise had a ton of potential. Hopefully if there is ever a sequel they can afford to flesh it out a lot more.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Barbara's Easy blaster is my main weapon since forever. I lucked out with the drops and got a 1200 atk one with 6 bullets per clip,power up L and effective range L with minimal modification. I just finished a code 6 3-citizen reclamation mission in under 3 minutes because I just blew their pods open in 5 seconds and let Beatrice "Save the gently caress out of everyone" Anastasi do the rest.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow this last battle is obnoxious as gently caress the first two missions are reasonable but the last battle with the abductor that has chains that knocks everybody away can gently caress off

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

DrManiac posted:

Wow this last battle is obnoxious as gently caress the first two missions are reasonable but the last battle with the abductor that has chains that knocks everybody away can gently caress off

Good news: You'll love mission 8-1!

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Dang. I bought this last week and forgot about it but now I'm rank 6 and having the best time.

Let's game buddies !! PSN: amanchild

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DrManiac posted:

Yeah I just got to this and Jesus Christ. I love having to do the preceding two missions again, too!

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah I just got to this and Jesus Christ. I love having to do the preceding two missions again, too!

That mission wad a pain in the rear end until I found a little safe spot. The arena is pretty much a circle with a little square bit coming out of it. If you stand in the square bit, most of the bosses attacks can't hit you, so bring a big gun to shoot the detached chains with. Also auto-resuscitators can be super helpful.

Jehuti fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 6, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Your team will focus on the Chains if you order them to Suppress Personnel.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Man, can I just say that most of the female versions of the clothes are hella disappointing and not nearly as good as the male versions.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Really Pants posted:

Your team will focus on the Chains if you order them to Suppress Personnel.

When would you ever not tell your team to suppress personnel, outside of reclamation missions where they must scatter?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Man, can I just say that most of the female versions of the clothes are hella disappointing and not nearly as good as the male versions.

You can, but I think most people would disagree and say that you're completely wrong. Nearly all of the male clothing is some variant of Generic <X> Vest.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014
Well that was kind of disappointing, did the extra operation for CODE 8 and was expecting it to be super hard, but it was easier than CODE 6 extra operations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Emalde posted:

You can, but I think most people would disagree and say that you're completely wrong. Nearly all of the male clothing is some variant of Generic <X> Vest.

Yeah but the lady stuff is jest Generic <X> Skirt + Jacket

Speaking of clothes though, is it just one set of duds per CODE?

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Yeah, although CODE 8 has a couple that unlock once you reach it, as well as some ridiculously expensive hats and acessories (150k+ entitlement points.) Thankfully the outfits are only 2000 or so.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Have you been looking at the other styles (hit square)? Probably not gonna change your mind on it, but it is something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

kirbysuperstar posted:

Have you been looking at the other styles (hit square)? Probably not gonna change your mind on it, but it is something.

Okay, yeah that helps. Also gently caress you for giving me a reason to spend more time on prison dressup.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
I'm code 5 and really want more female duds too. I'll see how the others are but still hoping for DLC. Other raid games have much better selections.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Okay, yeah that helps. Also gently caress you for giving me a reason to spend more time on prison dressup.

You're welcome :unsmigghh:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wait, clothes can have more than one style? Why the gently caress was I unaware of this? God dammit why didn't I bring my Vita to work so I could play it on the bus home.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
I think I just killed the final boss with some pubbies while joining random rooms. I'm on code 4.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

cg7-3.jpg

This is the worst goddamned thing. Just let me past this so I can keep playing dress-up for gently caress's sakes.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Are you able to take Code exams/rank up while playing Multiplayer? I've got the game but a friend of mine is on the fence because we usually play through hunting games as a duo, and if we can't progress without occasionally dropping out to do plot/exams then he doesn't want any part of it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The final boss rush is the game indirectly telling you to stop going solo. The first two missions were a breeze but I could barely get the final boss down to 1/4th health before the sheer rush of Chains and the AI's inability to get rid of said Chains (even when on Suppress Personnel) so I took to it online and the group I was with was on loving point with that poo poo. Done in 6 minutes. Got my Non-Failure Certificate and now I can go get good men's costumes because every piece of story mode clothing outside of Type 88 is just generic military poo poo.

Bussamove posted:

Are you able to take Code exams/rank up while playing Multiplayer? I've got the game but a friend of mine is on the fence because we usually play through hunting games as a duo, and if we can't progress without occasionally dropping out to do plot/exams then he doesn't want any part of it.

Yes. I just helped some chick beat the CODE 7 exam online.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You're not forced to go online though, right? I'm antisocial and would just prefer ai partners :smith:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

You're not forced to go online though, right? I'm antisocial and would just prefer ai partners :smith:

You can do everything solo if you want.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
For those who play alone, who are your favorite AI partners? I don't get much benefit from those who have Defense thorns, so I usually roll with 2 Healing and 1 Binding. Which means Matthias, Beatrice, Carlos, Kai, and then Elfriede whom I just got.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

For those who play alone, who are your favorite AI partners? I don't get much benefit from those who have Defense thorns, so I usually roll with 2 Healing and 1 Binding. Which means Matthias, Beatrice, Carlos, Kai, and then Elfriede whom I just got.

I like Shizuka because she and her Accessory are stylin' as hell. I like Marie, even though shield AI is useless, then I just round it out with either Anne if I want healing or someone else if I don't feel I need it.

edit: My game crashed when I took a screenshot of the fedora entitlement and then CMA hung when I tried to transfer it to my PC :allears:

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Volt Catfish posted:

The final boss is perfectly doable solo, I was able to take it down in like 12 minutes on my 2nd try. You'll probably just have to have one run through to get used to it and also learn its trick. Mission 8-1, however, may or may not require you to go online, as it's really bad and bullshit.

• Locked thread