Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sup Rowan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I rented 2K15 from Redbox, played the Michaels / HHH showcase which started fun until I got to Katie Vick, then played the Punk / Cena showcase which started fun until I got to Kevin Nash, then spent the rest of my time in NXT mode. Trying to build up 3 finishers to do the torpedo DDT objective in Zayn / Cesaro while he's trying to neutralize your dumb rear end was as good of a challenge as I've had, without the gamey bullshit of Undertaker's spooky instant finisher in Beat the Streak.

On one attempt at it I tried to do a cool Sami Zayn suicide dive and realized they didn't flip the camera for the NXT arena like it's broadcasted, so I smashed into the table when he moved instead of the ramp. Got my 1 day rentals worth, may pick it up again to finish NXT mode, helps that I watch the show so I know the storylines, because apart from half baked VO they do little to set it up. Would have loved if they got the Showcase treatment. I hope the new console stuff has stuff like that, but then I see Bill DeMott renders...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Katie Vick is in this game?

GOTY 2014

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
In Supercard, is the accepted thought that team Hogan or team Andre is gonna win?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

AlmightyPants posted:

In Supercard, is the accepted thought that team Hogan or team Andre is gonna win?

Hogan is winning.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Does it matter if youre on the winning team?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Snacksmaniac posted:

Does it matter if youre on the winning team?

The short answer is no

The long answer is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The winning team just determines which prizes are handed out. You get stuff according to your rank, no matter who you picked.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I cant wait to see his ashy elbows in next-gen :sotw:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I've found that by sandbagging my rank, I can win the majority of my +5 matches.
Pro Legendary Mysterio, here I come! :twisted:

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If I was going to buy a console solely for this game, which is the better choice, Ps4 or XboxOne? I wanted to wait for the pc release but I don't know if I can hold out til Spring or later. I haven't played a WWE game since 2011 on the wii so I think i'll be impressed no matter what (unless there's something crazy like that no 2 counts thing).

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
PS4 is the better console by most standards. I doubt it would really make much difference, but the PS4 has sold a lot more consoles, which means inevitably more people creating content, etc.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
In reality, it doesn't matter all that much outside of a few exclusives. PS4 is more powerful. Xbox One can be found for cheaper these days.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Swagger Dagger posted:

The winning team just determines which prizes are handed out. You get stuff according to your rank, no matter who you picked.

I thought you got the rewards from your team regardless of the end result?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Daniel Bryan posted:

In reality, it doesn't matter all that much outside of a few exclusives. PS4 is more powerful. Xbox One can be found for cheaper these days.

PS4 is outselling XBone two to one so in terms of community content there will just be more on PS4.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

IcePhoenix posted:

PS4 is outselling XBone two to one so in terms of community content there will just be more on PS4.

Yeah for WWE games playing on the more popular system is pretty key, I think.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Still, if you're price conscious.

Looks like WWE 2K15 last gen will be $30 at Meijer on Black Friday.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Last gen 2k15 has none of the storyline creation stuff from 2k14, so I'd steer the gently caress away from that.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I'm curious as to what any sort of appeal for last gen 2k25 holds for anyone. The gameplay is the same, but the customization modes seem to be way stripped down. For me that's always been the appeal of these games. I guess if you're not into that sort of thing this would be fine for a roster update if nothing else. Are the story modes good?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Last gen 2k15 has none of the storyline creation stuff from 2k14, so I'd steer the gently caress away from that.

Do the next gen versions have storyline creation?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Do the next gen versions have storyline creation?

No.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Uh that is news to me, where did you get that?

As I knew it, it stood unresolved whether or not ps4/bone had story creation.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

Still, if you're price conscious.

Looks like WWE 2K15 last gen will be $30 at Meijer on Black Friday.

If you live within the vicinity of a Meijer store, you're probably used to mediocrity from living in extensive flyover territory. So, this is probably a great deal to take on.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Uh that is news to me, where did you get that?

As I knew it, it stood unresolved whether or not ps4/bone had story creation.

Someone mentioned it here as one of the things that's been totally stripped out of the game this year. A few pages ago, I think? Unless I'm misremembering and it's only the last gen version they took it out of.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

TheJoker138 posted:

Someone mentioned it here as one of the things that's been totally stripped out of the game this year. A few pages ago, I think? Unless I'm misremembering and it's only the last gen version they took it out of.

I think you are misremembering, I have been sperging out on following the current gen version and I have not seen anything as of yet. Now it could very well be that there will be no story creator in ps4/bone version, but there has been no official word either way yet.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It is not in the Next Gen version.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

John Cena posted:

It is not in the Next Gen version.

If its not then its not, but source?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

John Cena posted:

If you live within the vicinity of a Meijer store, you're probably used to mediocrity from living in extensive flyover territory. So, this is probably a great deal to take on.

Lions bitch.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have a ps3, and I am not in the market for a next gen system at all, but I want to play a wrestling game. Would it be better to just just get 2k14 rather than 2k15? The updated roster and NXT guys on 2k15 is cool, but I keep seeing that 2k14 might be a better all around game. I really don't care about storyline creator, because I don't really have the time to make them, but I want to know if universe mode is good even on the last gen version.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just get 2K14. It'll be cheaper, will have more community creations, and isn't missing features like 2K15. Universe Mode has a few improvements in 2K15 but probably not enough to justify spending more money on it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Just get 2K14. It'll be cheaper, will have more community creations, and isn't missing features like 2K15. Universe Mode has a few improvements in 2K15 but probably not enough to justify spending more money on it.

What are the missing features on 2k15?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Create-a-story, create-a-move and the actually moderately well-done WrestleMania and Beat The Streak modes, which have been replaced by an NXT-centric mode which culminates in trying to beat a super-Cena.

More importantly than perhaps even that, the roster of 2k14 is larger, especially in terms of Legends.

Giant Bomb has a Quick Look of the last-gen 2k15 that covers it all.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah the only attraction of 2k15 is an updated roster (that is still missing a chunk of people) which you can replace with CAWs for the most part, and the rivalries mode with HHH/HBK and Punk/Cena. The only concern for sticking with 2k14 is how long they keep the servers up, as they shut down '13 a few weeks ago so I imagine 2k14 has a year left at the most.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah the only attraction of 2k15 is an updated roster (that is still missing a chunk of people) which you can replace with CAWs for the most part, and the rivalries mode with HHH/HBK and Punk/Cena. The only concern for sticking with 2k14 is how long they keep the servers up, as they shut down '13 a few weeks ago so I imagine 2k14 has a year left at the most.

Yeah I am honestly not worried about online stuff, because I really just want a game I can play for an hour or so when I get home from work, and if they keep the servers up for another year or so I can grab whatever caws I want before that. yeah 14 might be the way to go.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
A cool little preview on the MyCareer mode in WWE2k15 I think this modes only in PS4 and Xbone versions.

Wonder if Sasha Banks will be DLC :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaFnFyNeSw

In card news I won a double undertaker epic card in KOTR which is pretty cool :)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

VoLaTiLe posted:

A cool little preview on the MyCareer mode in WWE2k15 I think this modes only in PS4 and Xbone versions.

I'm stoked for this, but goddamn the graphics look like they took a hit.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Epic Pro Team Hell No. So happy right now.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I am struggling with the knowledge that my supercard team would simply be better with a 2nd legend pro John Cena in it, and I probably should stop level my Stone Cold Legend pair to make room for more Cena.

Cena and his lovely black/neon green shirt then, now, forever.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Blasmeister posted:

It also appears to be much more stable than 2k14. There aren't system lockups during RR loading / user-set multi-man title matches, which I honestly think outweighs most of the creation suite cuts. I never used story creator and the created finishers were never actually useful but if you wanted to go all-out on entrances, you'll definitely feel the loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I"m giving up on supercard, since getting the legendaries and pro epics I need to make my team better takes more dedication than I actually want to put into the game.

It was fun for a while, though!