Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you feel like you need something like that, you just might want to be a little more discriminating with your sexual partners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I think we've peaked, nothing is going to beat that

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mahoning posted:

Half of the "Christmas" music they play has nothing to do with Christmas so I find the whining about it more annoying than the music itself.

I'm pretty sure Let It Snow is literally a song about snow.

You could play it anywhere from December to March really.

So when they say the Scroguard stops awkward moments, are they not counting the moment that your partner actually sees the Scroguard?

Sash! fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 6, 2014

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Gonz posted:

I was alerted to the existence of this product on an episode of The Soup last night.

This is real. I repeat, this is 100% real and not a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHZ2VgvL0gY

This made me want to take a really, really cold shower

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Gonz posted:

I was alerted to the existence of this product on an episode of The Soup last night.

This is real. I repeat, this is 100% real and not a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHZ2VgvL0gY

From what circle of Hell did this commercial originate from?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

There's a new Ashley Madison ad featuring a song by the Cheating Husband A Capella Band. It's as rage-inducing as it sounds.

Oh yeah, that one is terrible. They only actually came up with 1 line so it repeats over and over for the whole thing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Holy poo poo that scro gard commercial. :staredog:

Something Positive
Jan 10, 2010

MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHERMOTHERMOTHER MOOOOTTTHHHEEERRRR
The bit about putting it on hours beforehand and not worrying about interruptions is great. Unless it goes down in complete darkness with no foreplay whatsoever, what intimate partner isn't going to 1. Notice it 2. Stop the sexytimes and 3a. Ask a few questions or 3b. Flee immediately.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Sash! posted:

I'm pretty sure Let It Snow is literally a song about snow.

You could play it anywhere from October to May really.

Fixed for Canada.

Also, the best Christmas song ever is the Fairytale of New York, and it's acceptable to listen to at any time during the year as well.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
The best Christmas song is Die Hard

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 4 days!)

The best christmas song is the collective chorus of people screaming "IT'S NOT EVEN DECEMBER YET FUCCCCCCKKKK YOOOOOUUUU"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The best Christmas Song is "The 12 Days of Christmas" by John Denver and The Muppets, and I will fight you if you think otherwise. :colbert:

That being said, the ONLY traditional Christmas songs I like are on that John Denver and The Muppets album.

"Piggy pudding?"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The worst Christmas song is Baby It's Cold Outside because now you have to deal with a chorus of people parroting the monologue from Key & Peele about how the song is rapey and acting like they made it up themselves.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
The very diverse, multi-ethnic family is passing around the 8-piece bucket of KFC, and everybody gets a piece. The big guy even gets 2. After 7 pieces of chicken have been removed from this 8-piece bucket, the last piece appears to be less than an inch from the top rim of the bucket. How does this 8-piece bucket of chicken appear to have 12-16 pieces?

Is this bucket of chicken larger than an 8-Piece? If so, this is false advertising, because that is what the commercial is promoting.

Is there a false bottom in the bucket? If so, why?

Is it a magical bucket ever-full of deep fried dismembered poultry, like a cornucopia? If so, I want one.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Something Positive posted:

The bit about putting it on hours beforehand and not worrying about interruptions is great. Unless it goes down in complete darkness with no foreplay whatsoever, what intimate partner isn't going to 1. Notice it 2. Stop the sexytimes and 3a. Ask a few questions or 3b. Flee immediately.

I like the huge fireball that comes from the guy's crotch region. I bet the Scroguard doesn't protect against THAT STD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw a Walmart Christmas commercial with Melissa Joan Hart. She... was not looking good.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The worst Christmas song is Baby It's Cold Outside because now you have to deal with a chorus of people parroting the monologue from Key & Peele about how the song is rapey and acting like they made it up themselves.

What it took people this long to figure that out?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Sash! posted:

What it took people this long to figure that out?

Yeah, have they never seen Adam Curtis' The Power Of Nightmares

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DrBouvenstein posted:

The best Christmas Song is "The 12 Days of Christmas" by John Denver and The Muppets, and I will fight you if you think otherwise. :colbert:

That being said, the ONLY traditional Christmas songs I like are on that John Denver and The Muppets album.

"Piggy pudding?"

Ahem. :colbert:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmu7sf_space-ghost-c2c-a-space-ghost-christmas-kevin-meaney_shortfilms

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Between those Nationwide commercials with Eli Manning's brother, those Lexus commercials around Christmas time, and some other commercial that escapes me at the moment, I've found that I am legitimately enraged by commercials that pretend their stupid loving jingle tune is ubiquitous enough that you'll recognize it out of context.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

raditts posted:

Between those Nationwide commercials with Eli Manning's brother, those Lexus commercials around Christmas time, and some other commercial that escapes me at the moment, I've found that I am legitimately enraged by commercials that pretend their stupid loving jingle tune is ubiquitous enough that you'll recognize it out of context.
Kit-Kat. It's always Kit-Kat.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Coaaab posted:

Kit-Kat. It's always Kit-Kat.

But that jingle is ubiquitous. Everyone recognizes it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

GutBomb posted:

The ones with just biting and snapping of the bar drive me nuts. They're just annoying.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

muscles like this? posted:

Just saw a Walmart Christmas commercial with Melissa Joan Hart. She... was not looking good.

I was having a hard time trying to figure out who that was and why she looked so familiar without actually being sure who that was.

I don't think she can play a teenaged witch anymore.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

She's OK for a woman in her 30's. She doesn't have the body type that's really conducive for being thin. She's still mostly photogenic though. Her face looks better than it did in Melissa & Joey.

raditts posted:

Lexus commercials around Christmas time

As bad as it was, the family of billionaires who made their fortune handcrafting bows for cars featuring the most stoned trophy/stepford wife ever was pretty incredible.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

raditts posted:

In Peyton's defense, chicken parm does taste so good

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Doctor Butts posted:

She's OK for a woman in her 30's. She doesn't have the body type that's really conducive for being thin. She's still mostly photogenic though. Her face looks better than it did in Melissa & Joey.

Huh, Wikipedia verified that she's 38, for some reason I figured she was in her mid to late 40's by now.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I hate this song because it reminds me of Drew Carey making out with an old woman :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Faustian Bargain posted:

I hate this song because it reminds me of Drew Carey making out with an old woman :(

He did rob the Craftmatic Adjustable Bed in that episode.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

raditts posted:

This may be the first time in history where PFM is referred to only as "Eli Manning's Brother". Now you've gotten the Lexus jingle stuck in my head and I wanna die. Can it be December 26th yet

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

GutBomb posted:

Yeah who doesn't need some Fan-cy-Feast?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hazo posted:

Yeah who doesn't need some Fan-cy-Feast?

Foot ball cream?

:confused:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Roflcopter posted:

This may be the first time in history where PFM is referred to only as "Eli Manning's Brother".

:thejoke:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Amazon has a new like, home computer thing. Watch the video in the link. This family trying to act like a family is horrible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOCeAtKHIc&t=164s

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tupping Liberty posted:

Amazon has a new like, home computer thing. Watch the video in the link. This family trying to act like a family is horrible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOCeAtKHIc&t=164s

This takes place 4 days in the future :eyepop:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

"Somethingawful DOT Com... please make the future not so loving creepy and sad and expensive."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I saw a commercial for Mario Kart 8 for the Wii where a father was playing against his kids. It was totally unrealistic because no one was cursing under their breath or throwing a tantrum.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Gaunab posted:

It was totally unrealistic because no one was cursing under their breath or throwing a tantrum.

Under their breath?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wowie zowie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo4oEdtDRPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I gotta say, when I first saw the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare commercial I wasn't really paying attention and just thought it was sort of dumb. But now that I've seen the whole thing it's, like, douche-chill level bro-y. The whole thing just bothers me, from the bro-y white dude to the "WOAH ISN'T A WAR ZONE SO AWESOME" to the "haha bro, you kissed a goat, no homo (no goatmo?)"

and the worst part is it probably does amazing with their target audience