Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Avenging_Mikon posted:

What is this e-mo-tion the small human is expressing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Is the older daughter retarded? Like, for real mentally off? Because it'd explain a lot.
Are you? That's how children talk and behave.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've seen that image before but didn't know the context, and now I'm irrationally angry at the parents for pulling their kids out of school just to go to Disneyland. Don't they care for their kids' education?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Android Bicyclist posted:

I've seen that image before but didn't know the context, and now I'm irrationally angry at the parents for pulling their kids out of school just to go to Disneyland. Don't they care for their kids' education?

Oh no, they're gonna miss the day where they read a chapter book and glue poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

An 8 or 9 year old is not going to miss that much over the course of three days.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I'm more mad that the older girl doesn't appear to be wearing a seatbelt, unless I'm missing something.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:rolleyes:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

:nallears:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Clearly, that young girl's life started a steady decent into ruin on that day.You people who laughed or didn't think she was literally mentally retarded should feel ashamed.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Won't somebody think of the children??

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Nothing is SAclopedia. Who is Jon Pop?

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

he's you

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jesus Christ, this better not lead to a seventy-page speech on the irrationality of Katy Perry and how individualism must be the new foundation of our music.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

it's just taking them from one babysitter to another

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Eschers Basement posted:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jesus Christ, this better not lead to a seventy-page speech on the irrationality of Katy Perry and how individualism must be the new foundation of our music.

That is loving beautiful

Humbug Scoolbus has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Oct 30, 2014

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

bunnyofdoom posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531924

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

het posted:

Are you? That's how children talk and behave.

No, no it isn't. A kid 6 or 7, which she looks, should not be asking to take her stuffed teddy to school, especially when it isn't the first day of class. You know who DID bring their stuffed animals to grades 1 and 2? The mentally disabled kids. Nice, all of them, but let's not kid ourselves here, that girl's obviously not all there.

Not talking about the excitement, Slapnuts.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I still take my stuffed teddy to work.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

No, no it isn't. A kid 6 or 7, which she looks, should not be asking to take her stuffed teddy to school, especially when it isn't the first day of class. You know who DID bring their stuffed animals to grades 1 and 2? The mentally disabled kids. Nice, all of them, but let's not kid ourselves here, that girl's obviously not all there.

get out of here jeff jarrett nobody liked you until you were in the bullet club

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Ironically, this is also how children talk and behave

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

het posted:

Ironically, this is also how children talk and behave

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

GelatinSkeleton posted:

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

:thumbsup:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

GelatinSkeleton posted:

same

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

In a way,, we are all permabanned poster niggerstomper58

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Avenging_Mikon posted:

:raise:

Is goons forgetting literally everything about being a kid an in-joke now too or am I missing something here?

Like, I remember in school we not only had kids who brought their teddy bear into class, it was pretty much encouraged. Teddy bear day was a pretty common thing because it made everyone happy.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Dewgy posted:

:raise:

Is goons forgetting literally everything about being a kid an in-joke now too or am I missing something here?

Like, I remember in school we not only had kids who brought their teddy bear into class, it was pretty much encouraged. Teddy bear day was a pretty common thing because it made everyone happy.

autism

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Hey, where did :tenbux: go? Give it back! :argh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They probably finally got tired of people using :tenbux: instead of saying 'ten bucks' after all these years. :30bux: still remains, however, so larger dollar amounts are still fine for abbreviating.

For now just use :30bux:-20 instead.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Grim Up North posted:

Hey, where did :tenbux: go? Give it back! :argh:

:10bux: :confused:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh right. Doy.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Oh, there it is, I guess I got confused by multiple posters just writing out :tenbux:. :shobon:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

quote:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It is loving weird to find a post from me in a thread that is now part of SA history yet felt like another poo poo thread when I posted in it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Someone explain these smilies to me I've seen them on the list but literally never used, aside from in lovely smilie threads.

:nignog:
:ghitler:
:mrgw2:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Internet Kraken posted:

Someone explain these smilies to me I've seen them on the list but literally never used, aside from in lovely smilie threads.

Trap Sprung

Yukkuri Remilia Scarlet, derived from Touhou Project. GBS Nite Crew bought it for some reason.

Hitler I guess? IDK

Lord English from Homestuck. It's based on a FYAD Flag that I think Koos Group uploaded a ton of times.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Internet Kraken posted:

:nignog:
:ghitler:
:mrgw2:
The bottom one is a Homestuck reference. Semi-permabanned member Koos used it as an avatar a while back, and someone made it into a smilie for some reason.

Memento posted:

If someone could tell me the story behind :goatdrugs: I'd very much appreciate it.
It's based off of Goat Simulator, an April Fool's joke game that got enough attention to release for real. You play a goat wandering around in a world with a physics engine that's designed to be as glitchy as possible without crashing.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

kvx687 posted:

It's based off of Goat Simulator, an April Fool's joke game that got enough attention to release for real. You play a goat wandering around in a world with a physics engine that's designed to be as glitchy as possible without crashing.

That's incorrect it's a vanity emote

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

ghitler might be a games forum thing, iirc the Jolly Green Giant with a hitler 'stache was a running joke or some such in one of the World of Tanks threads.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I'm guessing :viconia: is referring to the Baldur's Gate character but... why does it exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FutonForensic posted:

I'm guessing :viconia: is referring to the Baldur's Gate character but... why does it exist?

I believe there was a poster named Viconia at one time, and there may have been some drama, but my memory is sketchy.