Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6

<<Eyes on the prize, boys and girls. Letting the bees drop for now, gotta focus.>> Marcina looks at the inner vault and breathes deeply before going to work on it.

Dropping bee phantasm, cleaning my astral, than going to work. :siren: I could use a leadership roll or other die booster right now.:siren: If I get it, I'm spending the extra dice on the antitamper circuit roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

Kenneth moves in behind Marcina, as he feels the power he shakes his head a bit and tenses up, "drat." He mutters before moving on, following closely. "Get our books, also we want to try to lock this place back up when we are done. I dunno if our job was on the level, I mean, we are criminals. But if I was planning on stealing some of this OTHER poo poo, I would hire someone to break the security for something else, leave their footprints and fingerprints all over. Then go in silent, take what I want and scrub my way out so they get blamed. Granted, I have no idea what's actually going on, my knowledge of magic is that it exists. That's it. I just know how criminals work. The amount of times we wasted time pursuing a guy because someone hired him as a set up was... well... high." He mutters as Alfred speaks, "If the poo poo in here is as bad as Marcina says I don't want to be taking anything and then having some angry rear end voodoo man coming after me while I'm napping. Granted, it's a group job, so it's up to you guys. All I know is, I ain't got one lick of magic and even I felt that poo poo when I walked in here."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Giving a look of sheer annoyance - running in place meant NOT running down! - DT tries to head to the southern door as quietly and quickly as he can to await the guard there.

Sneaking: 10d6t5 3

[ @Xavier Kitchen...poo poo, I think I might grab a snack or two while I'm there. Unlike some assholes who just get to sit inside all night, I've been stuck outside and hungry. ]

Assuming I can't do a leadership roll when I'm already doing something else - sorry Marcina. If I can then I will though!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sparrow Edge: 3/3

<< hey grl >>
<< explain whats goin down there >>
<< is this like puppy kickin evil or what >>
<< no domain no problem >>
<< if its gonna jack up my sustains then we gonna have issues with any plan >>

She nervously taps on her AR display, ordering her rotodrones to spin around in the air. Gotta pad that APM. Old habits die hard.

<< dunno if subcontractors would stick to the game plan in this case >>
<< anyways >
<< were we gonna drop this thing off direct or do we got a house lined up for it >>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge
Phys Init 14+4d6

<<Sparrow, like puppy eating evil with a poo poo kicker of a ward to boot. Ugh, almost there.>>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Marcina

Here is the roll against the barrier for your spells: Magic + Charisma 11d6Cgte5: 8 vs Barrier Force x 2 16d6Cgte5: 2 :aaaaa:

With the bees gone, you get to work on the interior vault. The magical force is almost distracting, and you can feel the powers pouring around you while you start in on the maglock assembly for the inner vault. It's identical to the last one, even down to the anti-tamper circuit.

Anti-Tamper Circuit Test 10d6Cgte5: 3
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 1] 10d6Cgte5: 2, Dismantling the Lock [Ext 2] 9d6Cgte5: 2, Dismantling the Lock [Ext 3] 8d6Cgte5: 3,
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 4] 7d6Cgte5: 2, Dismantling the Lock [Ext 5] 6d6Cgte5: 1, Dismantling the Lock [Ext 6] 5d6Cgte5: 3
Unlocking the Lock [Ext 1] 10d6Cgte5: 4, Unlocking the Lock [Ext 2] 9d6Cgte5: 5, Unlocking the Lock [Ext 3] 8d6Cgte5: 4

It takes you amost 20 seconds to get the well-made housing open, but once it's apart bypassing the circuit goes easier than before. You wire your way around it and are met with a series of small clicks as the magnetic tumblers slid out of place. The door comes easily open to reveal a room of shelves and boxes. Now that you know what to look for, the second ward is obvious, concealing the magical powers on the other side of it. There's a ritual circle of some sort in the middle of the room, but you can't get a read on the astral signature from this side of the ward. Even from here, you can see that many of the shelves contain books of all sorts, old and rare and unknown---the books you are looking for are probably among them somewhere.

Mark one edge for pulling off all that safe-cracking with nary a problem.

Double-Tap

You make it down to the kitchen door without being seen, even catching a few glimpses of Xavier through the windows as you head down. You get to the kitchen door as he pulls it open, and your disguise is convincing enough that he doesn't seem to notice you aren't actually Jorge. He lets you inside and takes a moment to look around for any wasps before closing the door behind the two of you. Afterwards he nods at the fridge before opening it and grabbing several slices of cold-cut prosciutto. "Best part about the job: I get six meals a week that ain't meat-flavored soy. You want some? Boss is workin' on the exterminators showin' up, so it ain't like we got much else to do for the next half-hour or so. Fuckin' wasps, man. Probably set up near a warm air vent or something, trying to beat this freezing weather. You get stung or anything?"

He shoots the poo poo with you as the two of you eat high-end hors d'oeuvre ingredients in the dimly-lit kitchen.

Everyone

Marcina opens the inner vault, and is met with another ward. The thing has a ritual circle in the middle of it, and several boxes and shelves of books. It isn't immediately clear which one contains what y'all are looking for, so someone is going to have to go in there and search for the manuscript to finish the job. Double-Tap has slipped inside as Jorge, shooting the poo poo with Xavier in the kitchen. The other four guards are still in the staff room according to the video feed.

@Arkangelus: Yeah, masks for the purpose of disguising your face are easily lifestyle costs.

To get the manuscript
Whoever goes in needs to roll a Perception + Intuition extended test (12, 1 Combat Turn) to dig through the things and find the manuscript and other first-editions in the inner vault. You can also roll this to look for other valuables to steal in either of the vaults, with options for stealing magical or non-magical objects. Someone needs to explicitly state they are entering the inner vault and make those rolls.

To steal the office fetishes
Gabriel doesn't actually know Invisibility, so he can't cloak the van. It will have to either be Marcina or Sparrow to cloak the van so that someone can run to get them with the cameras covered. Otherwise Marcina can go fiddle with the camera hardware. For that matter, someone could just invisible Alfred or Gabriel and have them run to grab the fetishes. Alternatively, "Jorge" (Cirno) could try to steal them in disguise, but that might be more quickly noticed.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Phys Init 14+4d6

Marcina exhales deeply as the lock comes open. She remembered that holovid remake of Sherlock Holmes where he talks about awesome things like this being the only thing that exceeds a good drug rush. The smugness gets wiped off her face as she looks around the inside of the inner vault. "Cripes." <Hey need some help right now, this mojo is frying my brain, drat near everything in here is magic. I'm in but I need someone to help me scrounge. C'mon guys, I got us 90% of the way there, now I just need someone to carry it on home.>>

My perception pool is only 5 but uh, whoever loots the place gets a die bonus of 2 from my (underwhelming) leadership roll.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

Kenneth grumbles and looks in too, he's not faring much better than Marcina despite being slightly better at her for finding stuff.

Perception Roll 6d6t5: 1

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Has operation Fetish Steal been abandoned? Should I make the extended test for Kenneth's perception, or would someone with a better roll like to go look?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
The main issue with Operation Fetish Steal is that I can't invisibility myself, and those cameras are a problem. :P

Sparrow, could you invisibility just me?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Issue with an extended roll 12 is you need a diepool of 8, statistically, to roll 12 hits before you hit 0.

I'll cast invisibility if it gets this show rolling

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Sorry slow-down was definitely my fault. QN: The idea was for Gabriel not to cloak the van but to block the cameras/engulf the van in a Trid Phantasm (bees). Preference being for the latter. If either will work then see roll below, otherwise yeah somebody else I guess.

Casting Trid Phantasm Force: 5: 12d6t5 3
Drain from Trid Phantasm: 16d6t5 7 - No drain suffered

Edits: Also I think double-tap is our guy for perception though gabriel can try if absolutely necessary.
Reason Gabriel doesn't want to go inside:

QuantumNinja posted:

Any sustained spells must make a test against the ward's power to continue functioning, as per Core, p. 316. Any mage attempting to bridge the gap and sustain [or quickened] / bring foci should roll Magic + Charisma [Astral] vs 16DP.
Emphasis mine.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 9, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

<quantumninja> I mean Gabriel has perception at 8 dp
<quantumninja> and he's literally just standing outside the vault doing not much
<quantumninja> Marcina could pop out and be like "go help find the book; I got Alfred for the other thing"

Marcina

"Gabe, go help find the book; I got Alfred for the other thing"

:effort:
Casting invis on Alfred @force 2
3hits
No drain

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 9, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

<< hey nobel >>
<< hey nobel >>
<< psst over here >>
<< oh wait im invisible hold on >>

She weaves the mana around Alfred in a somewhat absent-minded manner.

<< and now so are youuuuu >>

orokos is down so pretend I rolled 10 to cast improved invisibility at force 3 and 6 to try and resist the 2 drain. :effort:
e: Force 3 Imp. Invis.: 10d6t5 4
Resist 2 Drain: 6d6t5 2 yisss

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 9, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

"Oh, wow, am I invisible now?" Al looks down at himself. "Awesome." Al starts to head towards the office, to get a look at the door in-person.

<<Uh, does anyone know if this office door has an alarm or lock on it or anything?>>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Hardline messages on the comms. <<Nah, Alfred, I got the door lock and everything. Don't sweat that.>>

As far as I can tell, here is the current state of things:
  1. THE TEAM has 15-20 minutes until the EXTERMINATORS show up.
  2. MARCINA and ALFRED are on the FETISHES in the OFFICE. MARCINA is standing near the loading dock, and has cast INVISIBILITY on ALFRED. ALFRED is headed to the office, currently invisible.
  3. MARCINA picked the door to the INNER VAULT and she looked inside along with KENNETH with simple PERCEPTION TESTS.
    1. The interior looks a bit like a MAGICAL LODGE, complete with RITUAL CIRCLE.
    2. The OUTER VAULT and INNER VAULT both have FORCE 8 WARDS around them with some sort of MASKING WARD. You must pass through them to enter the INNER VAULT.
    3. The INNER VAULT is full of BOOKS and BOXES, and while they are labelled, it will take some time to find the MANUSCRIPT and FIRST EDITIONS.
  4. GABRIEL is standing outside the outer vault, hesitating(with good reason) about losing his QUICKENED INCREASED REFLEX, and the 1 KARMA he paid for it. He's cast TRID PHANTASM and placed a group of WASPS on the EXTERIOR CAMERAS (or not, optionally).
  5. KENNETH is in the outer vault, waiting for someone else to help him search.
  6. SPARROW is just chilling in the LOANER VAN, staying out of trouble (probably to the chagrin of her mentor spirit).
  7. DOUBLE-TAP is eating cold cuts in the kitchen.
To find the MANUSCRIPT and FIRST EDITIONS, someone must enter the INNER VAULT and make an EXTENDED PERCEPTION TEST (12, 1 Combat Turn). If the team is okay with only the MANUSCRIPT, it may be found with a PERCEPTION TEST (9, 1 Combat Turn). The only two of you that have a reasonable PERCEPTION dice pools are GABRIEL and DOUBLE-TAP, but anyone may use LEADERSHIP remotely or help look through the INNER VAULT as a TEAMWORK TEST. Alternatively, you can send the TROLLS to STEAL THE ENTIRE CONTENTS of the BLOOD-DRINKING MONSTER'S LODGE INNER VAULT, sorting it out later. Or maybe one of the mages could summon a high-force SPIRIT, which would have a large perception test, but it'd have to be big enough through the WARDS. SPARROW could probably edge out something big enough. :shrug:

Y'all got the safe open, the guards are way more busy worried about being stung than being robbed, and you have free run of the compound. Let's steal what you came here for and get out before someone catches on.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 10, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel looks at the slightly puzzled faces in the vault and grumbles under his breath "Sometimes I hate this job..." then grits his teeth and enters the vault.

Entering the Maelstrom - Resist (edged): 9d6h5 7
Maelstrom wants my spells: 16d6t5 7

The world seems to speed up and Gabriel feels his resolve falter as his spells dissipate violently. "Son of a...drat IT!" Without thinking he lashes out at the nearest object, punching a hole in the canvas of a now significantly less priceless painting.
His face bearing a pained expression he squeezes his eyes shut for a few moments to try to regain his composure.
"Well, lets get looking."

Haha, so close yet so far. So yeah teamwork rolls and then you or I can roll the extended test part QN?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Alfred carefully pushes his way into the office, hoping against hope that there isn't anything nasty waiting for him in there.

<<Wait, Double-Tap, did that guy say something about prosciutto? Can you try and grab some if you get a chance?>>

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Hearing Gabriel's cry of frustration was worrying.

<< do >>
<< do you want me to call in help >>
<< by help i mean spirit help >>
<< i can if we really really need it >>
<< but itll have to be someone big to get through that ward and i might be paying for it >>

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge 0/1

"Thanks, that shouldn't be necessary though. What's done is done. Between the three of us hopefully we'll be able to find it."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Cool. Anyone who is helping Gabriel go in and look, give me a Perception test for teamwork. I'll do the extended search roll tomorrow (or when I get answers from both malikial and Ronwayne). The nearby FlySpy could also help.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 11, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Double Tap Edge: 5/7

"Is that prosciutto? poo poo, I got a guy watching over my place while I'm out, he'd love this."

The prosciutto is pocketed.

[ Everything ok? Look, finding the books may not be easy immediately, but there's a few things that might help. If you can, look to see how the books are organized; chances are they're not just left around randomly. The boxes themselves are likely organized by date of auction; the books, probably alphabetical by name, so R's. Hey, we didn't come all this way and do all this to get beaten by a bookshelf and a box or some drek, right? Kenneth, start searching; Sparrow, bring in a drone or two to help. Marcina, so long as that invisibility spell is running, stay out of the wards. Don't worry and don't lose your cool now, we're ahead of the pack and we've got time to spare. And Alfred, I have your ham. ]

Leadership (Direct): 11d6t5 1
Leadership (Direct) [EDGE]: 10d6t5+1 6

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 11, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), Invis on Alfred (3 hits)
Phys Init 14+4d6

Her head throbbing, Marcina does her best to assist.

Have an, uh, extra 1 die. Didn't know if you can do two leadership rolls so rolled my perception pool at -2 due to spells)

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Ronwayne, you'll have to pass through both wards to do that, which might drop Invis on Alfred. It actually is probably best you just relax...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

k

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
I think Sparrow invised Alfred?
Edit: Gotcha

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 12, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I deferred to Ronwayne since that post came first. Anyway you get the 6 bonus dice from the Leadership test from Cirno, plus any Malikial is gonna throw in if he's willing to take Kenneth into the spooky inner vault.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Alfred Nobel

You slip inside the office, invisible, without an alarm. You can almost feel the cameras on you, and sneak through the office to grab the foci. Within maybe four or five seconds you've got all of them in your bag (or your pockets). They send tingles up and down your arms as you grab them, almost like they're covered in grime or acid, but otherwise don't hurt you. Even so, the entire thing is unnerving, and you turn to leave the office.

Sneakily grabbing the foci 5d6Cgte5: 3

Gabriel De Los Santos

Moving through the outer barrier was like Marcina had described it: a maelstrom of energies from magical items stored in the outer fault. You enter the inner vault alone to find the manuscript and the books, keeping Double-Tap's words in mind. Your first step inside, though, through the ward, is... familiar. That same wash of blackened souls, of evil spirits and wicked spells. And the smell of old, dried blood, like rust and rotted meat, fills your nostrils. You get to work anyway, and Double-Tap was right: part the room was full of the blood mage's notes, but the rest was organized by auction date, and then alphabetically from there. It takes you maybe six seconds to find the right shelf and the manuscript, and another three or four to find the rest of the first editions. They first is in a heavy-duty file folder, and the rest are in a small wooden crate.

Searching for the Stuff [Extended 1] 15d6Cgte5: 6
Searching for the Stuff [Extended 2] 14d6Cgte5: 4
Searching for the Stuff [Extended 3] 13d6Cgte5: 4

The manuscript is easily moved, but the first editions are collectively 10 kilograms. As you consider what to do with them, however, something else grabs your attention: there are strange bumps swelling on the walls and the floor, like blisters in the concrete itself, scarlet red. Before you can even move, they burst, pouring blood across the walls, the floods, and you. You're instantly standing soles-deep in blood, the slick liquid splashed across the floor as if a heavy rain. And before your eyes, things climb from the pool, larger than anything it could conceal, humanoid-shaped monsters made of the liquid.

Roll Composure: Cha + Wil. What do you do next?

Marcina and Kenneth

Even from your locations, you have eyes on Gabriel and the inner vault. Which is why when it started changed, you just paused to watch. Blistered appeared across the walls and the floor, dark-red boils that burst with blood less than an eye-blink later. There's blood pouring out of the vault entrance, shoe-deep. It seems almost fake at first, like a horror trid, and then humanoid monsters made of the stuff start climbing up from the pools.

Roll Composure: Cha + Wil. What do you do next?

Everyone

Roll Initiative. I guess Double-Tap doesn't have to, and maybe not Sparrow unless she wants her drones involved.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

Kenneth gets more than a bit freaked out by the crazy rear end blood walls and takes a step back, looking obviously panicked despite his large size.

Composure 5d6t5: 1

Edge Rerolls 4d6t5 0

(I hosed up the second roll but even accounting for the gently caress up it still leaves me at 0 successes, god drat it.)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Phys Init 14+4d6
CURRENT INIT:25
"W-what the gently caress am I looking at here?"

3hits on composure, 4 hits (+ 1 for 5hits if my shamanisti traditions specialty applies) on my Magical Theory roll to know what the hell I'm looking at.)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 13, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Alfred--hearing the freakout over the comms--steels himself for whatever might be in the room. Not wanting to give away the goat too fast, he settles for a loping half-walk/half jog that would probably have looked ridiculous if he weren't invisible. Whispering a quick "Odin grant me speed, and make my blade strike true," he feels the blood begin to pump vigorously into his limbs as the magic seizes him, and drawing his katana, he heads to the vault.

<<Bros, what, exactly is it I'm about to walk in on and probably kill, here? Also, is the bad juju in the vault going to give me a case of the horribly cursed with the bad juju in my pockets?>>

Initiative roll for blood fight in vault: 4d6 14 + 12 = 26

Agility boost roll for vault blood fight: 7d6t5 2

Modified agility: 8

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

QuantumNinja posted:

Everyone

Roll Initiative. I guess Double-Tap doesn't have to, and maybe not Sparrow unless she wants her drones involved.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Those aren't things that should ever been seen on a video feed. Everyone's reactions confirm that they're not an anomaly.

<< wtf >>

sorry, been on the road and thought I'd have a chance to post
Initiative: 5d6+10 36 ofc drones are gettin involved

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge 0/1

Composure roll: 8d6t5 2
Initiative Roll: 10+1d6 14

Magical Theory/Arcana Check on horrors: 9d6t5 5
That's first on the docket if composure roll was a success. Also beginning to realize Magical Theory and Arcana are a bit redundant, same DP so whichever is more applicable.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Map

Kenneth

You have the unnerving urge to flee. As your mind churns into a tight panic, it's dominated by two those: whatever these things were, this wasn't the run you signed up for, and this certainly didn't pay enough. The van's right outside, you can almost feel it. It wouldn't take you more than a second or two to reach it at a dead sprint, and then a bit more to persuade that little street girl to drive away. You don't have to leave, but you take -2 to all actions for the duration of the fight.

Marcina

Maybe it was the drugs, maybe it was your sheer force of personality, but you keep it together. You even recognize the thing as a blood spirit.. You've never seen one in person, but the trids in the library had the sort of accurate recreations that made for good school reports and better horror stories among middle-school children. You can almost see the little bar of text next to it, "These powers include the ability to bind you in place, extract essence, and magically frighten. Larger ones have claw-like natural weapons, and they have been known to have magical concealment, confusion, movement, and even acidic blood-fog breath. While rare and almost never shown directly, they are well-known as 'bogeymen' through much of rural Aztlan."

Gabriel

The blood, the horror, it almost doesn't even phase you. Sure, it's scary, but you've seen this sort of horror show before, down along the border against those Aztlan mages. Blood spirits, and massive ones from the look of it. The power to eat your soul, to scare you magically, and those vicious bone-claw fingertips that rip and tear. But the other ability, the one to stick you to itself and to the blood, was the one in the forefront of your mind. You've watched these sorts of things rip people apart, but you've also flattened one or two in a fight. Maybe not ones this big, but you had some pretty powerful people with you... right?

Initiative
36 Sparrow
30 Alfred
27 Blood Spirit 1
26 Blood Spirit 2
25 Marcina
18 Kenneth
14 Gabriel

Please for the love of god post moves out of order when convenient. So like Marcina/Kenneth/Gabriel's actions can be posted in any order and I'll resolve / ask for clarification if and when necessary.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 15, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

<< nope nope nope >>

"Nopenopenope!" She claws frantically at a little thread of mana with all of her focus. On the other end, a spirit feels a tug just barely strong enough to register as a cry for help. "Gwasoleil! Help! Bl - "

The entire van rocks as a massive falcon slams down on the hood. A pale blue aura surrounds it.

"Blood spirits!" Her frantic waving is clear as day to the bird despite her invisibility. "Please defend the others!"

A faint trail of light follows the falcon as it takes to the air and speeds off into the building.

"Please be careful," she calls after it from the open window, "and get out of there if you get into trouble! I just need you to hold on for a little bit."

A few quick taps on an AR display is all it takes to recall her drones.

One simple action commanding the F6 Air spirit to fight for us, another simple action to command the drones to get back to the van.
F6 Spirit Initiative: 16+2d6 18 :romo:

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Initiative
36 Sparrow
30 Alfred
27 Blood Spirit 1
26 Blood Spirit 2
25 Marcina
18 Kenneth
18 Air Spirit
14 Gabriel

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 15, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Alfred steps through the door to the vault... and spots chaos. "gently caress. poo poo poo poo poo poo. Uhhh... Sword. I need a magical sword..."

<<Did anyone see a magical fraggin' sword in here anywhere?!">>

Alfred begins frantically digging through the puppy-eating vortex in search of something stabby.

Search for magical weapon (Edge'd): 5d6h5 2

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Initiative
36 Sparrow
30 Alfred
27 Blood Spirit 1
26 Blood Spirit 2

25 Marcina
18 Kenneth
18 Air Spirit
14 Gabriel

Alfred grabs up some sort of sword in the outer vault, and then the two spirits turn their attention to Gabriel. One of them flashes strange bone-like claws from its fingertips and claw at him, swiping at his chest with them. The other stoops and reaches for him, its blood-constructed limb glistening and tar-like.

Gabriel

You must dodge the first one's attack. It rolled 7 hits on its attack roll. Its damage is 8P, obviously with extra net hits.
The second made a touch attack to bind you to itself, with 3 hits. If that one succeeds (and don't forget to account for dodge dice penalties for dodging multiple attacks), you become bound and must roll Strength + Body vs 7 to get free.

Alfred

You slow yourself in the outer vault, looking around for a suitable weapon. You find one almost instantly, a large sword with a plain hilt laying among the boxes. You can feel the power on it even as you get near, and taking it into your hand sends a jolt down your arm. The sword almost seems to crackle with lightning as you draw it from the scabbard, and the letters +VLFBERH+T are inscribed on the blade. It seemed serviceable, to say the least.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Phys Init 14+4d6
CURRENT INIT:25

10k did not even begin to cover adequate compensation for this bullshit. Marcina runs for the van, making a wave at albert picking a...holy poo poo, sword.

Sorry folks. There's not much I can do here.

• Locked thread