Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

alcharagia posted:

level up a gremlin to level 14 and you win

where would i find a gremlin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

rediscover posted:

where would i find a gremlin?

in places. not that far really, somewhere between minotaur and medusa. i ran into a loving billion of them so i figured you already knew, sorry

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
yeah pretty sure you can find them in that hallway with the terminal.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
You can also fuse one.

Strogii X Angel
or
Centaur X Bilwis

are two cheap fusions for it.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is Mara in Persona Q?

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

FauxGateau posted:

Is Mara in Persona Q?

It is rated M, so I'll assume yes.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Rated M for Mara.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lil chibi dickwagon having a good ol time with all the friends.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

FauxGateau posted:

Is Mara in Persona Q?

Is it ever not in Persona? :classiclol:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alder posted:

Is it ever not in Persona? :classiclol:

She wasn't in either Persona 2 game. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The little dangley bit on the Q is Mara, obviously.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Isn't one of the new features of PQ being able to change the Persona of teammates? Because I think Yosuke needs to spend some quality time with Mara.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Persona_Q_Personas

No Mara in the game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Orpheus Telos, Magatsu-Izanagi, and Thanatos are DLC, the latter two being paid. Interesting.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Kaguya is also free DLC.

Dehry posted:

No Mara in the game.

Somehow I doubt the Personas just... end at level 50 until Zeus at 93. Pretty clear the list there is incomplete.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't one of the new features of PQ being able to change the Persona of teammates? Because I think Yosuke needs to spend some quality time with Mara.

everybody gets their base persona, and then a sub-persona you can change. it's basically subclassing from etrian odyssey.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Why is Q rated M anyways? Hard to believe the chibi game gets rated harsher than the regular ones.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yoya posted:

Why is Q rated M anyways? Hard to believe the chibi game gets rated harsher than the regular ones.

Normal Persona games are M as well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

everybody gets their base persona, and then a sub-persona you can change. it's basically subclassing from etrian odyssey.

I see. So it's not as loose as the Wild Card system from the main games, makes sense I guess. I've not played an Etrian Odyssey game, so I'm not super familiar with the system, but it's nice they are letting us have some custom control over teammates. Also in that wikia link, it shows Fuuka's second Persona as having weaknesses and immunities, which means we will get to take her out in the field most likely. That's cool, I've always liked Fuuka a lot more than most people seem to.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone hit me up with suggestions on what SMT games are worth playing?

I've played and loved p3 and p4, and I played Devil Survivor 1 and SMT4 as well and thought they were pretty good. Never played any of the others. I have access to all consoles except PSP and Vita.

I was thinking I'd try out Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne maybe? Is Devil Summoner 2 better than those?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

Can someone hit me up with suggestions on what SMT games are worth playing?

I've played and loved p3 and p4, and I played Devil Survivor 1 and SMT4 as well and thought they were pretty good. Never played any of the others. I have access to all consoles except PSP and Vita.

I was thinking I'd try out Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne maybe? Is Devil Summoner 2 better than those?

DDS and Nocturne are both pretty good jumping in point.

The Raidou games are pretty good. Obviously, play them in order because the second game improves on the first by a lot.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Yoya posted:

Did you see the opening movie with the bleeding tears shadow ladies? It has a cutesy exterior, but Persona 4 is a murder mystery with multiple homicides and Persona 3 is themed around mass suicide and death cults. These are just as dark as the cannibal holocaust Digital Devil Saga or Apocalypse Shin Megami Tensei titles

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Jmcrofts posted:

Soul Hackers or King Abaddon? Both are Devil Summoner 2 but different Devil Summoner 2s!

Soul Hackers is nowhere near as good as either. King Abaddon is considered by most people here to be like the absolute pinnacle of SMT though.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Nocturne is fun. Hard as nails in some places, and getting through some dungeons is like pulling teeth, but hee-hoo punching gods feels good.

DDS is like Nocturne in combat mechanics, although some spells have been rebalanced. You have a very customizable cannibal party instead of demons, and the game has a character-driven plot, so your party will be reshuffled all the loving time. Oh, and you need both games since DDS1 ends with a cliffhanger and DDS2 resumes minutes after that.

DS2 is a different beast, with a very hands-on approach to battles. There's also a lot of legwork, questioning, mind reading and generally using your demons as investigation tools and not as fusion fodder (but that too). DS1 let/required you to send demons on solo trips.

All three options have great soundtracks, if you're tired of the generic upbeat tunes of P3 and 4.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BottledBodhisvata posted:

These are just as dark as the cannibal holocaust Digital Devil Saga or Apocalypse Shin Megami Tensei titles

No they aren't, you drama queen.

Yoya posted:

The Persona more than any other reason. There's no real violent content in the game or even sexual beyond dialogue. I'd bet there's more than a few monsters resembling penises just like P3 and P4 which is what keeps those games from being a T.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 12, 2014

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

No they aren't, you drama queen.

I think he was joking Beef Waifu

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's not.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

The Persona more than any other reason. There's no real violent content in the game or even sexual beyond dialogue. I'd bet there's more than a few monsters resembling penises just like P3 and P4 which is what keeps those games from being a T.

It's weird since Q and SMT4 are rated 12 in Euroland.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Maybe they kept the tits on Satan? PEGI doesn't mind them as much as ESRB.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sodium Chloride posted:

It's weird since Q and SMT4 are rated 12 in Euroland.

I dunno how things go down in Europe, but here in god's one true country we do not appreciate dicks or tits. So yeah, we're basically the worst. Also SMTIV's super tame compared to like Nocturne where wanton murder of things resembling humans happens like every place you go to. Honestly since half of SMTIV is just character sprites they were probably able to get away with a lot on ratings boards except for us where it still got an M.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
high-impact sexual violence.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think he was joking Beef Waifu

The respective maturity levels of the sub-series of Shin Megami Tensei is no laughing matter, friend

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SelenicMartian posted:

Rated M for Mara.

Has there even been any SMT games with Mara or some equivalent penis monster that hasn't gotten an M rating? Or the opposite, I guess.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The ones that weren't released outside of Japan, duh.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
What SMT game hasn't been rated M in America?

*Edit* And just as I post this I remember the P4 Arenas are Teen.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

The ones that weren't released outside of Japan, duh.

Well fine, smart guy. <:mad:> Have there been any localized games without dick demons then?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Has there even been any SMT games with Mara or some equivalent penis monster that hasn't gotten an M rating? Or the opposite, I guess.
Mara is in the Snow Queen Quest, and the PSP version that included it was still just T. Hell, the final boss didn't even bump things up from that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona Q is still a persona game. It gets dark.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm hoping the models in PQ look better in game because they look like rear end in all the pics/ trailers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dehry posted:

Persona Q is still a persona game. It gets dark.

Yeah and like every new Persona game, it gets silly and laughable when it tries to get dark because it doesn't do it well.