Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
[4:43:43 PM] Wade: You will not believe what I have to do to make this episode work. It's stupid.
[4:44:16 PM] Wade: I'm literally rerecording it.
[4:44:22 PM] burkion: ...
[4:44:43 PM] Wade: I can't export it, so I have to play and record it in audacity

You should all love Wade the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man, I'm glad I'm just Voice #3 and not the editor.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ok, it's fixed guys. Delete the old one and redownload it. Thank you so much for being patient with me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SpazmasterX posted:

I just bookended my collection for a couple months. :v:

There really are no words for how jealous I am. I missed getting a Megazord by mere days, and out of glumness passed on the DragonZord and Titanus.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You need a Shogun Mega Falconzord to jam in one of them.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

greatn posted:

I just got my Legacy Titanus and I'm a little pissed at myself for not thinking to try my Ninja Megazord in it. Of course, I'll be surprised if it fits thanks to how much smaller the Legacy Megazord is compared to the 1993 version, so the Ninja Megazord probably won't fit.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

greatn posted:

Ok

(ugh I really need to dust)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
So I am watching 34 of ToQger and the whole marriage thing with Akira and Mio is creeping me out because we learned that the 5 rangers are still like 8 like 3 episodes ago.

It seems like a really weird place to put this episode; so close to that reveal makes it fresh in my mind which makes me view the whole thing like it's...kind of creepy?

EDIT; As I watch the episode it's honestly not that creepy because Mio is pretty not into it so it ends out okay. Ignore me.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 30, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Stallion Cabana posted:

So I am watching 34 of ToQger and the whole marriage thing with Akira and Mio is creeping me out because we learned that the 5 rangers are still like 8 like 3 episodes ago.

It seems like a really weird place to put this episode; so close to that reveal makes it fresh in my mind which makes me view the whole thing like it's...kind of creepy?

EDIT; As I watch the episode it's honestly not that creepy because Mio is pretty not into it so it ends out okay. Ignore me.

Yeah, Mio is like "Hell naw", Akira is interpreting everything hyper-literally, and at the end of the day the creepy adult falls for the one adult ToQger.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Tell me more about how we always have five :kheldragar:

Well if they ever want to make it a 5-man team, first red can come back as the space ranger and brings a coast guard ranger with him.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

jivjov posted:

Yeah, Mio is like "Hell naw", Akira is interpreting everything hyper-literally, and at the end of the day the creepy adult falls for the one adult ToQger.

Just watched it. The first half of that episode would have been borderline hosed up regardless of Mio's age, just because of the creepiness of the dude. But then the show turned it around in a way that only this show could.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Someday, Tokacchi will figure out how to express his feelings without savagely beating Shadows to death :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just wanted to let everyone know that SA's home-grown Power Rangers review podcast, Podcasters With Attitude now has a Facebook page. So far there's not much there, but we're hoping it'll be a more convenient place to get fan feedback, and if we get a decent enough community, we may run some manner of contests or giveaways or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jivjov posted:

Just wanted to let everyone know that SA's home-grown Power Rangers review podcast, Podcasters With Attitude now has a Facebook page. So far there's not much there, but we're hoping it'll be a more convenient place to get fan feedback, and if we get a decent enough community, we may run some manner of contests or giveaways or something.

I'll probably follow your twitter, but I am too ashamed of being a grown man with a wife and kid who watches power rangers when he gets the weekend to himself to follow on facebook.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I fell out of following Super Megaforce but decided to catch back up. The last episode I saw was the one where Prince Vekar got killed and they got the ultimate combination with the Turbo Falconzord.

The following episodes were...interesting, because they're not Gokaiger episodes at all, they're the final Goseiger episodes. The premise is Vrak comes back, kidnaps Orion and uses his life force to reprogram Robo Knight and (somehow) turns the Legendary Ranger Keys to stone.

So they at least tried to explain why Vrak could use their powers (he's drawing from Orion's life force) although it definitely isn't as satisfying as how things originally went down in Goseiger. Having Vrak's monsters be just regular monsters instead of Headders like the Goseigers had also detracts a bit from that.

Also there was apparently a Robo Knight key? I don't feel like watching more Power Rangers tonight but apparently they get back on track with the Gokaiger stuff the episode after Vrak is defeated. I have no idea why they decided to put these episodes here instead of finishing off Megaforce with them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

I'll probably follow your twitter, but I am too ashamed of being a grown man with a wife and kid who watches power rangers when he gets the weekend to himself to follow on facebook.

PWA solemnly promises to never divulge to your family that you are a Power Rangers nerd.

Seriously though, get your kid watching Power Rangers. The good stuff, not Super Megaforce.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Get your kids to watch and love Stoner Werewolf.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's only 1.5

Hey when are they going to have a baby ranger.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

greatn posted:

He's only 1.5

Hey when are they going to have a baby ranger.

I did a GIS on this and found a picture from a website called diapermates.com.

Do not visit this website.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
At the very least we could start to see characters who are children of the original group of rangers. It's been 20 years there's bound to be a few out there. I don't trust them not to gently caress it up like Spike but it could be an interesting arc. The whole how can I measure up to the greatest heroes sort of thing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fezz posted:

At the very least we could start to see characters who are children of the original group of rangers. It's been 20 years there's bound to be a few out there. I don't trust them not to gently caress it up like Spike but it could be an interesting arc. The whole how can I measure up to the greatest heroes sort of thing.

Hey, Bridge was the son of TimeRed :getin:

And Magired son of Udonna.

greatn fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 13, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I keep wanting them to bring back Billy as an in-universe Bill Gates type dude who applied zordon tech to computers or whatever. He could be the mentor to a new tech team.

Of course, it's unlikely that he ever would do this for plot and IRL reasons, but it'd be cool. Alternatively I would accept Cam in this concept.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Given how much of a shithead Haim Saban is, Billy most likely contracted Morphin GRID on Aquitar and died.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

It's terrible because if they went that route Dino Charge's Sentai Counterpart, Kyoryuger is basically perfectly set up for that style of character, especially Billy. All the mechs are dinosaurs again, they use batteries to power their weapons, and their wise mentor character even gets to turn into an actual ranger near the end of the series.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's terrible because if they went that route Dino Charge's Sentai Counterpart, Kyoryuger is basically perfectly set up for that style of character, especially Billy. All the mechs are dinosaurs again, they use batteries to power their weapons, and their wise mentor character even gets to turn into an actual ranger near the end of the series.

So expect Tommy to come back again is what you are saying?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
How does Billy feel about trains?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Light Gun Man posted:

So expect Tommy to come back again is what you are saying?

Tommy's MMA 'background' would make him the perfect Akira/ToQ6 instead.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjK_kSw1_uY

This is still one of the most amusing KR-related videos I've seen.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Saban has this weird embracing but shyness from their own legacy. They clearly care about it, but not willing to put in the effort to actually INCLUDE it. It's frustrating as hell :rant:.

WHY WAS THERE NO SOLARIS CHANGE IN SUPER MEGAFORCE? YOU HAD THE FOOTAGE, YOU COULD HAVE DUBBED OVER IT :argh:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Because they wanted to use Wolf Warrior instead despite not being a sixth Ranger and them having to shoot extra footage of Orion using the key because Marvelous is the one who originally used it in Gokaiger and arghblargh...

It's like Saban puts effort into being this stupid.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I still don't understand why in the hell Goseiger and Gokaiger had to be clumped together. Why was it so difficult to have the MegaForce Rangers be space pirates? Don't get me wrong, I really like the majority of this team (Not a fan of Troy or Jake), but those two Sentai seasons are so different that mixing the footage seems really jarring to me. They've had to do crazy stuff with the episode order, too, and they half-assed the whole "tribute season" aspect.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Solaris Knight posted:

Saban has this weird embracing but shyness from their own legacy. They clearly care about it, but not willing to put in the effort to actually INCLUDE it. It's frustrating as hell :rant:.

WHY WAS THERE NO SOLARIS CHANGE IN SUPER MEGAFORCE? YOU HAD THE FOOTAGE, YOU COULD HAVE DUBBED OVER IT :argh:

Wasn't that the Megaranger episode? With Basco as the baddie, nope. I think its more glaring they never fit in any Lightspeed Rescue.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

Wasn't that the Megaranger episode? With Basco as the baddie, nope. I think its more glaring they never fit in any Lightspeed Rescue.

Yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine, too. Like I'm sure they will find some way to shoehorn Tommy in somehow but there are other Rangers and teams that people like. Having Casey come back was cool, but it's been a long time since we had a true, full tribute episode.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

At this point, I like to pretend that Power Rangers ended after RPM.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Maybe Dino Charge won't be irredeemable poo poo, who knows. By the by, JDF said the finale of Super Megaforce will be the 22nd so set your DVRs if you haven't.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Stallion Cabana posted:

Tommy's MMA 'background' would make him the perfect Akira/ToQ6 instead.

Whatever his new career is I sure hope it's something he couldn't have possibly mastered in the off screen years. Oh yeah I'm a race car driver and also went to dinosaur college and got a teaching position what about it?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

By the by, JDF said the finale of Super Megaforce will be the 22nd so set your DVRs if you haven't.

Wait, November 22? As in, next week? There were 14 episodes between Akdos Gill dying and the end! And they're gonna cram all that into three friggin' episodes?

That's just...I don't know. I just don't know.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wait, November 22? As in, next week? There were 14 episodes between Akdos Gill dying and the end! And they're gonna cram all that into three friggin' episodes?

That's just...I don't know. I just don't know.

No one said they were gonna be good episodes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

At this point they should keep the endfight the same and cut to Gosei handwaving an unseen power every half a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Zedd posted:

At this point they should keep the endfight the same and cut to Gosei handwaving an unseen power every half a second.

So basically the rest of Super Megaforce condensed into about 2 minutes?

Seriously would it have taken that much effort to explain that there were more Power Rangers before the first team? That would have given them a better reason for using them than just saying that they were NEW POWERS!