Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Marcina nopes out, fleeing from the loading dock and climbing into the back of Sparrow's van.

Initiative
36 Sparrow
30 Alfred
27 Blood Spirit 1
26 Blood Spirit 2
25 Marcina

18 Kenneth
18 Air Spirit

14 Gabriel

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

EDGE: 0/2
Physical: 0/12
Stun: 0/9
Overflow: 0/9

Kenneth draws his trusty Rugar thinks about what he's doing and the sound it's gonna make for zero time in his odd panic and aims at the blood spirit, growling into the comm, <<What the gently caress? This is bull poo poo!>> He fires at the blood spirit nearest him, as Marcina runs out.

Pistols10d6t5: 1

malikial fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 16, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Air Spirit

The sudden forty degree drop in temperature in the vault coincides with the air spirit's arrival. The falcon buzzes right over Gabriel and banks around one of the blood spirits, causing visible ice crystals to grow out of it.

Attacking blood spirit 1 with elemental attack. 12 P (cold), -6 AP, 9 Agi + 6 exotic ranged. Energy aura means that if they hit him with a melee attack they get auto hit by 12P (cold), -6 AP. Cold just means that if they have any armor, they have to make a simple armor test and if they get no hits then the armor breaks and they lose it. Not that it really matter with these guys I think.
Spirit Elemental Attack: 15d6t5 5 GET SOME

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Kenneth's large revolver roars, the sound echoing through the room outside the vaults. The shot flies true, however, the huge slug burying itself into the spirit currently in melee with Gabriel. There was no way the guards didn't hear that. As the bullet eats into the spirit, a humongous bird swoops inside the vaults. With a screech, it plummets its way through both mana barriers, almost shattering its way through them. Then it circles on the blood spirit that was just shot, and the thing turns into a blood-statue of frost before shattering across the floor into the blood on the floor. Chunks of frozen blood glisten in the liquid, Gabriel still firmly stuck in it.

Initiative
36 Sparrow
30 Alfred
27 Blood Spirit 1
26 Blood Spirit 2
25 Marcina
18 Kenneth
18 Air Spirit

17 Double-Tap
14 Gabriel

13 Guards

Kenneth

I'm gonna assume the following things: first, the thing you're shooting at is in melee with Gabriel, giving it -3 DP to defend. Second, you're using your smartlink wireless bonus for +2 DP. Third, since SS is a Simple Action, I'm going to assume you spent the other Simple Action to Take Aim, adding +1 DP, for a total of 13 DP. I'm also assuming you're firing APDS, because what else would you load a Warhawk with.

You plant a round firmly in the thing, and it takes a good chunk out of one of its arms. The blood removed from the round falls into the puddle on the floor, blending back into it.

Firing At the spirit 13d6Cgte5: 4, Potential Damage: 10DP, -6 AP
Dodge 13d6Cgte5: 3
Soak 16d6Cgte5: 4+3 Auto-Hits, 3 damage.

Sparrow

The blood spirit tries to dodge the spirit's attack, but in vain: the freezing blast of... whatever magical energy that was completely freezes the thing, and it shatters into the pool of blood on the floor.

Potential Damage: 17P (Cold), -6 AP, Magical
Dodge 12d6Cgte5: 3
Soak 10d6Cgte5: 2, 12 damage.

Double-Tap

Initiative 2d6+11: 19, can't be higher that 18 since they just went, though.

Standing in the kitchen, you hear a single round of gunfire ring out from the other end of the building. It's loud, though, a huge gun going off somewhere up there.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 16, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Double Tap Edge: 4/7

"You hear that?"

DT turns to look behind the guard - and as soon as he turns to look, grabs the guard's taser from his holster and zaps him in the back with it.

Edged Palming: 11d6h5 2
Zzzzzzzzzzap!: 11d6t5 5

[ This has gone pear-shaped; time to go. Sparrow, pick me up in the back, or should I circle around to you? ]

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Double-Tap

You grab the taser and fire it right into Xavier's back, but his armor offers more protection than anyone would have guessed. It still shocks him, though, and he gives you a betrayed look as his legs wobble and he falls to his rear end from the jolt.

Everyone

Initiative
36 Sparrow
30 Alfred
27 Blood Spirit 1
26 Blood Spirit 2
25 Marcina
18 Kenneth
18 Air Spirit
17 Double-Tap

14 Gabriel
13 Guards

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 16, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 0/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun:7/11

Dodging Blood Spirit's 7-hit attack - Full Defense: 15d6t5 4
Absorbing damage from 1st Blood Spirit attack: 16d6t5 4
11 - 4 = 7 stun since no armor penetration?

Dodging 2nd Blood Spirit's 3-hit touch atk- Full Defense: 12d6t5 3

Gabriel swore loudly, this wasn't how he'd pictured things going...

Immobilized, not sure whether still able to banish or not. If not then I rolled the escape roll as well

Banishing Blood Spirit #2: 9d6t5 3
Attempting to break free - lol: 4d6t5 0

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Gabriel, grabbed by the remaining spirit, turns and stares the thing down. With a few small words on Gabriel's part, the thing cries out as if in pain and visibly shudders. Then things go bad: Hardline comes on the comms. <<Oh poo poo, they called the cops. And, uh, someone else. Not sure who, but police response time says three minutes. We gonna be done by then, or we hosed? Looks like three of the guards are headed your way, too, with shotguns. You got maybe two or three seconds.>> You can hear the sound of running feet through the hallway.

Gabriel

The thing shrieks, its grip tight on your shoulder, as you pull your magic into the forefront of your mind and try to cast the thing out of the world. It's almost defenseless in front of you, and you rip energy from the spirit with your banishing, pulling power out of it in a contest of magical might. This wasn't Aztlan, and you weren't dealing with this poo poo.

You have to resist Drain from banishing; it's a minimum 2 since the spirit managed zero hits on its dice. That's physical damage since it's got Force 8. Since you just faced down and nearly outright banished a blood spirit, regain one edge.

Double-Tap

Xavier, from the floor of the kitchen, pulls out his Predator and fires it at you.

Pistol Attack 7d6Cgte5: 2, Potential Damage: 10 DP, -2 AP

Initiative
26 Sparrow
20 Alfred
16 Blood Spirit 2
15 Marcina
8 Kenneth
8 Air Spirit
7 Double-Tap
3 Guards
-6 Gabriel

Everyone mark one karma for getting through an entire phase in like 25 hours.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 16, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 1/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun:7/11

Resist Drain - Banishment: 9d6t5 3

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sparrow Edge: 3/3

The link between spirit and summoner gives Sparrow a distinct sense of triumph. "Hell yeah, sir! Get some!" She starts up the car and takes control without missing a beat.

<< ay yo im kickin this thing on since the gigs up >>
<< get the stuff and get your sweet asses back here asap >>

The rigger pulls a grenade from her jacket and smiles to herself.

e: simple action start the car, simple action to ready a HE hand grenade

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 16, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Alfred sheathes his katana, and starts grabbing stuff from around the room.

<<You heard the lady, everyone. Grab what you can. Double-tap, sit-rep? I'd prefer to get out of here without having to hurt the guards.>>

Simple Action: sheathe katana
Simple Action: grab stuff, including sword
Free action: start moving the gently caress out

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

When Alfred disarms himself and starts grabbing at items, the Blood Spirit turns its full attention to him. It releases Gabriel in an instant and flies toward Alfred, releasing a spray of blood all over Gabriel and Alfred alike. The noxious spray is almost like an acid filling the air. around the two. Kenneth watches all of this go down while Sparrow starts the car and Marcina... hides in the van. Gabriel has the Blood Spirit between the first editions and himself, but he's got the manuscript tucked into his jacket.

(Updated Map. I didn't realize how bad imgur was compressing/shrinking them; let's try a new host.)

Alfred and Gabriel

Gabriel, you're now free. The Breath Weapon atomizes and hits both of you.

Its attack roll was 7 hits. Roll against that to dodge. If you fail, make a Toxin Resistance Test (Body + Willpower + any gear). The Toxin has power 8, modified to 10 for Gabriel since he has Weak Immune System :v:. Each point you make on the Resistance roll reduces its power by one. At the end of this turn, you take whatever power is left in Stun Damage. You are also Nauseated at the end of this Turn if it has power left, doubling all of your wound modifiers for the next ten minutes. Additionally, if the total Power (after Resistance reduction) is greater than your willpower, you are incapacitated with vomiting and dizziness for 3 Combat Turns.

Initiative
26 Sparrow
20 Alfred
16 Blood Spirit 2

15 Marcina
8 Kenneth
8 Air Spirit
7 Double-Tap
3 Guards
-6 Gabriel

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 16, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

I am eight kinds of retarded, and missed the word "nearly" in QN's post. Totally thought the blood spirit was banished.

In the midsts of looting the room, Alfred realizes that the blood spirit wasn't as incapacitated as he thought it was at first as it begins its spray attack. He dives behind the wall, just in time to miss being showered.

Dodge roll against toxic spray: 12d6t5 7

Edge reroll on failures of toxic spray dodge: 5d6t5 2

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 16, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

DT moves deftly to the side as he fires; the bullet manages to rip the side of the uniform, just grazing the Runner without hitting!

Dodge: 11d6t5 2

"Nothing personal, but I need you out."

One more zap'll do it.

Zzzzzzzzzzap! Again!: 11d6t5 4

[@Other_Guards Someone who looked like me just attacked Xavier and ran out the front. They're dressed like guards! Check your partner, make sure it's who they're supposed to be! ]

Impersonation: 12d6t5 8
Jesus christ

[@Team I'm trying to run interception and confusion here. Circling around to the garage from outside. It's time to go! Better to leave without the first editions then to not leave at all! ]

DT moves over and starts to open the door to get the hell out.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 16, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), Invis on Alfred (3 hits)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6
CURRENT INIT:25
Marcina slams the door and cowers in the passenger side seat, as she pulls out her assault rifle. <<Guys, remember, if we die here, we don't get paid.>> She did her part, right?

Leadership roll. Anyone who wants it (probably gabe) can take Four free dice

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 16, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 0/1 Physical: 2/9 Stun:11/11

Dodging Blood Spirit breath attack: 12d6t5 5
Dodging Blood Spirit breath attack - Second Chance: 7d6t5 0
Resisting Toxin: 7d6t5 1

Mechanics question: Is Gabriel at -4 wound modifier from 13 boxes of damage or -3 wound modifier from stun track and 0 from physical so far? Before taking nauseated into account of course.

Gabriel is hit hard by the attack and falls to the floor, expelling the contents of his stomach.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 17, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

While Alfred ducks behind the wall and dodges the incoming blood spray, Gabriel doesn't fare so well. The toxin soaks through his skin, and he falls down, first vomiting and then blacking out on the floor. He's got the manuscript under his jacket, but it isn't clear where the first editions are: he was the only one who knew. The air spirit is still in the inner vault, circling and flying, and Kenneth is in a position to help out.

@Arkangelus: The 10 stun damage wasn't including hits. You took a total of 9 Stun damage, putting you at 5 Phys, 11 Stun. The tracks do count separately, however, putting you at a total of -8 for ongoing actions when you wake up.

Initiative
26 Sparrow
20 Alfred
16 Blood Spirit 2
15 Marcina

8 Kenneth
8 Air Spirit

7 Double-Tap
3 Guards
Unconscious - Gabriel

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 17, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
I'm confused, isn't it 2 stun per 1 physical when overflowing from stun to physical tracks? Also lol at Gabriel having the only stim patches.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Arkangelus posted:

I'm confused, isn't it 2 stun per 1 physical when overflowing from stun to physical tracks? Also lol at Gabriel having the only stim patches.

Whoops, you're right. Disregard.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 17, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Air Spirit

The falcon lets out a piercing shriek as it swoops in on the blood spirit, buffeting it with its wings and sending razor sharp frozen feathers flying in its direction.

Same thing, 12P (cold), -6 AP
Air Spirit Elemental Attack: 15d6t5 4
e: edged Spirit Edge: 11d6t5 5 bloods spirits gettin dunked on itt

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 17, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

The falcon's shriek is fierce, but its frozen feathers fiercer: much like the last blood spirit, this one is struck by multiple glass-like feathers made of pure ice and frost. The feathers slice it deep, and the frost spreads across its surface just like the previous spirit. It shatters into a few hundred small chunks, arranged in a pile across the floor. The blood pooled does not recede, still a quarter-inch deep and soaking half of Gabriel's unconscious body. The crisis momentarily averted, your team had a small window to gather everything up and wash out before the situation somehow gets worse.

(Map's about the same, except now the second spirit is gone.)

Initiative
26 Sparrow
20 Alfred
15 Marcina
8 Air Spirit

8 Kenneth
7 Double-Tap
3 Guards
Unconscious - Gabriel

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

I got enough move to run to the van, or am I like, in mid-run at this point?

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

EDGE: 0/2
Physical: 0/12
Stun: 0/9
Overflow: 0/9

Still in his odd sort of silent panic mode, Ken continues to aim carefully with his revolver and fire at the spirit that is knocking people the gently caress out. He growls into his comm, <<Why did you run? We need help in here.>> His voice is a stone rigid sound.

Pistols 13d6t5: 5

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Uh, DT is running to you. I've been at the bottom part of the map. I'm circling around the outside. Also there's no more spirit.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 19, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Double-Tap knocks Xavier unconcious and starts bolting for the van, spinning yet another more lies for the guards. They start arguing over the comms, and then you hear a scuffle punctuated by the blast of a shotgun. One of them says, "We took out Jim, he was the only other one outside. Jorge, where are you? Sounds like you got the dude who was pretending to be Xavier."

The captain comes on the line, then. "It's likely they hacked our cameras, if we didn't notice them snatch Xavier. I've put in calls with the police and with the owner, who is calling the Angel. Angel's getting ready now, police should be here in about five minutes. Pablo, Lance, get up to the vault and see what's going on. I'll stay here with Victor, make sure things go smooth."

@Malikial, both spirtis are down. I delayed your action to keep things moving; take it whenever.
@ProfessorCirno: It will take you about 8 Combat Turns to get up to the van on foot, not counting sprinting tests. Each box on the map is one meter, and your Running is 10/Turn. Also, if you're headed for the van, you technically _are_ running away.

New map

Initiative
DELAYED Kenneth
16 Sparrow
10 Alfred
05 Marcina
-2 Air Spirit
-3 Double-Tap
-7 Guards
Unconscious - Gabriel

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Hey sir," Sparrow calls out vocally to her spirit, "do me a solid and drag anyone that's knocked out back to the van."

She rattles out a few messages as she orders her combat drones in towards the vault.

<< yo whos in the vault >>
<< cmon cmon get the stuff and move it >>
<< sounds like we got dudes comin so im gonna have the rotos come in and screen the retreat >>

two simple actions for micromanaging my minions. bird carries gabe, drones go inside

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

<<Okay, second verse, same as the first. Flyboy has Gabriel, Kenneth gimme a hand with emptying everything out of this vault ASAP. Then let's book hard. If some mage has some juju left, you might wanna make a loud peel out sound from out front, make them think we've left from there already.>>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina

Marcina ignores the obvious answer to Kenneth's question (Because she didn't want to be eaten alive). <<Will do!>>

Will cast trid phantasm when i get back from work today, or QN can roll if it if he wants

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 19, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

The Air Spirit picks up Gabriel and swoops out of the vault, headed for the van, while Alfred gets to work grabbing stuff from the outer vault and coaxing Kenneth into helping him.

@Thanatosian: What, exactly, are you looting from the vault? Everything you can carry, or what? You don't exactly know where the first editions are, and the guy who does is unconscious and being carried off by a... bird.

@Ronwayne: You need LOS on the front to do that.

Initiative
DELAYED Kenneth
16 Sparrow
10 Alfred
05 Marcina
-2 Air Spirit
-3 Double-Tap
-7 Guards
Unconscious - Gabriel

Next Turn's Initiative Rolls
Alfred: Initiative 4d6+12: 27
Kenneth: Initiative 3d6+8: 26
Air Spirit 6: Initiative 2d6+16: 22
Sparrow: Initiative 5d6+10: 21
Double-Tap: Initiative 2d6+11: 17
Marcina: Initiative 1d6+7: 10, not sure if that's the right roll...

Initiative
27 Alfred
26 Kenneth
22 Air Spirit 6
21 Sparrow
18 Guards
17 Double-Tap
10 Marcina
Unconscious - Gabriel

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

QuantumNinja posted:

Everyone
@Thanatosian: What, exactly, are you looting from the vault? Everything you can carry, or what? You don't exactly know where the first editions are, and the guy who does is unconscious and being carried off by a... bird.
Yup. You did say Kenneth & I could just haul it out and sort it later, right?

EDIT: Did you want a lifting roll from us? If so, can I strength boost it (half-action)?

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 19, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Kenneth, just grab as much as you can and get back here, now!"

<< kenneth >>
<< just grab as much as you can and get back here >>
<< now >>

Such were the dangers of utilizing speech-to-text to facilitate multitasking. Sparrow whips out a second grenade as she mashes on the big red ABORT button on the RCC AR panel.

first ip: reacalling all fly spies as a simple action, readying my second HE grenade I guess (double fisting???)
second ip: directing Kenneth for lifting or running to get his rear end back to the van
Directing Kennth w/ Leadership: 6d6t5 1 have fun with your new +1 bonus, don't spend it all in one place :thumbsup:

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@Thanatosian: Actually you have to pass through the mana barriers, which risk deactivating your boosts. But you can lift/carry about 260 pounds base, so I'm not worried. You grab about two hundred pounds of boxes from the inner vault, so does Kenneth, that's pretty much the next week's auction items. Sort it out later, indeed.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
DT's gonna just keep running I guess!

Also either I caused enough confusion that the guards just murdered one of their own...or THERE ACTUALLY WAS A SECOND INFILTRATOR.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6
CURRENT INIT:29

<<Okay guys, I got you covered, get in!>>

New roll up top, I don't think my reflexes spell ever dropped, so I'm guessing I go last and first. Anyways, blasting any guards that come around the corner with Opium den

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

Kenneth begins grabbing things that look valuable and then runs back to the van. "No problem, poo poo this kinda went rear end up." He grumbles as he dives into van with things.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

I'm assuming Kenneth and Alfred used their actions to load poo poo into the van, after spending their last ones to pick it all up.

The FlySpys are neatly stacked away in the back of the van, safe in their racks, and Sparrow's got a hand grenade ready, while Marcina pulls forth a spell and holds it in her mind, keeping her eyes on the large roll-up door into the building around Alfred and Kenneth. The two trolls come barreling out and into hte back of the van, each with nine or ten boxes of goods from the inner vault, their broad troll-arms almost comically full. A lot of them have strange signatures of energy coming off of them, and their collective presence in the back of the van is like the low hum of a powered speaker playing no music. They get into the van safely, hoping one of the boxes contains the first editions, whatever they were worth after this cluster-gently caress.

The van, and anything within two meters of it, has Background Count 2 until it is unloaded. This means all sustained spells are reduced by 2 Force.

Then something erupts, screaming and bright, from one of the balconies of the high-rise apartments to the north. It's some sort of automatic weapon, magdumping into the driver-side door of the van.

Sparrow needs to defend against against 7 hits, at a total modifier of -3 (-5 for Burst-Fire Complex, +4 for Good Cover in the vehicle, -2 for being seated in the vehicle). If Sparrow fails, I need a soak roll against 12 DV / -7 AP. The van's armor counts toward it, so it's Sparrow's Body + Armor + 5 (+12 from the van, - 7 from AP).

Immediately afterwards, the air spirit dives into the back of the van, dropping Gabriel's unconscious form in the back and landing behind the driver's seat. The large bird-shaped thing posts up, ready to help get the van moving or do anything else that might help. And Double-Tap's in the open to the south, jogging toward the vehicle...

Initiative
Readied Action - Marcina
27 Alfred
26 Kenneth
26 The Angel
22 Air Spirit 6

21 Sparrow
18 Guards
17 Double-Tap
Unconscious - Gabriel

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 20, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sparrow Edge: 3 -> 1/3 Phys: 0/9 Stun: 0 -> 3/10 Penalty: -2

As the payload is pushed into the back of the van, the light distorts around the driver's seat slightly. "Invisibility's still holding up, but just barely. Ain't gonna be - "

Sparrow shouts over the sound of the impacting bullets and tries to pull the van around towards Double-Tap. The mage lets out a pained grunt as she looks towards the rooftops. "Get that little rear end in a top hat!" Is her shrill war cry. She mashes on her control panel as her spirit takes to the air. The drones follow along with the van, their video feeds zooming in on the location of the muzzle flares.

Driving south in the van to get me angled away from the shots maybe and get closer to Double Tap, I'll use complex next ip to maintain control. In the mean time, simple action to order the spirit to single out the shooter and another simple to tell both rotodrones to do suppressing fire on the general location.
Imp. Invis. is force 3 so it's still up
Defense: 7d6t5 2
Second Chance Defense: 5d6t5 2
3 net, 15P -7 AP so 12 armor + 2 bod + 12 car makes for 19 dice.
Soak: 19d6t5 7
Second Chance Soak: 12d6t5 5
pretty sure it's going to the stun track since the total armor was so high
Roto 1 Suppressing Fire: 9d6t5 4
Roto 2 Suppressing Fire: 9d6t5 4 stick your head out fucker i dare you
I'll roll for the spirit sprint/charge to see if he can make it to the guy in one turn.

e: okay scratch the part where I'm hosing down apartments and switching the suppressing fire rolls to clearsight rolls since it's the same dicepool. gonna try and spot him and have the drones come with instead while birdy does his thing

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 21, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

After the gunfire dies down, the van peels out and runs south, toward Double-Tap through the parking lot. Hardline comes over the comms. <<What the gently caress was that? Who's shooting at us? Pick me up on the way out!>>

The guards marked in AR continue their run through the building, hopelessly slow compared to the magical and mechanical reflexes of the team while the rotodrons do their thing. The two collectively pinpoint the appropriate balcony, about twelve stories up. The shooter's got a high-end rifle on a recoil-compensating mount of some persuasion on his balcony, maybe. At the same time, the van closes half the distance to Double-Tap.

The shooter is about 70m from the van, closer to 65 from the rotodrones. He's in partial cover from the balcony railing and stuff. It's Dim Light and Light Wind at that altitude / distance, so combined with the Assault Rifles' range it's -6 DP to shoot at him.

Marcina still hasn't acted this round; she's in the back of the van, and can see north out the back windows. Double-Tap can make a sprinting roll or whatever else, and then we'll start again at the top of initiative.

Initiative
Readied Action - Marcina
27 Alfred
26 Kenneth
26 The Angel
22 Air Spirit 6
21 Sparrow
18 Guards

17 Double-Tap
Unconscious - Gabriel

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 21, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sparrow Edge: 1/3 Phys: 0/9 Stun: 3/10 Penalty: -2

"What do you think I'm doing, genius?" Sparrow screams over the comm channel. "Shut up and let me handle the drat evac!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

[ When I told them someone was infiltrating them to spread confusion, they gunned down one of their own. We MAY have just interrupted a second team's infiltration. ]

I am bad at Running: 4d6t5 3
loving laffo forever, here I am with a billion edge and Orokos decides I never need to use it.

• Locked thread