Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The stats just keep going up. I remember in SYM and HCTP the jobbery guys would be like 70. 83 would be a solid midcarder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

The stats just keep going up. I remember in SYM and HCTP the jobbery guys would be like 70. 83 would be a solid midcarder.

I used to like editing stats to make guys more "real", like giving Nash low grades for submissions and speed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

For interest, everyone who is in HCTP and 2K15, with stats:

Batista: 72 HCTP, 90 2K15
Big Show: 81 HCTP, 87 2K15
Brock Lesnar: 91 HCTP, 94 2K15
Chris Jericho: 85 HCTP, 90/94 2K15
Goldust: 68 HCTP, 86 2K15
John Cena: 75 HCTP, 96 2K15
Kane: 82 HCTP, 90 2K15
Kevin Nash: 83 HCTP, 90 2K15
Randy Orton: 70 HCTP, 92/84 2K15
Rey Mysterio: 74 HCTP, 89 2K15
The Rock: 87 HCTP, 91 2K15
Shawn Michaels: 80 HCTP, 95 2K15
Stone Cold Steve Austin: 85 HCTP, 92 2K15
Triple H: 90 HCTP, 93 2K15
The Undertaker: 85/93 HCTP, 94 2K15

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Wasn't Christian either a 67 or 68 in HCTP?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bhester posted:

Wasn't Christian either a 67 or 68 in HCTP?

69! Rico and Steven Richards were the lowest dude at 63! It was a 30 point spread (63-93) between highest and lowest guys as opposed to this years 14 (82-96).

E: also, Steph McMahon was the lowest OVR woman at 44. I doubt that is still her stat.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 14, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The Bee posted:

I honestly have no idea if this company love or hates Cesaro.

They know what they have with him, no question. He's a solid hand and great for cutting promos on international markets because he knows 5 languages. They just don't have anything for him creatively, and I think a lot of that is probably the HHH/Dunn dichotomy on influencing Vince.

:stare: RUN.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I wish he could just start the Bruderschaft des Kreuzes in the WWE.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Not having a good Diva card in Supercard is screwing me over again. I've had to change my sandbagging strategy to run a tag team and not a Diva, all I have is an Epic Brie that constantly loses to all the Pro UR Paige's and everything else out there.

I really wish I didn't miss that Pro UR Paige prize or whatever it was that gave everyone that card.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I did wonder about the grade deflation in the last-gen version of the game. Might have something to do with MyCareer - if a midcard dude has a role they'd probably want to beef him up a bit.

* e - there are some nice touches with contextual animation this year - Cesaro tugs the ropes and Ambrose leans back in the corner before matches, and when you running strike an opponent next to the cage they hit it instead of inching forward enough to fall down without connecting to it.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 14, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

Not having a good Diva card in Supercard is screwing me over again. I've had to change my sandbagging strategy to run a tag team and not a Diva, all I have is an Epic Brie that constantly loses to all the Pro UR Paige's and everything else out there.

I really wish I didn't miss that Pro UR Paige prize or whatever it was that gave everyone that card.

It was a people's champion reward. I got a Pro UR AJ from the People's Champ before the last one, which still manages to lose to that drat card half the time.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpgev5TgOaA

Two cool features in this video.

1. Bray Wyatt is ring side in his chair
2. Small thing, but I see crowd members walking left/right on the hard camera. Anything I see replicated in a game from real life is always a bonus no matter how small.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Too many cooks! (Too many cooks) Too many cooks! (Too many cooks)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpgev5TgOaA

Two cool features in this video.

1. Bray Wyatt is ring side in his chair
2. Small thing, but I see crowd members walking left/right on the hard camera. Anything I see replicated in a game from real life is always a bonus no matter how small.

The crowd seems insanely better than it has been in previous games. People lean over to talk to each other, lean forward in their seats from time to time, take pictures, etc. I also feel like I see a lot less of the same character model throughout the crowd.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Small annoyance, but it's retarded we can't have a stadium setting for Wrestlemania arenas cause they refuse to animate more than one crowd.

It's next gen, damnit. I want to see a poo poo ton of people in the crowd if the Wrestlemania is in a stadium!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Looking at some videos and all, if MyCareer can honestly deliver on some of it's things I'm kind ok with them cutting other things for it. I like that CAWs look like...the other wrestlers finally, I like career mode poo poo in wrasslin games. I'm bummed about some of the cuts, and I agree it was shady to be all 'oh yea we all were working super hard to get it in until the last minute so that's why we didn't say we probably were gonna cut this poo poo' but I think 2k15 could lay some solid foundations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
One thing that really irks me, as superficial as it may be, is that the current-gen versions are graphically barely discernable from the Xbox 360/PS3 versions. Obviously the gameplay is nearly identical from previous years, and without much of a graphical upgrade we're left with one possibly interesting addition in My Career. That's it. At the expensive of an ungodly amount of content being removed. It's just such a (seemingly) low-effort release, particularly when you look at how good something like the NBA2K series looks on new hardware. I didn't expect the world, but this is far worse that what I would have thought the bare minimum would be.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Trust me dude, I'm playing 2K15 on the PS3 and the models on next gen look much different. The Bray Wyatt model looks pretty bad on Next Gen though compared to PS3/360. the PS4/Xbone one just looks off.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

KungFu Grip posted:

Trust me dude, I'm playing 2K15 on the PS3 and the models on next gen look much different. The Bray Wyatt model looks pretty bad on Next Gen though compared to PS3/360. the PS4/Xbone one just looks off.

That's good to hear, because even on the highest resolution videos out right now, it's not impressive in the slightest.

edit: maybe I misread that, you're going by the videos as well? I may just have higher expectations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Like if you don't see a pretty big difference i don't know what to say

there's a lot you can knock the new generation version for, but i don't think character models are it really

even if they're not perfect, they're a huge improvement

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 16, 2014

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They've said themselves that not everybody was scanned to the same extent, though. And having played a demo build myself, I can say the game sure doesn't look like that first screenshot when you're actually playing; that is evidently a very selective, best-case-scenario image. As many writers put out before, it's jarring how good some parts look and how backwards others are.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Yeah I'm speaking strictly of watching these videos that have surfaced of people playing the PS4/Xbox One versions, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two visually. When you're watching full-resolution video of the game and need to double-check the description to make sure that's what you're seeing, it's pretty disappointing. You've got some side-by-side videos out there too which are really groan-inducing.

As deflating as the new UFC was gameplay wise, I'm not seeing the same jump in realism graphically here. Not expecting UFC quality models in a wrestling game, but a comparable jump in quality would be nice.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 16, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There is video of Xavier Woods on this page from PS4/XBONE. In 2K15 on the PS3 Woods skin is lighter and his gear looks washed out. All the models in 2K15 for PS3/360 look like they are missing textures or something. Playing and watching Bray Wyatt in 2K15 on the PS3 i can tell you he looks better than the PS4 version simply because his face is way too wide on the PS4. Big E's model in 2K15 from the same video posted a few posts up looks miles better than him in the PS3 version. The Arena's look more lively and different. A lot is different between 2K15 on PS3 and 2K15 on Next Gen, trust me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

While waiting for a delivery order to get here I watched a vid of some VG youtuber's recording of the first hour of MyCareer mode, which is to say the tutorial matches. There's a different stat spread for the career mode - you get stuff like arm and leg power, an overall strength attribute, and a number that goes into foreign object attacks (in case you really wanted to make Sandman, I guess). Your default finisher (unless it's randomized) is an Alabama Slam but you can change it - there's a pretty good list of moves but the taken ones are obviously off the table, so you can give your guy the Steiner Screwdriver but not a curbstomp or an F5.

The game seems to play significantly differently with the stamina system implemented, at least at low stat levels - I think its relationship to signatures and finishers is going to confuse a lot of people who are expecting typical THQ arcade gameplay. It certainly confused the hell out of the recorder - he didn't do himself any favors by making both his sig and finisher a superkick, and by the time he earned them, his momentum and stamina were so lovely that he couldn't pull them off. Wake-up taunts might circumvent this, though. The guy was not a very good player (and he also insisted on repeatedly referring to his character as a "young boy"). But yeah, it's definitely much slower, some of the new animations were very good (specifically a new snap suplex), and they at least take some measures to ensure that moves don't take place so close to the ropes that the wrestlers slide to avoid clipping them. There was one point at which the guy had a DDT reversed into one of those downward spiral moves and he fell such that his neck hit the ropes, and when he fell to the ground he started clutching his throat. I don't know if that's coincidental or not.

So yeah, I imagine players with higher stats might see more typical Yuke's gameplay between the start of the match and when stamina starts to play a heavier role, but what I saw at the NXT level looked good.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I don't think WWE 2k15 on current gen looks amazing but I think saying there's not much difference between it and last gen visually is insane

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

KungFu Grip posted:

There is video of Xavier Woods on this page from PS4/XBONE. In 2K15 on the PS3 Woods skin is lighter and his gear looks washed out. All the models in 2K15 for PS3/360 look like they are missing textures or something. Playing and watching Bray Wyatt in 2K15 on the PS3 i can tell you he looks better than the PS4 version simply because his face is way too wide on the PS4. Big E's model in 2K15 from the same video posted a few posts up looks miles better than him in the PS3 version. The Arena's look more lively and different. A lot is different between 2K15 on PS3 and 2K15 on Next Gen, trust me.

I guess we just have different standards and expectations. Watch a video like this Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker and tell me that this is a dramatic step-up from the 2K15 I'm playing right now on my 360. Granted, YouTube compression and everything, but there's very little here that impresses me beyond a slight increase in clarity. I'm not saying there isn't a technical difference, but I am saying that it's not impressive in the slightest.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I think the big thing is that the lighting outside of entrances looks very flat. the animations are also still pretty clunky and weird-looking but I think that's just going to always be the case for wrestling games.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

More things cut from this gen 2K15.

quote:

We’re now less than 48 hours from the launch of WWE 2K15 on Xbox One and Playstation 4, and now that people are getting their hands on the game, they’re pointing out a new set of things removed from the next gen version. This time, matches are on the chopping block. Here’s a list of things you will not be able to play in WWE 2K15 on Playstation 4 and Xbox One:

1v1: Ladder match, Special referee, Inferno, 2 out of 3 falls, I quit
Handicap Matches and all handicap match types
Triple Threat: Falls count anywhere, 2 out of 3 falls, No DQ, Ladder, Steel cage, TLC
Fatal Four Way: Battle royal, Hell in a Cell, Ladder, Steel Cage, Table, TLC, Falls Count Anywhere, 2 out of 3 falls, No DQ
Tag Team: Tornado, Extreme Rules, Hell in a Cell, Ladder, Cage, Table, TLC, Elimination Tornado, Elimination Table
Backstage brawls and all backstage brawl match types

In addition to all of that, there are no first blood matches, and the ability to disable DQ and count outs has been removed.

Oh.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

No tornado tag team? How the gently caress?

edit: If that is accurate, this game is stripped down so bad i won't even get it for like 10€.

canada jezus fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 16, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That's a typo, right? You've got to be able to have 1 on 1 ladder matches.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Welp always next year.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

That doesn't even make any sense, that has to be fake right.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Why would you take out HANDICAP MATCHES?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

2k15: 1950's wrestling simulator. They added a new feature where if you break kayfabe during a match, the game will delete itself from your console.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Davros1 posted:

That's a typo, right? You've got to be able to have 1 on 1 ladder matches.

You can do TLC, but not plain ladder for... some reason.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

always next year is the new wait and see

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
That's gotta be fake, the story modes have at least one special referee match and I can't imagine why they'd cut off access to the match when the framework is there.

E: Also a heads-up, the pre-load is active on PS4.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This dude got it already and is streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/otherotie

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am pretty sure that list is full of poo poo?

I mean, like here is a 1v1 ladder match right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO15Zx7SIM

*ed*

and here is triple threat extreme rules match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pznrs2n2iLU

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 16, 2014

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

I am pretty sure that list is full of poo poo?

I mean, like here is a 1v1 ladder match right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO15Zx7SIM

That's a TLC match, because there's an important difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Little confused how no DQ can be a different Triple threat match type.