Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'll be streaming this for a bit. I may get bored and start playing GTA V instead after a bit, so you would also have that to look forward to if you were to watch this.

http://www.twitch.tv/thejoker138

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok customizing the regular wrestlers kinda owns, I have made Cenation fanboy Rusev complete with wristbands and hat and everything. Also it lets you import customized wrestlers into your My career incase you wanted to play as a real guy instead of a CAW.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm I going to be the first person to make nega-Cena Darren Young, then

Give him the burning hammer

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I've had this sitting on my desk sealed for two days, is it worth the $60 or should I take it back?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I really don't like how much has been taken out of the create a wrestler, especially the very detailed head and body morphing options. It was so useful to fudge with the dimensions and get a CAW that actually has your proportions and looks like you. lt's making it sort of hard to play through the beginning of MyCareer with a dude that doesn't look much like me but oh well I guess. Has anyone tried to upload a photo of their face yet?

There's a lot of Finn Bālor love going on in the ps4 community creation page which is pretty rad. Curious to see if people can get really good with the limited toolset this year. I wouldn't mind having a set of Young Bucks in this game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sba posted:

I've had this sitting on my desk sealed for two days, is it worth the $60 or should I take it back?

its probably the worst entry since 2008.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Got to my match for the NXT title in MyCareer mode. Went in for the stupid chain wrestling mini-game with Neville and it glitched into me doing the ankle lock on him with no way to actually tap him out or break the hold. Great job, Yukes.

E: Also where the gently caress is Paige? I bought the stupid special edition before they announced all the cuts and she was supposed to be a day 1 thing, but she's not there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

John Cena posted:

majority of the caw community is waiting for the pc version, a lot just left outright over the removal of the creation suite. im gonna wait to see how much the pc version can be tinkered with.

How many stuck with PS3 and Xbox 360.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Got to my match for the NXT title in MyCareer mode. Went in for the stupid chain wrestling mini-game with Neville and it glitched into me doing the ankle lock on him with no way to actually tap him out or break the hold. Great job, Yukes.

E: Also where the gently caress is Paige? I bought the stupid special edition before they announced all the cuts and she was supposed to be a day 1 thing, but she's not there.

They lied about the Day one thing last year too with the Outsiders. Odds are she'll be downloadable when the first DLC pack is out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

They lied about the Day one thing last year too with the Outsiders. Odds are she'll be downloadable when the first DLC pack is out.

Oh well, I guess the only divas match I'll be playing until then is Bella in a Cella, then.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

How many stuck with PS3 and Xbox 360.

a miniscule amount

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

How in the gently caress do you grab weapons from under the ring? The controls screen on this is useless.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

John Cena posted:

its probably the worst entry since 2008.

I thought you didnt get it?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Shopto for some reason botched up my pre-order for 2K15, I was 50/50 on cancelling anyway so now I have. How quickly do these games normally drop in price? My interest has now shifted to GTAV on PS4, but I am still keen on getting 2K15 soonish?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

simosimo posted:

Shopto for some reason botched up my pre-order for 2K15, I was 50/50 on cancelling anyway so now I have. How quickly do these games normally drop in price? My interest has now shifted to GTAV on PS4, but I am still keen on getting 2K15 soonish?
You could probably get it cheaper on Black Friday.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Perigryn posted:

You could probably get it cheaper on Black Friday.

Simo is a pom so I don't think that's an option.

Edit: I guess a decent option would be Boxing Day. The English have that right?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Yes, but it's really not the same. Generally we just have small price cuts and sales throughout January. Given how poorly this game has been recieved, it'll probably drop a fiver before Christmas and it'll be half price by the end of January. Hell, you'll probably be able to find second hand copies for next to nothing within the next two months. Paying more to get it sooner than that really isn't going to be worth it.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

pressedbunny posted:

Yes, but it's really not the same. Generally we just have small price cuts and sales throughout January. Given how poorly this game has been recieved, it'll probably drop a fiver before Christmas and it'll be half price by the end of January. Hell, you'll probably be able to find second hand copies for next to nothing within the next two months. Paying more to get it sooner than that really isn't going to be worth it.

Yah, I've been pre-ordering all through the PS2 era to today, it's an institution for me - only let down was SVR2008. I know this game is going to be fun to experience, but 50 quid for a stripped down johnny rappadoo game, or GTA V?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

simosimo posted:

Yah, I've been pre-ordering all through the PS2 era to today, it's an institution for me - only let down was SVR2008. I know this game is going to be fun to experience, but 50 quid for a stripped down johnny rappadoo game, or GTA V?
GTA V definately. At least you can buy it in stores. It's officially banned in my region so I had to buy it digitally for the PS3...

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
GTA V by a wide, wide margin. The rerelease of that has actually added/improved substantial and significant things, and it was a solid game to begin with. I still understand the appeal of buying WWE 2k15 at some point, but there's just no reason to get it before it drops to at least half price or crops up second hand. In fact please do wait until you find a second hand copy, because that way 2K don't get the extra sales. The transition to a new hardware generation is always a little sketchy, but incompetence of this magnitude should not be rewarded in any way.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I haven't played the game, but wow...they've come a long way from their Ultimate Warrior model.

Old:

New: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4VrZGRbNOw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

/\/\/\/\/\edit: That HAIR. I thought they could have fixed it for the next gen version.

You know, I don't play video games that much. I can never seem to fin the time. Not much of a gamer, in fact. The only games I do play are the Lego and WWE games. And while I've had WWE2K14 for a year now, I've only played it sparingly over the year. So while this is going to make me sound stupid, while playing WWE2K14 the last couple of days, I discovered in Universe mode that you can actually go in a edit the rankings for the championships. Sick of Tons of Funk and the Prime Time Players trading the WCW Tag belts back and forth? gently caress 'em, and move Funk to the bottom of the rankings.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 19, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

89 posted:

I haven't played the game, but wow...they've come a long way from their Ultimate Warrior model.

Old:

It's freaky how realistic the character models look. You can basically see his back muscles moving at :50 when he's doing his flexing and poo poo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I don't anticipate much of a price drop for new-gen games in a short turnaround. A drop to $40, maybe. I remember when Microsoft had their $20 collection and that was a big deal, but we're a ways away from that in this gen (those sorts of deals heavily favored platform exclusives, too). second-hand is your best bet.

In terms of actually playing the game it's actually the best WWE since HCTP, really. I kind of got the create-a-universe bug out of my system by WWE '12 - it was fun to make guys and arenas and new Feds but after awhile the creation was the only fun part (TEW is this way as well, building your roster is much more fun than short-term booking). Actually playing the game wasn't any fun.

By 2k14 I had basically narrowed down my play to the barest basics that are still in 2k15 - no entrances at all, default theme music, etc. The new game is that experience but better in terms of pacing and flow, which is all I asked for from this game, really. Multi-man matches between this gen and last gen are night and day - no cartoony brawl-fests or cheese tactics to get a pin, it flows like an actual match. First fun I've had with that type of match since No Mercy.

It depends on what kind of mark you are, really. I never really gave a poo poo about Nacho Libre joke Lucha or puro feds, so the stolen promise of an NJPW 2k15 total conversion (which is the heart of the issue for PSP, really) never mattered to me. I'm fine with just running a WWE game with all the lovely wrestlers swapped with CAWs.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 19, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

89 posted:

Old:

The funny thing about the old version is, I never cared for his Maina 6 attires, so I went in a played around with the threads and gave him some of his more classic colors (white, blue, the good ol' RED, WHITE, and BLUE!) and it does make him look a lot better. Though it's odd; while you can edit the colors of his face paint, you can't edit the paint on his chest.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I know we've moved on from Supercard talk, but somehow over the past week I've passed through to the endgame. Not sure how, I just got lucky with some KOTR I guess. I got a sandbag setup that put me JUST into the Epic tier, which seemingly let me win KOTR at will. That got me enough Epic pairs to get a Legend pair in KOTR and now I can crush everyone.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
So next gen 2K15 doesn't have ladder matches any more?

If I've somehow missed them, please let me know.

If they have been removed, does anybody know why? Are they no longer a thing in "real" wrestling? (I don't watch WWE, sorry)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

InfiniteZero posted:

So next gen 2K15 doesn't have ladder matches any more?

If I've somehow missed them, please let me know.

If they have been removed, does anybody know why? Are they no longer a thing in "real" wrestling? (I don't watch WWE, sorry)

There are TLC matches which are basically the same thing

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Swagger Dagger posted:

There are TLC matches which are basically the same thing

Yeah now you can recreate that classic WM X TLC match

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Big Taff Man posted:

I thought you didnt get it?

i did not. but i think the resounding disappointment from people who purchased it is a pretty damning statement on the game's quality.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I wish there were more than 2 showcase storylines, they're the best part of the game. It's BS that you have to pay for more of them.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don't really miss non-TLC ladder matches, because they played like poo poo in 13/14 against the AI. Even on the hardest difficulty it was pretty much just throw opponent out of the ring, run up and grab the belt 1 minute in to the match.

The one I really wish was in was 2 out 3 falls because that would have been a cool showcase for the stamina system.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

No really, how do you get weapons in this lovely loving game?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tap L1 in the middle of the apron, make sure you aren't touching the stick.

I had to look at the manual because they don't tell you poo poo in this game. https://www.2k.com/manual/wwe2k15/

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Swagger Dagger posted:

I wish there were more than 2 showcase storylines, they're the best part of the game. It's BS that you have to pay for more of them.
Not only do you have to pay for more of them, but they're already sat on the disc. Isn't that kind of 2K?

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't anticipate much of a price drop for new-gen games in a short turnaround. A drop to $40, maybe. I remember when Microsoft had their $20 collection and that was a big deal, but we're a ways away from that in this gen (those sorts of deals heavily favored platform exclusives, too). second-hand is your best bet.
This is the rare area where the EU market actually gets the better deal. Our game prices crash pretty quick, unless the game's nice contains the words 'Duty' and 'Call'. Games cost more at launch but within a month every shop will be eager to move whatever stock they have and it's pretty common to find games drop to 2/3rds of their original price, if not further, within 6-8 weeks. I absolutely can not believe any shop would still be trying to sell this at full price in two months' time. It'll be kind of surprising if it's still full price even in one month.

quote:

It depends on what kind of mark you are, really. I never really gave a poo poo about Nacho Libre joke Lucha or puro feds, so the stolen promise of an NJPW 2k15 total conversion (which is the heart of the issue for PSP, really) never mattered to me. I'm fine with just running a WWE game with all the lovely wrestlers swapped with CAWs.
I suppose this is my biggest issue with these games for the last few years. Even if they were to fix all the bugs and get all the match modes back in and not shaft us on DLC, they're still pushing more and more to being a simulation of whatever is on WWE programming at that point in time. My idea of a good WWE game is letting me pick Paige and DDTing Cena through three stacked tables, with a run-in from Dick Dastardly. I want to set up a PPV of nothing but five Gimmick Battle Royals. If I want to have Homer Simpson beat Giant Haystacks for the Cruiserweight title in a best-of-3 series of I Quit matches, I should be able to. Remember when the WWE games let us climb the Smackdown fist and elbow drop out of a helicopter? Remember when instead of paying extra, you unlocked things by beating The Great Khali with Stacey Keibler? That's the game I want. Hell, even if it was a choice between a fully polished sim game or a glitchy cartoon mess, I'd still take the cartoon mess. gently caress stamina and "pacing". Let me queue up five finishers and win by KO.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I've just blew my own mind with this discovery:

So I was watching Surfer sting's entrance for 2K15 which featured this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hm1ekNY9Ws

I never watched surfer sting so I was curious to see what his theme was; and it IMMEDIATELY hit me! It's a song from a childhood VHS I used to have, basically for motorsport / stunt racing VHS tapes. I KNEW I knew the song from somewhere. I found the advert [commercial] on YouTube also amazingly and lo and behold they're the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvgjyyScKQ

Bastads just slowed it down. I know this happens all the time [esp with WCW] but I just thought it was awesome. I loved those Stunt Crazy / Stunt Mania VHS :)

Actually, give this a watch if you like for some absolute:siren: PEAK PIKEY :siren: from us Brits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vLygseKlM

thank for you 4 viewing this post x

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They're not using A Man Called Sting and that's the greatest tragedy of this game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

They're not using A Man Called Sting and that's the greatest tragedy of this game.

I hate you 2K why would you do this to me

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

John Cena posted:

i did not. but i think the resounding disappointment from people who purchased it is a pretty damning statement on the game's quality.

I dont know Basic Chunnel seems pretty happy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

pressedbunny posted:

Not only do you have to pay for more of them, but they're already sat on the disc. Isn't that kind of 2K?

Oh good, this again.