Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), Invis on Alfred (3 hits)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6
CURRENT INIT:29

Now that Marcina can see the guy she snaps her fingers. Its kinda half hearted but she's freaked by Sparrow being shot right next to her. "drat, I think I just made him feel good about loving up."

Opium den @f4(2) with 2 hits on shooter

No drain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

We can play through the next Init Pass if everyone wants to. That said, the rolls I need are Sparrow's Vehicle Control Test and Double-Tap making a Gymnastics test to jump into the moving van. If both of those succeed, the dude with a machine gun is going to make one more attack and then you will be collectively heading away from the Auction House and we can drop combat initiative.

Marcina

You layer Opium Den over the general area, sure to grab the shooter in its effects. If he's still shooting, he's going to be doing it with a pretty good buzz.

Initiative
19 Marcina
17 Alfred
16 Kenneth
16 The Angel
12 Air Spirit 6
11 Sparrow
8 Guards
7 Double-Tap
Unconscious - Gabriel

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Given that the sniper is probably out of effective sword-throwing range, and that he doesn't yet have a cannon or grenade launcher, I think Alfred will stand pat.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Double Tap Edge: 3/7

Gymnastics (Edged): 13d6h5 2
Wow. When luck runs out, it runs out hard.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sparrow Edge: 1/3 Phys: 0/9 Stun: 3/10 Penalty: -2

Sparrow drifts the van right up to Double Tap, nearly hitting him as she throws her door open. She blinks into visibility for just a moment as she tries to pull him the rest of the way inside. "Get your rear end in here you dumb, slow baby!"

7 rea + 8 pilot wheeled groundcraft + 1 AR - 2 wounds
Drive: 14d6t5 5 hell yes

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

As Sparrow's van speeds across the parking lot, the armed man in the high-rise follows the van with his gun and sends another large burst of fire, this time as the mage in the back window.

Marcina needs to defend against against 6 hits, at a total modifier of -1 (-5 for Burst-Fire Complex, -2 for being seated in the vehicle, +4 for Good Cover in the vehicle, +2 for Moving Vehicle). If it fails, I need a soak roll against 12 DV / -7 AP. The van's armor counts toward it, so it's Marcina's Body + Armor + 5 (+12 from the van, - 7 from AP).

As the gunfire once again rings out, Double-Tap jumps toward the van. It's close at first, almost uncertain, until Sparrow cuts the wheel. The van's tires protest with smoke and squeals, but Double-Tap lands firmly inside the passenger seat of the vehicle anyway. In another second, the van's at the entrance, Hardline performing a similar jump, and only a moment after that the van is back on the street. It's got the entire group inside, along with maybe four hundred pounds of auction house property and a blood-soaked Gabriel.

Where to?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), Invis on Alfred (3 hits)

Marcina makes eye contact with the distant figure. Pauses, squeaks in terror, and hits the ground a half second before a spatter of bullets hits the van.

"*Hack* Uh. I think he likes me." She looks around the van to all the goodies stuff in it...and one dead/mostly dead elf. "So, uh, what now?

7 hits on full def roll

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"What now?" She repeats Marcina's question absentmindedly. Once the van is clear of the property perimeter, Sparrow shoves Double-Tap into the back of the van by his rear end. "We get the gently caress over to where we need to get and offload this nonsense before - " She looks over her shoulder. "Yo, someone get Gabe stimmed or healed or whatever and pop the door open in a sec so my rotos can get in and - "

"Whooooooopsie!" The van swings around, tires squealing as it comes to a temporary halt just outside the bushes. "Open it up! Hardline, get in here!"

to the warehouse! getting Hardline THEN going to the warehouse

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 22, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone
Thursday, 2075/2/7, 21:00. The Warehouse.

The van pulls back into the warehouse, drones all safely inside. Gabriel's still out of consciousness, and the van is still loaded out with an almost oppressive amount of magical energy for the entire ride. For the mages, stepping out of it is almost like coming up from beneath the water, and even Double-Tap has some strange tingling in his gut the whole ride. With enough time, the first editions can be easily identified. But there's another problem now: you have a van full of stolen auction goods, covered in juju of all kinds, with bullet holes from where the shooter missed Marcina, in an abandoned warehouse. Some of the signatures are a bit run-of-the-mill, but a number of them are strange and unique. You also have a bag full of bad-news fetishes, and Gabriel still has the folder labeled "Unpublished Manuscript, Anne Rice." in his coat.

Someone really should have set up a table in here...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge

Marcina steps out of the van and breathes deeply. "Whew, that was like holding in a huge fart. Can someone help Gabe out? I wanna take a look at what we got for our troubles." She begins picking through the stuff attempting to identify things.

two hits

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 22, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Sparrow jumps out, pops into sight, and clears the domain's range within seconds of putting the van in park. "Someone drag him away from the stuff for me? Actually, I can do it." She runs back in and attempts to drag Gabe out. After a few grunts and heaves, the mage gives up. "Yeah, someone pull him away for me."

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 22, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Edit: I'm stupid and accidentally deleted the contents of this post. It detailed a lot of what was in the vans, and that the box of 'First Editions' contained weird spellbooks made of skin that try to possess Marcina.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 24, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge

"Wow, that's really...GLRUK?!"

2+2 (edge rerollfailed dice)=4, just barely.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Use your words, lady." Sparrow seems completely unconcerned until she looks over and feels something off, causing her to go scampering away. "Nope. Nope! Nope."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Marci stumbles back from the contents of the van, looking pale and bothered. Whatever happened, that stuff in the van wasn't something to be messed with lightly.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Double Tap chooses against looking at the clearly messed up books.

"Hardline, give me details on the auction house owner; who did we just steal from? Marcina, go Astral real quick if you can and make sure it can't be traced to us. Do NOT investigate this while Astral - and nobody else paw through it, for that matter. Sparrow, focus on reviving our third wizard, get those flyspies circling around to make sure we aren't followed. Kenneth, drag our elf over since Sparrow, uh, can't. Alfred...drek, throw a fragging tarp or something over this garbage. I don't have to read it to know it's bad juju based on how our two mages reacted. And once your done, Alfred, get ready whatever's needed to burn this if it's any sort of danger to us."

He then calls his contact Silvia Ruiz, Free Aztlan activist - and insider to plenty of former Aztlan mages.

[ Silvia, I know it's late, and I'll make up for this I swear, but I need to know if you've ever heard of a <AUCTION HOUSE OWNER NAME WILL BE EDITED IN> in connection with your Aztlan magic friends? Won't go into details; bad magic's involved, the kind that makes good boys and girls run away, and their name has come up. ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Yeah, flyspies." A few taps and her four little monitors fly out of the back of the van on their way to patrol the perimeter. She makes a show of trying to spend as little time as possible inside the domain and struggles to drag Gabriel out of the back.

She sort of drops him in the process. "Nobody saw that." After an overly dramatic display of struggling to get him out of the domain, Sparrow plops down on the floor, hugging the unconscious mage from behind. She breathlessly pulling the unconscious mage's medkit out of his pack. With a push of a button, the kit deploys itself and begins rambling aloud through its diagnostic procedure.

No wake up call would be complete without a patronizing pat on the head. "Hey bucko, you alive?"

Rating 4 Medikit: 8d6t5 2 good enough to heal 2 stun and get him woken up
HEALING HUGS: 10d6t5 4 no more physical on gabe
Drain Resist: 6d6t5 2 no drain
you can roll the flyspy perceptions if you need to. they're all 9d6 for clearsight and will be patrolling around the outside with all of their sensors.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Sparrow and Alfred work on Gabriel, and within a few minutes he's up and awake and talking. The FlySpys sweep the area, but don't report anything out of the ordinary. Normal cars, normal warehouse, normal weather. Everything outside the warehosue was Dallas-standard.

Double-Tap

Silvia's response is one-sentence:

[You know I don't talk politics, Bill.]

The subtext was clear, though: gently caress off. It was far colder than Silvia's usual demeanor -- you must have touched a chord.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge

Marcina stands up. "I can't project, DT,"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"Well then, we wait for Gabriel to wake up. I suspect our owner is associated with Aztlan, and in a rather bad way. One of my contacts, a rather political lady who knows lots of former Aztlan mages, got rather cold when I tried asking about them. I think this guy's connected, and big time. There's ALSO the rooftop sniper and second guard that was a potential infiltrator. Before I ditched their commlink - that drek can be traced, you know - they were talking about bringing in an "Angel." Here's what I think - our Johnson was a clueless sap. Either he sent us bumbling after those books not knowing what else was in the auction house and we just happen to have the worst luck, or whoever hired him wanted to ensure secrecy by not telling him what we should expect. I know those first editions are still in there but I vote we burn this whole drat thing, give up the manuscript, and wipe our hands clean. I dunno how dirty any of this is, but just starting to go through it messed up Marcina."

DT hesitates.

"...Unless burning it RELEASES it. Anyone know how you dispose of tainted magical goods? And Hardline, appease my paranoia - scan the hell out of these boxes and make sure we aren't transmitting."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +2 MLimit, +1 Willpower, –1 Physical
limit,

"Yeah, no seriously, I remember HILARIOUS stories online about what happens when major voodoo items get hit with high explosives. Makes a chemical fire look quaint." She looks at the pile of goodies. "Pisses me off, all that stuff and we can't keep it or we'd get busted and I have no idea how we'd move it in a clean manner. Think we could pawn the gold coins slowly or is even that a bad idea?" She looks at DT and Ken. "You guys gonna ditch that armor and gun you fired, or at least change the barrel?" She pulls out a spliff and lights up before passing it to DT. "This is not mixing business with pleasure, okay, it is, but trust me, its going to help make this stuff make a lot more sense, hopefully."

Why the hell not. Lighting up with Deepweed to astrally perceive the area and try to scan the nastiest auras and try to find some of the "safer" ones, and try to scan for anything nasty sneaking up on us. DT can have a hit too if he wants.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 22, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

DT is already wearing his suit! He threw away the commlink - he wouldn't have kept the uniform or taser!

He also starts to wave away the spliff. He doesn't know enough about magic to be helpful in the Astral. Best to keep his feet on the ground.

But it looked enticing, and this HAD been stressful, and hey, it's totally to help the job, right...?

Resist Temptation: 9d6t5 2

He inhales deeply.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 0/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun:9/11

Gabriel wakes up coughing, clutching his chest. After a moment or two "Where are we and did we get the goods?"

Viewing the cache of stolen items he swears. "Well if they weren't coming after us before they definitely are now..."

He slips the manuscript folder out of his jacket and searches his pockets for a stim patch, eyeing it for a second and then putting it a more convenient location for quick use. He opens the folder, attempting to reassure himself that they'd completed the mission and also a bit curious about what was inside.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Alfred starts separating the manuscripts out from the rest of the gear. "There is no fraggin' way we're burning all of this! I'm not saying we should try to move it all, but some of us need to make rent this month. Whoever sent us after the manuscripts already knows us, so I don't see a ton of risk if we at least get paid for those. We should split up the rest into stuff that's easily traceable and stuff that isn't, figure out what we can move with a reasonable amount of risk."

He starts putting the manuscripts into a pile. "As for the rest of it... well, if Sparrow can get me something disposable, I'll take it out into the desert and take care of it. I'd like a driver at least, but I can handle it on my own if not. Spellchuckers, assuming this stuff is gonna be disposed of in a pyrotechnic fashion... what's a safe distance?"

Pointing to the pile of fetishes, "and what about these? Any chance they're worth anything, or is the risk of them being traced too high?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Sparrow pats Gabriel on the head again as she stands up. "We got the goods."

"This van's pretty disposable if that's what you're asking." She gives the bullet hole riddled driver side door a swift kick. It fails to dent even the slightest bit. "I mean, the only reason I got it was to help out Finch and get something big enough to haul all ya'll. But why drive it all the way out west? We got a perfectly good lake nearby that everyone drives into anyways," she states with a shrug. "Leave a few things in for evidence, torch it, autopilot into the water. Easy-peesy."

"I think the gold should be easy as long as it doesn't have a domain. I ain't keen on trying to fence off anything with a glow attached to it, naw mean?"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Gabriel begins to inspect the manuscript in his coat and, perhaps surprisingly, it's just that: it's an unpublished manuscript of some book about vampires, consistent with Anne Rice's general writing style and characters. If it wasn't the real deal, it was an amazing work of fanfiction. It was also completely intact, and the outer housing protected it from the blood still soaking Gabriel's clothing.

About that time Hardline comes back from VR with more news. "I pulled the property registration, looks like a shell corporation. Owned by Jaime Eduardo Fuentes. I pulled the SIN up and it looks the real deal, picture matches the one on the web site and everything. Says he's an Aztlan ex-pat with no political ties. SIN reports a license to practice magic, but the registration is over six years old and his potential was rated pretty low back then. He came over here with his sister, Violeta. Both reside at his estate in Colleyville. The file says he's got a mother and brother on the other side of the border, San Antonio by the looks of it. He's had jobs as an art dealer, working freelance, before opening the auction house three years ago. I can go digging more if you'd like, but it will take longer."

In the mean time, Marci and Double-Tap get high as Alfred extracts the 'first editions'.

Alfred

You gingerly grab the box of old books, closing it and removing it from the van. The entire time, though, there's a set of little voices that calls out and suggests reading one. "Make sure they're worth it." "They're probably fakes, better check." "Maybe it's power. Power and power."

Then there's another sweeping voice, wise and majestic and stronger than the others. "Silence," snaps Vex, and the other voices obey. You get the box on the floor away from the van, and Vex offers more advice. "Careful, kiddo, they mean to play ball. And while I think you're a go-getter, that's a fight I don't really want."

Marcina & Double-Tap

As your minds open to astral perception, you both see the same woman from the club. She's fully-dressed this time, but moving carefully around the edge of the van, seemingly interested in the contents. "My, my, my," she says, turning to the two of you. "Lots of power in there. Lots indeed. A few pieces older than myself, changed by the fifth age, and more by the comet. What a collection..."

As the van unfolds into astral noise, it became almost like a cacophony of colors. Some of the things were deep reds, and others brilliant blues. The human teeth were a distinct shade of brown, almost like an empty bottle of beer, while two other boxes, unopened, radiated colors of pus and and sickly infestation. Some of the items were mundane, like the doubloons in their cases, and some had strange and confusing power that seemed to lace itself in with what was around it, blending and ebbing and flowing and brightening the other auras. With care, the magical things might be separated from the rest.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge
limit,

Marcina begins laying AR labels over everything "Heheh good to see you too, you know anything about that book or those gross looking things in the boxes?" the mundane stuff is tagged with nice dull blue labels, the more normal looking magical things (as normal as it gets) with yellow, and the obvious bad poo poo with flashing red. Marcina stops talking to the air for a second. "Tex might be able to hook us up with a fence for at least the mundane things, and yeah, the gold looks good to go."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Blood magic," Sparrow responds to Hardline's information. "Totally a blood magician. I mean, I'm good with just cashing in the thing we came for and the gold." She pulls her oversized hat back and scratches her head. "I don't want any part of the rest of this. You guys can split it amongst yourselves if you want to go through the trouble of fencing it, I just would rather not deal with toxic blood monsters knocking at my door because I touched this stuff."

"Totally not touching it, by the way. I'd rather not ride in the same car, actually."

A message goes out to Finch in short order.

<< yo i gotta borrow that ricer a min >>

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"So as someone new to this whole Awakened thing, is seeing this lady the norm?"

He turns to Hardline and Sparrow. "More then just Blood Magic. I guarantee that ex-pat isn't as ex as he may seem. My contact rolls with wizards but ain't one herself; she made it clear to me that politics were involved."

"Now, this loot...ok, I'll be honest, I've no idea what I'm looking at. Is red good? What about blue? The coins have no aura at least. Those two boxes there, we leave IN the van after we clean it of blood and DNA, and nobody ever touches them again. The rest of this drek, we need an actual Mage to look through them. Gabriel, you good at picking apart auras and you healthy enough to go Astral?"

Before waiting for a response, DT turns to see if those first editions have an aura, too.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

"Huh, that's a new one. Two new ones, actually. First, books trying to talk to me; second, my mentor spirit telling me not to mess with something. So, yeah, I'm thinking definitely the 'blow them sky high.' I mean, the lake thing is good, too, but what if someone pulls these out of the lake? Also, blowing them up will destroy them, right? These aren't some crazy Superman books, are they?"

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 0/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun:9/11 Wound Modifier:-3

Despite being out of it, between Marcina and Double-Tap talking to and about someone he can't see and the pungent aroma of deepweed Gabriel realizes now would be a good time to check out the astral space. When he sees the lady "Who the hell are you and what's all this to you?"

At the same time he tries to find out more about the visitor...
Assensing mystery lady: 5d6t5 0
...unfortunately he's distracted by a nearly incapacitating wave of nausea.

Message to whole team: <<Yeah to be honest I think I'm too messed up to have much luck with this stuff right now.>>

Message to Alvaro Sanchez: <<Got a bit of a situation here that might concern the movement. Who do we y'all have in terms of Awakened these days? Could use an alchemist and possibly a theoretician for garbage disposal. This is all assuming we y'all still don't tolerate Aztlan sickos this side of the border of course.>>

Edit: Oh haha oops, we'll just assume Gabriel is out of it enough to make the same mistake I did and thought someone was astral projecting in. With that in mind:

Once his confusion clears up he looks embarrassed, some of the wind taken out of his sails.
"Yeah, no point in pretending. I'm in a bad way at the moment. Gonna see if FA has somebody that can help with disposal."
He slumps back down breathing heavily, his hands visibly shaking.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 23, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge
limit,

"Oh no, not at all. Just means you're a man-slut." She snorts. "But I'm just kidding, this lady here is a totem spirit. You know, like Cat, Gator, Wolf, but some of us prefer the company of of entities familiar with bathing." Marcina sniffs. "ANd jeez DT, blue good, yellow caution, red DANGER."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"I'm talking about the auras. Where does brown fit in, huh?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Sweet Lord baby Jesus, Aztec politics?" Sparrow removes her hat completely in response to Double Tap's observation. "Yeah, naw. gently caress that. I'm done after the drop. I can just work the shop and pay rent through petty theft for a few months. You know, lay low and all that."

"Brown is, like, probably telling you to reevaluate all the poor life choices you made that lead you to this point."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Thanks to Marcina, the van is now AR color-coded, with everything fit into the three codes according to its magical power and relative aura. The disposal may go easier now, and the same for removing any mundane goods worth selling. Of course, there still was the matter of dropping off the books to the hotel delivery point, the disposal of the van, and finding a way to destroy the boogeyman goods. Beyond that, Texas Yellow might deserve to know what happened, because he'd hear about it soon enough somewhere from the grapevine. And Gabriel, for all his effort, seems too exhausted to work more magic without some rest and a warm shower.

To clarify, the box labeled First Editions was actually a bunch of weird, super-old books written on some sort of skin that have now tried to convince two people to read them. The manuscript, however, is a legitimate manuscript.

Alfred

Vex continues. "Yo, where's that sword. Grab that, let's see how it plays."

Marcina, Gabriel, and Double-Tap

The 'first editions' are also glowing with an 'aura', something cerulean and bizarre and a bit unnerving in their blurred existance. The auras around the books stir and ebb, like fine silk stitching but more liquid, a stark contrast from the cohesive auras of most of the other items. Sometimes there are almost faces in it, like faces reflected across the surface of a pond, but they're fleeting like they're almost your imagination.

Sparrow

Finch hits you back double-quick.
<<i got you>>
<<where you need it>>
<<gridguide can drop it wherever>>
<<just gimmie a place>>

Gabriel

The woman standing around everything just gives you a grin, and then makes a sweeping motion to the spliff still going. "Oh, I'm here, I'm there, I'm the thing that makes you happy, the one that says 'just one more drink'. Try, it, Gabe. It might take the edge off."

Her grin is enticing, and her voice more persuasive than any you could imagine. You stand there for more than a moment, considering appeasing her.

Make a Charisma + Willpower (3) check or take a hit off the Deepweed spliff.

Then your commlink lights up, a response from Alvaro. <<I ran it up the flag pole. Valdez made two calls with me on the line, people higher than him. We can get the people, but they'll have to come in from Galveston on short notice. Can it wait until next Tuesday?>>

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

(First, sorry, work is hell for me during this time of year because my business is most busy during the holidays, been working from 3 PM until 3-4 AM)

Kenneth crosses his arms and grumbles a bit, obviously still thinking about everything before muttering, "That drek was crazy. So, we got all this stuff..." He trails off and shakes his head before going to sit down, he looks back at the group and says, "I don't really care what happens to it. If we get rid of it, sell it, whatever. I have no huge need for money right now, but I don't mind the idea of being payed. I just think we should think of the overall effect of what we do with this poo poo." He motions to Alfred, "If we got the manuscripts, we get payed for our job. Yeah, the buyer probably knew about the other drek but he didn't send us to get it. Whole thing is sour but still, if we show up and give him the poo poo he asked for we get payed... probably. That was the job. I have no problem with getting rid of anything that didn't have to do with the job. I care about money, but not enough to lose my mind and my life over it without thinking about the consequences of what we do."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Sparrow pokes her AR map, leaving a marker for Finch just a block or two away.

<< yeah send it right here >>
<< notify when it gets by >>
<< btw about the van >>
<< uhhh >>

"Ay yo, Miss Marley, you look like you're seeing something weird. We good to go or what?"

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 0/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun:9/11 Wound Modifier:-3

Resist Temptation: 5d6t5 3
"Tempting offer, but I think "one more drink" won't do much more than put me under the table."

"My vote is to hand over the books with the manuscript. We've already pissed off Fuentes, no point in adding our employer to the list as well. As far as the rest of it... I don't know about y'all but I'm not exactly in this line of work for the giggles. We already have the risk, might as well get paid."

Mechanics question: If I use a R:6 stim patch to drop down to 3/11 stun what happens when it ends. Do I jump back up to 9 and then take 7 unresisted stun or do I jump up to 10 and that's it?

Would say an earth spirit be able to bury the stuff?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge
limit,

"Heehee, *sniff*. Uh, yeah, Sparrow. You got us transpo out of here? Sounds like you're bolting in private, why don't you drop the issue off and we can go our ways here. I know you're going to stay honest because 45kg korean street racing mystic adepts who paint themselves like a rainbow threw up aren't exactly hard to find in Dallas. I'll talk to Yellow. poo poo, might as well try to find a place to fence the lower key pieces. I got a contact who might be intrested in moving the non-evil, magical things."

She stares at the astral web of the books. "Kee-rist, what've we gotten ourself into?" She pulls out one of her disposable metalinks and hits the private number. <Yello, bit of a situation. Things in hand, just an FYI, got time?>

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

@Arkangelus: When the stim patch wears off, you will be at 10/11 stun damage. An earth spirit can probably bury most of it, but it will have to be a large one. Your Free Aztlan contacts will show up to help if you explain the severity of the situation; they can fly some people in, but not if you don't tell them they should.

Sparrow

Finch replies. <<cool, on the way>>

Marcina

Texas Yellow calls you instead of messaging you back, and when you answer, he asks, "Marci, what's up? That job work out all right? I got the cash in escrow for you here, when our little black-painted friend confirms the drop-off."

• Locked thread