Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Space Dandy was the smartest, dumbest show I've ever seen. It will be missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Was it just me or did that episode rip on End of evangelion?

Brilliant finish to an amazing show.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NOTinuyasha posted:

Dandy's ending was perfect, but to be fair Cowboy Bebop had way more side stories and continuity, there was no way to end it in a satisfactory way. I remember getting killed by Faye's side story reaching no conclusion whatsoever

Faye's story concluded in Hard Luck Women. She couldn't go home again. She was a stray just like the rest of the crew.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now I am the one with Viva Namida.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Foul Ole Ron posted:

It was ripping on a lot of things but yeah, I kinda saw that one too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Space Dandy was the smartest, dumbest show I've ever seen. It will be missed.
It reminds me so much of Futurama in that way.

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

When Dandy is shackled up the design on the background is a big Yggdrasil with sephiroths much like the ceiling in Gendo's office/one of the images that floats by in the Evangelion OP. I definitely took it as a direct reference.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

roobots posted:

When Dandy is shackled up the design on the background is a big Yggdrasil with sephiroths much like the ceiling in Gendo's office/one of the images that floats by in the Evangelion OP. I definitely took it as a direct reference.

I think it's a more direct reference to Full Metal Alchemist. But whatever, obscure western religious symbols are everywhere in anime.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Nah dude, that whole thing was a huge eva reference. Bea even shoots Dr Gel just like Gendo shoots Ritsuko

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, that and using Dandy to power the weapon literally caused a Ragnarok event. Since Dandy survived to the next rebirth it's they're one female human short of 100% compliance.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
The lava presented some interesting imagery.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
It did say "May Be Continued" at the end :) I think a movie would be cool.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Toonami posted this on their Tumblr about the prospect of more Dandy:

quote:

We can’t really say, because that question hasn’t been answered definitively. It’s quite possible Dandy will be back as a movie or OVA, less likely that there will be a new series. We hope for more Dandy, though!

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Really loved this show and will miss it as someone who doesn't really like many animes the western flavor of this show was right up my alley. Been pretty much a huge fan though of anything Watanabe has made. It was really great to see a show where you could tell the artist had fun with it and had full control. I loved that Bea doubled crossed everyone that was halarious watching him drawn all villainous.

My only criticism of it was that the second to last episode was so weak the show really should have tried to stick one of the budget saving episodes earlier in the season. It was jarring how stilted it was compared to the quality we got in almost every other episode of the whole show. Well back to ignoring anime in general I guess again.

Vire fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 1, 2014

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

To be fair, the second-to-last episode was the first part of a two-parter. Wasn't the last episode actually longer than usual? It's like, almost movie-length, both put together.

Personal Episode Tier List:

1) I Can't Be The Only One, Baby
2) There's Music in Darkness, Baby
3) I'm Never Remembering You, Baby
4) Lovers Are Trendy, Baby
5) Rock 'n' Roll Dandy, Baby

jesus christ season 2 was incredible

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
A World With No Sadness was the only real stand-out episode to me, although An Other-Dimensional Tale was pretty good.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

more like spook dandy

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Any word on when they're gonna release the soundtrack?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Dandy was the highest grossing views aside from AoT. Problem is revenue for bones was not a great.

An older post but does that matter since it was bankrolled by Cartoon Network? If it made them a significant enough profit they could always fund more (or a new show).

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Any word on when they're gonna release the soundtrack?

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=606676

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Me and many others would like to thank you for sacrificing a :filez: probation to bring this to our attention.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Rest in peace friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd7b2v9T1Dw

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Why, just why, is WORD PACK so good?!

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
フェリー (Ferry?) is what I wanted the most, though it loses something outside it's scene in the episode. Also:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

more like spook dandy

Oh my god Bea is an actual eggplant.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

its loving great right

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Is there a legit place to download the soundtrack? Sure it looks sketchy, but just because it's a torrent doesn't mean anything. Tons of legit stuff go through torrents.

Could just be terrible rips from the show.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
The torrent is the real deal. The album was supposedly dropped the 8th (today) but I haven't found anywhere to buy it locally.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

NOTinuyasha posted:

フェリー (Ferry?) is what I wanted the most, though it loses something outside it's scene in the episode. Also:

I see Powerslave.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Only problem with the album is that it doesn't have the full English version of Lonely Nights. Also I was looking through every song on the thing looking for the giant QT song and it turned out to be the last one, I Should Be...

Also, the full version of Word Pack is great.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
OST is amazing, that pink floyd sounding track is amazing.

I really wish White House was a full length song though.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I've been looking for the song that played during the dancing of the disco episode since the moment I heard it. Song is called Old Edition and it's an incredible ear worm.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hi so I've been watching Space Dandy way too late and I just want to say that this show is the best anime ever, ok bye

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alcharagia posted:

Hi so I've been watching Space Dandy way too late and I just want to say that this show is the best anime ever, ok bye

You're correct, thanks for showing up.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
DVD/BDs coming soon:
http://shop.funimation.com/Season-O...tm_nooverride=1

Pricier special editions
http://shop.funimation.com/Season-O...tm_nooverride=1
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PYXHZEW/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This show's the best

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I want to see sales records. Which will sell better, the Aloha Oe stuff or the hat with the word "BOOBIES" on it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
hey remember when I said

alcharagia posted:

well I just watched the musical episode and I want to amend that to the best thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

alcharagia posted:

hey remember when I said

well I just watched the musical episode and I want to amend that to the best thing ever

Prepare to do this several more times.

• Locked thread