Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wasn't Roxy's last fight an injury replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I honestly can't remember, so it was just the impression from the one fight which I saw. It could have been that she threw a kick like the one he used to KO Stittigen. Upon reflection she did spend more time in the clinch than either of them tend to.

To be fair she doesn't really fight like Cerrone either besides the Muay Thai in mma similarities that lots of fighters share.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

coconono posted:

Wasn't Roxy's last fight an injury replacement?

If that's true then lol because Tara LaRosa looked like she had back and knee injuries in that fight.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
hahaha, gently caress Mike Kogan

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

If that's true then lol because Tara LaRosa looked like she had back and knee injuries in that fight.

Tara's been fighting since 2002, she's probably beat up in all sorts of ways. She's not exactly Frank Mir, but after 12 years of hard training very few people don't have some chronic injuries they're dealing with.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Yuriy posted:

Apparently it is, who is she and what has she done

I thought she looked very technical was impressed.

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess

Captain Log posted:

Is this man, a manager of fighters with UFC contracts, aware that he looks like a homeless hobo talking to a nudge at night court?

It's all part of Kogan's shadow marketing master plan.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

i must say that the terrorists have already won. i just paid $20 for a falafel from a raghead @ SFO

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Mike Kogan was involved in setting up Dynamite USA, and renowned geniuses such as Roy Nelson, Nate Diaz, and King Mo saw that and thought "drat, this is the guy for me"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

quote:

The paid gate for the event was $2,545,590. However, the promoters of the event paid $2,342,500 of that to buy 39,083 tickets to its own event. The final verified paid attendance number for K-1 Dynamite stands at 3,674 which generated $203,090 in revenue

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Hahahahaha

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Lion fights is live on axs tv

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
sergei is a svelte 260lbs and will be fighting kenny garner in china tomorrow live on the internet, if you're into that sort of thing

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

sergei is a svelte 260lbs and will be fighting kenny garner in china tomorrow live on the internet, if you're into that sort of thing

*licks lips*

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
why can't sergei fight in the ufc

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

why can't sergei fight in the ufc

Sergei is one of the few good B-league fighters and commands a bit more money than other heavyweights. Sergei had a special deal with Strikeforce when Zuffa purchased the company and they saw how much he made and didn't feel like matching & Sergei wanted to kickbox and wanted more money in general. Both parties would probably like to work with each other but they won't agree on the money until it's too late.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Sergei won his fight, r3 stoppage

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Bubba Smith posted:

Sergei is one of the few good B-league fighters and commands a bit more money than other heavyweights. Sergei had a special deal with Strikeforce when Zuffa purchased the company and they saw how much he made and didn't feel like matching & Sergei wanted to kickbox and wanted more money in general. Both parties would probably like to work with each other but they won't agree on the money until it's too late.

Sergei vs JT? Intresting

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQC_nvm0aY

thus far it appears to be a furious laying upon by garner

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
sergei escapes with 10 seconds left and the crowd loses their poo poo

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
sergei employing an excellent strategy of letting the fat guy hit him 100 times

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

david carmichael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQC_nvm0aY

thus far it appears to be a furious laying upon by garner

I kinda like that cage. It's a lot harder to disguise rope-grabbing as unintentional, but the small fence at the bottom eliminates the problem of falling through the ropes while grappling.

It would also change the wrestling game a bit as pressing into the fence isn't really a viable strategy for vying for a takedown.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

It would also change the wrestling game a bit as pressing into the fence isn't really a viable strategy for vying for a takedown.

Why not?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Falling through the ropes/your opponent can try to turn and shuck you through the ropes. I guess you'd still be able to drive a guy into the ropes while shooting, but I don't see the Couture-esque "lean into the fence for 5 minutes while throwing punches" thing working that well with ropes.

I am totally prepared for someone to link 25 Pride fights where that strategy absolutely did work, however. It's been a while since I watched MMA in a ring.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Falling through the ropes/your opponent can try to turn and shuck you through the ropes. I guess you'd still be able to drive a guy into the ropes while shooting, but I don't see the Couture-esque "lean into the fence for 5 minutes while throwing punches" thing working that well with ropes.

I am totally prepared for someone to link 25 Pride fights where that strategy absolutely did work, however.

Pretend I did so, then, because it happened a lot.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Pretend I did so, then, because it happened a lot.

Yeah, it turns out guys are more willing to get taken down than get sent through the ropes onto the scorers table.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Or they'll just hang outside the ropes for as long as possible while their opponent punches their arms.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I kinda like that cage.

In ye olden times we called it a "ring" :corsair:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I am totally prepared for someone to link 25 Pride fights where that strategy absolutely did work, however. It's been a while since I watched MMA in a ring.

If you're feeling particularly masochistic you can just watch this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StDQFgvb-AU&t=320s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKyeRZWxucY part 2

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Also iirc a ton of guys used the bounce of the ropes to complete a takedown

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

1st AD posted:

Also iirc a ton of guys used the bounce of the ropes to complete a takedown

Forgot about that. I think Coleman even mentioned doing that in an interview. As always, don't watch remember fights.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
:wtc:

https://twitter.com/mayhemmiller

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just a mere 2 million

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

please don't doxx atom with the donations list attached to this

mods?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
This is actually pretty funny but I'm not sure if Mayhem meant it that way:
CHONAN @mayhemmiller · Nov 24
MY NAME IS RYO. IT IS PRONOUNCED LIKE LEO. NOT LIKE RIO.

Anyway I hope gator dog is okay.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lost For Words posted:

Just a mere 2 million

Dog rescue: $400
Fixing house: $2000
Avoiding self awareness for another decade: priceless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Joachim Hansen is fighting in a Z-League event on Saturday. Don't actually know whether it will be available online or not though. He's fighting Diego Nunes on a three fight losing streak, haha.