Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Endorph posted:

Did Dixie say anything incredibly stupid?

They left Spike on their own terms, theres no bigger tv deal than Destination America, 2015 is the year of Kurt Angle, she loves the young guys as if they were family.

Absolutely nothing of actual note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Skinty McEdger posted:

The funniest thing for me about the Austin/McMahon podcast didn't actually happen in it. Seeing all the buzz and attention that the WWE was getting over it TNA decided to do one of their "look at us we're relevant too" moments releasing a podcast today with JB asking Dixie all the hard hitting questions. Of course nobody cared because it;s TNA.

I cant be arsed to listen to that but I cant wait to read the poo poo from Asylum and Mecca about it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Recap from TNAMecca

quote:

-Dixie is under the weather

-Talks about the changes they've made this year, says it was def a transitional year and how she was working on the tv deal for the past few months.

-She was happy fans voted so strongly on the 6 sided ring returning (80%), cause it was a tough choice for her.

-Says SpikeTV was great to TNA in every way and wants to keep working with Bellator. But she didn't want to just have a 2 hr show anymore, she wanted a partner that would help TNA grow.

-She felt bad about the past few months how it relates to talent, but she simply couldn't talk about anything until the deal was finally made. Very stressful times for her but since she's made the announcement, everything has been great.

-Borash mentioned how one wrestler asked her straight up, "will we have a tv deal?" and Dixie said without hesitation said yes (not sure when this happened, guessing within the past few months).

-She says all of the talent is excited and there are a lot of announcements coming soon and a lot of changes.

-She can't talk about any changes to how they tape shows, etc, but again they're will be tons of announcements about that kind of stuff soon.

-She loves how certain talent came back this year and says she always does whatever possible to leave the door open for that. Says we could see more returns like that. The roster could be changing a bit, they could be bringing in brand new names.

-Talking about the younger guys, how excited she is about them and how they actually challenge the veterans. Says Gaburick has done a great job with those guys and creative in general.

-Laughs when she hears that Angle announced he resigned on Russo's show. Puts Angle over for a while and says she'd love to have him work backstage at some point when he retires. But he's also in amazing shape right now and this could be the year of Kurt Angle.

-Talks about the Hardy's and how great they've been, how Jeff is in such a great place right now because of his daughter among other things.

-Dest. America is obv a smaller ch and at first glance she looks crazy for losing so many households. But they are now a part of Discovery Communications and Dest America is a huge priority for them. Dest America is one of the top 5 fastest growing cable networks on tv right now.

-How TNA is such a priority within that network now, they've gotten a huge amount of support from them already. They are the #1 pay tv programmer in the world. This is a global deal and they haven't even begun to scratch the surface on what they can do together. Like new international markets that TNA has never been in.

-More programming, changes to programming, which we'll find out about soon. It's so much bigger than an Impact deal on another network. It's a huge deal, she says there is no bigger deal they could have done and it's her intention to make Dest. America a household name.

-Talks about Sheera and his incredibly story, then British Boot Camp. Ratings have doubled this year, and they were already great the first year. Hopeful to do a Bootcamp 3.

-Puts over Spud, how much she loves him, how hard he works, how the next winner has such huge shoes to fill. Says "there's no clear standout this year".

-She's excited to go back to NY, talks about how she really did break her back in 3 places, even though most people thought it was fake.

-Again, tons of announcements coming.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

They left Spike on their own terms, theres no bigger tv deal than Destination America, 2015 is the year of Kurt Angle, she loves the young guys as if they were family.

Absolutely nothing of actual note.
drat, was kind of hoping she'd get in on the millenial bashing

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Endorph posted:

drat, was kind of hoping she'd get in on the millenial bashing

She did say something about how she knows "she's more in touch with her audience than some" which has caused some TNA fans to be all "SHOTS FIRED"

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Skinty McEdger posted:

She did say something about how she knows "she's more in touch with her audience than some" which has caused some TNA fans to be all "SHOTS FIRED"

if a dumbass money mark does a shoot in the woods, does anybody hear it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Joey McChrist posted:

if a dumbass money mark does a shoot in the woods, does anybody hear it

It'd draw better than a house show at least.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

"If there is a 'Fire Russo' chant in my arena again I will fire somebody else."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Punk's followup podcast https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-227-cm-punk-returns

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
CM Punk never saw Jurassic Park till recently :stare:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Oh come on Dave. Huge loving error in the very first sentence of the new observer.

Art of War Podcast

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
"But you have to make him look really strong."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The title and description of Austin's latest podcast:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

DrVenkman posted:

"But you have to make him look really strong."

It worked so well with Cena and the Wyatts!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Shine posted:

To be fair, if the Extreme Rules match wasn't as complete poo poo as it was? it really would have worked. That KILLED everything. See also: If the writers could stick with a plot for more than a month. Because they kept changing their mind about WHY they were feuding.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Shine posted:

That whole conversation was a hilarious look at WWE logic.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm reading the new Observer and apparently Vince lied to stockholders about CM Punk? How is he not in deep poo poo over that?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm reading the new Observer and apparently Vince lied to stockholders about CM Punk? How is he not in deep poo poo over that?

Because while suspension and sabbatical are two different things, the end result is the same, so it's not making a huge difference in the value of the stock. In reality, it's the type of thing that won't make or break a case, but will be in someone's back pocket as evidence until Vince tells a bigger lie.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Because while suspension and sabbatical are two different things, the end result is the same, so it's not making a huge difference in the value of the stock. In reality, it's the type of thing that won't make or break a case, but will be in someone's back pocket as evidence until Vince tells a bigger lie.

However since there's already a lawsuit happening over the TV rights projections the fact that he lied about Punk being suspended is probably going to end up being relevant with regards to what they tell shareholders in that case.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Shine posted:

"Cena has to squash Bray again! He doesn't look credible!"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

CM Punk never saw Jurassic Park till recently :stare:

ahahaha "I called the T-Rex face turn".

Punk sounds like a fun guy to watch movies with.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 4, 2014

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I just don't think Austin gets it. Even after his interview with Vince he's still talking about those guys stepping up and breaking out of the box. Vince seemed to literally be saying "No, don't do that.". I guess Punk tried it and look where he ended up.

He still talks like Cesaro still has a chance, and though Vince was actually pretty complimentary towards him, there's still the issue on his mic skills. When Austin said that Cesaro still needs to find that little something, he's presumably talking about a new accent.

Times are simply different now. And you're dealing with a company that has no interest in taking chances simply because they don't have to. They hitched their horse to Austin at the time and it was clear to see why. But once competition went down the pan that line of thinking went out the window, and it feels like Austin can't quite grasp that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

However since there's already a lawsuit happening over the TV rights projections the fact that he lied about Punk being suspended is probably going to end up being relevant with regards to what they tell shareholders in that case.

It's a complimentary piece of evidence more so than a primary point of attack, is what I meant.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Plus Vince can always claim that he earnestly believed Punk was gonna come back.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aren't the McMahons the majority shareholders, anyway?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

Aren't the McMahons the majority shareholders, anyway?

Yes but reporting obligations (or whatever they call it in the US) are to all shareholders, in fact, if you own 75% of the company and lie to the remaining 25% (for example), that's even worse!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think the only way to make it if you're not crowned the anointed golden boy (Cena, Reigns) is to magically get yourself enough momentum to ascend to Punk or Bryan's level of connection with the crowd or be their only reliable performers when the roster is depleted (Ambrose, Rollins) and then become a huge rear end in a top hat and go into business for yourself and politick the poo poo out of everything.

I just think John Cena sets a terrible precedent for being a loyal company man when most of the top guys before him (Austin, Shawn, Warrior, Hogan) were backstage terrors by all accounts and simply wouldn't do a segment or a job if they thought it sucked for them.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it's funny the amount people used to complain about backstage politicking assholes and now it turns out the alternative is everyone being terrified to protect their character and nobody getting over because of it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Spermgod posted:

it's funny the amount people used to complain about backstage politicking assholes and now it turns out the alternative is everyone being terrified to protect their character and nobody getting over because of it

So what you're saying is that the nwo were right

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't remember what podcast it was but somebody definitely concluded recently that the business would be better if more guys were marks for themselves. Maybe like an Alvarez/Lance show

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Plus Vince can always claim that he earnestly believed Punk was gonna come back.

Punk said they didn't even try to call him back.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stone Cold admitted to something on his podcast today that really depressed me.

He likes Nickelback:smith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RBX posted:

Punk said they didn't even try to call him back.

Do shareholders know that?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

IcePhoenix posted:

Something had to go wrong cause you were feelin way too drat good

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

so does my mom, i think its an old person thing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Spermgod posted:

I think that works once you reach the apex, but in a fake sport I'm not sure what you do until you have the power to book yourself to be strong. John Cena can come up with a finish where he gets DDT'd on concrete but then pops up to beat two guys in 30 seconds in their first major match, but if Wade Barrett had resisted or said "You're making me look worthless, I won't do that" I"m sure he would have been gone instantly.

I guess you have to be subtle and worm your way in there like HBK, then pitch a fit only after you've become too valuable to get rid of.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tato posted:

I guess you have to be subtle and worm your way in there like HBK, then pitch a fit only after you've become too valuable to get rid of.

The key is to lay in wait until the WWE's competition poaches away their top stars & Vince gets dragged through the mud due to steroid scandals. THEN you can have all the stroke you want!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

epitasis posted:

I just think John Cena sets a terrible precedent for being a loyal company man when most of the top guys before him (Austin, Shawn, Warrior, Hogan) were backstage terrors by all accounts and simply wouldn't do a segment or a job if they thought it sucked for them.

Cena will die in a WWE ring and Vince will call his phone asking him if he can make the european tour.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

coconono posted:

Cena will die in a WWE ring and Vince will call his phone asking him if he can make the european tour.

They will then roll his dead body out, play his promo's through the PA, and then have Bray Wyatt job to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

Cena will say yes and have a 4 star match.

• Locked thread