Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

King Mo: Explosive Thug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJjpa-98mY

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Ahahahah oh god yes please tell me everything about this. I want to go beat a balding fat guy half to death and be a champion of this mystical league.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I have no words for this. There is nothing that I can say that can accurately state how amazingly pathetic this is.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Captain Log posted:

Ahahahah oh god yes please tell me everything about this. I want to go beat a balding fat guy half to death and be a champion of this mystical league.

Come to Finland, we have got you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fj69uRxW8A

Pretty sure these guys let you just sign up on Facebook and then come and fight at one point in time.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

uhhhhhhhhh doesn't Page fight 35lbs heavier than Bollinger?

30-33 pounds, actually

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Bushmeister posted:

Pretty sure these guys let you just sign up on Facebook and then come and fight at one point in time.

Comic book nerd and blob from the wolverine movie meeting for the first time in the cage

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bushmeister posted:

Apparently I could be a golden God of MMA in some places. And I could easily stop watching what I eat and make heavy weight. My year of MMA training and three months of Jiu Jitsu (five years apart from each other) are plenty.

Basically, I need to start fighting in the Z leagues at heavyweight.

This has been a great day.

Edit - Also what the holy gently caress even happened there? For a tiny split second I though, "Ehhh, ponytail guy might be able to throw a kick...kinda..." then he turned, ran away, and fell over.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 4, 2014

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess

Captain Log posted:

Apparently I could be a golden God of MMA in some places. And I could easily stop watching what I eat and make heavy weight. My year of MMA training and three months of Jiu Jitsu (five years apart from each other) are plenty.

Basically, I need to start fighting in the Z leagues at heavyweight.

This has been a great day.

Edit - Also what the holy gently caress even happened there? For a tiny split second I though, "Ehhh, ponytail guy might be able to throw a kick...kinda..." then he turned, ran away, and fell over.

Looked like he hurt his left foot while throwing that overhand right at 04:57.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

gunblade posted:

Looked like he hurt his left foot while throwing that overhand right at 04:57.

Regardless, I love everything about it and apparently need to move to Finland.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

So. Invicta tomorrow.

quote:

Michelle Waterson vs. Herica Tiburcio for atomweight title
Cindy Dandois vs. Tonya Evinger
Andrea K. Lee vs. Roxanne Modafferi
DeAnna Bennett vs. Jennifer Maia
Peggy Morgan vs. Andria Wawro
Alexa Grasso vs. Alida Gray
Cassie Robb vs. Jinh Yu Frey
Evva Johnson vs. Rachael Ostovich
:geno:

Card has suffered a little bit as they apparently had to axe two fights just this week due to illnesses. Still though, they really seem to be having trouble generating credible title challengers. I feel like this is at least the third or fourth title fight in a row where the challenger is someone that hasn't even fought once in the organization before.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Julie Kedzie is bad at her job.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Cosplay Fighting Championships

1st AD posted:

Julie Kedzie is bad at her job.

I disagree, this is some inspired matchmaking right here:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Meth is a hell of a drug.

And Roxy is hysterical.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 5, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Julie Kedzie is doing the best with what's available. The problem is everytime they get someone who might be the next Ronda Rousey, UFC will snap them up.

Invicta lost a ton of drawing power from the UFC call ups. The last show you could easily see the empty seats.

mewse
May 2, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

I experienced some kinda rollercoaster of emotion looking at this sequence of images. So to begin: drat that is one hot wonderwoman, I wonder if all the fighters look that goo-

quote:

WHAT?! OF COURSE she's wearing that loving costume, god loving damni-

quote:

I disagree, this is some inspired matchmaking right here:

Did they clone this woman?!

e: is she fighting her twin??

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

Julie Kedzie is doing the best with what's available. The problem is everytime they get someone who might be the next Ronda Rousey, UFC will snap them up.

Invicta lost a ton of drawing power from the UFC call ups. The last show you could easily see the empty seats.

Invicta 9 was also in Iowa, their first time out of KC. This one will be in Houston, so who knows if another location change will affect turnout.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
why the gently caress would you roll play as jason mewes

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Roxy, despite her dumb rear end dork grin, is rocking the Leia outfit. She looks more fit recently and I hope is legitimately not horrible anymore...somehow...

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I would like it if Julie Kedzie's duties as matchmaker prevented her from ever doing fight commentary again.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
That Leia costume looks like a diaper.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Also, Bibiano is fighting tomorrow morning, along with Brandon Vera and the usual ONE FC cast of characters. It's gonna be a cool day of subpar MMA.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

colonel_korn posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That picture makes me want to ask her to use Roxanne as her walkout music just to annoy her.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
So yeah, I figure I oughta post something about Invicta.

Losing Aldana/Reneau was pretty tragic. I figured if Irene Aldana and Tonya Evinger both won their fights, they'd fight for the (vacant) Bantamweight Title. I fully expect the UFC to snatch up Aldana after she wins a couple more fights either way though. She's a talented Bantamweight who is not only Mexican born, she also lives and trains there, and has some pretty nifty striking.

Losing Van Duin/Tweet isn't quite as damaging, but considering how thin the talent pool is at Women's Featherweight, and considering that Bellator is now competing for that talent, this was a match that Invicta really could used to have help build up a plausible sacrifice contender for Cyborg, since it seems like she's sticking around for a bit.

As for the matches actually on the card:

Herica Tiburcio (8-2) is a hella-talented grappler who spent most of her career at SW, but is 4'11" so the drop to AW isn't exactly unreasonable. She is a very solid fighter and a far better opponent for Michelle Waterson than Yasuko Tamada. "Far better" is a relative term however, and I would consider Waterson to still be a heavy favorite.

Atomweight World Champion Michelle Waterson (12-3) is the most flexible grappler in the sport, has some of the most unorthodoxed striking, and has cardio for days, and I'd consider Tiburcio a pretty solid underdog here. Tiburcio's best path to victory is to overpower Waterson in the clinch and get the ground and pound TKO. Waterson's best path to victory is basically any other way, but most likely outworking and escaping Tiburcio on the ground and then loving her up with her feet.

Team Quest fighter Tonya Evinger (14-5) is a longtime veteran with ridiculous core strength and very solid boxing. She also is a strong proponent of traditional education, and is best known for losing to Gina Carano because she got distracted by her looks (this is the excuse she gave anyway). She's been underestimated a number of times and is the easy favorite here.

Cindy Dandois (5-1) is a Belgian judoka who is and lately a training partner of Miesha Tate's, who has not fought in over 3 years, having taken time off to start a family. However, she holds a very narrow win over Marloes Coenen in her very first professional fight. Depending on how much Tate's really been helping her, she could be a very interesting match-up for Evinger because she's rather an unknown quantity at this point. Evinger is the heavy favorite by default in my opinion though.

Deanna Bennett (5-0) vs. Jennifer Maia (9-3-1) is probably a title eliminator at Flyweight, with Bennett coming off three straight stoppages including a TKO win over Michelle "White Pride" Ould.

Maia is a Chute Boxe veteran who has only lost to fighters who were Top 5 in the division (Vanessa Porto and Leslie Smith) and to Sheila Gaff by a faked glove touch. She also owns wins earlier in her career over Zoila Frausto, Jessica Andrade, and Elaine Albuquerque (who you've probably never heard of but trust me she's good).

Alexa Grasso (5-0) vs. new signee Alida Gray (4-1) is a really interesting match in part because it shows just how deep Invicta's Strawweight bench is even after the UFC took 10 fighters from that division (Chambers and Penne were AWs, Daly was a FLW). Grasso is a solid prospect out of Mexico who cruised through Ashley Cummins at Invicta 8 and is all of 21 years old.

Alida Gray (4-1) is a wrestler with a crushing overhand right who is best known for getting obliterated by the #1 Strawweight in the world Jessica Aguilar, after which the WSoF didn't really have anymore use for her since their women's divisions tend to only hold about 2-3 fighters at a time (Kalindra Faria would be another solid pick-up for Invicta). At 37, time really isn't on her side if she's going to make a statement in this sport, but she's still a very competent fighter.

It's amazing how with Katja Kankaanpää (10-1-1), Karolina Kowalkiewicz (6-0), Mizuki Inoue (9-2), Stephanie Eggink (4-2), Alexa Grasso (5-0), Alida Gray (4-1), and Livia Renata Souza (7-0), all of whom are arguably Top 20 fighters, Strawweight is still Invicta's deepest division even after the UFC basically reaped it.

Peggy "Daywalker" Morgan (2-2 pro, 2-0 amat.) really, really is better suited to Featherweight, so I'm kind of curious to see what she can do here. I want to try and build up her opponent and fellow ginger Andria Wawro (3-1 pro, 3-1 amat.), but considering she looked like a meth addict at the weigh-ins, and by far the best fighter on her resume is the one she lost to, that's kind of hard. I have to expect Morgan to be the heavy favorite here, and hopefully she won't have to go back to being an English Professor.

Also Roxy Modafferi (16-11) is fighting some late-replacement chick I'm totally unfamiliar with outside of her fighting at the last Invicta, Andrea Lee (2-0). I really don't know if Lee is any good or not, but if Modafferi is getting a softball match-up for once, it's only fair considering her resume.

Someone else can ramble about the opening two fights. Really, considering that the over-under for an Invicta event is that at least one fight is gonna get scratched too late to get a replacement, they really should book more than 10 fights next time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You should post that as a GDT. I'd post one but when I did it the event was really boring, I assume that was my fault. That and your post is more informative than most anything else that will be posted.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Invicta really shouldn't book long cards because the last one was loving awful and full of subpar fights. The one before was only marginally better because of the Mexican girls.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Captain Log posted:

Roxy, despite her dumb rear end dork grin, is rocking the Leia outfit. She looks more fit recently and I hope is legitimately not horrible anymore...somehow...

are you drinking again

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Andrea Lee fought on the last Invicta and looked cool, although I don't know how she'll do against a better opponent.

One FC is on now. Looks like I tuned in just in time to miss a boring fight.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Dangersim posted:

are you drinking again

i was gonna say 'maybe it's just one of those windows of positivity about life' that happens sometimes, but then i read the rocking the leia outfit part and now i am worried

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Hoger Gracie knocked out James McSweeney in case you were wondering how loving terrible James McSweeny continues to be

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hahaha standing or on the ground

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

http://gfycat.com/ImprobableLinearAsp

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

More of a TKO I think. Looks like McSweeney injured himself throwing a kick http://gfycat.com/ImprobableLinearAsp

More:

http://gfycat.com/JampackedCarefulCockatiel Bibiano doing his thing (seriously though that's a pretty slick back take)
http://gfycat.com/LastingQualifiedDiplodocus Vera kicking the poo poo out of some guy
http://gfycat.com/BlondApprehensiveDegus :rip:

Credit to Zombie Prophet as usual

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bibiano needs to fight TJ

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Roger looks bigger here. I wonder if he's added some strength work into his training.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Roger looks bigger here. I wonder if he's added some strength work into his training.

Well the biggest reason he looks bigger is that he's fighting a weight class heavier (which is probably what he should've been doing to begin with)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

This is a thing which I like and is cool