Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Are we doing a Best of 2014 thread for voting this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It'll be done eventually. Sometime in the next few weeks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tuxedo Jack posted:

We all agreed that Sepinwall's list was perfect and that's that

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well this week's episode of Reign did a thing, too bad no one watches it for it to be discussed.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Occ is taking a monthlong break from doing Who reviews so that he can do the top ten thread.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hcreight posted:

Occ is taking a monthlong break from doing Who reviews so that he can do the top ten thread.

The thread should be up this weekend assuming Sophia's on board

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sober posted:

Well this week's episode of Reign did a thing, too bad no one watches it for it to be discussed.

I was too busy watching zombie Christoper Walken sing and dance instead. Please post in the Reign thread to give me incentive to watch today instead of eventually maybe.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reign and the 100 are gonna get cancelled huh

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The 100's doing slightly better than Reign, but since The CW is probably eager to make more DC shows at this point, something's gotta get the axe.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah the ratings for the crossovers were great, we just have to hope they can restrain themselves enough to keep making good ones.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The 100 has an odd funding issue that makes it's rating a little different then everyone else which I"m sure will kick in the US soon.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

sbaldrick posted:

The 100 has an odd funding issue that makes it's rating a little different then everyone else which I"m sure will kick in the US soon.

What issue is that?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Peter Pan spoiler: An eternal child predator, he comes back thirty years later and abducts Wendy's daughter. How is this any different from the ending of the Twilight series?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ravane posted:

Peter Pan spoiler: An eternal child predator, he comes back thirty years later and abducts Wendy's daughter. How is this any different from the ending of the Twilight series?

He grows up to be Robin Williams.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

bobkatt013 posted:

He grows up to be Robin Williams.

I'd rather he be more lesbian and less dead.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey Ravane, if you want to post more about your revelatory Peter Pan experience go to the Peter Pan thread.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Z-Nation season finale tonight :dance:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Z-Nation season finale tonight :dance:

Z Nation is a legit good show and everyone should really give it a chance.

Yeah it's The Asylum, but haven't they always been really good at what they set out to do? Z Nation is their normal MO but in tv form, so it actually has good characters that you will like and care about over more than 2 hours, and a plot that doesn't meander and isn't afraid to make major changes. Seriously, it's good.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

IRQ posted:

Z Nation is a legit good show and everyone should really give it a chance.

Yeah it's The Asylum, but haven't they always been really good at what they set out to do? Z Nation is their normal MO but in tv form, so it actually has good characters that you will like and care about over more than 2 hours, and a plot that doesn't meander and isn't afraid to make major changes. Seriously, it's good.

It's ok.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love Strike Back. Good cinematography, choreography and practical effects backed by solid writing. I am so used to awful network espionage shows with shaky cam and CGI helicopters.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

James Woods Fan posted:

I love Strike Back. Good cinematography, choreography and practical effects backed by solid writing. I am so used to awful network espionage shows with shaky cam and CGI helicopters.

I've said it once and i'll say it again, Strike Back is the best action show ever made. It is a quality show through and through.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this guy^

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If we're talking creepy relationships nothing beats Aria and Ezra on Pretty Little Liars.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.

Rarity posted:

If we're talking creepy relationships nothing beats Aria and Ezra on Pretty Little Liars.

I know! I couldn't keep watching PLL because of it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

I know! I couldn't keep watching PLL because of it.

Is that relationship introduced in the first episode?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can we please change the Z Nation title to "Z Nation - The 'Z' is for 'Zombie'"?

e: also, to close up that idiotic Peter Pan discussion, AV Club says the Mr. Darling actor also played Smee.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 6, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bown posted:

Can we please change the Z Nation title to "Z Nation - The 'Z' is for 'Zombie'"?

Are you sure it's not for Zzzzzz :v:

zoux posted:

Yeah the ratings for the crossovers were great, we just have to hope they can restrain themselves enough to keep making good ones.

I kinda wish Constantine had been on CW instead of NBC, because I have no faith in it getting past a first season on NBC whereas they could probably make a pretty good pairing with Supernatural. I guess that would just invite a bunch of "Constantine is a ripoff of Castiel" comments though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 6, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Apparently tumble is full of people throwing fits that say exactly that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah but Tumblr is full of retards.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

PriorMarcus posted:

Is that relationship introduced in the first episode?

Yes it is, and it starts out bad and gets way way way worse.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

cool kids inc. posted:

Yes it is, and it starts out bad and gets way way way worse.

Doesn't PLL have a supernatural spin-off now? How does that work?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PriorMarcus posted:

Doesn't PLL have a supernatural spin-off now?

It was canceled almost a year ago already.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

PriorMarcus posted:

Doesn't PLL have a supernatural spin-off now? How does that work?

Well it doesn't anymore, it got cancelled. I didn't hang on to PLL long enough to find out, but I'm certain it was stupid.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i tried to watch transparent

Jeffrey Tambor is loving incredible and does some of his best acting ever but holy poo poo i hate every single one of the kids, and i know that's partially intentional but jesus christ all of his kids are just the worst people ever

and it's amazing how they're each terrible but in their own unique ways

we got the oldest daughter who's the repressed lesbian stay-at-home trophy wife mom, who is the WASPiest WASP to ever WASP and super entitled and irritating

we got the youngest daughter who's a Girls reject for being too selfish and too much of a uttely useless parasite of a human being, who's also completely self-centered and bothersome

and we got the son, who's the utterly materialistic skeezy music producer who, just for fun, has shades of pedophilia to his character

like this show is basically Why White People are Terrible: the TV show, and even in one episode i wanted to shut it off because of how goddamn reprehensible Jeffrey Tambor's piece of poo poo kids are

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

Are you sure it's not for Zzzzzz :v:

I kinda wish Constantine had been on CW instead of NBC, because I have no faith in it getting past a first season on NBC whereas they could probably make a pretty good pairing with Supernatural. I guess that would just invite a bunch of "Constantine is a ripoff of Castiel" comments though.

The Supernatural guys tried to get a spinoff urban fantasy series onto the CW that was basically Constantine meets The Dresden Files, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Toxxupation posted:

i tried to watch transparent

Jeffrey Tambor is loving incredible and does some of his best acting ever but holy poo poo i hate every single one of the kids, and i know that's partially intentional but jesus christ all of his kids are just the worst people ever

and it's amazing how they're each terrible but in their own unique ways

we got the oldest daughter who's the repressed lesbian stay-at-home trophy wife mom, who is the WASPiest WASP to ever WASP and super entitled and irritating

we got the youngest daughter who's a Girls reject for being too selfish and too much of a uttely useless parasite of a human being, who's also completely self-centered and bothersome

and we got the son, who's the utterly materialistic skeezy music producer who, just for fun, has shades of pedophilia to his character

like this show is basically Why White People are Terrible: the TV show, and even in one episode i wanted to shut it off because of how goddamn reprehensible Jeffrey Tambor's piece of poo poo kids are

The kids being terrible people is a pretty huge part of the season. If it frustrated you that much it probably just isn't for you.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The Supernatural guys tried to get a spinoff urban fantasy series onto the CW that was basically Constantine meets The Dresden Files, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Honestly, I personally don't think Constantine is good enough to be on the CW any way.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I think if Constantine was on CW or AMC, the stories would be much more darker and harder edged than loving NBC.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's funny cause Gaby Hoffmann actually is in Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The daughters on Transparent are actually not that bad compared to the son, who is a borderline sociopath. like, holy poo poo, everything is wrong with him, what the gently caress. The older daughter has problems, but the way she almost immediately supports her father's transition humanizes her. also her husband is such a tremendous pisshead that it's kinda hard to blame her for leaving him.
and I suspect all the weird poo poo Gaby Hoffman's character does doesn't bother me so much mostly because Gaby Hoffman is cute.

• Locked thread