Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Irish Joe posted:

Not to oversell it, there's a cumshot in one of the first few episodes that makes Game of Thrones' cumshot seem downright tasteful.

I've never watched Spartacus because it's tasteful. I didn't watch as much Spartacus as I did because I wanted tasteful TV.

e: that sentence seemed weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I don't remember a cumshot in spartacus

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It wasn't a cumshot but they showed a dude sex slave with sperm on his face. I think it's only on the Blu Ray version and not TV airings.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I can see why that was relegated to a DVD extra

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it was cut. During the brothel murderthon from season 2.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

For a second, I didn't know which show this referred to. That says something about the state of premium TV that the phrase "brothel murderthon" could apply to more then one show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Spartacus you need to specify which one.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I would just like to take a minute and complain how badly Canada has it for streaming services. Canada's two major media companies have both launched streaming services in the past month or so, both of which require you to have service with their respective cable companies (our media companies are worse then yours) and all I see even on my pvr is commercials for them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gonz posted:

Don't forget the whole Caesar getting rear end-raped out of NOWHERE plot device. That was rather shocking.

I haven't seen it but if happened when he was younger it wasn't a plot device it was a thing that happened in history.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:australia: is miles worse. Our Netflix almost will have nothing that hasn't been on FTA tv

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

I would just like to take a minute and complain how badly Canada has it for streaming services. Canada's two major media companies have both launched streaming services in the past month or so, both of which require you to have service with their respective cable companies (our media companies are worse then yours) and all I see even on my pvr is commercials for them.

I have a Rogers cellphone and Bell internet and because of that neither service is available to me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

:australia: is miles worse. Our Netflix almost will have nothing that hasn't been on FTA tv

Can't you UK/Canada guys spoof a US IP to get our Netflix?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

Can't you UK/Canada guys spoof a US IP to get our Netflix?

Yeah you can, but a lot of people are under the impression it's illegal and won't do it.

The others will just continue torrenting.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Canada has one of the best Netflixes in my experience.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aphrodite posted:

I have a Rogers cellphone and Bell internet and because of that neither service is available to me.

How does that even work?

It's not as bad as Roger's hockey streaming deal with data charges apply but it's free and they don't tell you that in the ads.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rogers one is for Internet and TV customers, Bell is TV only.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rocksicles posted:

Ah, the brothel murderthon in S2 was hilarious with how much crazy poo poo was going on while the slaves just came in and murdered people. There was a fat chick pegging a dude too, which was way too funny not to remember.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

zoux posted:

I haven't seen it but if happened when he was younger it wasn't a plot device it was a thing that happened in history.
Those were always rumors used in political attack ads by his enemies.

Mu Zeta posted:

The last season has Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus kicking rear end and they are awesome while also being the villains.
I wish we got a Julius Caesar spinoff, but then it would just turn into Rome except in the style of Spartacus.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish we got a Julius Caesar spinoff, but then it would just turn into Rome except in the style of Spartacus.

Sold.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
From what i recall that idea wasn't something that DeKnight threw around, it was others. Correct me if i'm wrong.

He wanted to do Incursion right after Spartacus.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 8, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Too bad Incursion from the way DeKnight pitched it was probably too expensive for Starz :smith:

It's okay though, sorta, a bunch of Spartacus actors show up in Arrow being awesome :unsmith:

Although I kinda wanted Spartacus in space

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

So how much bullshit was that snake eating a guy alive last night?

Should I even bother with my recording?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

So how much bullshit was that snake eating a guy alive last night?

Should I even bother with my recording?

From what I've heard of it, it's an hour and a half of searching for a snake that doesn't exist, 30 minutes of trying to coax a snake to eat the guy, and one half-assed BUT WHAT IF HE WAS ACTUALLY EATEN test to see what would happen.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Should of dressed as a Capybara.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sober posted:

It's okay though, sorta, a bunch of Spartacus actors show up in Arrow being awesome :unsmith:

Yeah, Arrow's only about 1/16th as awesome as Spartacus though.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
The Ludus should have had a salmon ladder.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Rocksicles posted:

Just notice the evil chick from The Librarians is Naevia 1 from Spartacus.

It's such a cool show.

I was trying to figure out why she looked so familiar! All I could come up with was that she looks like she could have been sisters with the actress who played Allison from Eureka.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

zoux posted:

I don't recall ever reading that a young Caesar was sodomized by Tiberius Licinius Crassus during the Third Servile War.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone recommend The Dead Zone? (The one with Anthony Michael Hall.)

I've heard it does paranormal investigationy / supernaturalish stuff (being based on a Stephen King novel, even if only loosely; I've not read the book, so the faithfulness of the adaptation to its source material, or lack thereof, is no issue for me), which I feel like watching at the moment.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Any connection to Micheal C. Hall?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Metal Loaf posted:

Can anyone recommend The Dead Zone? (The one with Anthony Michael Hall.)

I've heard it does paranormal investigationy / supernaturalish stuff (being based on a Stephen King novel, even if only loosely; I've not read the book, so the faithfulness of the adaptation to its source material, or lack thereof, is no issue for me), which I feel like watching at the moment.

It's actually not a half bad show. Give it a watch. The last season is pretty terrible though. I remember they got rid of half the cast, and the showrunner.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

It's actually not a half bad show. Give it a watch. The last season is pretty terrible though. I remember they got rid of half the cast, and the showrunner.

After Sliders and Highlander, I'm more or less inured to the last seasons of genre shows being terrible.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, I remember the early seasons of The Dead Zone being fun. Might be rose-tinted glasses, but they had some fun one-offs and cases of the week. The bad thing is that, yeah, the last season isn't too good and a lot of their plans for long-running plot stuff fell through. I actually don't even really remember how it wrapped, so it must not have left much of a mark. I remember reading through the showrunner's plans and I think they had some really great mythology stuff planned that all had to be compressed into a bit of a mess.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I remember now. Michael Pillar was the showrunner and he died, so there was a big hiatus between seasons 5 and 6. When it came back, it was a shadow of it's former self and you can easily tell the network totally changed things up to try to please the shippers and fans.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FX has renewed The League for another, final, season.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Nick Kroll is a hideously ugly and untalented man.

*that's in reference to The League

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Kroll Show.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hey, in very good and very surprising news, USA has renewed Playing House for a second season!

http://deadline.com/2014/12/playing-house-renewed-season-2-usa-1201316407/

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

ShakeZula posted:

Hey, in very good and very surprising news, USA has renewed Playing House for a second season!

This is the best TV news in a long time. Long live Bosephus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

That kind of took forever.

• Locked thread