Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Technically the invisible girl is naked except for the gloves and shoes she wears. Not sure why she wouldn't just wear clothes in class since it's not like she really HAS to be invisible all the time but w/e thankfully they haven't gotten terribly creepy about it.

Have they shown her visible yet?

EDIT: Clothed obviously

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Yeah, earlier on you can see a school outfit just kinda floating in the air. It's probably her.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

*gero is the noise frogs do in japan, instead of the american ribbit

:frogout:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Radish posted:

It feels like everyone in the comic is trying really hard to ignore the fact that one teacher is walking around topless...

I had to do a double-take, because I was like "Wait wait is dominatrix lady really walking around topless??!" Maybe her superpower is the ability to not have nipples.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Am I the only one who assumed it was some sort of spandex?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kyte posted:

Am I the only one who assumed it was some sort of spandex?

No, because that's the logical conclusion until someone in the manga actually comments about her being topless. Ladies in scandalous spandex are a super hero comic staple.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

JosephWongKS posted:

Spoilers for Chapter 21:

Name: Cement
Quirk: Cement

:allears:

I love this dude even more than the Mic guy.

Ytlaya posted:

I went ahead and read chapters 19-21 and they were pretty great. I wonder how they're going to handle Midoriya transitioning to becoming more powerful; it seems like the instant he learns to control his power is also the instant he becomes stronger/more capable than the vast majority of characters in the comic's world.

We'll know when Midoriya's mastered the power when he starts getting drawn with all the cross-hatching like All Might.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DrSunshine posted:

I had to do a double-take, because I was like "Wait wait is dominatrix lady really walking around topless??!" Maybe her superpower is the ability to not have nipples.

Lack of toe joint nipples is the indicator of super powers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Green Intern posted:

I love this dude even more than the Mic guy.

We'll know when Midoriya's mastered the power when he starts getting drawn with all the cross-hatching like All Might.
I wonder if Midoriya will have a superswole transformation mode because it'd be weird to have him get All Might huge permanently or even on a regular basis.

It would also give the whole game away because :crossarms: hmmm super strength, state/city themed smash attacks, and a superswole body? I can't imagine the other students would find out the truth about his quirk THIS early.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
To be fair to Izuku, I'm pretty sure that at least 75% of all the kids with any degree of super-strength have probably imitated All Might in the theme-named attack department. And probably just as many without super-strength, but they likely stopped doing it before middle school.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah even if they knew that Midoriya and All Might had a connection, the logical conclusion to that would be All Might chose an apprentice with a super strength quirk like him, not that he transferred his quirk.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 12, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if Midoriya will have a superswole transformation mode because it'd be weird to have him get All Might huge permanently or even on a regular basis.

It would also give the whole game away because :crossarms: hmmm super strength, state/city themed smash attacks, and a superswole body? I can't imagine the other students would find out the truth about his quirk THIS early.

As far as they would know a one-in-a-million/billion thing happened and they have the same quirk.
But not literally the same quirk, mind.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

As far as they would know a one-in-a-million/billion thing happened and they have the same quirk.
But not literally the same quirk, mind.

Hand guy seems to believe that All Might is a murderous rear end in a top hat that just happens to be popular. He also treats one of his hands like they're his father's. So do his hands belong to family members? Can he use their powers that way? Did All Might kill hand guy's father? Did All Might's predecessor do it? Will they answer these questions in the middle of a beach arc?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Soylentbits posted:

Hand guy seems to believe that All Might is a murderous rear end in a top hat that just happens to be popular. He also treats one of his hands like they're his father's. So do his hands belong to family members? Can he use their powers that way? Did All Might kill hand guy's father? Did All Might's predecessor do it? Will they answer these questions in the middle of a beach arc?
I kinda wish Hands would've went into it a bit more because the idea of villains actually addressing the fact that licensed heroes beating up badguys is pretty much state-licensed violence is kind of a cool angle instead of "WE'RE ASSHOLES AND WANNA KILL STUFF"

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Soylentbits posted:

Hands will show up in the beach arc and challenge All Might and the kids to a volleyball match with just him and portal guy on the villain team.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Hands will show up in the beach arc and challenge All Might and the kids to a volleyball match with just him and portal guy on the villain team.

I'll bet he won't be complaining about cheating then.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Fabricated posted:

I kinda wish Hands would've went into it a bit more because the idea of villains actually addressing the fact that licensed heroes beating up badguys is pretty much state-licensed violence is kind of a cool angle instead of "WE'RE ASSHOLES AND WANNA KILL STUFF"
He's got the rest of his life in the manga to do that, why let it all loose early?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Twiddy posted:

He's got the rest of his life in the manga to do that, why let it all loose early?
This particular artist/author has not had terribly good luck at keeping a series from cancellation.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hero Academia is doing amazingly well, it's not gonna get cancelled anytime soon.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Kyte posted:

Hero Academia is doing amazingly well, it's not gonna get cancelled anytime soon.

Quite a few comics have been unjustly cancelled though.

Mx0!!!!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Soylentbits posted:

Mx0!!!!
Did Mx0 compete with AssClass and One Piece in terms of rankings?

This isn't rocket science. Going by actual measures that most companies use to determine keeping things in circulation, this manga's not getting cancelled any time soon.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Soylentbits posted:

Mx0!!!!

Mx0 was a pretty rad manga, but for whatever reason, the voters didn't care much for it so it never ranked highly, usually sitting on the bottom half of the rankings. I assume it didn't make enough volume sales either to justify keeping it so it got canceled.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Twiddy posted:

Did Mx0 compete with AssClass and One Piece in terms of rankings?

This isn't rocket science. Going by actual measures that most companies use to determine keeping things in circulation, this manga's not getting cancelled any time soon.

Yeah but on the other hand talk of potential cancellation leads to a perfect segue about the unjustness of Mx0's cancellation.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Soylentbits posted:

Yeah but on the other hand talk of potential cancellation leads to a perfect segue about the unjustness of Mx0's cancellation.
There is no potential cancellation. There is people thinking that companies are big scary monsters that want to destroy everything you like with an evil grin, rather than a business that simply decides these things using metrics that none of their readers use.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

They are going to bleed My Hero Macadamia dry.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
To be fair to Mx0 though, it was basically competing with Jump's all-star lineup for those years, with your usual big names One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and Toriko, but also Eyeshield 21, Neuro, Psyren, Reborn, the return of Hunter x Hunter again, D.Gray-Man, Gintama, Prince of Tennis, To-Love-Ru, and Sket Dance. It only stands to reason it was never able to maintain a stable high ranking when it was competing against those big hitters. Though why nobody bought it, I have no idea.

What I'm curious about is what happened to Double Arts, which actually started off strong before it dropped off in popularity within months. I assume it just couldn't sell volumes, but it's just interesting how it just gradually drops down the rankings till it just ends.

My Hero Academia is ranking and selling well though, so it has a pretty strong lifeline for the time being, especially in the vacuum left by Naruto ending.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Allarion posted:

To be fair to Mx0 though, it was basically competing with Jump's all-star lineup for those years, with your usual big names One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and Toriko, but also Eyeshield 21, Neuro, Psyren, Reborn, the return of Hunter x Hunter again, D.Gray-Man, Gintama, Prince of Tennis, To-Love-Ru, and Sket Dance. It only stands to reason it was never able to maintain a stable high ranking when it was competing against those big hitters. Though why nobody bought it, I have no idea.

What I'm curious about is what happened to Double Arts, which actually started off strong before it dropped off in popularity within months. I assume it just couldn't sell volumes, but it's just interesting how it just gradually drops down the rankings till it just ends.

My Hero Academia is ranking and selling well though, so it has a pretty strong lifeline for the time being, especially in the vacuum left by Naruto ending.
Psyren got rushed to an ending as well.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Allarion posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if part of MHA's success is because it is filling the hole left by Naruto ending - it's a new series with cool superpowered people learning how to be heroes and do missions as teams, with great writing and art and a setting that oozes style, just like early Naruto was.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Chapter 19 is up on Batoto

Man, I hope this won't be one of those "Death of the Mentor" deals. All Might just gets better and better the hammier he gets.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

jwang posted:

Chapter 19 is up on Batoto

Man, I hope this won't be one of those "Death of the Mentor" deals. All Might just gets better and better the hammier he gets.

He's the absolute best. I really hope not. I can deal with crippled or loss of his One For All powers but I can't bear to see him die. :ohdear:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was the most superhero comic way to beat that guy. The author's clearly done his research.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 14, 2014

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

A goddamn rush attack. :allears:

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Having his power transfer only require eating a part of him seems terribly unsafe - all it takes is someone finding out about it, or some villain that bites, and suddenly you have a bunch of evil All Mights running around. I'm sure the evil scientist who made Noumu from scratch could do terrible thing with a hair if it's that easy, and if your power is only limited by what your body can handle, then if you give it to an indestructible, regenerating body...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well yeah, that's probably one of the reason All Might wants his quirk kept secret.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope that the mad scientist looks properly stereotypical. I want a cape and lab coat combo at minimum.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I'm hoping that the mad scientist has some Rasputin issues with his/her appearance, so that we get to see somebody in an obviously fake white mustache and beard getup with jet black (or curly blonde) hair.

See 'em putting on age makeup before going out to experiment, those kinds of things.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Chapter 19 is out. And there is a page in it that made me think of a certain nano-machine infused final boss's theme.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Haha Yes.
Thats what it reminded me of.

"All for one, son."

But thats kind of weird, before he was built super muscular but still cut a lean figure.
In that panel he looked more like a concrete wall.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Haha Yes.
Thats what it reminded me of.

"All for one, son."

But thats kind of weird, before he was built super muscular but still cut a lean figure.
In that panel he looked more like a concrete wall.

I guess that's just what 110% looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
You know, it occurs to me that All Might, especially the All Might of now, isn't the best kind of person to try and exposit to. Which only makes the comparison to the Senator even funnier to me.

So, really, Hands McGee wasn't about to get his whole spiel out.