Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
any decision that enables josh's hubris is a win for yospos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.
this is actually a good thing for buttcoin

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
all they won is time.

the FTC lawsuit will continue on. the judge would not order an injunction before the final determination. butterfly labs is not out of the woods, nor did they win against the FTC.

inaba will call everyone a cocksucker to their face, but he'll still have his day in court to answer for what he and the other butterfly faggots have done.

comedy delayed is comedy sweetened.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Hilbert Spaceship posted:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

GPF posted:

inaba will call everyone a cocksucker to their face, on the internet

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/butterfly-labs-gets-ftc-injunction-lifted-reaffirms-they-loving-rock-bro

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

nicsho is getting better

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

deal with that cocksuckers

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Magrov posted:

dont worry guys, now we get to see a smug josh/inaba calling everybody on the bitcointalk thread a cocksucker

lol yeah I'm sure he heard it through the "grapevine" and didn't pull that fifth grade insult out of his rear end

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Hilbert Spaceship posted:

with this boost, butts are finally going to moon

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ayn rand hand job posted:

nicsho is getting better
that's not him, he has his own account named "nicsho"

an article posted by "buttcoin" is from either fckgw or killhamster, i'm guessing that it's the latter here

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

an article posted by "buttcoin" is from either fckgw or killhamster, i'm guessing that it's the latter here

buttcoin is me, killhamster is killhamster

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FCKGW posted:

:doh:

i guess you just write so many more articles that it seemed like there was only the one account, going back through the pages i am getting a few killhamsters too

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it was a joke

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
this is al;l buillshit, im thoroughly disillusioned. they were supposed to be losers. this was supposed to be funnyu. youve all lied to me and that';s what really hurts the most. you lied. im literally shaking as i type this

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

FCKGW posted:

Wisdom :420:

alsoWTF FTC. no dinner for you.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

indigi posted:

this is al;l buillshit, im thoroughly disillusioned. they were supposed to be losers. this was supposed to be funnyu. youve all lied to me and that';s what really hurts the most. you lied. im literally shaking as i type this

hello new bitcoin ghost

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Sham bam bamina! posted:

:doh:

i guess you just write so many more articles that it seemed like there was only the one account, going back through the pages i am getting a few killhamsters too

no there's only one of me

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
ahaha when the gently caress did i pick up this custom title?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
You received a Bitcoin tip via /r/changetip!

gently caress

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
wow look at that huge bump in bitcoin price from all this publicity surrounding microsoft taking bitcoins he said sarcasticly typing into the black and green forum

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

You received a Bitcoin tip via /r/changetip!

gently caress

send it to Karpeles and then post proof to whoever sent it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

StateOwned posted:

wow look at that huge bump in bitcoin price from all this publicity surrounding microsoft taking bitcoins he said sarcasticly typing into the black and green forum

MORE CHEAP COINS

And then Microsoft will buy a bunch of bitcoins for some reason and BOOM, every bitcoiner becomes filthy rich and the bombs that George Washington's ghost planted in the Fed finally go off, bringing down the US banking system. The second coming of Satoshi happens and Karpeles is elected President of the United States 4 Life

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

srsly ftc you had one loving job

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665421

this guy takes bitcoins

warning: full-on crazy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 13, 2014

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Same Great Paste posted:

srsly ftc you had one loving job

their job is to win the war. som ebtatles might be lost in the process.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This is very upsetting, I'm going to go inside of my scrooge mcduck money vault and count my fiat, maybe turn on the money machines for a little bit (not too long though, don't want to start the hyperinflation until bitcoin is dead)

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

[–]killerstorm 5 points 8 hours ago

I live in an European country. Never understood why we even have an army. We are surrounded by friendly, civilized countries, they aren't going to invade us. And we don't want to invade them either.
And political leaders didn't seem to care about the army either, as it was severely underfunded. So I was thinking this way for decades, but this year life taught me a lesson: my country was invaded by one of those "friendly, civilized" neighbor countries.

One who follows the news would correctly guess that I live in Ukraine. And I happened to live in the part which was invaded.
A year ago I believed in economic incentives and the fact that people are rational. But it turned out I severely underestimated a degree to which rationality is bounded. (I.e. people are stupid.)
I wish all you staunch libertarians saw it with your own eyes... Basically, what happened is that the state lost its monopoly on violence. We went from a mostly centralized violence (police force) to a mostly decentralized one. And no, it wasn't cool.

In phase one, "protesters" stormed one of the government buildings, and the police was unable to defend it, was too reluctant to apply violence. So it became the protester HQ. It was like 500m from my home. It was eerie to see barricades growing around it, seeing "protesters'" "self-defense" people when you go for groceries. The result was elevated level of crime. Many of so-called self-defense forces were former criminals. You know, if you have a stable job, you probably won't join self-defense, as you have better things to do. But it was a great opportunity for the homeless, unemployed, and former criminals. They had a chance to get some weapons and some protection against police. Also regular criminals felt that the police became weaker and scared... I've heard quite a few chilling stories, but it didn't affect me personally, and it wasn't that bad...

On the phase two, mercenaries hired by Russia were able to capture a whole town. And Ukrainian military was too unprofessional to get it back. (Although I think to a large degree it was sabotage on the leadership level.)
On the phase three, when Ukrainian military was able to get its poo poo together and nearly crush the "rebels", Russia sent its regular forces. (Russia denies that, but it was confirmed by the former Minister of Defense of the Donetsk People's Republic in a public interview.)
So, yeah, now I see how an army (and a state) is kinda useful. And I don't think it can be replaced with a private structure, because private army will have bad incentives. And "starving the beast" is actually a bad idea. (Again, creates bad incentives.) If you are against war (who isn't?), you should be for things like direct democracy, education, e-government etc. Basically you want to control your government, so it won't be able to start a war. But just getting rid of the army cold turkey is a bad idea. Speaking from experience, you know...

[–]pseudoRndNbr 1 point 3 hours ago

You have a misunderstanding of anarcho-capitalism and libertarianism. Anarcho-capitalists don't support violence as a means of ending the state. They support a slow transition into a completely free market (through crypto-currencies for example). So no, this is not a libertarian wet dream, far from it. This violence is a direct response to a corrupt government not some anarcho-capitalists wanting a free market.

> A year ago I believed in economic incentives and the fact that people are rational. But it turned out I severely underestimated a degree to which rationality is bounded. (I.e. people are stupid.)

People are rational in that they'll always do what profits them the most. If I'm not mistaken your government was corrupt as gently caress, so demonstrating and getting a new government seemed like a good idea to them.
In a free market the russians would have had a much harder time, because you would actually pay for your own safety. There would be companies offering protection (and actual contracts that require them to defend you contrary to the 'contract' you have with the police and the army).

> But just getting rid of the army cold turkey is a bad idea. Speaking from experience, you know...

You use army as if there is only 1 kind of army. Libertarians are not against self defense and probably understand that at the moment the army should be used for self defense (which is completely different from using an army to invade foreign countries). But the ultimate goal is to have defense companies compete against each other to actually get a decent service for what you pay.
I live in a direct democracy (switzerland) and it's poo poo. There's corruption, there are lots of monopolies, the presidents (we got 7 of them) do in no way respect the people and decide against the will of the people on a daily basis. The police is racist as gently caress and doesn't really feel that they need to protect you.
:allears:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Herman Merman posted:

People are rational in that they'll always do what profits them the most. If I'm not mistaken your government was corrupt as gently caress, so demonstrating and getting a new government seemed like a good idea to them.
In a free market the russians would have had a much harder time, because you would actually pay for your own safety. There would be companies offering protection (and actual contracts that require them to defend you contrary to the 'contract' you have with the police and the army).
these definitely aren't contradictory at all lol

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

proclick as gently caress

this is brian boyko levels of not understanding your audience

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

'people always do what will benefit them most' is the greatest belief because the more you show them evidence they more redefine 'benefit' until it becomes completely meaningless

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Hello, My name is Joshua.

I am asking for $4,400 to kick-start my 'Thought Amplification Rod' business. I have eleven pre-carved wooden rods, but am no longer permitted to make them at my current dwelling, due to religious conflict. I have all the necessary tools for engraving, gold gilding etc, but need more gems and crystals along with more supplies and tools.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

due to religious conflict.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/bxaipi/stand-up-hannibal-buress--uncensored---racist-taxi-accident

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

ah yes that horrible place to live in called switzerland

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
did... did we just experience a single libtard evolve an understanding of why governments exist?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bucketmouse posted:

proclick as gently caress

this is brian boyko levels of not understanding your audience

i wouldn't say that

it's in tcc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Management posted:

did... did we just experience a single libtard evolve an understanding of why governments exist?

yes!

and all it took was a complete breakdown of law and order in exactly the way they idealize, followed by being stomped by the russians

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there's such a thing as racism against magic wands

ayn rand hand job posted:

i wouldn't say that

it's in tcc

did it get moved there??

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008