Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also...

...I got a boon last night

:kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

What you want us to just ignore flavor in this case?

Despite the fact this isn't just a flavor argument, and Pmush did claim back up cop as well?

i read that as a warning that reading too much into flavour is dumb

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

Also...

:toot:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

I think it's a bit more than coincidence that all three of the main characters who've flipped so far have been scum.

taking a sample size of two and declaring "this is... more than a coincidence" is not v. convincing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

i read that as a warning that reading too much into flavour is dumb

In that it turn out the good guys in the story are the bad guys in the mafia game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
PMom are you Wirt?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no

are you?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(also: i'm obviously not scum pay attention)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I feel like expecting Wirt to be mafia after seeing both Greg and Beatrice be mafia isn't too out-there.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Somberbrero again I really liked how you did this setup. I was thinking all throughout the day yesterday "The best way to do this setup is to have the kids either be scum, or not even roles in the game" and I was so happy to see you did the former.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Reminder: Amoeba didn't claim his flavor before going out of the game

With Pmush claiming Amoeba's frog he would have a tough time explaining his earlier actions.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

Theme music for day 2

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

If you would read the rules you would know that multiple theme music suggestions from a single player are not valid. Submission denied.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

If you would read the rules you would know that multiple theme music suggestions from a single player are not valid. Submission denied.

wait what this is an actual thing

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

Theme music for day 2

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I'll allow it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I love being in Somber games. :allears:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Quandary posted:

Honestly P-Mush would be my 4th or 5th choice to vote, but at this point it looks like it will be coming down to either PMush or bowmore and I think bowmore is town. I'd much rather lynch yuming or amoeba.

hey guys can we talk about the fact that I am Great At Mafia.

listen to my reads in the future hth

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don't really think bowmore is scum anymore..

lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I don't really think bowmore is scum anymore..

lol
Why the sudden change of heart?

Quandary posted:

hey guys can we talk about the fact that I am Great At Mafia.

listen to my reads in the future hth
Let's hear your reads then. If you had your way, who would you lynch today?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Let's hear your reads then. If you had your way, who would you lynch today?

Working on it homie. Turns out my two main suspects are dead so I need to do some reading.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

mr.capps posted:

Also...

I gotta say, this worries me, but I dunno how it'll play out?

In general, I'm kind of lost with the flavor arguments people are making about how the game might be structured, since I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the show yet, so I'm stuck relying on my s c u m h u n t i n g ability, of which there is none.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I will try, however.

As soon as I get back from the bank and grocery store. And before day one ends in my own game. gently caress, I'm busy today.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Today lets look at Dr. Hurt and his posting with regards to amoeba yesterday near the lynch.

He's on bowmore most of the day, then does an (albeit reasonable) defense of PMush. However the real fun begins when he votes amoeba on a worthless post, with no prior posting about amoeba at all to back it up. Moreover, it's the 5th vote which is a pretty good place for a scumbuddy to suddenly get on the bandwagon, where he can contribute to the lynch but its already a bit of a foregone conclusion.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Toot toot!!

##vote amoeba

After voting, then he decides to make his vote look like its actually based on a case. To amoeba:

Dr. Hurt posted:

You are literally advocating "lynch this then this because I said so." take a step back and think about where we are finding a problem with this. Now take a step forward and put these thoughts into motion. Good. Congrats. I hope you are now voting yourself thanks.

Dr. Hurt posted:

This has been a v. good day 1 all around guys let's top it all off by axing an Amoeba. Amoeba please play more games in the future you seem like a cool microbe.

Lets remember that there was no attacks on amoeba at all until Dr. Hurt voted. This looks like a very clear case on a scumbuddy attempting to bus and doing it poorly.

##Vote Dr. Hurt

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why the sudden change of heart?

yuming's flip

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Quandary posted:

However the real fun begins when he votes amoeba on a worthless post, with no prior posting about amoeba at all to back it up.

Hmm? Hurt was part of the Amoeba Haranguing Brigade with Capps and I. F_V specifically called all three of us out on badgering Amoeba without laying votes on him. This part of your case is just plain untrue.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess your entire case is based on Hurt jumping onto the bandwagon with no thought, which... you don't have a case.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hey Quandary since you can't be bothered looking at my post history here is just two posts before the chain starts where I talk about Amoeba and his tunneling/awful case.

Dr. Hurt posted:

The canary has died. Your tunnel is not safe any more. There are way too many toxic fumes. Come up and take a deep breath of the clear oxygen and look at the million of other situations in which a possibly TOWN person might have a reason for submitting a hypothesis that in a role madness game Sombrero might make two scum teams. i don't believe there are two scum teams, but it's a good thought to throw out. Why is this a case. The canary is dead. I'm dying. Tell my kids, I wish they were better at things.

Dr. Hurt posted:

The world has moved on. Crumbled into ruins around him. Amoeba stumbles out of a fall out shelter. "Ah now I have time. Time enough at last. Time to prove that PMush really did launch the bombs that devastated this great country." Amoeba starts to put on his glasses but his arms, so excited to have caught PMush in such an obvious slip knock the glasses off his face. "noooo. It's not fair. it's not fair. It's not faaaair."

End scene.

Nice try though.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Hmmm. I apologize, I think I skimmed those two posts originally because I started reading them and they looked like dumb flavor posts. That was lazy of me and I need to rethink this.

##Unvote

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Eughh something about Dr. Hurt still doesn't seem right to me. Hurt, how do you feel about bowmore now?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Allen Wren posted:

I gotta say, this worries me, but I dunno how it'll play out?

In general, I'm kind of lost with the flavor arguments people are making about how the game might be structured, since I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the show yet, so I'm stuck relying on my s c u m h u n t i n g ability, of which there is none.

Only scum have something to fear now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think we are only dealing with one scum team.

It would be funny if Amoeba was actually worried about multiple scum teams and thought what pmush said meant there were ones, so never brought up the 2 scum team thing because he didn't want people to think "OH HE IS WORRIED ABOUT 2 SCUM TEAMS... BECAUSE HE IS SCUM"

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Let's see, he either wasn't reading the game or paying attention because he forgot I was voting him and tried to frame my "potential upcoming" vote as scummy.

bowmore posted:

you mean all of the reasonings voting me, because they are all terrible

And I'm waiting for Hurts vote on me justified with "well he's scum because everyone is moving onto PMush and I don't like it"

He claimed that Sandwolf's case on him was lazy, but didn't put any effort into it besides calling him lazy and digging up posts to say. . . that he's lazy.

bowmore posted:

This is your entire "case" against me just in case you can't see past your own bullshit.

He's been a real grumbleguts for most of the game after people started getting suspicious of him. A lot of him saying folks are bullshit and playing himself up as the town martyr.

bowmore posted:

there are people worse than you like yuming and fiery and it's why the town is gonna lose, you can't see past your own poo poo smeared opinions

bowmore posted:

I'm done, lynch away. I'm town and a power role. Go gently caress yourselves.

And yet, I don't know if scum would go out and blatantly spend an entire post saying

bowmore posted:

I don't think Amoeba is scum

would put themselves on the line like that. He hasn't posted since the flip but that's probably because he's asleep since he's on Oz time. He's on the backburner right now because I want to see how he responds to day 2 now that he isn't in as much danger. I think FV's vehement defense of Amoeba warrants closer inspection.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I feel from the fact that the mafia had a bulletproof and that two scum teams in 15 people is hard to balance, its far more likely to be a scum team and an SK.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quandary posted:

I feel from the fact that the mafia had a bulletproof and that two scum teams in 15 people is hard to balance, its far more likely to be a scum team and an SK.

Completely agree.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Let's see, he either wasn't reading the game or paying attention because he forgot I was voting him and tried to frame my "potential upcoming" vote as scummy.

He claimed that Sandwolf's case on him was lazy, but didn't put any effort into it besides calling him lazy and digging up posts to say. . . that he's lazy.

He's been a real grumbleguts for most of the game after people started getting suspicious of him. A lot of him saying folks are bullshit and playing himself up as the town martyr.

And yet, I don't know if scum would go out and blatantly spend an entire post saying

would put themselves on the line like that. He hasn't posted since the flip but that's probably because he's asleep since he's on Oz time. He's on the backburner right now because I want to see how he responds to day 2 now that he isn't in as much danger. I think FV's vehement defense of Amoeba warrants closer inspection.

Eughghghghg this reads townie to me but for some reason your behavior around the lynch still bothers me a lot but I can't put my figure on it. I'll go look at FV, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Traditionally Usurpers are meant to outlive the Godfather in the scum team. So Wirt being a godfather would make sense. So if there is a godfather, there is probably a cop. So Pmush's claim could work that way, I just earlier assume she meant role cop when she claimed earlier after the flip.

But that does bring up the question of why Pmush didn't clarified "oh I am a backup cop, not a backup role cop."

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mr.capps posted:

Traditionally Usurpers are meant to outlive the Godfather in the scum team. So Wirt being a godfather would make sense. So if there is a godfather, there is probably a cop. So Pmush's claim could work that way, I just earlier assume she meant role cop when she claimed earlier after the flip.

But that does bring up the question of why Pmush didn't clarified "oh I am a backup cop, not a backup role cop."

Stop jerking us off and tell us who the scum is capps!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look yes its true I know who all the scum are and I have a secret plan to defeat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Punt is the serial killer tho

• Locked thread