Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

OldTennisCourt posted:

What's the most consistently bad PPV? By that I mean a PPV that has been going on for 4 years or more.

Bound for Glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

What's the most consistently bad PPV? By that I mean a PPV that has been going on for 4 years or more.

TNA Victory Road?

It had the Sting/Hardy 1:30 Drug Addict match.
Jenna Morasca vs. Sharmell
Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle winning the match before they had the match for all the titles (a tag team title match with the Dudleys).

Pretty historically poo poo event.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

OldTennisCourt posted:

TNA's payperviews. Pick one.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

WCW Uncensored was a consistently wretched show for its entire existence.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I probably should have specified WWE as TNA events are almost a given.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

WCW Uncensored was a consistently wretched show for its entire existence.

98 was a really good show and 99 is middling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There were only two or three WWE (not WCW) Great American Bashes, but they were all garbage. Especially 2006.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

According to Wiki Battleground replaced Over the Limit and since neither is/was a gimmick PPV I think it's fair to count them together as wretched shows.

Manny Suave
Apr 5, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Punk, actually. He was already hovering around main event level and heading up the New Nexus around that time, then they shoved him off into a program with Orton. That position would've solved at least some of his problems, I think.

Was there ever a reason given for ending Punk's Cena attacks early that year? I remember him beating Cena with a chair or something, cutting a promo about Cena being a bully, and then he was feuding with Orton.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rotinaj posted:

TNA's payperviews. Pick one.
Destination X was usually okay, when they actually stuck to the X Division gimmick.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thauros posted:

According to Wiki Battleground replaced Over the Limit and since neither is/was a gimmick PPV I think it's fair to count them together as wretched shows.

Over the Limit 2012 had that really rad Bryan/Punk match and had a pretty cool fatal 4 way with sheamus/adr/ziggler/jericho it may not have been perfect but I wouldn't call it a bad show. It ended on Cena/Johnny Ace which was weird, but in the scale of WWE comedy matches it wasn't that bad.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It is no longer held but you could always count on Unforgiven being a godawful show. They'd be coming off an at worst solid Summerslam and then they'd go into their usual bland/awful Fall season with a wretched show every September. Awful gimmick matches, bizarre finishes, dissatisfying endings. You name it, Unforgiven had it.

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 23, 2014

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Nut Bunnies posted:

It is no longer held but you could always count on Unforgiven being a godawful show. They'd be coming off an at worst solid Summerslam and then they'd go into their usual bland/awful Fall season with a wretched show every September. Awful gimmick matches, bizarre finishes, dissatisfying endings. You name it, Unforgiven had it.

Unforgiven 06 was worth it for Edge/Cena TLC alone. Great feud, great match. Edge probably should have won it for the sanctity of his TLC undefeated streak, but I cannot say that the match was not worth it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Over the Limit 2012 had that really rad Bryan/Punk match and had a pretty cool fatal 4 way with sheamus/adr/ziggler/jericho it may not have been perfect but I wouldn't call it a bad show. It ended on Cena/Johnny Ace which was weird, but in the scale of WWE comedy matches it wasn't that bad.

And Over the Limit 2010 had a good I Quit-Match between Cena and Batista, as well as a really good Mysterio/Punk hair vs allegiance to SXS-match.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Who was the fat male stripper in a yellow thong that Sandman beat up in 2007? Was he related to TNA's Big Fat Oily Guy?

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Another Person posted:

Unforgiven 06 was worth it for Edge/Cena TLC alone. Great feud, great match. Edge probably should have won it for the sanctity of his TLC undefeated streak, but I cannot say that the match was not worth it.

the TLC undefeated streak that didn't exist because he got beaten in one before that

TLC 3 on Smackdown where Benoit broke his neck

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Who was the fat male stripper in a yellow thong that Sandman beat up in 2007? Was he related to TNA's Big Fat Oily Guy?

Big Dick Johnson, one of the writers at the time. He's now a writer for Lucha Underground. TNA's version was a terrible parody that they brought back time and time again.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

. Miz then spent most of his reign feuding with Jerry Lawler, who typically came out only a couple times a year to wrestle jobber heels at this point and was getting into a never-ending feud with Michael Cole.

For what it's worth, I thought the Miz/Lawler feud was really enjoyable, had a good story that really brought Miz's character to it's zenith, and their matches were like a thousand times better than I expected. Also Cole's interference in their TLC match and subsequent promo requesting that Lawler apologize for "forcing him" to help Miz win was easily the best bit Heel Cole ever did.

Yeah, what it led to at Mania was TWO horrible borderline unforgivable things, but the feud itself was a good memory.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Over the Edge

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That's the show on which Owen Hart fell to his death in the ring in the middle of a live pay-per-view, even though it obviously does not qualify as a recurring event by any standard.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think perhaps it is being suggested as though invoking the event itself is prima facie hilarious irrelevant of context or cleverness.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

epitasis posted:

I think perhaps it is being suggested as though invoking the event itself is prima facie hilarious irrelevant of context or cleverness.

counterpoint: chris benoit killed his family and then himself after suffering terrifying amounts of brain damage during his career (lol)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

sk posted:

counterpoint: chris benoit killed his family and then himself after suffering terrifying amounts of brain damage during his career (lol)

Terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center, killing thousands.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

LvK posted:

Terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center, killing thousands.

I've got a question about this: Who really caused 9/11? #askquestions

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
911 was a Jewish plot.

no idea about September 11th, though

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Did he ever fight the Twin Towers?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

over the limit 2012 was one of my favorite wwe shows from that year, minus the idiocy of having cena vs big johnny main event. it wasn't an all time great show but it was fun watch.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

WadeBartender posted:

TLC 3 on Smackdown where Benoit broke his neck

That was actually the Triple Threat match at KOTR 2001 where he went off for neck surgery. I remember this because WWE played footage from it during a PSA for don't try this at home where footage of legit injuries were shown.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Justin Godscock posted:

That was actually the Triple Threat match at KOTR 2001 where he went off for neck surgery. I remember this because WWE played footage from it during a PSA for don't try this at home where footage of legit injuries were shown.

I always thought he broke his neck in the tlc match and worked through it at KOTR 2001 but my memories pretty hazy so you're probably right

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I decided to check out Unforgiven 06 for Cena/Edge, and the rest of this card is...something.

Big Show, The McMahons and DX in Hell in a Cell? What the hell is Big Show doing in a cell? Who greenlit this poo poo? :psypop:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

big show is there to do the funny butt spot in the brutal cell match with everyone bleeding

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well that was a surprisingly decent match, even though I had zero desire to see Big Show's rear end

Benne fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 24, 2014

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Benne posted:

Well that was a surprisingly decent match, even though I had zero desire to see Big Show's rear end

You idiot! Butts are hilarious because that's where farts and poop come from.

- Vince McMahon

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Can't say I disagree with the man

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just got finished with Unforgiven 06. Cena/Edge was as good as advertised, although Edge took some scary-looking bumps that probably helped to shorten his career.

The HIAC match was......well it was memorable, that's for sure. In the bigger picture, though, I think that was a perfect conclusion to the DX/Vince saga.

Trish got a really cool sendoff and I'm kinda sad that I missed almost her entire run.

Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro had a good curtain-jerker, even if JR wouldn't shut up about Melina. The midcard matches were forgettable but inoffensive.

Overall, a pretty decent card elevated by a red-hot crowd. I didn't regret watching it. WWE really needs to do more shows in Toronto.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I have this t-shirt and it is the most yellow thing I own

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Toronto is one of the snarkiest crowds they've got. There was one show where they absolutely hated Eugene of all people; and it seemed like he was never quite over after that.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Writer Cath posted:

Toronto is one of the snarkiest crowds they've got. There was one show where they absolutely hated Eugene of all people; and it seemed like he was never quite over after that.

Well I'd love Toronto then, because wrestling doesn't really need a Down's Syndrome minstrel act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Well I'd love Toronto then, because wrestling doesn't really need a Down's Syndrome minstrel act.

It was really dumb of WWE not to transition to HHH/Regal when they had the chance.