Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

it's so simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

where is the birdtender (play on the word "bartender") saying, no i don't take bitcoin wtf is that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sniep posted:

i dont understand how NASCAR seasons work, cuz every race i see televised seems like "The Big One" except then i find out there are thirty some odd dozen of them, and there is a points system or argh i dont know.

this is how nascar work

season starts in february with the daytona 500

cars drive around mostly in circles for the next 6 months

after that they run a retarded playoff format in order to drum up ratings against the nfl

nascar had changed this playoff like 5 times in the past 10 years because keeping a simple points system isn't worth it and they want a game 7 moment damnit

sometime in november they race at homestead, someone wins the cup

someone in the main office fucks with the championship format again and the cycle begins anew the next year

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

PleasureKevin posted:

where is the birdtender (play on the word "bartender") saying, no i don't take bitcoin wtf is that
well they both have bitcoins so idk

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
in 2014, a racer nearly won the series crown despite the fact that he had no wins and 4 top 5 finishes in the first 35 races

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ayn rand hand job posted:

in 2014, a racer nearly won the series crown despite the fact that he had no wins and 4 top 5 finishes in the first 35 races
funny but trap sprung

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

wait is it an actual wolfpack

i would watch the poo poo out of a pack of wolves fighting a college football team

College football would be much more interesting if they kept a pack of wolves on the sidelines and let them loose if either team was leading by more than 20 points.

Also with lions.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

PleasureKevin posted:

i got a $1 btc tip

https://twitter.com/tipminionjim/status/548707115661922305

wanna renounce all anti-BTC pro-FED communist marxist hitler things i said before this and supplant them with "to the moon, to the moon everyone"

The correct thing to do with small bitcoin tips is to forward them to Mark karpeles, and let the original tipper know.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I don't see any epoxy or even a mention of linux in this picture, VERY MISLEADING

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

AlbieQuirky posted:

Only the regular crowd is turning up on my feed (plus Shooter Jennings, who is apparently in the tank for butts but I didn't know that until today). My search on the hashtag gets a total echo chamber and a few jokemen.

ETA: I searched "Bitcoin Bowl" and got a few normal people scoffing. Also, the BitPay photos from the VIP tent made me ugly laugh.

just look at the buttcoin twitter for the past 24 hrs, that's only a fraction of it. lots were repeated jokes, "wtf bitcoin bowl", and dozens of pictures of that nasty fuckin field

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, the echo-chamber it's creaming itself with the awesomeness of bitpay, changetip and the buttbowl. This changes everything! Mainstream status achieved, this is gentlemen to the moon!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm the gears that cannot possibly turn

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
those commercials

like Jesus

there was nobody in the loving coffee shop and I'm pretty sure the extras had no idea when the camera was rolling,. there's a mysterious Doorway to Nowhere in the background with no sign, no door, no covering, and no loving lights on in whatever that room is. there's no machines to make coffee or refrigerators to hold drinks. the walls are completely bare, there's plastic plants everywhere. good thing they have a direct line to Batman on the loving wall

a barber shop that looks like that doesn't exist anywhere on the face of the Earth, why the gently caress are there rafters and only two stations

and that warehouse.... why are tons of oversized boxes just piled around, absolutely none of them on pallets, a bunch haphazardly left in the aisle, no location identifications on the racks, nobody's wearing PPE, the box immediately in t he foreground is being stored on its side against the loving directions on the box itself, like, what the gently caress

and the Russian Shakedown Crew was just not at all funny. apparently he says "bit Boris" at the end but I thought he said "bit boys." neither makes sense.

the white lady they got is a cutie and the black lady is nice though. so the casting department is at least semi-competent.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

the two extras in the foreground. why is the woman sitting with her back completely to the camera. what is happening on that man's face. how come neither couple is sitting at the same table. what's up with the dude in the back staring forlornely into the middle distance without coffee. how come nobody has a cupcake. why's that one dipshit's arm wrapped awkwardly around his waist

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
one day the bitcoiners will look back on all of these commercials, all archived on some youtube page, and feel the way we do now about VHS ripped commercials for early 90's things

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Is there any easy way to cash out bitcoins yet or do you have to buy a bunch of poo poo off Newegg and sell it on ebay/craigslist?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

indigi posted:

the two extras in the foreground. why is the woman sitting with her back completely to the camera.
she is a man

quote:

what is happening on that man's face.
he is zoning out about when the "woman" is talking about whatever her life has devolved into as a result of bitcoin

quote:

how come neither couple is sitting at the same table.
they are trying something new to spice up their loveless relationships

quote:

what's up with the dude in the back staring forlornely into the middle distance without coffee.
he is waiting for his transaction to clear

quote:

how come nobody has a cupcake.
it's not a cupcake store it's a money laundering front

quote:

why's that one dipshit's arm wrapped awkwardly around his waist
he is holding back his guts after being shot by the fiat police

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
[Bitcoin Bowl] SO PROUD!!!! (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 10 hours ago by CharlesDarwinning

This bitcoin bowl is awesome... someone just needs to stop cutting onions during these Bitpay ads!!!

Just want to say that I'm so proud of everyone and thank you all for your effort to make Bitcoin what it is today! We have really come a long way from the days where Bitcoin was just for neckbeards and drug dealers.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Wulfolme posted:

one day the bitcoiners will look back on all of these commercials, all archived on some youtube page, and feel the way we do now about VHS ripped commercials for early 90's things

tighten up the graphics on bitpay dot com

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chocobo posted:

[Bitcoin Bowl] SO PROUD!!!! (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 10 hours ago by CharlesDarwinning

This bitcoin bowl is awesome... someone just needs to stop cutting onions during these Bitpay ads!!!

Just want to say that I'm so proud of everyone and thank you all for your effort to make Bitcoin what it is today! We have really come a long way from the days where Bitcoin was just for neckbeards and drug dealers.

I too long for the days when the bullies who used to stuff me in lockers will adopt my nerd currency

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sham bam bamina! posted:

funny but trap sprung

it is good background fodder for when im puttering around on the weekends

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Chocobo posted:

totally

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
i am such an empty shell of a person devoted to internet fun bux that poorly
produced commercials on a low rates December bowl game bring me to tears. this is the closest my husk of a body has come to emotion in years.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

i am such an empty shell of a person devoted to internet fun bux that poorly
produced commercials on a low rates December bowl game bring me to tears. this is the closest my husk of a body has come to emotion in years.

same

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
This fantastic public exposure must surely have resulted in a dramatic spike in the Bitcoin price!

Only down 3%? Honestly, that's better than I expected.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

:cry:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

whoa

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

It's nice when the group home does crafts

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
bitty cent

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

still waiting for the funny response:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The first was Antonopoop.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

one of the main tech geniuses of bitcoin is unable to understand the game of football

kinda makes sense actually

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

both bitcoin mining and football lead to long term brain damage

a good post

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

you forgot to post the best part

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

vOv posted:

you forgot to post the best part

lol, funny response achieved

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

[–]Emocmo 12 points 2 hours ago

December 27, 2014

Point and Figure chart of the day. Calculated on the Bitstamp Exchange. $5 and10 per boxes, with a 3 Box reversal as seen on Bitcoin Wisdom Charts at the time of writing.

Chart of the Day

Well that did not last long.

Today we broke down through the breakout point at $315. This formation is now a triple bottom break down. As the name suggests, thats not good. It means that we tested the recent bottom at $315 three times, and on the third try it fell through the support.

This breakdown is showing a bottom of between $$280 and $275. Of course, these are merely projections. Breaking through an emotional level like a $300 level might bring on much more robust selling.

The new reversal point is at $325, with a positive breakout at the $335 level.

If there is good news, it is this: The trend reversal point has dropped down to the $365 level. This seems to be getting more and more in reach. Meeting that point would suggest that the current downward trend is exhausted and we might see a turnaround.

But, we still probably have some more selling to endure.

Enjoy your weekend. 2015 will be better. I think. The bar is set pretty low.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
I have never seen so many people who know so little about football

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Robawesome posted:

December 27, 2014

Point and Figure chart of the day. Calculated on the Bitstamp Exchange. $5 and10 per boxes, with a 3 Box reversal as seen on Bitcoin Wisdom Charts at the time of writing.

Chart of the Day

Today we broke down through the breakout point at $315. This formation is now a triple bottom break down. As the name suggests, thats not good. It means that we tested the recent bottom at $315 three times, and on the third try it fell through the support.

This breakdown is showing a bottom of between $$280 and $275. Of course, these are merely projections. Breaking through an emotional level like a $300 level might bring on much more robust selling.

If there is good news, it is this: The trend reversal point has dropped down to the $365 level. This seems to be getting more and more in reach. Meeting that point would suggest that the current downward trend is exhausted and we might see a turnaround.

literally less coherent than astrology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Robawesome posted:

December 27, 2014

Chart of the Day

it's like astrology, but with bitcoins

• Locked thread