Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Collateral Damage posted:

I had missed it. Went back and watched. I'm glad I did.

Oh man, me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

This is not getting enough love. It's completely kick-rear end. I have a big-rear end Allis Chalmers tractor piston. I think I know what I'm going to do with it now.

sofullofhate posted:

In case everybody missed this - it's brilliant. I laughed so hard.

Indeed. The slo-mo Chariots of Fire bit was perfect.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

There's something so wrong about an R1 that will never be able to pull a wheelie.
Also, I can't imagine the R1's transmission likes hauling all that weight around very much.

Pretty sure that body weighs about two pounds once you take all the rust out anyway.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

There's something so wrong about an R1 that will never be able to pull a wheelie.

That's why you're better off with a VW TDi.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MonkeyNutZ posted:

The Ohio State Highway Patrol would like to remind you that they have the coolest logo in the country:

This makes sense. That tire can go somewhere with those wings. God knows tires are immobile without wings.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

fakeaccount posted:

This makes sense. That tire can go somewhere with those wings. God knows tires are immobile without wings.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

fakeaccount posted:

I dunno if you're joking or not so I'll post this just in case

It reflects the history of Ohio's tire industry and their usage in the Indy 500

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 27, 2014

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Edit: cop chat:

Oregon state police use ALOT of unmarked vehicles. Newer Chargers, Tahoes, Mustangs and Camaros. I don't like how sneaky they are. Marked cars look like this, which are hard to see at night:

I wish they were like this instead:

blk fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 27, 2014

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

VikingSkull posted:

I dunno if you're joking or not so I'll post this just in case

It reflects the history of Ohio's tire industry and their usage in the Indy 500

Haha poo poo, I clocked it looking like the Indy logo but couldn't make the connection between it and Ohio.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

blk posted:

Edit: cop chat:

Oregon state police use ALOT of unmarked vehicles. Newer Chargers, Tahoes, Mustangs and Camaros. I don't like how sneaky they are. Marked cars look like this, which are hard to see at night:

NY State are similar:

The Sheriffs next county over from mine are interesting:

Those are the guys that pulled me over for looking like a fake cop. Apparently they'd had a problem in the county with an all-black Crown Vic pretending to be a cop.

I want to get the bullbar and paint it and the wheels lime green or some poo poo.

Edit: also there's a city in Texas, Malakoff, I think, that has gloss black SUVs with matte black graphics. Pretty sure that level of sneakiness is technically illegal in Texas.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 27, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
On police cruisers, Massachusetts is switching their fleet over to the new Explorer. I kind of dig how it looks as an interceptor.

Edit: We also have this thing, which is just plain cool.

Git Mah Belt Son fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 27, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

blk posted:

Vegas has been doing this with repossessed cars and it's great, because they generally don't go after speeding more than texting, swerving, and lane-changes without signalling.

Seeing lovely aggressive drivers being lit up by a beat up commuter is just :allears:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Wasabi the J posted:

Vegas has been doing this with repossessed cars and it's great, because they generally don't go after speeding more than texting, swerving, and lane-changes without signalling.

Seeing lovely aggressive drivers being lit up by a beat up commuter is just :allears:

When I lived there I saw someone being pulled over by a base Chrysler 300 and a goddamn Nissan Altima.

I was told they would rent a bunch of cars, but that was probably before major budget issues.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Delivery McGee posted:

Edit: also there's a city in Texas, Malakoff, I think, that has gloss black SUVs with matte black graphics. Pretty sure that level of sneakiness is technically illegal in Texas.

We have those in Austin and Houston. It's really sneaky and disgusting. They refer to them as "stealth" cars, which is pretty dumb.

Navy and black Crown Vics with matching, matte stickers only on the sides, white and black Ford Explorers, etc. I think there are also solid black dodge chargers with matching stickers.

The only way to identify them is to look for the push bar, light bars inside the car, or possibly a color matched spotlight.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

Darchangel posted:

Indeed. The slo-mo Chariots of Fire bit was perfect.

At the 1:30ish mark when the one goes THROUGH THE TARMAC and comes back out unscathed made it for me.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Delivery McGee posted:

Those are all over the place these days. The invisible graphics are usually reflective though, so they do stand out at night.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

On police cruisers, Massachusetts is switching their fleet over to the new Explorer. I kind of dig how it looks as an interceptor.

Hahaha what? Why would they use something prone to rolling over and catching on fire as an interceptor?

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
The past two pages have been awesome, but I can't help but think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgGCvuez14

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Thats not a cop car? Cop cars are required to have steelies. Required. Thats moms suv in cosplay.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Given how flat they are I'm betting those are just hubcaps hiding the steelies (like the appearance package Interceptors).

E: Also most of the police Chargers I've seen have alloys so I'm not sure where you got that info

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 27, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Did Top Gear build another car?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Given how flat they are I'm betting those are just hubcaps hiding the steelies (like the appearance package Interceptors).

E: Also most of the police Chargers I've seen have alloys so I'm not sure where you got that info

They are. Our local Taurus Police Interceptor has the same hubcaps covering its steelies. Tried to talk the police chief out of running them but he thinks they give it more of a presence :(

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
I've seen a police department in Wisconsin use a Dodge Caravan to pull over unsuspecting people.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

G-Mach posted:

I've seen a police department in Wisconsin use a Dodge Caravan to pull over unsuspecting people.

Toronto undercovers love using dodge caravans, unmarked crown vics, and other lovely mid 2000s economy cars to bust people.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

MonkeyNutZ posted:

The black ones that look like stylized steelies? Im ok with that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Did Top Gear build another car?

Top Gear have never done anything close to the coolness of the Chaparral 2J. Here's a brief description of it.

The 2J led directly to the development of the Brabham BT46-B

The 2J was banned after the season, the BT-46B raced once. Active ground effects are still illegal in all forms of motorsport.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 27, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

VikingSkull posted:

Top Gear have never done anything close to the coolness of the Chaparral 2J. Here's a brief description of it.

It just looks thrown together.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Delivery McGee posted:

This is League City, TX. They only have one like this, so who knows?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That doesn't surprise me. We have an unmarked, gloss black state police Charger here with a nearly invisible decal on only the passenger side, and a KITT-esque hidden lightbar at the top of the window that does the sweep side to side with bright blue lights. It's loving awesome, yet totally dickish. But man, seeing that thing all lit up is loving wicked :allears:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Twistershift posted:

This is League City, TX. They only have one like this, so who knows?
I'd like to think that this is the side of the car always parked in the sun.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mister Kingdom posted:

It just looks thrown together.

A lot of the Chaparrals had that look, Jim Hall was constantly modifying them on the fly, though the 2J is the one known for having all the exposed tinwork. I can see where, you're coming from though, it looks incredibly half-assed.

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum
The one notoriously hardassed traffic cop back home got this for his efforts:

Traffic Enforcement Unit

Looking for that picture I learned that there are cop car design awards.

http://www.hendonpub.com/police_fleet_manager/articles/2014/1112/2014_police_vehicle_design_contest_winners

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

VikingSkull posted:

The 2J led directly to the development of the Brabham BT46-B

The 2J was banned after the season, the BT-46B raced once. Active ground effects are still illegal in all forms of motorsport.

A history of F1 from a non fan:

Inception
Invention
80s
Everyone becomes a pussy.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Inception
Invention
80s
A bunch of people kept dying so they made things safer

FTFY

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

So it's no longer about the best formula of car??

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Inception
Invention
80s
Everyone becomes a pussy.

These are the same thing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

That's pretty tame, at least by the standards of Shadow:

As much as the Porsche 917-10 and -30 were crazy cars, the Shadow AVS pretty much takes the cake for the craziest Can-Am car of all. It's basically a big-block Chevy powered go-kart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Shadow and Chaparral built the craziest cars and had the simplest paint jobs. It's pretty crazy.

I mean, Porsche had this: