Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

That's a really tiny garage.

Optical illusion.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Extra posted:

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135241

Also find some friends with a Celica GTS and an RSX Type-S.

Interesting in that it affects mainly Sentras and not the Altimas. I'll have to look into replacing that header but man are they expensive. I want to take good loving care of this thing and would love to even learn how to work on it myself.

Oh, that "garage" was simply a cable or electrical box for the townhomes I was parked at. Or maybe it wasn't, use your imagination.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Lblitzer posted:

For so long I had been set on a Mazda 3 but kept reading worse and worse things compared to it's doubled brother.

Really? Where?

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Lblitzer posted:

I really like the new Mazda 6 and Ford Fusions, they're very similar cars, no?

They used to be...The previous gen Fusion and Mazda6 were CD3 platform mates and shared quite a bit with each other. I had a 2008 Mazda6 at one point and half the parts were stamped with FoMoCo.

Ever since Ford and Mazda parted ways so did the Fusion and Mazda6. The new Fusion is based on the CD4 platform and is a world car, replacing the Mondeo overseas. Mazda also had to completely redesign the new 6 - it's riding on a modified CX-5 platform.

Both cars are fantastic though. I test drove the new Mazda6 and really liked it. I probably would have gone with it had it had a better engine than just the standard skyactiv 4cyl. They really need a turbo 4 in that car to make it perfect.

I'm actually really interested to see how the new Taurus looks on the Ford CD4 platform. They're moving from the Ford D3 platform (which is actually a Volvo P2, dating back to the 1999 S80) to a modified CD4. I can't imagine it being too much bigger than the current Fusion but then you'd have a huge redundancy. Though this is Ford we're talking about, and Lincoln is the king of redundancy, hah.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Crossposting from the mustang thread:

Bought a '15 DIB Mustang GT w/ performance package and cloth recaro's yesterday.

It's pretty sweet, but this is my first manual car and its hilarious/embarrassing how many times I've stalled it when starting from a stop on an incline!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Starkk posted:

Bought a '15 DIB Mustang GT w/ performance package and cloth recaro's yesterday.

It's pretty sweet, but this is my first manual car and its hilarious/embarrassing how many times I've stalled it when starting from a stop on an incline!

Sweet Jesus that thing looks amazing. I wonder if the Ford dealership is open tomorrow.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Starkk posted:

Huh I thought that cool ford purple was a euro thing. We got it on quick mondeos, ford racing Pumas etc. looks ace!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Starkk posted:

That looks fantastic. I work at a local Ford dealership and we can't keep the 15 Mustangs on the lot at all. Other than one Performance Orange one we can't get rid of. They're pretty well priced too. Grats on the purchase, you'll love it.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Bape Culture posted:

Huh I thought that cool ford purple was a euro thing. We got it on quick mondeos, ford racing Pumas etc. looks ace!

It looks more blue to me, but drat, that is a pretty car. Makes me think twice about the Mustang now.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Night Danger Moose posted:

...we can't keep the 15 Mustangs on the lot at all. Other than one Performance Orange one we can't get rid of. They're pretty well priced too.

Dealer logic, right there.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Starkk posted:

Man, that's pretty. I'm curious about the Ecoboost 4-banger model, myself.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

That looks fantastic. I work at a local Ford dealership and we can't keep the 15 Mustangs on the lot at all. Other than one Performance Orange one we can't get rid of. They're pretty well priced too. Grats on the purchase, you'll love it.

Outrageous, Performance Orange is a baller colour.

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011

Rhyno posted:

That's a really tiny garage.

it's so hosed up

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bape Culture posted:

It's blue. You might want to double-check your monitor calibration.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh I thought it was this:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vA-xHGPWOkM/TW0ioiq8BTI/AAAAAAAACh4/YYkcbi8PD38/s1600/Ford+Racing+Puma+21.bmp

Nm I like it anyway :)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nth-ing the "nice car" comments. That's spec'd how I'd buy it if I were in the market.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah that is an awesome Mustang. The 2015s look great.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Thats the first new Mustang Ive seen. Looks awesome and very nice color.

Captain Tact
Feb 9, 2006
I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend.

That looks blue to me also. Now you have me questioning my monitor's calibration :confused:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Captain Tact posted:

That looks blue to me also. Now you have me questioning my monitor's calibration :confused:

I always thought it was purple irl. I'll see if I can find the paint name.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Thx guys, really enjoying it. First two things I need to get are a show n sto front license plate holder and some hood struts.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It looks like the Ford "Performance Blue" which is blue/purplish.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

You done gud.

(details required)

doogle
May 24, 2003

$600 beater Civic DX hatch. Bone stock and super clean.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

doogle posted:

Beautiful.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

doogle posted:

You got that for $600? Fuckin' score!

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

doogle posted:

Not bad for an EF... how rusty is it? I would love to get ahold of one in that sort of shape and unmolested.

doogle
May 24, 2003

driguy posted:

Not bad for an EF... how rusty is it? I would love to get ahold of one in that sort of shape and unmolested.

It has a bit of rust by the taillights, but as far as I can see there isn't any rust in the fender wells.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
Are you planning on making a really fun (scary) car out of this one like the last one or keeping it stock? I was bummed that you put all that time and effort into the last one and the limiting factor was the chassis coming apart.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

driguy posted:

the limiting factor was the chassis coming apart.

This should be every AI-ers goal :allears:

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I like how an EF Civic gets more of a response than a Porsche here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HairyNipple! posted:

Anybody can get a Porsche. A rust free Civic is like a loving unicorn.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

HairyNipple! posted:

Well, it is a Boxster.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
its true, these cars were bitten by the metal worm quick in their life. Hell all 80s and early 90s japanese cars are mostly made of rust and bird droppings these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

its true, these cars were bitten by the metal worm quick in their life. Hell all 80s and early 90s japanese cars are mostly made of rust and bird droppings these days.

Every drat Celica i've looked at has no floorpans. So sad.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

HairyNipple! posted:

Also doogle sometimes makes civics faster than porsches, soooooo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaintVagrant posted:

Also doogle sometimes makes civics faster than porsches, soooooo

Heh.

Sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doogle
May 24, 2003

driguy posted:

Are you planning on making a really fun (scary) car out of this one like the last one or keeping it stock? I was bummed that you put all that time and effort into the last one and the limiting factor was the chassis coming apart.

I'm going to leave it pretty stock, most I'll do is drop a D16z6 in it if this motor goes.

Rhyno posted:

Heh.

Sometimes.

My EG hatch is pretty fast for about 50 miles at a time, followed by a 2 month downtime to fix all the poo poo that it breaks.