Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

I really want to see them go through Avatar: The Last Airbender afterwards, if they haven't seen it. I feel like it would probably be a similar journey of a show winning over skepticism.

Occ has watched Avatar. The both of us are kind of "ehhh" on it and there is no need whatsoever to explain further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

I really want to see them go through Avatar: The Last Airbender afterwards, if they haven't seen it. I feel like it would probably be a similar journey of a show winning over skepticism.

A cloud falls over the thread. An ominous figure approaches.
Noo what have you done, the people cry. You've summoned the Dark One. He comes...

SpiderHyphenMan

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Regy Rusty posted:

A cloud falls over the thread. An ominous figure approaches.
Noo what have you done, the people cry. You've summoned the Dark One. He comes...

SpiderHyphenMan

He's following you
About 30 feet back.
He gets down on all fours and breaks into a sprint.
He's gaining on you.
SpiderHyphenMan

You're looking for your car,
But you're all turned around.
He's almost upon you now
And you can see there's blood on his face!
My god, there's blood everywhere!

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Occ has watched Avatar. The both of us are kind of "ehhh" on it and there is no need whatsoever to explain further.

What about the current Teen Wolf show though? Have you seen that? Kinda curious.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Logical1234 posted:

What about the current Teen Wolf show though? Have you seen that? Kinda curious.

It stinks!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Occ please tweet your Avatar opinions at the president, tia.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Why are you talking about anime in the Doctor Who Review thread? You're already making these people watch Doctor Who and read your posts don't make them watch Teen Wolf and anime you monsters.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Logical1234 posted:

The latest season was a mess, but before that it was schlocky fun. It felt like Buffy for 2010s.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Andrew_1985 posted:

The latest season was a mess, but before that it was schlocky fun. It felt like Buffy for 2010s.

I feel like the show suffers a fair bit for the rushed production schedule; I think they film the start before the end is even finished being written, so they don't really get to do a full-season script tidyup, which is a bad thing given that it's entirely serialised.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 3, 2015

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Jerusalem posted:

There have been a few British shows like this which I've always found really weird (Little Britain springs to mind), the only time it has ever really worked for me was in The Fast Show where somehow every week they would do exactly the same gags and yet I would just about die laughing.

And even within the Fast Show the best sketch by far was Ted and Ralph, which was one of the few that relied on a situation instead of a repeated catchphrase.

(I never watched the spin-off show but assume it was awful.)

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Jerusalem posted:

There is no such thing as a consensus opinion for Doctor Who fans, but if there was one, it should be this, because all those who disagree with it are soulless monsters who would kill you and your family in a second if they had the chance.

Edit: So basically the 10th Doctor in The Runaway Bride.

As someone who HATED Donna my first watch through, and can now barely tolerate her shouty grating personality, I can confirm this.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Mo0 posted:

Can you verify whether you got my email? I'm scared I messed something up :ohdear:

I'm away from my laptop at the moment but I can remember receiving yours

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

thexerox123 posted:

I just started this show myself and I'm four episodes in. It's okay, but I do hope it gets better.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FreezingInferno posted:

I just started this show myself and I'm four episodes in. It's okay, but I do hope it gets better.

I started watching Avatar when it aired, ages ago. I was the absolute perfect age for it- feeling like I was too old and being all skeptical of this cartoonish over the top show that could be cool and had some neat aspects but not wanting to like it as well.

Then the first season got a lot better and then I was buying every volume of the show on DVD as it came out from season 2 to 3.

And now I can look back and safely say- it wasn't a bad show. Could have done things better, but it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Shame about what came after!

(Referring only to Korra season 1 do not start some massive bullshit argument about the merits of Korra I have only seen season 1 do not do this this was mostly meant as a joke)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Burkion posted:

(Referring only to Korra season 1 do not start some massive bullshit argument about the merits of Korra I have only seen season 1 do not do this this was mostly meant as a joke)

Season 2 is even worse in a lot of ways!

3 and 4 though are good though, so I don't know man I'm not sure it's worth watching season 2 to get there.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Oh god it's anime chat. Oxx and Toxx can't start series 5 soon enough.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
The sanctity of this thread about a children's show is at stake.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

30.5 Days posted:

Season 2 is even worse in a lot of ways!

3 and 4 though are good though, so I don't know man I'm not sure it's worth watching season 2 to get there.

Personally the only bad parts were the ending (like last 10 minutes) of Season 1 and the first half of Season 2. But I won't bog down this thread more than that.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Abusing mod powers to say: stop talking about Korra or other anime poo poo in this thread.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Sent in my last minute guesses. I honestly have no idea how accurate in gonna be but I definitely went hog-wild using my own opinion of this season.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
E: nm

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Sent in my guesses. If I did well, it's entirely by accident.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Annakie posted:

Abusing mod powers to say: stop talking about Korra or other anime poo poo in this thread.

It's only abuse if it's not completely 100% warranted thank you :)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sent in my guesses as well. I'm going to tank hard, but I love this season too much not to take part.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Thirty minutes till the livewatch

Zaggitz posted:

Just a reminder that on this Saturday the 3rd at 6PM EST(3PM PST, 11PM GMT) , we will be doing an Eleventh Hour livewatch in the TVIV IRC! Come celebrate the start of the Moffat/Smith Era with Occupation! Come look forward to the moment Bown has a loving aneurysm! Tell all your horrible Who loving friends! It's sure to be a good time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My internet is being too crappy and inconsistent for me to join in but have fun everybody!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The chat's gone crazy alright.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That was a load of fun.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
god dammit I missed it, like an idiot. I had NOTHING GOING ON but I forgot and spent the hour ripping dvds instead. poo poo. gently caress.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
11 becomes my favorite Doctor all over again every time I rewatch that episode.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I am now earwormed with the "Watch the Doctor be awesome" leitmotif.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Grouchio posted:

That was a load of fun.

Oh, there you are. We were looking for you.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Republican Vampire posted:

Oh, there you are. We were looking for you.
Sometimes I can't tell if some of the viewers are still listening or not because of my autistic tendencies. Give me a break already.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
gently caress. I thought this was at 9pm pacfic. Don't ask me why I think dumb things.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Haha the title change. Its one of my favorite Smithisms

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Me and Occ had another title in mind, it'll change again eventually.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Dang it, missed the live watch, but I did finally beat MGR:R and :eyepop:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Ohtsam posted:

Dang it, missed the live watch, but I did finally beat MGR:R and :eyepop:

NANOMACHINES SON is a perfectly legitimate reason to miss a Doctor Who livestream.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Oxxipation's Doctor Who Review - Occ You There?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Oxxidation posted:

Me and Occ had another title in mind, it'll change again eventually.

Please don't; this is perfect.

So, now that Occ has seen the ep, do we have the greenlight to discuss it, or do we wait for the review?

• Locked thread