Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Three Olives posted:

It's a whole separate movement called the "quantified self" that wearables just happen to fit into perfectly. I dunno, I'm not trying to lose weight yet I weigh myself every morning with a WiFi scale, I don't have trouble sleeping yet I check my sleep every morning, there is just something oddly completely satisfying about being able to measure yourself and plot and track that data.

Why do I track my runs every night? I'm fitter than most people, fitter than my doctor would expect me to be and yet I really, really, really care for some reason if I run 5k in 27 minutes instead of 24 for some reason.

make sure your stay healthy doing all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be more inclined to get into fitness trackers if they were good for something other than running, but they won't track how much I deadlifted or how quickly, so meh. Still I don't get how Wear can be so rubbish at it, surely these devices can do anything a simple band can do, but apparently not.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

mobby_6kl posted:

I'd be more inclined to get into fitness trackers if they were good for something other than running, but they won't track how much I deadlifted or how quickly, so meh. Still I don't get how Wear can be so rubbish at it, surely these devices can do anything a simple band can do, but apparently not.

Yeah, I run so that probably plays into a lot of why I like them. As for being rubbish at it, I think it is mostly because they don't care, counting steps is theoretically easy to do, in practice it takes a whole lot of work to filter out a lot of noise in the data and they just don't seem interested in doing anything but hitting the check box in the feature list right now

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I bike and lift, so fitness trackers aren't really my bag. I use my watch to tell strava to start a bike ride, but other than that, I'm using a nice Garmin Edge on my handlebars and a HR strap on my chest to actually track everything. At the gym, I couldn't really care less what my heart rate is, but I do use my watch to control music.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

eyebeem posted:

I bike and lift, so fitness trackers aren't really my bag. I use my watch to tell strava to start a bike ride, but other than that, I'm using a nice Garmin Edge on my handlebars and a HR strap on my chest to actually track everything. At the gym, I couldn't really care less what my heart rate is, but I do use my watch to control music.

I feel like it is probably a huge YMMV based on skin tone and individually physiology but I am really, really impressed by the HR monitor on the Charge HR, I am getting completely consistent accurate reads running and biking with it and I like it a whole lot more than wearing a chest strap.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Three Olives posted:

I feel like it is probably a huge YMMV based on skin tone and individually physiology but I am really, really impressed by the HR monitor on the Charge HR, I am getting completely consistent accurate reads running and biking with it and I like it a whole lot more than wearing a chest strap.

The biggest complaints I saw was that it seemed to take some time to detect a rise when you started a workout, have you seen that at all? Are you comparing Charge HR vs a chest strap?

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Three Olives posted:

It's a whole separate movement called the "quantified self" that wearables just happen to fit into perfectly. I dunno, I'm not trying to lose weight yet I weigh myself every morning with a WiFi scale, I don't have trouble sleeping yet I check my sleep every morning, there is just something oddly completely satisfying about being able to measure yourself and plot and track that data.

Why do I track my runs every night? I'm fitter than most people, fitter than my doctor would expect me to be and yet I really, really, really care for some reason if I run 5k in 27 minutes instead of 24 for some reason.

I'm kind of like this, I want to collect all of this data just because. I got a Sony Smartband awhile back just because...I don't know, it was on sale and I have a Z2 so it seemed like a good combo. I was initially fascinated with tracking my sleep quality ( however accurate it could ever be with just an accelerometer ) and step count but after the first 2 weeks I just...don't care anymore. I haven't opened the LifeLog app in months. I realized that the data is totally meaningless for me - it doesn't help me improve anything on a day to day basis. I mean, I know I slept like poo poo last night, why does having it in a graph help? That said, if I could accurately track this kind of stuff 24/7 that would be amazing because you could go do your doctor and be like "Hey my blood oxygen levels for the past month are 15% lower than normal!" which I guess would help? I don't know...

Anyway, I know this thread seems to mostly about about wrist-based wearables but I've just been exposed to the brave new world of "Quantified Self Ear Buds"!! Check this poo poo out:

The Dash:

http://store.bragi.com/pages/features-2

"The Dash works in sympathy with the wearer. Movements like pace, steps, cadence and distance are tracked. Heart rate, oxygen saturation and energy spent are measured, all the while real time acoustic feedback is provided. It even works without an attached smartphone."

Noise isolation, allow ambient pass through if you want, 4GB onboard storage, touch controls, works as a regular headset, battery pack/charging case to store them in.

I am trying desperately not to pre-order these right now, and as above I don't even do anything with the data! It's useless, but I want it!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Maneki Neko posted:

The biggest complaints I saw was that it seemed to take some time to detect a rise when you started a workout, have you seen that at all? Are you comparing Charge HR vs a chest strap?

Once or twice maybe, I don't see any issues in the phone data log so I think there might sometimes be a slight delay in updating the screen.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

There will be long term value for "quantified self", but it isn't going to come from fitness trackers and sportswear companies. Metrics are a huge thing right now in healthcare as quality of care is one of the top things on everyone's mind. Eventually, individual data collected on a real time basis will help fill in the gaps and allow healthcare companies to save $$ and that's when its really going to become important. Right now though, they have too much patent data to sift though with just current medical records and are having trouble making sense of it in a coherent fashion.

So, basically all the fitness and wellness stuff right now is just beta testing the sensors that your health insurance issued tracker will use in 15 years time to track your condition in real time to give you a discount on your premiums. Otherwise, all they are good for is motivation and that's something that's highly person to person.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

TollTheHounds posted:

I mean, I know I slept like poo poo last night, why does having it in a graph help?

It only helps if you're willing to put in the effort to isolate variables and track sleep quality. Basically, it helps you experiment.

http://www.gwern.net/Zeo

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

bull3964 posted:

Otherwise, all they are good for is motivation and that's something that's highly person to person.

I mean really there are two markets right now for fitness trackers, there are people like me that are already fit and just want to obsess over data and then a secondary market of unfit people that seem to think fitness trackers are going to make them fit. Most, most people are in the second, I see so many fat people wearing them, they are going to be incredibly disappointed by them and why I think the often get a bad rep, the first market, poo poo, I've had a Forerunner with HR strap for over 10 years, every runner I know has been semi-obsessively tracking their runs forever even people like myself that aren't super serious about running but just run a few miles a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0qVi_nF6y8

It seems like Fitbit is changing their marketing a bit to emphasise that as their target market, if you are already an active person you are probably going to be very happy quantifying data of activity or inactivity 24/7, if you aren't an active person it's not going to make you active just like that gym membership that you don't use doesn't.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Thermopyle posted:

It only helps if you're willing to put in the effort to isolate variables and track sleep quality. Basically, it helps you experiment.

http://www.gwern.net/Zeo

Yeah fair enough, I like it (QS) in general just from the "want to know everything" angle, but I definitely don't care enough to experiment like that. At least with sleep in particular because honestly I refuse to go to bed earlier than I do on an average night and the only way for me to get "better" sleep is to not wake up to an alarm. I've tried using the "Smart Wake-up" where it tries to wake you up during a light sleep cycle but whenever I do that it invariably wakes me up earlier than I actually want to get up ( even if I feel slightly less tired ).

The quantity & quality of the data is not really relevant to me, I think, as long as it is logged 24/7 and I could use it to catch any medical issues before they happen is what I'd want ( I'm not really a hypochondriac or anything but I don't like the idea of not knowing something might be wrong and I could have fixed it beforehand, whatever it is ). If you could have a wearable ( or combo of wearables ) that would log all that data and send you Google Now style cards like "Hey, the trend of your blood pressure, heart rate, and blood oxygen levels over the past 2 months indicate you should go see your doctor to get a full test done", without you even having to think about it, would be sweet.

That kind of thing doesn't really exist yet though so for now I'll stick with a watch that can do more than display the time ( or ear buds that do more than play music ).

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Three Olives posted:

I mean really there are two markets right now for fitness trackers, there are people like me that are already fit and just want to obsess over data and then a secondary market of unfit people that seem to think fitness trackers are going to make them fit. Most, most people are in the second, I see so many fat people wearing them, they are going to be incredibly disappointed by them and why I think the often get a bad rep, the first market, poo poo, I've had a Forerunner with HR strap for over 10 years, every runner I know has been semi-obsessively tracking their runs forever even people like myself that aren't super serious about running but just run a few miles a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0qVi_nF6y8

It seems like Fitbit is changing their marketing a bit to emphasise that as their target market, if you are already an active person you are probably going to be very happy quantifying data of activity or inactivity 24/7, if you aren't an active person it's not going to make you active just like that gym membership that you don't use doesn't.

But like I said, that's really all just motivation stuff.

I mean, you say "obsess over the data" but what does that really mean? I get that you want to know that your run took you two minutes longer today than it did yesterday, but with the limited data set about all you can do with that is say "I'm going to try harder tomorrow." So, basically, just motivation.

To make any useful metrics out of extensive data like that, you also need to be obsessively tracking things like diet, sleep, stress levels, environmental factors, etc. When you start getting down to that level, you are really just flat out training and not casually tracking fitness data.

When you break it down to motivation, it really doesn't matter who the target market is for. It's more along the lines of if you are someone who is motivated to outdo yourself on a daily basis or if you simply don't care. I mean, one of my friends isn't a fitness guy nor is he in tip top shape, but a step tracker did WONDERS for him because he's obsessed with games (not just video games, but games in general.) That gave him a number to experiment with and track on a daily basis "What was my percentage in step increase if I used the bathroom on the next floor up rather than the one I'm on? OK, how does that change further if I drink 2 more glasses of water a day which would then cause me to go to the bathroom more often? Can I get just as proportional step change by doing something else in my daily routine?" and so forth. Getting the step tracker gave him something to game and therefore got him to drop 10lbs just messing around with it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

bull3964 posted:

But like I said, that's really all just motivation stuff.

I mean, you say "obsess over the data" but what does that really mean? I get that you want to know that your run took you two minutes longer today than it did yesterday, but with the limited data set about all you can do with that is say "I'm going to try harder tomorrow." So, basically, just motivation.

When you break it down to motivation, it really doesn't matter who the target market is for. It's more along the lines of if you are someone who is motivated to outdo yourself on a daily basis or if you simply don't care. I mean, one of my friends isn't a fitness guy nor is he in tip top shape, but a step tracker did WONDERS for him because he's obsessed with games (not just video games, but games in general.) That gave him a number to experiment with and track on a daily basis "What was my percentage in step increase if I used the bathroom on the next floor up rather than the one I'm on? OK, how does that change further if I drink 2 more glasses of water a day which would then cause me to go to the bathroom more often? Can I get just as proportional step change by doing something else in my daily routine?" and so forth. Getting the step tracker gave him something to game and therefore got him to drop 10lbs just messing around with it.

Fair enough point, but I mean you could say that about anything. I guess my point is I don't know a single fit person that isn't constantly trying to quantify their fitness in some way and improve upon it, fitness trackers give you some sort of metric to help with that. I guess my point is more that most people are either motivated by fitness or they aren't, if they are and you give them something else to track they will track it and try and improve on it, Fitbit is good for that but it's like the January gym phenomenon, if you really wanted to start going to the gym you wouldn't just start in January, there is not some sort of magical fitness alignment of the planets that happens at the first of the year, it just means you are going to start going even though you know you won't enjoy it and you will eventually quit. Same with Fitbit, if you are actually motivated by trying to improve your fitness you will enjoy it but you are probably already other things, a fair part of the market seems to think that a fitness tracker is going to make them fit somehow and it doesn't work like that.

I think one of the most true points I heard about fitness trackers was a doctor bitching about the fact that almost all of the people that actually reliable use them are the ones that doctors are least concerned about the health of and the people that they actually want to be using them just don't bother.

quote:

To make any useful metrics out of extensive data like that, you also need to be obsessively tracking things like diet, sleep, stress levels, environmental factors, etc. When you start getting down to that level, you are really just flat out training and not casually tracking fitness data.

Just to block that out, I don't think that is true, I can absolutely tell a difference in my runs based on more casual factors, when I last did it, how much I ate, how much sleep I got, pace, how much other exercise I got. Is it helpful data? Eh, I can't say that I use it to change things that much but it definitely makes me more conscious of them.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 6, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

There will be long term value for "quantified self", but it isn't going to come from fitness trackers and sportswear companies. Metrics are a huge thing right now in healthcare as quality of care is one of the top things on everyone's mind. Eventually, individual data collected on a real time basis will help fill in the gaps and allow healthcare companies to save $$ and that's when its really going to become important. Right now though, they have too much patent data to sift though with just current medical records and are having trouble making sense of it in a coherent fashion.

So, basically all the fitness and wellness stuff right now is just beta testing the sensors that your health insurance issued tracker will use in 15 years time to track your condition in real time to give you a discount on your premiums. Otherwise, all they are good for is motivation and that's something that's highly person to person.

I saw an insurance ad for a device that you can plug into your car so it can track your driving habits and give you better car insurance rates. Presumably they track your speed and maybe even the crime/accident rates of the neighbourhoods you drive in? I guess doing that with people is the next step.

Private health care is not a thing in most of the developed world though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Reverse Centaur posted:

Doesn't matter. In those cases it will be the government mandating the devices to keep healthcare costs low. Choose your poison. Preventative care is where it's at and the ultimate evolution of that is real time data collection to stop problems before they become real issues.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I thought if you were wealthy enough in the rest of the world you still bought private healthcare.

Folly
May 26, 2010

bull3964 posted:

Doesn't matter. In those cases it will be the government mandating the devices to keep healthcare costs low. Choose your poison. Preventative care is where it's at and the ultimate evolution of that is real time data collection to stop problems before they become real issues.

You'll see it in Rehab Hospitals and Home Healthcare first, and they're still figuring out how to incorporate it there. I doubt you'll see it on people who are not actively someone's patient for a while.

Also "The Dash" sounds like vaporware to me. I'll something more than a brief, barely technical exclusive review to believe that it's a real product. MWC is in March? Maybe they're waiting for that. And speaking of MWC, I imagine the best time to buy stuff cheap will be around then, due to new product releases.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

I saw an insurance ad for a device that you can plug into your car so it can track your driving habits and give you better car insurance rates. Presumably they track your speed and maybe even the crime/accident rates of the neighbourhoods you drive in? I guess doing that with people is the next step.

That'd probably be the Progressive Snapshot. I had it, and it dropped my rates about 20%. They monitor mainly your speed, hard braking, and times you drive. Late at night (10PM+ later) effected how they calculate it, as well as rush hour morning and evening hours. They claim not to track where with a GPS.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

uapyro posted:

That'd probably be the Progressive Snapshot. I had it, and it dropped my rates about 20%. They monitor mainly your speed, hard braking, and times you drive. Late at night (10PM+ later) effected how they calculate it, as well as rush hour morning and evening hours. They claim not to track where with a GPS.

I thought there was something about people getting screwed over though because how it determined "hard braking" was really random? Maybe the only people complaining were people who were really "hard braking" though I suppose.

Folly posted:

Also "The Dash" sounds like vaporware to me. I'll something more than a brief, barely technical exclusive review to believe that it's a real product. MWC is in March? Maybe they're waiting for that. And speaking of MWC, I imagine the best time to buy stuff cheap will be around then, due to new product releases.

I don't think I'd say it's vaporware yet, I mean if they're willing to give hands-on to anyone ( even if it's Engadget ) at this point then that's something at least, there is a tangible product.

TollTheHounds fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 6, 2015

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

TollTheHounds posted:

I thought there was something about people getting screwed over though because how it determined "hard braking" was really random? Maybe the only people complaining were people who were really "hard braking" though I suppose.

I don't think I'd say it's vaporware yet, I mean if they're willing to give hands-on to anyone ( even if it's Engadget ) at this point then that's something at least, there is a tangible product.

There may have been; I got pretty good about it. Snapshot actually 'taught' me to instead of going right up to the stop line at a light to stop, slow down as soon as I see the light change. And after a while I figured out the pace I needed to go so that I still had speed once the light changed again. Once I did that I had no hard brakes at all from checking my usage, and my MPG actually went up a lot too since I didn't brake and accelerate. I'm sure some people behind me may not like that though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Don Lapre posted:

I thought if you were wealthy enough in the rest of the world you still bought private healthcare.

Usually "two tier" health care is angrily suppressed because it leads to lovely care for poor people. In my city some doctors tried to set up a private clinic in the rich neighbourhood and the government shut it down.

Although pro athletes somehow jump the line whenever they tear their penis or whatever.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Don Lapre posted:

Or you get it as an employee benefit.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
What happened to the wearable technology that the guy from Black Eyed Peas brought out? He announced it a couple of months ago and I haven't heard anything of it since.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

What happened to the wearable technology that the guy from Black Eyed Peas brought out? He announced it a couple of months ago and I haven't heard anything of it since.

Still not out.

http://www.puls.com/

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Didn't everyone that has touched it so far say it is the useless piece of poo poo that you would expect? Even the reviews of the Samsung watch phone, something from a company that arguably knows what they were doing said the concept is poo poo.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Didn't everyone that has touched it so far say it is the useless piece of poo poo that you would expect? Even the reviews of the Samsung watch phone, something from a company that arguably knows what they were doing said the concept is poo poo.

Yeah the verge said it was complete garbage. I'm just interested to see how much they charge for it and if anyone actually bought it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Has Microsoft done anything with the Band since its release? I really like my Band but for gently caress's sake its like they're trying to fail. Two months in and I still can't
-program my own custom workouts
-Track data on my Microsoft tablet (IOS and Android get Apps, but it seems even Microsoft doesn't give a poo poo about Metro Apps)
-Convince Band to track my Outlook account rather than my spamtrap gmail.

I like the Band itself so much that I'm considering getting a Windows phone to take advantage of Cortana integration. The biggest reason I'm hesitating is it seems like Microsoft instantly loses interest if their new whatever doesn't instantly cause Google to file for bankruptcy.

Also, why hasn't anyone built a Spritz based reader for wearables? It seems like a perfect fit.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Subterfrugal posted:

Has Microsoft done anything with the Band since its release? I really like my Band but for gently caress's sake its like they're trying to fail. Two months in and I still can't
-Track data on my Microsoft tablet (IOS and Android get Apps, but it seems even Microsoft doesn't give a poo poo about Metro Apps)

I like the Band itself so much that I'm considering getting a Windows phone to take advantage of Cortana integration. The biggest reason I'm hesitating is it seems like Microsoft instantly loses interest if their new whatever doesn't instantly cause Google to file for bankruptcy.

Also, why hasn't anyone built a Spritz based reader for wearables? It seems like a perfect fit.

Please do not buy a windows phone dude.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Microsoft works at snail speed. Ditch your current Band and wait for version 3 and you'll be good. In the meantime there are plenty of deals for other wearables that should suit your needs, you don't have to buy a new phone.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Yeah the verge said it was complete garbage.
The title of the article is Will.i.am's Puls smartwatch is the worst product I've touched all year.

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?

Please do not buy a windows phone dude.

Seriously, if you're annoyed at how slow microsoft is moving with the band, stay the gently caress away from windows phone. Or, hell, go read the WP thread and see even the fanboy tears at this point.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

bull3964 posted:

My work just changed how they do health insurance, and this is what they went to. It loving sucks and everyone at the company is really really pissed off. They are using Humana Vitality (https://www.humana.com/vitality/) and it is really really lovely.... I can see why they did it, but this whole program sucks. You get the same points for walking into the gym and walking back out as you would running a 5k on your own. But if you run a 5k in an official event you get a poo poo ton more bonus points.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Everyone posted:

Don't buy a Windows Phone and abandon all hope re: the Band

*Sigh* Y'all are right. It's amazing how Microsoft has overmanage itself out of competitiveness considering that their engineers are arguably still the best around. Cortana is fantastic. Windows 8.1 is so intuitive that it brought me back from using linux exclusively,I prefer Windows phone to Android, and the Band fits my weirdly block wrists perfectly and should be the impetus that pulls me back into their exclusive ecosystem.

Someone needs to be slapped around and told "YOU ARE THE UNDERDOGS NOW."

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Subterfrugal posted:

They did just release an update for the Microsoft Health software and new band firmware, but with the vague "bug fixes, blah blah" notes only. Would be nice if they had a roadmap or something, but eh.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 7, 2015

Mr Funkface
Dec 21, 2009

Protocol7 posted:

Microsoft works at snail speed. Ditch your current Band and wait for version 3 and you'll be good. In the meantime there are plenty of deals for other wearables that should suit your needs, you don't have to buy a new phone.

This. Return it and get something which is complete and more likely to be supported than this beta bullshit. I initially liked the Cortana integration (WP user hey-oh) but it revealed itself to be spotty at best. I've learnt to not miss wrist notifications. The sports and sleep metrics were limited in scope and use. The hardware comprehensive but bulky. Wait for V3 for hardware, and for MS to pull their fingers out and demonstrate intent to actually support the platform.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Subterfrugal posted:

*Sigh* Y'all are right. It's amazing how Microsoft has overmanage itself out of competitiveness considering that their engineers are arguably still the best around. Cortana is fantastic. Windows 8.1 is so intuitive that it brought me back from using linux exclusively,I prefer Windows phone to Android, and the Band fits my weirdly block wrists perfectly and should be the impetus that pulls me back into their exclusive ecosystem.

Someone needs to be slapped around and told "YOU ARE THE UNDERDOGS NOW."

It's really just how Microsoft works. They release a product, it sucks. A few iterations later, they've been completely outclassed by their competition, but finally end up with a not terrible product. See: Zune, Windows Phone, Windows 8.1 (I know this is debatable, but the improvements are obvious.)

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The Fitbit Charge HR and Surge are now buyable on Fitbit's online store site, if you were looking for one.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Loving my Moto 360 and getting to grips with what it can do, but I'm not always feeling the vibration when a text or whatever comes in. Is there any way to make the vibration longer or multiple buzzes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

kitten smoothie posted:

The Fitbit Charge HR and Surge are now buyable on Fitbit's online store site, if you were looking for one.

I'm up in the air between the Surge and the Vivosmart. I really just want text messages on my wrist when cycling that I can dismiss (which the Vivosmart can't apparently, as otherwise it's PERFECTA given ANT support).

I need an in-depth review of the Surge paired with iOS - has anyone seen one yet?