Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Light Gun Man posted:

Do they just do yet another scooby redesign every year now or what? Wasn't one of the ones from a couple years ago supposedly good and / or popular?

This one was crazy good for a kids cartoon with Scooby Doo in it.

I'm not trying to drat with faint praise, either. It was a remarkably good TV show.
...That happened to be about the Scooby gang, and was written for a main audience of kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Oh hell I'm so excited for possible Mystery Machine sets but looking at that animation style I guarantee they're gonna just dump those animated faces on a Minifig head and it's gonna look awful.

Those faces are so weird. Although just looking at that photo and I can hear TJ Miller's voice coming from Shaggy.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh wow, put together that cannon with the blue Star Wars clone dudes and good lord it has a hell of a kick to it. It's awesome and puts flick missiles to shame.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

McDragon posted:

Oh wow, put together that cannon with the blue Star Wars clone dudes and good lord it has a hell of a kick to it. It's awesome and puts flick missiles to shame.

Yeah the past year and a half has been pretty brutal on childrens' eyes.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Wait what?

Edit: Oh nevermind edits were made. Okay that's weird but okay!

There's nothing weird about that. A badass mystery machine would kickass and the idea of creepy monsters with various old man _____ heads under the mask sounds amazing.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

McDragon posted:

The Wookie Gunship has two of those things!

Someone on reddit put a handle on that gun and gave it to the Moria cave troll, like some kind of sweet Fallout super mutant.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Light Gun Man posted:

Do they just do yet another scooby redesign every year now or what? Wasn't one of the ones from a couple years ago supposedly good and / or popular?

I think so. Or at least enough scenes that were worth screencapping. It's actually really interesting how a multi-decade series has seen so many iterations over the years, not sure if there are many others.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

It's pretty neat that this comes with Emmet's car. Wasn't that a polybag set by itself?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a way to get a list of new sets as they come out?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Been building the Detective Office. So, uh, this whole building is a front for some sort of candy smuggling operation?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Been building the Detective Office. So, uh, this whole building is a front for some sort of candy smuggling operation?

I read somewhere (it may have been pasted in here) that, yes, there's a bootlegging theme going on, except it's sugar that's under prohibition and I think they're baking illicit cookies.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah, it's completely spelled out in the official design video: http://youtu.be/hpshhxplgAU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
The monthly bonus flower cart set has a candy stash too

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The monthly bonus flower cart set has a candy stash too

Oh god, it does! I wondered what the hell that was for.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Is there a way to get a list of new sets as they come out?

https://www.brickset.com is your best bet

Mortuus
Nov 8, 2012

Jesus loves you, useless corpse
Does anyone know when the new sets usually are available on Amazon? I really wanna get the city truck with the porta-potty.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Mortuus posted:

Does anyone know when the new sets usually are available on Amazon? I really wanna get the city truck with the porta-potty.

I do too, but 60073 Service Truck doesn't appear to be in the USA yet.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Mine GO BOOM posted:

I do too, but 60073 Service Truck doesn't appear to be in the USA yet.

The Dreamworks smirk on him is really selling it for me.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Now I feel compelled to own 4 polybag A-wings. Damnit.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I wish the blind bags were sold somewhere apart from Toys R Us. It's just not convenient to have to travel all the way to a huge store to grab a little impulse purchase :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I wish the blind bags were sold somewhere apart from Toys R Us. It's just not convenient to have to travel all the way to a huge store to grab a little impulse purchase :(

Walmart and Target should have them...?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

In theory.. Target doesn't have poo poo right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wait, you're in the UK. Go to WHSmiths! They've had them since before Christmas! And, not that I encourage this, but the self checkouts can't tell the difference between 1 or 2 minifigs... <ahem>. :cop:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Mortuus posted:

Yeah, they are pretty slow. Amazon doesn't have 60059 (Logging Truck) or 60083 (Snowplow), even though they've been available from Lego since mid-December.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, you're in the UK. Go to WHSmiths! They've had them since before Christmas! And, not that I encourage this, but the self checkouts can't tell the difference between 1 or 2 minifigs... <ahem>. :cop:

Please post more tips on stealing inexpensive children's toys like an especially pathetic drug addict.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

xzzy posted:

In theory.. Target doesn't have poo poo right now.

We only have Walmart in my little town, and they've been out since early December. Ah well, someday I'll get a goblin and paleontologist!

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Lego trailer for the new season of Top Gear: http://youtu.be/A7YDMt7jOfU

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Tanith posted:

Now I feel compelled to own 4 polybag A-wings. Damnit.

Only 4? I may need a whole squadron.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

We have three walmarts and a target in my area. They might get A box about a month after they've been out and even if they do they never restock.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Roots Radical posted:

I know there have been rumors abut top gear branded lego for a while now, but somehow I can't see it being all that interesting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ika posted:

I know there have been rumors abut top gear branded lego for a while now, but somehow I can't see it being all that interesting.

Unfortunately all lego needs to do to make a mountain of money is slap a logo from some pop culture entity on the box.

A white minifig with an opaque visor in a sports car would fly off the shelves.

Not that I mind, the more successful lego is the better as long as some of their lineup is true to their roots.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Roots Radical posted:

This was super :3:

Ika posted:

They've already announced a line of LEGO sports cars for this year, I wonder if they'll co-brand with Top Gear for those?

fake edit: just checked, looks like the sports cars will be released under the Speed Champions name, so I guess that's not the TG co-brand

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011

Ika posted:

I really truly hope not. Top Gear may be "popular" but you can also say the same about Eastenders or Coronation Street. Somehow I couldn't see those being used to shift units in Toys R Us.

Besides, there is no way that Lego, with it's wholesome image, would ever partner with anything to do with Jeremy Clarkson.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

lorddazron posted:

I really truly hope not. Top Gear may be "popular" but you can also say the same about Eastenders or Coronation Street. Somehow I couldn't see those being used to shift units in Toys R Us.

Besides, there is no way that Lego, with it's wholesome image, would ever partner with anything to do with Jeremy Clarkson.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that they could do some cool Top Gear sets. Hell, half the poo poo they build on the show is like the automotive equivalent of a double decker couch. The campers/caravans (particularly Clarkeson's modern apartment camper) or pickup truck hovercraft are good examples. I'd buy a Reliant Robin kit too.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Lawen posted:

I'd buy a Reliant Robin kit too.

I think I've got my next MOC.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

lorddazron posted:

Top gear sent out a survey asking a bunch of questions about possible lego sets a while ago, so who knows.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

The_Doctor posted:

Unfortunately the Smiths near me doesn't carry them. The local toy shops have stopped getting them since the movie series and waterstones just shrugged at me. Sainsburys had last series but doesn't seem to have bothered with this one.

FallenSystm
Feb 9, 2005

"Full of Fish?"
Needs some help acquiring a discontinued set.

My wife loves Harry Potter and unfortunately our lapse in Lego fanaticism skipped over the Harry Potter sets. What is the best way to acquire Hagrid's Hut - 4738? I am not dying for a box or anything because I know it would most likely be displayed forever. This set specifically because I know the amount of Harry Potter sets we'll acquire are going to be slim and Hagrid is one of her favorite side characters. (And who doesn't like that cute dragon)

Anyways, any tips would be appreciated because those "NIB" prices for Harry Potter sets are outrageous!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bricklink has a couple for sale with minifigs for around $50, probably about the cheapest you'll be able to get it for. That's not an enormous markup over the original $40 price.

About your only other option would be to get lucky at a garage sale or second hand store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Jordanis posted:

Only 4? I may need a whole squadron.

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6122929.pdf

If you wanted to make your own now. Not complicated, I might make some dark blue/gray ones tonight, depending on how many of those long smooth slopes I can find. (I also haven't bought enough Star Wars sets to accumulate much Rebellion Red or whatever they call it).