Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Love dem Bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

FIVE MORE THAN THE WORLD RECORD

What is this about? One of Scott Hall's old gimmicks?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

JPrime posted:

What is this about? One of Scott Hall's old gimmicks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKxXr1s2TDw

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yet another failure presided over by none other than Eric Bischoff, in fact.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nice to see Cornie and Bucks are still doing business.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Nice to see Cornie and Bucks are still doing business.

The funny thing is, the Young Bucks are so head and shoulders above most tag teams with their crazy offence that they remind me of the Midnight Express, who Cornette managed. I actually think Jim managing them would be MONEY.

Sadly, Jim clearly disagrees.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The funny thing is, the Young Bucks are so head and shoulders above most tag teams with their crazy offence that they remind me of the Midnight Express, who Cornette managed. I actually think Jim managing them would be MONEY.

I think the whole thing's a work.

Cornette yells about High Spots. High Spots does record business.

Cornette yells about Russo. Dude launches his own podcast and fantasy booking league.

Cornette yells about Young Bucks. Bucks....???

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Cornette yells about Russo. Dude launches his own podcast and fantasy booking league.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure Jim really does hate Russo and Ferrara. He spat on Ferrara in retaliation for Oklahoma, for gently caress's sake.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

coconono posted:

Da Bucks are already at da top

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Delsaber posted:

With the cats on the line!

It'll be a lumbercat match.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

It'll be a lumbercat match.

Cat on a Pole, where the cat scratches the poo poo out of anyone trying to take it off its pole.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He said on his podcast recently that he loves them as people and thinks they're incredibly talented athletes but he doesn't like their matches because they're generic indie as gently caress spotfest superkick parties with no psychology or selling.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

He said on his podcast recently that he loves them as people and thinks they're incredibly talented athletes but he doesn't like their matches because they're generic indie as gently caress spotfest superkick parties with no psychology or selling.

I only agree a little.

Indie as gently caress spotfest superkick parties with no psychology or selling? Welllllll...yes I suppose. But it's ENTERTAINING Indie as gently caress spotfest superkick parties with no psychology or selling.

But Generic? Come on now, James.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

fart blood posted:

I only agree a little.

Indie as gently caress spotfest superkick parties with no psychology or selling? Welllllll...yes I suppose. But it's ENTERTAINING Indie as gently caress spotfest superkick parties with no psychology or selling.

But Generic? Come on now, James.

Well he is notoriously old-school so I could see why he hates it. I think the exact quote was "what PWG fans think all wrestling is."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cornette's burger analogy is pretty accurate given the Bucks' role on the Dome.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

MassRafTer posted:

Cornette's burger analogy is pretty accurate given the Bucks' role on the Dome.

cornette's burger analogy is pretty apt given that he could probably scream and curse about them for like 5 straight minutes

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Nerokerubina posted:

cornette's burger analogy is pretty apt given that he could probably scream and curse about them for like 5 straight minutes

If Cornette didn't get lettuce on his burger I can only imagine the wrath that would be put upon those poor Wendy's drive through attendants.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I once went to Wendy's and got my brother a hamburger, plain. They gave me a hamburger patty in a salad box with no bun.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I once went to Wendy's and got my brother a hamburger, plain. They gave me a hamburger patty in a salad box with no bun.

I went to McDonalds once and asked for a McChicken with no lettuce, so of course they gave me a bun with just lettuce.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Luigi Thirty posted:

Owned.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Two Beans posted:

Cat on a Pole, where the cat scratches the poo poo out of anyone trying to take it off its pole.

Special Ref Grumpy Cat.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Kind of dumb to include Generico in the list of burials when he went to NXT and started talking like Jim wanted. Jim has a lot of dumb beliefs but his views on Generico's ceiling had much better reasoning than hating comedy, fat guys, and superkicks.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Sami Zayn Talking is fine. El Generico talking would have ruined his gimmick.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Luigi Thirty posted:

Matt Jackson posted:

"Learn how to sell."

Um. We had the biggest line by far at the gimmick table.

Matt Jackson posted:

"Tell a story in the ring."

We did. It was a story about a guy being told to suck it & then getting kicked in his face 20 times.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I actually agree with Matt. Cornette's ideas on what wrestling is are not modern enough, nor are they old fashioned enough. Wrestling is "entertaining the fans" and "making money". If you're getting the crowds in and getting them to react to fun matches, moving tickets and selling merch, you're succeeding at wrestling.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

quote:

It was a story about a guy being told to suck it & then getting kicked in his face 20 times.

My fav bedtime story as a kid. :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Every time I read/hear a Bucks quote, it makes me love those spot-monkeys even more.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Young Bucks are essentially a tag team of Sabu & Sabu back when he could hit his stuff regularly, except they are smartasses.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Sabu back when he could hit his stuff regularly

When....when was this?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

fart blood posted:

When....when was this?

No joke, from like, 93-95, he was genuinely on point and pretty good. The guy was too hard on his body though, and now he's a mess.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

No joke, from like, 93-95, he was genuinely on point and pretty good. The guy was too hard on his body though, and now he's a mess.

you might be remembering incorrectly because he was always really sloppy, he just had the charisma and lack of self-preservation sense to make up for it. The bucks are very technically proficient and tight with everything they do. Honestly a team of 90s RVD and RVD would be a better comparison

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The one TNA match RVD and Sabu had was pretty much clean of botches, which kinda killed the fun.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

The one TNA match RVD and Sabu had was pretty much clean of botches, which kinda killed the fun.

Their matches against each other tend to usually be better than most Sabu matches, I assume it's because they have worked each other so many times.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Sabu could actually work pretty well, I'm just at this point like 80% sure he just did a lot of high risk easily botched poo poo because it was a running joke even back in the ECW days that he was a botch machine.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Wasn't he actually, like, trained up as a technical wrestler or something? He's not exactly a mat wizard but sometimes you can see flashes of it.

Ps: Sabu rules, fools.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LvK posted:

Wasn't he actually, like, trained up as a technical wrestler or something? He's not exactly a mat wizard but sometimes you can see flashes of it.

He has a legit amateur background, supposedly.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Kind of dumb to include Generico in the list of burials when he went to NXT and started talking like Jim wanted. Jim has a lot of dumb beliefs but his views on Generico's ceiling had much better reasoning than hating comedy, fat guys, and superkicks.

Kind of dumb to include Steen as well given the fact that Jim Cornette yielded to giving him the belt and letting him be a fat rear end version of Stone Cold Steve Austin in ROH. Just be nice to Jim Cornette ok

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Jim Cornette is miles down the ladder of Most Scumbag Behind the Scenes Figure and he has wonderfully expressive facial muscles. We love you Jim.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LvK posted:

He's legit, trained by the original Sheik, who was the definition of old school grapple dude(plus fireballs and forks).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I used to kind of think he had a point, but gently caress it. Eventually I learned to stop worrying and love the superkick.