Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Benne posted:

You guys, I'm really happy that Daniel Bryan is back :unsmith:

Does it feel like a swelling feeling of joy? As if something in the horrid world has gone right for once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Alouicious posted:

what THEY believe

10 rape trial facts THEY don't want you to know. SJWs hate this!

Cool now someone is going to make a sarcastic MRA PUA comment making fun of tumblr/gbs/d&d types in response to this GiP own, and we'll be discussing Israel/Pakistan in two pages.

Heath Slater like King probably didn't do anything, but will be the subject of bad jokes and that's it. Same as Macho Man.

Onmi posted:

Does it feel like a swelling feeling of joy? As if something in the horrid world has gone right for once?

Daniel Bryan is good, Daniel Bryan is life :unsmith:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Benne posted:

You guys, I'm really happy that Daniel Bryan is back :unsmith:

He's going to be used to put over Roman Reigns! Hooray!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I know there will be jokes for years to come, but I'll still be happy when Slater comes back on TV.

And Daniel :woop:

And good, freaking god, Rollins has been knocking it out of the park lately. His promo with Heyman on Smackdown was absolutely top tier.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rollins is becoming a pro level heel as of late; it's beautiful. Him saying "JOHNNNNNNN" 20-30 times several weeks ago was just so grating and effective.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

Cool now someone is going to make a sarcastic MRA PUA comment making fun of tumblr/gbs/d&d types in response to this GiP own, and we'll be discussing Israel/Pakistan in two pages.

Heath Slater like King probably didn't do anything, but will be the subject of bad jokes and that's it. Same as Macho Man.

Daniel Bryan is good, Daniel Bryan is life :unsmith:

the gently caress does GiP have to do with anything

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It probably won't happen but Rollins has deserved a chance to walk out of the Rumble as champion. He's done just about everything in his power to grab that stupid brass ring Vince is always crowing about. Pull the drat trigger and make a new star for once.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, anybody who didn't see Rollins' promo with Heyman on Smackdown needs to get on that, because it was pretty incredible from both guys.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Also cross posting but Cena continues to refuse to put anyone over no matter what

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, anybody who didn't see Rollins' promo with Heyman on Smackdown needs to get on that, because it was pretty incredible from both guys.

I would be totally down with Heyman screwing over Brock and Rollins screwing over the Authority in order for them to work together.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Never Give Up. :patriot:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

I always thought Cena was Mark Wahlberg but now I realize he's Channing Tatum.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

Doesn't add up, because Channing Tatum is good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Strawberry Panda posted:

He won't be Channing Tatum until they reshoot an episode of Smackdown on Wednesday to add more John Cena.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gonz posted:

Rollins is becoming a pro level heel as of late; it's beautiful. Him saying "JOHNNNNNNN" 20-30 times several weeks ago was just so grating and effective.

He's been great lately, though I wish he'd do something about his fake laugh. It doesn't sound convincing in the slightest and it gives me Final Fantasy X flashbacks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

He's been great lately, though I wish he'd do something about his fake laugh. It doesn't sound convincing in the slightest and it gives me Final Fantasy X flashbacks.

I dunno, I kinda love it in that goofy wrestling way. Rollins is so good at getting people to hate him, I wonder if he's been watching Edge segments and taking notes. Never thought the dude had it in him during his Shield run.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wait, why are we badmouthing Channing Tatum?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Meltzer says it was Lanny Poffo's idea to have Hogan induct Randy Savage. He said underneath it all they really did love each other. So there's that.

Benne posted:

I dunno, I kinda love it in that goofy wrestling way. Rollins is so good at getting people to hate him, I wonder if he's been watching Edge segments and taking notes. Never thought the dude had it in him during his Shield run.

I've seen a ton of people compare him to Edge in the past couple months. It rules.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

He won't be Channing Tatum until they reshoot an episode of Smackdown on Wednesday to add more John Cena.

Except it's all skits with the Rock, and the announcers never mention him when he's offscreen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ages posted:

Wait, why are we badmouthing Channing Tatum?

He gave him a compliment.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gaz-L posted:

Except it's all skits with the Rock, and the announcers never mention him when he's offscreen.

Was it Iron Man 3 where the Chinese version added extra scenes about a Chinese scientist (in disconnected scenes from the rest of the movie) does A Thing that helps Iron Man save the world in the name of China?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

channing tatum should play john cena in the eventual biopic

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Was it Iron Man 3 where the Chinese version added extra scenes about a Chinese scientist (in disconnected scenes from the rest of the movie) does A Thing that helps Iron Man save the world in the name of China?

Yeah, the doctor who takes the shrapnel out of his chest is Chinese and has a few extra scenes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My favorite thing about Channing Tatum is how hard Hollywood tried to push him as a heartthrob in romantic movies and bland action lead, before discovering that he's a gifted comedic talent and ran with that instead.

Channing Tatum rules as long as he's not in Nicholas Sparks movies.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

She's the man was a good movie

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem posted:

It really was.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

After seeing Foxcatcher, Channing might be a better worker than Cena.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't see it live, so I'm not sure how much this is missing, but what's here was amazing. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUKUszXz8E

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bryan's done the dive through the ropes to the floor twice this week, and both times I've noticed he's done a 'soft' version of the way he used to. On Raw he did a midair turn so he didn't go headfirst into the barricade, on Smackdown he didn't project as far so he fell short of the barricade. He's working safer and smarter, and it shows.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

I didn't see it live, so I'm not sure how much this is missing, but what's here was amazing. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUKUszXz8E

GodDAMN, Seth. :stare:

It only makes me sadder that Ambrose and Reigns are falling victim to terrible writing and booking. Imagine we had all 3 of them operating at this level. At least Dean is doing the best with what he's got.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

To be honest, as much as I like Seth Rollins I still wasn't 100% sold on the guy as a possible champion, but I sure as hell am now. If you can hang with Heyman in a promo (and this might be a thing that should become a mandatory barometer going forward) then I think you more than deserve to be in that conversation. I'll be pretty surprised if he doesn't end the year either with the title or with a title reign already behind him.

Ambrose can almost certainly work there too. Reigns, with or without Vince writing the script... I don't know, man. The bar he needs to jump is only getting higher.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I guess I should forget Raw exists and just watch Smackdown now that it's on Thursday.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Dunno if this has been posted, but goddamn Daniel Bryan is some sort of hippie savant.

http://www.alternativenation.net/daniel-bryan-interview/

quote:

What was your take on Vince McMahon’s interview a couple of months back on the WWE Network where he encouraged talent to reach for the brass ring?

(Laughs) You know it’s funny, because one of the things that he had mentioned was, he said something about the Millennials not having any ambition, right. It’s funny, because the WWE does this personality test with some of their more successful superstars, where they rank you on all of these scores, like your desire for power, and your personality, and all that kind of stuff. One of the things they ranked was ambition, and it’s funny, because in this personality assessment, I got the lowest score for ambition that the lady had ever seen. So they do it on a percentile basis, so from 0 to 100, I was in the bottom 1 percentile of ambition.

(Laughs) It’s funny because the lady was like, ‘How on earth are you so successful given that you seem to have no ambition?’ I said, ‘Well, that’s where there’s a flaw on the test. I have no ambition for what society says is important as far as things like money, and all that kind of stuff.’ What I am ambitious about is I want to be the best wrestler that I can possibly be, and I think there’s some sort of mistake in generations, as far as what he thinks as far as our generation lacking ambition. Our generation just wants different things than what his generation wants, and I think that’s a societal thing as well. There’s an older generation of people who say, ‘No, you guys should want this, you guys should want this, you guys should want this.’ Whereas our generation, a lot of us say, ‘No, we don’t want that, we want something different, and a lot of the things that you guys wanted, are the reason that the world is messed up. We need to change our value system.’ So that’s it, that’s a very different take on what’s going on.

But people do need to stand up and say, ‘No, this isn’t what I want, I want to do this. This is me, this is how I want to present myself on television. This is how I want to be within WWE, this is how I view professional wrestling, this is what I would like it to be.’ People have to have the courage to come up and say that. But the hard thing is, he was talking about the Attitude Era and how things were different, well things wouldn’t have been that much different if there wasn’t a WCW. Like guys could say, ‘Hey, I don’t want to do this. If you want to fire me fine, because I’m going to go to WCW and make just as much money.’ That doesn’t exist right now. It’s people who are okay with like, ‘Hey, my life without WWE, is as good as my life with the WWE.’ They have to be able to say, ‘Okay, if I’m going to say this is what I want to do, or else I’m taking my ball and going home.’ They have to have some sort of plan for when they take their ball and go home, they have something else to do, which is hard, especially when you have a family, and all that kind of stuff. So yeah, I have very interesting thoughts on that whole podcast. It’s a very interesting look into the mind of Vince McMahon, so it was fascinating.

He also seems to really really like Triple H.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well that's far too sensible for a wrestler.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dexo posted:

He also seems to really really like Triple H.

Triple H gave him the rub and tried to get Vince to pull the trigger on him around Summer Slam, so yeah no kidding. HHH probably sees the near future of the WWE as Reigns/Bryan as the top faces, with Rollins/Other as the top heel so when Vince retires or hands him the keys to the kingdom he can point to them as his success stories.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Someone out there is frantically typing up that interview as another "civil war" article as we speak.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Triple H gave him the rub and tried to get Vince to pull the trigger on him around Summer Slam, so yeah no kidding. HHH probably sees the near future of the WWE as Reigns/Bryan as the top faces, with Rollins/Other as the top heel so when Vince retires or hands him the keys to the kingdom he can point to them as his success stories.

Probably Ambrose as the other top guy. If only so the Shield can be seen as an even bigger success story, and a lot of the Shield's booking is generally attributed to him right?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Delsaber posted:

Someone out there is frantically typing up that interview as another "civil war" article as we speak.

I want to see a Burns esque documentary taking this hyperbole and exaggeration as total fact now. Black and white photos and video, with celebrities dubbing over famous wrestlers and dudes like Kevin Dunn.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Probably Ambrose as the other top guy. If only so the Shield can be seen as an even bigger success story, and a lot of the Shield's booking is generally attributed to him right?

Yeah, hence why CM Punk is getting extra buried and unpersoned right now.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Red posted:

As punishment, they'll spend a few weeks having different over-the-hill "legends" (using the term loosely) come out and destroy Slater, ending with all of the old guys burying Slater in-ring in hilarious, embarrassing fashi

... what?

Slater's burial will be that he wins matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

NutritiousSnack posted:

Yeah, hence why CM Punk is getting extra buried and unpersoned right now.

Do what, now?

• Locked thread