Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm actually kind of impressed that "consumerism" is one of the categories. I also like the laid back and frank conversational tone of the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

feedmyleg posted:

Heh, as pointed out in the CBB thread, Netflix has detailed content warnings for shows.

"Brock is a bodyguard with no boundaries and a deviant sexual appetite; Dr. Venture is a manic depressive with a nasty disposition" and "Brock always has a cigarette clenched in his teeth; Dr. Venture is addicted to prescription painkillers and drinks a lot" sound like they could be a DVR description of like half the episodes.

The usually hilarious IMDB parent's guide is lacking in comparison when it comes to VB.

quote:

Sex & Nudity
-Very strong references
-Some episodes contain full frontal nudity (DVD version only)

Violence & Gore
-Some strong bloody violence but is often humorous and not meant to be taken seriously -The most violent acts shown are people being cut by a lawnmower(lots of blood spray) and a head being torn off (spine visible)

Profanity
-Moderate language on TV, but DVD version has some strong language.

Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking
-Strong but infrequent drug/alcohol references -One of the main characters smokes very often

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

-Some episodes contain full frontal nudity (DVD version only)(Dicks only)

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm actually kind of impressed that "consumerism" is one of the categories. I also like the laid back and frank conversational tone of the whole thing.

Did they skip the Hank Bucks episodes?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

robot roll call posted:

-Some episodes contain full frontal nudity (DVD version only)(Dicks only)

Is this about the Venture/Killinger penis dream?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

prefect posted:

Is this about the Venture/Killinger penis dream?

I don't remember if it's censored but I do remember Brock being naked and killing people in the double date episode. :black101:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nah 4th season of Venture Brothers is just full of dicks. It's hilarious how in the dvd commentary they were very impressed with the Korean animators. Even giving the dicks dangling animations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"full frontal nudity (DVD version only)(Dicks only)"

new thread subtitle.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Shindragon posted:

Nah 4th season of Venture Brothers is just full of dicks. It's hilarious how in the dvd commentary they were very impressed with the Korean animators. Even giving the dicks dangling animations.

Hence the season 4 tagline: "My God, it's full of dicks!"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Emerson Cod posted:

Did they skip the Hank Bucks episodes?

Hank want trying to sell the viewer anything though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Guy A. Person posted:

I really like Common Sense Media- it's basically content advisories for people who want to know what's in the movie/show/etc but aren't religious nuts who think it's notable that a movie does or doesn't acknowledge the supremacy of God the Father.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Totally, I'm really seriously on board with that content advisory. It's actually fun to read, and written by someone who actually understands the show.

Any organization that puts in that kind of effort across the board gets a big :thumbsup: from me.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Consumerism?

Hate to break it to you, but you're watching something on Netflix, you've already lost that fight.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Consuming art entertainment someone put creative effort into is a bit different than buying garbage at your local big box.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

No its not, its exactly the same.

Also, Venture Bros basically derives its existence from popular culture, which means its recycled consumption!

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Also, Venture Bros basically derives its existence from popular culture, which means its recycled consumption!

:allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sash! posted:

I'll have you know that Venture Bros is organically grown consumerism, sir. :colbert:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sash! posted:

Consumerism?

Hate to break it to you, but you're watching something on Netflix, you've already lost that fight.

It's more trying to convey wherever or not the show you're watching is based on a cereal mascot or a Geico commercial or whatnot.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

VB's most consumerist content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJlRLe81cA

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Consumerism?

I think that category is reserved for 30 minute toy commercials like Transformers and MLP.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

notZaar posted:

I think that category is reserved for 30 minute toy commercials like Transformers and MLP.

It's also used a lot for crappy video games on their sites, stuff like the Barbie games.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Nevermind, I found the answer to my question. Well, off to iTunes for me!

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 18, 2015

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Argh, I thought the special was tonight at midnight. It's tomorrow at midnight.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'm curious if MLK release was intentional, or just how the cards fell.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

deong posted:

I'm curious if MLK release was intentional, or just how the cards fell.

I feel like if it was intentional, it would have aired tonight so more people could watch it.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Just saw an early, spoiler free review and I am now more excited then ever. The episode trailer and this review confirm that there will be alot of cameos from various characters in the series. Like everyone as been saying, this is the proper finale for season 5.

Does anyone know how soon I will be able to download the episode from Amazon? I don't have cable anymore, so that is pretty much my only way of watching this. If it goes up within an hour of airing, I might try and stay up. If not, then it will be a tomorrow evening watch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Havoc904 posted:

Just saw an early, spoiler free review and I am now more excited then ever. The episode trailer and this review confirm that there will be alot of cameos from various characters in the series. Like everyone as been saying, this is the proper finale for season 5.

Does anyone know how soon I will be able to download the episode from Amazon? I don't have cable anymore, so that is pretty much my only way of watching this. If it goes up within an hour of airing, I might try and stay up. If not, then it will be a tomorrow evening watch.

Amazon usually sticks up new episodes at like 3. Since its midnight showing I have no idea if it will be up Tuesday or Wednesday.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

"Brock is a bodyguard with no boundaries and a deviant sexual appetite; Dr. Venture is a manic depressive with a nasty disposition"
Make this the new title of the thread please.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
It's finally time. Congratulations to fellow goon venture bros fans for surviving long enough to see another episode. Godspeed to those we've lost along the way.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

hughesta posted:

It's finally time. Congratulations to fellow goon venture bros fans for surviving long enough to see another episode. Godspeed to those we've lost along the way.
Well, another... whatever this is.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Colbert back as Prof. Impossible. :woop:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I liked some of those Council guys!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sovereign can be such a Queen Bitch

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hank run Bartertown!!!

E: I love how the Luchador priest is an actual priest

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 20, 2015

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

kefkafloyd posted:

Colbert back as Prof. Impossible. :woop:

I think that was Bill Hader

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat this is already so good. loving commercials...

mizbachevenim
Jul 13, 2002

If you fake the funk, your nose will grow
I miss smoking

Love u Santa

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Reset Smith posted:

I think that was Bill Hader

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/17/the-venture-bros-all-this-and-gargantua-2-review

Colbert came back for this one.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Was Underbheits voice a bit off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
A Scamp callback! In 2015!