Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm
May 11, 2008

muike posted:

no it's very clearly vaporware despite the fairly frequent updates and actual footage of the game working, lol

So it's like 99% of kickstarters, in other words.

e: I liked shaq fu though so hopefully there are some good basketball themed fighting tournaments

Malcolm fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There is a constant trickle of progress being made. Slow and steady, bad when ready. That is the developement motto.

For example, in the span of a month I've made two areas, both fairly well detailed as far as scenery goes, although there is always some work to be done with them. The bigger area is pretty empty for now, but everything that goes in it is well documented and partially made, just not implemented yet since other priorities exist. The other area is a small town that is my own project for the most part that I've somehow managed to convince them to include in the game. It has an overly elaborate questline that consists of one main quest and four sidequests that alter the way it all plays out, if you choose to partake in it. Lot of tough moral choices to be made. This is what I'm working on right now and I'm hoping it'll be done by the weekend.

Other than that just doing some generic poo poo like fixing up DwarfNET bugs, fixing up Character Creation bugs, adjusting horserace mechanics, Baby Huey clothing game, working on stupid experimental poo poo like tower defense, fencing and audiologs that I will eventually remove in silence after realizing what a poo poo idea it was. Although there are some parts in the game that I think we could utilize a tower defense sort of minigame in, so sometimes there is a feasible use for these things. Idk, I kinda wanna see them in there but in the end I don't really make the calls. I just make poo poo and sometimes it gets through the filter.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gortarius posted:

There is a constant trickle of progress being made. Slow and steady, bad when ready. That is the developement motto.

For example, in the span of a month I've made two areas, both fairly well detailed as far as scenery goes, although there is always some work to be done with them. The bigger area is pretty empty for now, but everything that goes in it is well documented and partially made, just not implemented yet since other priorities exist. The other area is a small town that is my own project for the most part that I've somehow managed to convince them to include in the game. It has an overly elaborate questline that consists of one main quest and four sidequests that alter the way it all plays out, if you choose to partake in it. Lot of tough moral choices to be made. This is what I'm working on right now and I'm hoping it'll be done by the weekend.

Other than that just doing some generic poo poo like fixing up DwarfNET bugs, fixing up Character Creation bugs, adjusting horserace mechanics, Baby Huey clothing game, working on stupid experimental poo poo like tower defense, fencing and audiologs that I will eventually remove in silence after realizing what a poo poo idea it was. Although there are some parts in the game that I think we could utilize a tower defense sort of minigame in, so sometimes there is a feasible use for these things. Idk, I kinda wanna see them in there but in the end I don't really make the calls. I just make poo poo and sometimes it gets through the filter.

This sounds like it'd make a post-mortem to put FFXIII to shame

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Game's

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gortarius posted:

I really liked that aspect of Barkley 1, there'd be a buildup to some interesting mechanic, it'd get used one time, and then never mentioned again.
I believe in you guy's!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's all a lie the game was actually fully complete months before the kickstarter went live, since the full source code of the game was found inside a bball meteroite and now they're just waiting a believable amount of time before releasing it to justify taking all us backers as huge rubes

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'll double my donation if tog's sends me a shard of that bball meteorite.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Schwarzwald posted:

No deal chump, unless you pledged for the 10k reward tier.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Schwarzwald posted:

With the proper equipment and a working knowledge of bball distilling techniques you can harvest meteorite dust from common basketballs sold at your local sporting goods store

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
I still stream some Barkley pixel stuff. Took a 2-week-or-so break over the holidays, started again this week. I often forget to link to it here when I start though, I should do that more, or maybe write a kickstarter update about that with some links to older videos or something.

Been mostly drawing NPCs for Brain City lately, and last month I was dealing with a backlog of older, lower priority work tickets. I should stream again tonight around 6:30 EST if anyone's interested, going to finish up this latest batch of Brain city NPCs, drawing and animating dialogue portraits for em now. My twitch is http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow/

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

I'm still suspicious that Gortarius is the 1,000 dollar level donator and all of their posts ITT are the fake interview prize they won.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

slouch posted:

I'm still suspicious that Gortarius is the 1,000 dollar level donator and all of their posts ITT are the fake interview prize they won.
Technically all of the devs have donated $1,000 or more so you can't be wrong.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

slouch posted:

I actually have suspected that a little myself. I hope it's true.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Can neither confirm nor deny.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

panda clue posted:

holy poo poo this thread, I forgot this even existed. is this ever going to actually happen, or is it going to be just like 99% of all other kickstarters? Is the dude working on it even around anymore?

Yes! I am here, the game is happening, I am very proud of what we have so far. It's a big rear end game and, after working on this big rear end game for a long time, it's clear why more small, largely part-time teams don't work on such big rear end games. But I think it will not disappoint and everyone who has gotten their hands on it so far has been impressed.

We also show it + our one-of-a-kind character creation wizard booth pretty regularly at conventions, most recently at the Tokyo Gameshow.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

if it doesn't disappoint me i will be thoroughly disappointed

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Yeah that part where you're game is going well but you're looking at the eight septillion manhours you just know you have to invest to move the game from 'meh' to 'what we wanted it to be' it's a real drag. stay strong!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kavros posted:

Yeah that part where you're game is going well but you're looking at the eight septillion manhours you just know you have to invest to move the game from 'meh' to 'what we wanted it to be' it's a real drag. stay strong!
Uh, dwarfhours, please respect the devs' pronouns.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

slouch posted:

if that turns out to be the case it would be loving beautiful

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Do The Evolution posted:

i'm reasonably sure he's the real laz but that doesnt mean hes working on this game for real

if he isn't tho he'd best get on that super banana nababa cause im jonesin bad

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

slouch posted:

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I actually have suspected that a little myself. I hope it's true.

Do The Evolution posted:

HMS Boromir posted:

i'm reasonably sure he's the real laz but that doesnt mean hes working on this game for real

if he isn't tho he'd best get on that super banana nababa cause im jonesin bad

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

slouch posted:

Gortarius is the loving Tales of Game's wizard you simple minded neopeasant. He could probably donate a billion dollars if he wanted to. It's just money to him, he doesn't care. We don't know how long he will entertain himself with Barkley 2 so just shut up before you piss him off and cause him to focus on something else.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol people told me no, man, THIS is the good 3d Sonic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Compared to the bad 3D Sonic it's amazing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Am I missing something? What's bad in that video (other than the playing)?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Discendo Vox posted:

It contradicts the established EU in several ways, in case that's not blindingly obvious.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Discendo Vox posted:

All sonic the hedgehog games are indescribably terrible.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

If I wanted to play Sonic flavored pinball I'd play the One True Game, Sonic Spinball.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Groovelord Neato posted:

The main game is pretty all right but this was a horrible DLC. They kept the fact that it's just bad Sonic Spinball a complete secret until it hit.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Devour or Fire posted:

All sonic the hedgehog games are indescribably terrible.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

When I saw this gif, it got me hyped about Barkley 2 all over again. Looking forward to the game whenever it comes out!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

avoraciopoctules posted:

When I saw this gif, it got me hyped about Barkley 2 all over again. Looking forward to the game whenever it comes out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6e0abCt1ww

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
sonic o nly dates whites

- dr doug beach md

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Any word on if the Togster's will be at PAX East?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Lord Chumley posted:

Any word on if the Togster's will be at PAX East?

No idea. I'll ask around when the slackers stop their slumber.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

When I saw it at Space World every critical hit was punctuated with a "Boom-shakalaka!", a "Razzle Dazzle!", or a "Can't buy a bucket!".

Please delay the game eight months to institute this, thanks.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Writing a super long dialog and I'm kinda worried it is so overly long that people will start skipping through it after the halfway point. At the same time though, I can't really make it any shorter or I can't include everything I want in it.

I really like some of the longer dialogs in the first game, like the "Tell me about the lines on a bball Charles" and the whole one billion slamdunks throughout the cosmos one. They are really short in comparison though and I feel they are also a lot better in every single way.

This has some really goofy animations here and there (plus possibly the most iconic animation in the entire game?) during it but it goes on for a long time.

Only time will tell if people love it or hate it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously through the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw. I AM THERE.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Any hint of a release date yet? I worry that I might be getting too old and decrepit to handle such a smorgasbord of slams and jams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Gortarius posted:

Only time will tell if people love it or hate it.

I hate it already.

*character alignment shifts to chaotic evil*