Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

Anidav are you going to go Chernobyl on us?

Please?
as above.
For funnies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

Just to fix the bot for my vote.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Harold Krell posted:

Oh, shut up. I pour my heart out and number out a bunch of reasons why anidav can't be mafia, and all you do is post a stupid crypic three word phrase that ultimately means nothing?

At least your user name and avatar are apt because you are a loving BIRD BRAIN! :mad:

Those aren't reasons for why Anidav is mafia though (him being gone would be good regardless), they're reasons why I'm a. bad and b. bad at the game.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Lid posted:

I think you'll have to unvote first

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Lid posted:

it's not working because he's currently just a spectator :ssh:

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

Anidav posted:

I know you love chomping into me but killing me will only make scum two steps ahead of you. If I am the master of bad ideas then trust me when I say killing me right here, right now is the worst day one move you could possibly make.

See also, "ANIDAV MUST MAKE IT TO NIGHT" from the last game.

##vote Anidav

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Seagull posted:

Those aren't reasons for why Anidav is mafia though (him being gone would be good regardless), they're reasons why I'm a. bad and b. bad at the game.

Do you admit that the things I said were true though?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

we can afford to lose one town if you're town anidav. you're worth 2 scum

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
As annoying as anidav may be, if he's town then a d1 turbo-lynch only pulls us closer to the edge. Do you actually think he's scum or do you just not want him to play?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm pretty sure anidav could lose town a game with zero scum

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kommando posted:

real posting not noise.

this italicised bit throws up some alarm.
"resign yourself", this is a statement not by a townie. this is a between gritted teeth threat. "just let the knife into your chest. it is inevitable."
amongst all the noise, mine included, we have MC Eating Disorder telling Anidav that he's going to die. not because it's a good strategy, not because he will be vindicated or for the good of the town, but because he is helpless.

Watching Anidav from a GMs perspective in my game, this is not how he behaved when he was going down and guilty.

You are all poking him to get a reaction, a meltdown for funnies. And it's hard to sift the people doing it for lols and those who are helping the town send an innocent to his death for sinister purposes.

MC Eating Disorder has bared his teeth here.

The sly grin of a villain.

##unvote

##vote MC Eating Disorder

lol ok is this because I accused you of loving with the vote finder to muddy the waters? Thats a lot of effort to go to for a fairly innocuous attempt to point out what I thought was pretty obvious

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Harold Krell posted:

Do you admit that the things I said were true though?

I think 1, 3, and 4 are down to personal preference but I'm only good at "mafia" when I can actually see people so yeah true.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

so far the only two people I have any reason to believe are scum at all are GSC (voted for beet, the strongest town player) and ironic sex tourist (voted for someone for what seemed like absolutely no reason) and even then I'm not nearly sure enough about either of those two to make any kind of an accusation
, and I've got a job interview to go to, since I don't know how long I'm going to be gone for I'm just going to ##vote anidav (sorry dude, its for the good of the town!)

If there's no hammer by the time I get back and ongoing developments I'll consider switching but I'm pretty happy with my decision for now

This is a tactic discussed a lot in scum docs, one of these people will be scum, setting up a bus or misdirected suspicion, to evidence 'I'm a good guy'. But always prefaced with "I don't know for sure" hue hue don't blame me...

Town don't need to cover their tracks with "I'm just an townie in the dark like you." it's a pretty plain and guilty scum tell.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

MC Eating Disorder posted:

so far the only two people I have any reason to believe are scum at all are GSC (voted for beet, the strongest town player) and ironic sex tourist (voted for someone for what seemed like absolutely no reason) and even then I'm not nearly sure enough about either of those two to make any kind of an accusation, and I've got a job interview to go to, since I don't know how long I'm going to be gone for I'm just going to ##vote anidav (sorry dude, its for the good of the town!)

If there's no hammer by the time I get back and ongoing developments I'll consider switching but I'm pretty happy with my decision for now

Beet had it coming. He robo-sassed me.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm sorry I just remembered the rule about editing posts

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

rudatron posted:

As annoying as anidav may be, if he's town then a d1 turbo-lynch only pulls us closer to the edge. Do you actually think he's scum or do you just not want him to play?

Don't turbolynch, prolong it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

bell jar posted:

we can afford to lose one town if you're town anidav. you're worth 2 scum

I will reply to you in saying that worth zero scum.

If you really think I'd try the same trick twice... :smith:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

rudatron posted:

It would save us all a ridiculous amount of otherwise constructive discussion over the course of the game, arguing whether Anidav is town or scum, because when push comes to shove it probably doesn't matter when he does things like he did in the last game (e.g. fake role claim, hinting heavily that it's SO IMPORTANT that he lives because of REASONS).

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

Dead man dancing on the end of a rope

and there's the other "it is inevitable".

MC Eating Disorder and Ironic Sex Tourist.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kommando posted:

This is a tactic discussed a lot in scum docs, one of these people will be scum, setting up a bus or misdirected suspicion, to evidence 'I'm a good guy'. But always prefaced with "I don't know for sure" hue hue don't blame me...

Town don't need to cover their tracks with "I'm just an townie in the dark like you." it's a pretty plain and guilty scum tell.

I don't think its suspicious on day 1 to say "there isn't enough evidence to make a damning accusation" but whatever, you go ahead and keep posting

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
http://votefinder.org/game/auspol-10

Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (11): SKY COQ, Those On My Left, Splode, Avshalom, Plotterboy, Plotterboy, bell jar, Gough Suppressant, Kommando, Fruity Gordo, Kommando, Kommando, Mithranderp, Kommando, Lid, MC Eating Disorder, Lid, Lid, Small Keating
Mithranderp (1): Kommando, Kommando, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando
MC Eating Disorder (1): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Matthew Beet (1): GoldStandardConure, Kommando, Kommando
Milky Moor (1): Seagull, Kommando, Kommando
Seagull (1): Plotterboy, Kommando, Kommando
Kommando (1): Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Those On My Left (0): Kommando, Kommando
Small Keating (0): Kommando, Kommando
Splode (0): Kommando, Kommando
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando
black_tangled (0): Small Keating, Kommando, Kommando, Small Keating
Harold Krell (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando
Avshalom (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Tommofork (0): Kommando, Kommando
Lid (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
GoldStandardConure (0): Kommando, Kommando
SKY COQ (0): Kommando, Kommando
Tirade (0): Kommando, Kommando
webmeister (0): Kommando, Kommando
bell jar (0): Kommando, Kommando
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando
Plotterboy (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Gough Suppressant (0): Kommando, Kommando
thatbastardken (0): Kommando, Kommando
Fruity Gordo (0): Lid, Kommando, Kommando, Lid

Not Voting (9): Anidav, black_tangled, Harold Krell, Milky Moor, rudatron, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork, webmeister

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 47 minutes.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Mithranderp posted:

It would save us all a ridiculous amount of otherwise constructive discussion over the course of the game, arguing whether Anidav is town or scum, because when push comes to shove it probably doesn't matter when he does things like he did in the last game (e.g. fake role claim, hinting heavily that it's SO IMPORTANT that he lives because of REASONS).
But that also makes him an easy target to push for a lynch as scum (if anidav is town): you hide your motivations to win behind character accusations.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I definitely feel comfortable accusing kommando of being scum after he

a) spammed up the thread AND the votefinder

AND

b) zeroed in on me for what I think is a weak reason, but that's not really surprising and there's STILL not really enough evidence in my mind to vote based on anything other than gut instincts because its day 1 and anidav is just a good scapegoat for a huge game that really needs to get a quick lynch off to get some bearings

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Anidav posted:

I will reply to you in saying that worth zero scum.

If you really think I'd try the same trick twice... :smith:

Oh snap you just broke your deal with bj

anime dave how does it feel to know that you're going to be voted out d1 of every Maria game for ever and ever ad infinitum for all eternity

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
11/14 is a lot so just be careful cos were three votes away from a hammer and just under seven hours out from the end of the day

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Have patience, Autobots.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
4 votes to get rid of Anidav. Think of the energon we could harvest from his scrap.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SKY COQ posted:

4 votes to get rid of Anidav. Think of the energon we could harvest from his scrap.

Literal decepticon think here.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lid posted:

No it's like renewable energy.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
might ##unvote und revote anidav again in a couple of hours but I don't wanna start an avalanche of unvotes that then lose us a lynch lol

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Harold Krell posted:

Were you laughing at my bird pun or something else?

Your bird joke was poo poo :colbert:

Birds are smarter than you.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
with 27 alive it's still 14 votes to lynch fyi

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Fruity Gordo posted:

might ##unvote und revote anidav again in a couple of hours but I don't wanna start an avalanche of unvotes that then lose us a lynch lol

honestly I don't see what is wrong with rushing to lynch today. there's been a lot of chatter, but it's been pretty unhelpful. there's a loving shitload of people, good transformers jokes to be made, but not really much that's worth reading too much into. if the day ended right now I honestly don't think we'd be in a worse position for D2 than if the day ended at 9pm

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
If anidav is town, scum can vote for him and hide behind the bandwagon
If he's scum, scum can vote for him and be somewhat immune from suspicion for at least a little while. This happened in the game before last, where scum voted out scumidav to "prove" their innocence.

scum if you do, scum if you don't.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Unfortunately, if we cannot find a supply of energon on this planet, this may be what we are forced to do in order to survive.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This backwards planet won't have energon, their vehicles don't even change shape. What's the point even having one?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Those On My Left posted:

honestly I don't see what is wrong with rushing to lynch today. there's been a lot of chatter, but it's been pretty unhelpful. there's a loving shitload of people, good transformers jokes to be made, but not really much that's worth reading too much into. if the day ended right now I honestly don't think we'd be in a worse position for D2 than if the day ended at 9pm

idk the only ones who really benefit from the thread closing early are scum since it gives them fewer opportunities to step on a rake, doesn't do much harm to town keeping it open for fresh shitposting, especially if the lynch seems to be a foregone conclusion which it might be here

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

rudatron posted:

This backwards planet won't have energon, their vehicles don't even change shape. What's the point even having one?

All the same, we must protect them from the Decepticons.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Fruity Gordo posted:

idk the only ones who really benefit from the thread closing early are scum since it gives them fewer opportunities to step on a rake, doesn't do much harm to town keeping it open for fresh shitposting, especially if the lynch seems to be a foregone conclusion which it might be here

i'll be super impressed if anyone can spot a scum stepping on a rake today. i mean i see your point and generally i think you're absolutely right but holy poo poo is posting overload in here today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

Unfortunately, if we cannot find a supply of energon on this planet, this may be what we are forced to do in order to survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSKoSxFpi8

• Locked thread