Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Small Keating posted:

I actually agree with Kommando here. Cheeky attempt by Coq to increase the bandwagon's momentum.

##unvote

##vote Sky Coq

It was a joke. I've posted my reasons for wanting to continue the momentum above - worried about complacency getting us a no-lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

no you need to have 14 votes for a lynch at the end of the day. where did people get this dumb idea that you can lynch without a majority jfc

gotta put my vote back now lol ##vote anidav

Asphyxious posted:

Days are 12 hours long. From 9am to 9pm.
Day 1 will start once we've got enough people and I've got my poo poo together.
At the end of the day, if someone has a majority of ##votes as in the default setting, they will be scrapped.

This is what led me to think that.

italicised part has been added later by Phyx.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Splode posted:

your fates are sealed together at this point. if you flip town, Kommando is scum (and vice vercae).

Not necessarily. Beet and I (and Anidav I guess) certainly proved that wrong in just the last game. This is a bad assumption to make.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

SKY COQ posted:

It was a joke. I've posted my reasons for wanting to continue the momentum above - worried about complacency getting us a no-lynch.

Yeah It's such a weak argument that it really draws negative attention to Small Keating.

I originally suspected Kommando was scum, but instead I think he's just trying to stir poo poo up, as he has less of a stake in the game. This should actually be a pretty useful thing for us, we have a suicidal inquisitor who might provoke some interesting reactions.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Bifauxnen posted:

Not necessarily. Beet and I (and Anidav I guess) certainly proved that wrong in just the last game. This is a bad assumption to make.

Yeah, sometimes it can just be like four confused townies just duking it out.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

GoldStandardConure posted:

We can't put Anime Dave in the transformers compactor just yet, he hasn't wigged the gently caress out yet.

whatchoo mean 'we' bub? youre still voting for beet

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, you're right. To be fair, that was my assumption reading page 10, but I prefer TOML's theory that Kommando is some sort of rogue operator. Doesn't explain his weird fixation on MC being scum though.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

Yeah, sometimes it can just be like four confused townies just duking it out.

haha don't I know it :sweatdrop:

Fruity Gordo posted:

Nice pick!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

i was thinking about this earlier and basically came to the same conclusion. you can't add in a townie who is gonna get modkilled later in the game without disadvantaging the town and i reckon gaspy would have considered that

and yeah, kommando is pinging my scumdar p hard and this is precisely why it's good to keep the thread open

having said all that, i only vaguely suspect kommando is scummy, whereas i am absolutely convinced that anidav is a liability, so i aint gonna change my vote

Gaspy has not run a game before and asked for my advise. Dont assume he knows what he is doing or that this game is in any way balanced.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

no d1 lynch is a gift to scum

vote d1 lynch to empower yourselves

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

also anidav is bad

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
If there is some rogue Autobot in our midst, it is possible that they are working for the Quintessons or - and I hope to Primus that this is not the case - Unicron himself.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Fruity Gordo posted:

This isn't exactly watertight I mean my vote's still up for milkman when I've been going hard at Anidav.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Fruity Gordo posted:

AND I'LL KEEP VOTING FOR BEET TILL HE APPOLOGIZES FOR HIS ROBO-SASS

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Seagull posted:

This isn't exactly watertight I mean my vote's still up for milkman when I've been going hard at Anidav.

No, but it's something. Especially as beet is well known as being one of the stronger players, and a scum magnet as a result.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

SKY COQ posted:

i will punch myself in the face if my being circumspect and posting CAREFUL NOW fucks up the momentum to the point that we dont get a lynch

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Fruity Gordo posted:

toml did the same thing but with more words fwiw

TOML is an alternate version of me that finished law school and knows more words.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Fruity Gordo posted:

i was thinking about this earlier and basically came to the same conclusion. you can't add in a townie who is gonna get modkilled later in the game without disadvantaging the town

this is an outright lie

if you have 26 players, then add one vanilla town, then subtract him four days later, there is no net change in the game other than an additional one vote required for lynch for a few days

also re all this theorycrafting, im strongly reminded of Mill's caution against white noise empty speculation being a sure tell for scum

white noise posting a la belljar and beets is part of ausPOO. Fruity's kind of nonsense talk that makes her sound engaged but actually offers nothing is verryyyy suspicious though

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

i will punch myself in the face if my being circumspect and posting CAREFUL NOW fucks up the momentum to the point that we dont get a lynch

Auspol mafia is not and has never been about being careful.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Seagull posted:

yeah true, it's not a huge amount to go on. im sort of slinging poo poo around to see where it sticks which may or may not be helpful heh

i do not want to write my essays :negative:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Hidden in the middle of a bunch of poo poo is an outright lie, see you later dude

Its a pretty scum call to label misinterpretation with lying.

Made only more rich coming from you.

I've made my case, keep tredding on that rake.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Actually.

Asphyxious, please clarify what you mean by the lynching rules.

Is it Majority or Plurality as described earlier?

Majority with hammer, or Plurality with hammer?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SKY COQ posted:

So the options you are trying are Anidav or no lynch? Because it is entirely paranoid to go "if we don't lynch Anidav with all this bandwagon momentum NO ONE WILL DIE!"

##vote SKY COQ

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Kommando posted:

Gaspy has not run a game before and asked for my advise. Dont assume he knows what he is doing or that this game is in any way balanced.

wait so how much did you know about the mechanics of this game before you were added in?!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

So the options you are trying are Anidav or no lynch? Because it is entirely paranoid to go "if we don't lynch Anidav with all this bandwagon momentum NO ONE WILL DIE!"

##vote SKY COQ

Oh for gently caress's sake

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Fruity Gordo posted:

coq/fruity tag team scum double act

fruity 'cautiously' retracts her vote from anidav

this gives all the other anidav scum buddies - coq and everyone else - an excuse to also retract theirs

fruity then expresses guilt and penitence to avoid suspicion but OH LOOK anidav escapes a lynch anyway!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hey GM, IST is still Spectator and Lid's vote has mysteriously disappeared from existence.

http://votefinder.org/game/auspol-10#votecount

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

coq/fruity tag team scum double act

fruity 'cautiously' retracts her vote from anidav

this gives all the other anidav scum buddies - coq and everyone else - an excuse to also retract theirs

fruity then expresses guilt and penitence to avoid suspicion but OH LOOK anidav escapes a lynch anyway!

I started the vote for him and haven't retracted it.

This is all very interesting. Suss on Kommando, SK, and now you.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

who is scum and who is town is not important right now. what is important is that anidav is bad. he is bad and should be voted out.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

Actually.

Asphyxious, please clarify what you mean by the lynching rules.

Is it Majority or Plurality as described earlier?

Majority with hammer, or Plurality with hammer?

"plurality with hammer" doesn't make any sense

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
:dong:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

wait so how much did you know about the mechanics of this game before you were added in?!

Nothing about the setup, other than it was Transfomers themed.

I bookmarked the thread and read the OP, but otherwise avoided the game until this morning as i was going o/s and couldnt dedicate time to it.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

bell jar posted:

who is scum and who is town is not important right now. what is important is that anidav is bad. he is bad and should be voted out.
what are you talking about? It's always important, I for one want town to actually win.

Everyday should have a lynch, but the lynch has to be the person with the highest chance of being scum. And frankly, you're looking a little suspect.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

same

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

rudatron posted:

what are you talking about? It's always important, I for one want town to actually win.

Everyday should have a lynch, but the lynch has to be the person with the highest chance of being scum. And frankly, you're looking a little suspect.

Then vote Anidav. You'll regret it later if you don't!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

"plurality with hammer" doesn't make any sense

Phyx is not a seasoned GM, and can play it however he likes. Plurality with Hammer makes fine sense.
When the game is indecisive the day ends and *someone* gets killed. However if they are decisive, they can crush someone at a time of their choosing.

SKY COQ posted:

I started the vote for him and haven't retracted it.

This is all very interesting. Suss on Kommando, SK, and now you.

MC Eating Disorder, IST, Coq.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Not being able to get enough votes for a hammer, and not lynching as a result, is how mafia works. If you change that everything goes out the window.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Bloody hell, back to back meetings and so many posts to read :smithicide:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Kommando PM gaspy yourself to get him to clarify it either to you or the thread, posting here only wastes space. I'm fairly confident that you're wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

rudatron posted:

nope, my strategy is consistent and obvious, i don't care about this game, i care about having fun and enjoying myself, and running a meaningless anti anidav campaign based on nothing is fun as hell

• Locked thread