Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

bell jar posted:

nope, my strategy is consistent and obvious, i don't care about this game, i care about having fun and enjoying myself, and running a meaningless anti anidav campaign based on nothing is fun as hell

We can turbo lynch milky next and the in-character posting menace will be gone forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

bell jar posted:

nope, my strategy is consistent and obvious, i don't care about this game, i care about having fun and enjoying myself, and running a meaningless anti anidav campaign based on nothing is fun as hell
it seems to be based on pretty solid facts to me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

Fruity, how did you get Goughs login?

I've been in meetings since lunch and am now catching up but Holy poo poo I though that said loins!

:cry:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Matthew Beet posted:

I've been in meetings since lunch and am now catching up but Holy poo poo I though that said loins!

:cry:

car boot sale

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

Phyx is not a seasoned GM, and can play it however he likes. Plurality with Hammer makes fine sense.
When the game is indecisive the day ends and *someone* gets killed. However if they are decisive, they can crush someone at a time of their choosing.

if nothing happens until the day ends that's not a loving hammer is it

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Splode posted:

We can turbo lynch milky next and the in-character posting menace will be gone forever

Someone needs their mental circuits defragged!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

rudatron posted:

Kommando PM gaspy yourself to get him to clarify it either to you or the thread, posting here only wastes space. I'm fairly confident that you're wrong though.

I suspect I'm wrong too now splodge and others have spoken about it, but I tried to be clear and unambiguous in my game, hence the Innocent (which people argued the validity of) and the "no millers" part (which seems to have continued.)

however majority with hammer only makes sense in the fact that the town can fail to lynch someone. By definition majority will cause a hammer before the deadline.

my point about not rushing votes stands, I'm not keen on hammers in the early part of the game.

and I still believe MC Eating Disorder has revealed himself.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

bell jar posted:

who is scum and who is town is not important right now. what is important is that anidav is bad. he is bad and should be voted out.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

day 3 lynch of milky is looking better and better.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

this game is hard

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tommofork posted:

day 3 lynch of milky is looking better and better.

Prime wouldn't approve of you targeting his best inventor!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

if nothing happens until the day ends that's not a loving hammer is it

I'm talking about generalised game set up terms. plurality with optional hammer with set daytime.
you can have night less games.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Splode posted:

this game is hard
it's only hard because people are refusing to do what's right, much like my cock

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&userid=202078

Behold the epic of replying a lot and saying nothing at all.

##vote Splode

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&userid=202078

Behold the epic of replying a lot and saying nothing at all.

##vote Splode

Ok my theories are bad, but they're not "nothing at all", gosh

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

as for having cool robot powers.

maybe I do :science:

maybe I don't :eng99:

i have Small Keating a complex role for showing up late.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

have =gave

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Ugh, loving work sucks. I'm gunna be a bit time-limited this afternoon, but I don't think there's anything solid enough to go on for a good lynch. Which tbh makes Anime David as good a target as any.

If he's scum, good. If he's not scum, he's at least stopped from sabotaging our chances again.

##vote Anidav

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Splode posted:

Ok my theories are bad, but they're not "nothing at all", gosh

Your theories so far have been "vote Anidav" and "I don't think Kommando is scum (in essence)". Neither of these qualify as one is just lol anidav and the other is "here's my strongly held view about why a poster isn't scum but is acting scummy" which only serves to be a long winded way of saying "I think they're town". It's scummy behaviour as you are posting a lot but absolutely not saying anything of merit of your own, and even your Kommando was just you agreeing with someone else.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

bell jar posted:

very helpful

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Your theories so far have been "vote Anidav" and "I don't think Kommando is scum (in essence)". Neither of these qualify as one is just lol anidav and the other is "here's my strongly held view about why a poster isn't scum but is acting scummy" which only serves to be a long winded way of saying "I think they're town". It's scummy behaviour as you are posting a lot but absolutely not saying anything of merit of your own, and even your Kommando was just you agreeing with someone else.

Actually, I said Kommando WAS acting scummy, but his whole "I'm off Saturday, so I don't care" thing means it probably isn't relevant. You also missed me pointing fingers at Small Keating, for agreeing with Kommando's garbage arguments. You're just still mad about irc.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It just seems unfair to me to turbo-lynch someone for what they done last game. The other mafia game ended, it's over, let it go.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Splode posted:

Actually, I said Kommando WAS acting scummy, but his whole "I'm off Saturday, so I don't care" thing means it probably isn't relevant. You also missed me pointing fingers at Small Keating, for agreeing with Kommando's garbage arguments. You're just still mad about irc.

:jerkbag:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

rudatron posted:

It just seems unfair to me to turbo-lynch someone for what they done last game. The other mafia game ended, it's over, let it go.

its over his posts this game hth

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

yep lol

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

bell jar posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Kid if i wanted to include things from outside the fame i would have. I'm voting you because you're scummy and when confronted are not defensive as much as being someone revelling in drama. Its a game bro, learn to take a vote as perhaps about your posting and not a personal affront.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

bell jar posted:

its over his posts hth

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

webmeister posted:

Ugh, loving work sucks. I'm gunna be a bit time-limited this afternoon, but I don't think there's anything solid enough to go on for a good lynch. Which tbh makes Anime David as good a target as any.

If he's scum, good. If he's not scum, he's at least stopped from sabotaging our chances again.

##vote Anidav

Also this is useless.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay I've caught up on the three. gently caress you're all noisy today. Well I guess there are more of us.

So anyhow MC Eating Disorder / Kommando chat was interesting, made me realise MC Eat broke one of my townie rules, he came out calling me a strong town . player. Is he trying to appeal to my good side so I think good of him? A classic scum tactic.

Kommando has done everything to ignore voting for Anidav. I think so has rudatron, but don't quote me on the last one just yet I'm phone posting and can't access my spreadshit.

So a few interesting conversation a for us to review tomorrow.

##vote anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Is lid legit trying to stop a vote on Anidav?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

rudatron posted:

No, but you can learn from the meta game. Posting behaviours, tells and inconsistent arguments. Many people are poo poo at keeping secrets and will drop hints, quite often on day one when it's mostly noise and noone is watching as they're waiting for investigating roles.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Kid if i wanted to include things from outside the fame i would have. I'm voting you because you're scummy and when confronted are not defensive as much as being someone revelling in drama. Its a game bro, learn to take a vote as perhaps about your posting and not a personal affront.

:ironicat:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Matthew Beet posted:

That's my take. It's picked up this afternoon as well, almost as if it took someone a while to set up a scumdoc and coordinate posting strategies.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also my original vote for Kommando lines up with toml and fruity comments about him being given a special role because he was added last. But I'm not sure about that anymore.

:shrug:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

bell jar posted:

Beet won me over with his "don't not lynch day 1" argument so I'll vote Anidav later tonight unless there's a massive swing to someone else. But there's no good reason to drop the hammer early - the three or four turbo lynches last game (all of which hit townies) played into the hands of the scum every time.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Okay I've caught up on the three. gently caress you're all noisy today. Well I guess there are more of us.

So anyhow MC Eating Disorder / Kommando chat was interesting, made me realise MC Eat broke one of my townie rules, he came out calling me a strong town . player. Is he trying to appeal to my good side so I think good of him? A classic scum tactic.

Kommando has done everything to ignore voting for Anidav. I think so has rudatron, but don't quote me on the last one just yet I'm phone posting and can't access my spreadshit.

So a few interesting conversation a for us to review tomorrow.

##vote anidav

What do you have to say about my findings and reasoning about MC Eating Disorder and Ironic Sex Tourist

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

What do you have to say about my findings and reasoning about MC Eating Disorder and Ironic Sex Tourist

I don't actually have anything to contribute but can I just say that out of context this is a truly beautiful post, someone should put it in their sig

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

If we must extinguish the Spark of one of our companions to ensure that they are not a Decepticon, then we need to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm legit looking elsewhere because I have learned two things from mafia games:

1. When a player on day one has zero friends and everyone is happy to lynch them then something is amiss. No lynch should ever have everyone happy unless it's a confirmed scum. This is why I am focussing on those who are saying "vote Anidav" and then continuing to post but not saying of anything of merit.

2. When players are citing "it's either this player or no lynch" in a game where we know there are going to be multiple scum then they have not done any looking at all for compatriots of that player as they can't associate any player with that one. No lynching is a threat, not a warning, and is cited by those who want to make sure that their choice dies and to stifle debate.

I'm not trying to stop Anidav being killed, he can be killed and it will give information (though whether or not its helpful will be entirely random as there is no justification in doing it), but there are others around here who are showing more signs of being scum than just a person being a bad poster.

Fake edit: I tried to post this and the thread got locked at the same time. No idea what the hell was going on.

• Locked thread