Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Oh hey guys, I just woke up, what's--:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think he means the Mafia theory thread in TG. :ghost:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

haha yes, i did. i felt from the start that anidav was going to be a liability, and when he role-claimed i thought there was no way in hell he wasn't lying again. i made a rash decision based on personal feelings and it ended up potentially damaging town's cause a lot, although not as much as toml's assassination, the pinpoint accuracy of which continues to amaze me

When did Anidav role claim?

I don't think i missed it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh gently caress sorry, I thought this was gbs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TithOUT

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Kommando posted:

He didn't so much claim as he hinted strongly that he had a role.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

You are right, there will be power roles.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

He didn't actually.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Avshalom posted:

we all learnt an important lesson, and maybe next time anidav will last more than a day

After the reaction this time?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote Avshalom

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

he didn't stand up and say "hello i'm a cop" but he pulled the same "there'll be terrible consequences for town if i die!" stuff that he was doing at the end of last game, when he turned out to be a vanilla player.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm slightly less suss of bif now than i was yesterday. obviously if anidav had flipped scum then she would have been in hot water, but now that i'm not automatically looking at her as trying to complicate things her arguments make a lot more sense than they did. she voted early for harold, but i'm not sure if that was a joke or not. i don't think there was anyone else stalling the lynch quite as aggressively as bifauxnen was.

i'm feeling like i've probably hosed myself over by putting a town cop up against the wall, so with my potential last breath i'll say "i believe in bif"

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think pushing the vote anidav makes you suspicious, it's not possible that scum could know he was a cop. What's more suspicious was trying to end the day fast. Both you and Fruity did exactly that, and I'd like to know why.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

haha yes, i did. i felt from the start that anidav was going to be a liability, and when he role-claimed i thought there was no way in hell he wasn't lying again. i made a rash decision based on personal feelings and it ended up potentially damaging town's cause a lot, although not as much as toml's assassination, the pinpoint accuracy of which continues to amaze me

Matthew Beet posted:

He didn't actually.

Mithranderp posted:

He didn't so much claim as he hinted strongly that he had a role.

Avshalom, care to explain this discrepancy?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

Avshalom, care to explain this discrepancy?

Avshalom posted:

he didn't stand up and say "hello i'm a cop" but he pulled the same "there'll be terrible consequences for town if i die!" stuff that he was doing at the end of last game, when he turned out to be a vanilla player.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ZjoinRtfg

For anyone who wants to have a glimpse at their fallen comrades.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
as soon as the game started he posted,

Anidav posted:

So is Starscream a autobot or a deceptacon? Isn't he both? Which timeline are we following?

which kind of implied that he was starscream, who'd obviously have a role. and,

Anidav posted:

I know you love chomping into me but killing me will only make scum two steps ahead of you. If I am the master of bad ideas then trust me when I say killing me right here, right now is the worst day one move you could possibly make.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Literally dismissed that out of hand as Anidav postin', didn't even remember he'd hinted at roles.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I am suss on the quiet players. 'shut up and let them eat each other' worked beautifully for scum last game. Phone posting currently, give me a few minutes and I'll have acloser look at the low post count players.

Rudatron just pointed out that fruity sped up the anidav lynch, and tirade came in earlier than planned to get in his vote. Both of these players have very low post counts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommofork posted:

Literally dismissed that out of hand as Anidav postin', didn't even remember he'd hinted at roles.

Me picking on him about starscream was a joke and the second is Anidav Anidaving.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
To clarify, just after we all went 'ok hold off voting for anidav until bif gets home etc" tirade charged in with either the hammer or the vote before the hammer, and provided no other information with his vote, killing our debate mid sentence. Suss imo.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Matthew Beet posted:

Me picking on him about starscream was a joke and the second is Anidav Anidaving.

Nah, I took it as a mild role claim as well. Which was backed up by him having a very important role.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

rudatron posted:

I don't think pushing the vote anidav makes you suspicious, it's not possible that scum could know he was a cop. What's more suspicious was trying to end the day fast. Both you and Fruity did exactly that, and I'd like to know why.

Actually, Fruity seemed to be doing the same thing I was, putting her vote down but pulling it aside once when it looked like the count was climbing too high.

Avshalom posted:

i'm slightly less suss of bif now than i was yesterday. obviously if anidav had flipped scum then she would have been in hot water, but now that i'm not automatically looking at her as trying to complicate things her arguments make a lot more sense than they did. she voted early for harold, but i'm not sure if that was a joke or not. i don't think there was anyone else stalling the lynch quite as aggressively as bifauxnen was.

i'm feeling like i've probably hosed myself over by putting a town cop up against the wall, so with my potential last breath i'll say "i believe in bif"

NEVER SAY THAT THAT IS THE MOST SUSS THING EVER

##vote avshalom

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my breasts whisper

bifauxnen

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Avshalom posted:

my breasts whisper

bifauxnen

See, this is why no one can take you seriously.

##vote Bifauxnen

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
there's nothing frivolous about my wanton, untamed sexuality

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

as soon as the game started he posted,

which kind of implied that he was starscream, who'd obviously have a role. and,

Either you didnt get a role PM, or you got a different style to mine since mine made it pretty unambiguously clear which side you were on.

"You are a HEROIC AUTOBOT

(Town Aligned x)"

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

my breasts whisper

bifauxnen

This must be some sort of anime in-joke.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Hey GSC & thatbastardken,

I'd like to hear an opinion from you both on someone being scum/not scum please.

Also GSC I get that you're on the other side of the planet (WA) so there's a delay.

Harold Krell posted:

See, this is why no one can take you seriously.

##vote Bifauxnen

Please provide a better reason for this vote TIA.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Kommando posted:

This must be some sort of anime in-joke.

Nope, that's just avshalom avshalomin'.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For my new strategy on Harold I think I'm just going to try and pretend he doesn't exist.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Tommofork posted:

Please provide a better reason for this vote TIA.

Sexual vulgarity. Oh, and having a really bad attitude about the game.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Harold Krell posted:

Sexual vulgarity. Oh, and having a really bad attitude about the game.
um

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
that wasn't bifauxnen being vulgar, it was me being vulgar toward her

:wink:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

For my new strategy on Harold I think I'm just going to try and pretend he doesn't exist.

I like to think Harold is cartoons alt.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

You quoted Avshalom and voted Bif, did you make a mistake there?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Matthew Beet posted:

I like to think Harold is cartoons alt.

Cartoon's good twin.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommofork posted:

You quoted Avshalom and voted Bif, did you make a mistake there?

Classic Howard.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i still think the second quote of anidav's, at least, was a mild role-claim. my mistake wasn't in assuming he was role-claiming, it was assuming that he was doing so facetiously. i need to learn not to presume things about other players based on past behaviour. (please remember this is actually my first game, and i jumped straight into this one just as i finished bingeing the archives for the other one, so anidav's... whatever it was, was still fresh in my mind.)

i'll justify voting anidav out until i'm blue in the face, but if anyone wants to lynch me for being just too goddamn sexy, then, well, guilty as charged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Splode posted:

I am suss on the quiet players. 'shut up and let them eat each other' worked beautifully for scum last game. Phone posting currently, give me a few minutes and I'll have acloser look at the low post count players.

Rudatron just pointed out that fruity sped up the anidav lynch, and tirade came in earlier than planned to get in his vote. Both of these players have very low post counts.

mondo incorrecto, I was the first one to unvote yesterday to try to slow the momentum down. and I don't have a low post count, I have a middling one maybe and I explained that yesterday. I think it's cos I haven't played a game in a while that people forget that I don't ever really have anything particularly clever to say on the first couple of days

• Locked thread