Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Tommofork posted:

You quoted Avshalom and voted Bif, did you make a mistake there?

Oops, I guess I did! :shobon:

##unvote
##vote Tommofork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tommofork posted:

Hey GSC & thatbastardken,

I'd like to hear an opinion from you both on someone being scum/not scum please.

Also GSC I get that you're on the other side of the planet (WA) so there's a delay.

Please provide a better reason for this vote TIA.

I'll have a good read through the thread over lunch, as trying to read 30 odd pages on my phone is a bit daunting, and I'll get back to you.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
harold is my spirit animal

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

harold is my spirit animal

Some retarded rat-thing?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

Some retarded rat-thing?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

GoldStandardConure posted:

I'll have a good read through the thread over lunch, as trying to read 30 odd pages on my phone is a bit daunting, and I'll get back to you.

Cool beans.

Harold Krell posted:

Oops, I guess I did! :shobon:

##unvote
##vote Tommofork

Hahaha... ah Harold. :allears:

Bifauxnen posted:

For my new strategy on Harold I think I'm just going to try and pretend he doesn't exist.

I think this is for the best to be honest, otherwise we're gonna derail.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
loving work getting in the way of mafia :mad:

What a poo poo start for us. Totally missed that Anidav was subtly role-claiming yesterday, though he did the exact same thing in the previous game so it's not surprising everyone missed it. How the gently caress did scum get the other cop though - I've only skimmed through but I don't see anything even vaguely resembling role-claiming in his posts from yesterday :psyduck:

He didn't even throw out any serious accusations either, so we don't get any data from that. Back to square one :smith:

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
lid was trying wayyyyyy too hard to look like he was scum hunting yesterday

and shifted his vote from target to target to target, whenever it seemed like his bandwagon attempt wasn't going to get any traction

Plus when put under the slightest bit of pressure he wigged out and got all defensive and abusive

LID what do you have to say for yourself?

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
honestly id ont know if scum would bring attention upon themselves by doing something like this

Kommando posted:

well thats convincing

But just to cover my bases so people dont think im a weathervane.

##unvote
##vote Avshalom
##unvote
##vote bell jar
##unvote
##vote Bifauxnen
##unvote
##vote black_tangled
##unvote
##vote Fruity Gordo
##unvote
##vote GoldStandardConure
##unvote
##vote Gough Suppressant
##unvote
##vote Harold Krell
##unvote
Kommando Lol, dont vote for yourself, thats silly
##vote Lid
##unvote
##vote Matthew Beet
##unvote
##vote MC Eating Disorder
##unvote
##vote Milky Moor
##unvote
##vote Mithranderp
##unvote
##vote Plotterboy
##unvote
##vote rudatron
##unvote
##vote Seagull
##unvote
##vote SKY COQ
##unvote
##vote Small Keating
##unvote
##vote Splode
##unvote
##vote thatbastardken
##unvote
##vote Those On My Left
##unvote
##vote Tirade
##unvote
##vote Tommofork
##unvote
##vote webmeister
##unvote
##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

##unvote

##vote Anidav

/me hits Votecounter in the votes, doing 9999 damage.
*votecounter dies*

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Isn't kommando leaving the game on Saturday so probably isn't super concerned by long term survival?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

webmeister posted:

loving work getting in the way of mafia :mad:

What a poo poo start for us. Totally missed that Anidav was subtly role-claiming yesterday, though he did the exact same thing in the previous game so it's not surprising everyone missed it. How the gently caress did scum get the other cop though - I've only skimmed through but I don't see anything even vaguely resembling role-claiming in his posts from yesterday :psyduck:

He didn't even throw out any serious accusations either, so we don't get any data from that. Back to square one :smith:

Yup, better start getting caught up, I don't remember seeing you post pretty much anything yet

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Gough Suppressant posted:

Isn't kommando leaving the game on Saturday so probably isn't super concerned by long term survival?

Yep, he wasn't even supposed to be in it, gaspy press-ganged him :laffo:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
In terms of scum I'm super suss on Harold - his vote jumps around a lot and his attitude screams white noise. I thought that last thread as well and I was wrong then so :shrug:

In terms of not scum I kind of think Avshalom is getting railroaded a bit for being eager to lynch Anidav, like the rest of the thread was somehow not baying for his energon laced blood just as loudly.

This thread has moved too quickly for me to be fully on top of it though.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
##unvote
##vote thatbastardken

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

thatbastardken posted:

In terms of scum I'm super suss on Harold - his vote jumps around a lot and his attitude screams white noise. I thought that last thread as well and I was wrong then so :shrug:

In terms of not scum I kind of think Avshalom is getting railroaded a bit for being eager to lynch Anidav, like the rest of the thread was somehow not baying for his energon laced blood just as loudly.

nah avs is flakey as hell, her reasoning keeps shifting arond and she knows more about mafia than any first-timer who's not being coached should know

the only reason im not voting her yet is bc its her first game and i like her and want her to have fun

by the way, why aren't we voting for small keating? someone who checks in ONCE A DAY is usless at best, and detrimental to town at worst if they make us miss a lynch because of numbers.....?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

9pm Saturday
:suicide:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

by the way, why aren't we voting for small keating? someone who checks in ONCE A DAY is usless at best, and detrimental to town at worst if they make us miss a lynch because of numbers.....?

I was, till Avs posted some more and started looking more suss again. And Beet decided to vote her too. I don't want to actually fight over who's better to lynch if they're all on my suss list anyway. If we get some more interested parties coming in for SK again count me in.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

To clarify I have voted her because of her down playing her role yesterday and the follow up explanation. Post vote justification would be the siding with Bifauxnen and the role claim comment that I wouldn't call a role claim.

That said it's isn't my strongest vote ever on someone and between now, where I'm phone posting in a boring meeting and later when I'm home two things could happen: someone comes out with a better case on someone else or I get time at home to review some of the other posters that are on my radar.

We've got to 10am tonight, no need to rush.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

To clarify I have voted her because of her down playing her role yesterday and the follow up explanation. Post vote justification would be the siding with Bifauxnen and the role claim comment that I wouldn't call a role claim.

That said it's isn't my strongest vote ever on someone and between now, where I'm phone posting in a boring meeting and later when I'm home two things could happen: someone comes out with a better case on someone else or I get time at home to review some of the other posters that are on my radar.

We've got to 10am tonight, no need to rush.

Very helpful.

very good poker face.

more than Beets the eye here.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
belljar, webmeister and Small Keating, I'd like to hear your opinions on who you think is suspicious and why, or conversely, who you strongly think is town, and why.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Someone(preferably not me because I'm phoneposting all day) should go back through TOMLs posts yesterday since he is usually a pretty smart player. Day one hunches don't mean a lot but they could lead to something if we have not much else to go on.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

thatbastardken posted:

Thanks ken. Probably better to ignore Harold until he reveals himself as a mastermind that's been playing us the whole time.

I haven't got a case against anyone, and I don't like lurkers, so I'd vote keating because and he's a bit more suss to me than black_tangled who's also busy. I'd vote keating over Avs because a) I don't think she's that suss and b) at least she's posting stuff that could be used to trap and hang her later if she is scum.

But really I'm just biased and would like to see avs mafia it up some more.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Someone(preferably not me because I'm phoneposting all day) should go back through TOMLs posts yesterday since he is usually a pretty smart player. Day one hunches don't mean a lot but they could lead to something if we have not much else to go on.

TOML would not have had a chance to investigate anyone, and someone already posted relevant quotes from him a page or two ago. Mithranderp iirc.

look for people talking about TOML. But in my experience, scum don't always hit people they argue with during the day. Vindictiveness makes links.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i'm on arvo shifts this week so sorry for not morningposting

out of everyone i think kommando is the most suss. i don't have anyone on my ~annoying poster~ radar to jokevote so here you go:

##vote kommando

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bell jar posted:

out of everyone i think kommando is the most suss. i don't have anyone on my ~annoying poster~ radar to jokevote so here you go:

##vote kommando

Haha. Look at this scrub.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey, guess what, I already did. Requoting the quotes I quoted is gonna be a pain though, just follow the link to my post about it here, and you can see them in their full glory:

Bifauxnen posted:

TOML was indeed pretty quiet. Maybe the scum just thought he was being too quiet, for him. Most of his posts were just "whatever, lynch Anidav", or discussing the D1 ambiguities over votefinder and stuff. But there were these 3:

Unlike most of the quiet posters, he did have a couple barbs hidden in there. Is it either Kommando or MEC, thinking that they could take out someone onto them without it looking too suss, as others were way more up in their face? Or thinking it set up their opponent as looking more suss? Or is it neither of them, just scum trying to set up the "it HAS to be one of them" theory? (that sounds more like Splode)

Oh, but when you look over the stuff about MC Eating Disorder, don't forget to factor in that he's dead now in case you missed it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

rudatron posted:

belljar, webmeister and Small Keating, I'd like to hear your opinions on who you think is suspicious and why, or conversely, who you strongly think is town, and why.

I still don't think we've got a lot to go on, but pinging my suss-dar have been (in no real order):

Small Keating: had a key role in the last game and spent most of it flying under the radar. Without doing any forensic handwriting analysis, it seems to be much the same posting style again this game.

Lid: throwing a lot of poo poo around yesterday trying to get bandwagons started, but disappeared quickly when the spotlight fell on him

Bifauxnen: Call it a dumb hunch, but gambler's fallacy says that she was a key townie in the last few games, surely she's gotta be scum this time :v:

Rudatron I notice that you've posted a fair bit without saying much, that's reasonably scummy.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I don't like how Tirade hammered it when we'd already pretty much determined anime david was dead.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Also, I'm surprised nobody's talking about the single nightkill? A game this size there'd surely be two scum teams or at least a vigilante/serial killer role, which surely would mean two nightkills?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

webmeister posted:

I still don't think we've got a lot to go on, but pinging my suss-dar have been (in no real order):

Small Keating: had a key role in the last game and spent most of it flying under the radar. Without doing any forensic handwriting analysis, it seems to be much the same posting style again this game.

Lid: throwing a lot of poo poo around yesterday trying to get bandwagons started, but disappeared quickly when the spotlight fell on him

Bifauxnen: Call it a dumb hunch, but gambler's fallacy says that she was a key townie in the last few games, surely she's gotta be scum this time :v:

Rudatron I notice that you've posted a fair bit without saying much, that's reasonably scummy.

Small Keating was a low content poster, and when he was secret scum he lied and noone had any history to go off. so they believed him.

Bif was scum in the game before last.
if you want I can link the scum doc of that game so you can see her (and beet's) thought patterns as scum.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Seagull posted:

I don't like how Tirade hammered it when we'd already pretty much determined anime david was dead.

Neither do I, I mentioned this earlier and without any better theories...

##vote Tirade

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

webmeister posted:

Also, I'm surprised nobody's talking about the single nightkill? A game this size there'd surely be two scum teams or at least a vigilante/serial killer role, which surely would mean two nightkills?

not really. 'large' games on the mafiascum wiki suggest 4 scum. And this is certainly large, but nothing on very large, so I suspect phyx followed that shake and bake idea.

jeez day two and we're already elbow deep in meta game.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

lid was trying wayyyyyy too hard to look like he was scum hunting yesterday

and shifted his vote from target to target to target, whenever it seemed like his bandwagon attempt wasn't going to get any traction

Plus when put under the slightest bit of pressure he wigged out and got all defensive and abusive

LID what do you have to say for yourself?

That I had the good sense to see that maybe just maybe the Anidav lynch was driven by a personal vendetta and that if Anidav had come out and claimed they were a cop none of you would've believed it anyway so he was screwed from the get go because he didn't get a fair start, and that by "shifting from target to target" is knowledge that this game has more than one scum not looking for a lone wolf here. I was wrong about MC being scum but they could not handle the pressure either way and as numerous others have said because of it they came across as really scummy.

I was going to vote Splode here because today because

Splode posted:

Anidav was a liability, a distraction, and apparently, an arsehole. Good riddance.

As milky said, he should have roll claimed.

I'm more suss on Kommando than MC, can someone reiterate the arguments against MC?

Anyone objectively watching day one knows that it didn't loving matter what Anidav said, they were going to be lynched UNLESS an iron clad case emerged. Anyone claiming Anidav did this to themselves because they didn't roleclaim is lying their rear end off.

This is of course not including their day one antics.

But...

There is a better target.

Being suss on the quiet players is fine, and specifically bell jar is really pinging me as someone saying the absolute least amount to not get noticed but not to appear to be invisible (probably helped along with the matching avatar brigade).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&userid=147795

I am more than happy to lynch bell jar currently, read those posts and try and find a single contribution of merit. They open the days with a vote, then one line poo poo post, and make excuses for not posting. This is what we call a scum useless poster.

##vote bell jar

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

webmeister posted:

When did I disappear? I've been posting consistently and spotlight fell on me four hours before deadline and I was still posting so what are you on about? Between the two of us you're the one flinging poo poo and only posted your "sussdar" because people are starting to look at the lurkers with a suspicious eye.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

webmeister posted:

Thanks for replying, but I'm going to take issue with the lid accusation: that's what scum hunting looks like. Scum has no reason to try to create a new bandwagon when there already is a strong one against anidav, who we now know is town. It's also interesting that you suspect bifauxnen on just a hunch, which I guess isn't that terrible. I mean, sometimes you have to go by you gut feelings, right?

bell jar posted:

##vote kommando
Could you go further into why you think he's suspect?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

rudatron posted:

he's poo poo posting to appear to not be lurking and is just going on the player with the most suspicion (which yesterday was Anidav for reasons, today is Kommando because MC suicided and oh no the guy who was ultra nervous and scummy turned out to be town therefore everyone who suspected him must be scum - this is in no way Kommando is innocent but it is that bell jar really is not giving a gently caress). Vote bell jar.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lid posted:

##vote bell jar

you're an idiot

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

rudatron posted:

the huge vote/unvote thing annoyed the poo poo out of me

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lid posted:

just going on the player with the most suspicion

this is literally how this game works. what is wrong with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

bell jar posted:

##vote kommando

rudatron posted:

bell jar posted:

the huge vote/unvote thing annoyed the poo poo out of me

Yeah that makes total sense BJ.

• Locked thread