Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bell jar posted:

this is literally how this game works. what is wrong with you

Because you're not contributing at all and apparently get really butt hurt for people voting you? Learn to post better or get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Yep bell jar is scum.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Hold up wait I'm sorry Tirade, you weren't the one who hammered Anidav you just got him to thirteen (who did say he hammered him?)

Plotterboy hammered anidav

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I hit enter and posted somehow?????

but yeah plot why'd you do that, why not keep things going for a while longer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sweet, looks like we got a buncha nice targets. I've already pointed out who my personal favorites are, but I'll go for anybody who was already on my suss list. (except maybe Harold now that it's past D1 there's actual scumhunting going on). Some of these new additions don't sound bad either, so if enough of you guys start putting votes down, you can count me in on wanting to get another lynch today. (but not an early hammer)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
So Splode was the one who initially suggested that he was the hammer (he did acknowledge that he was possibly the second last vote) but wasn't confident enough to vote for him based off of this alone, and only went all in and voted for Tirade once someone else (me) had also mentioned suspicions for them.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
you people don't "get" bell jar

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
That seems kind of scummy to me, and I want to hear from Plotterboy as well.

Regardless

##vote Splode

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

:agreed:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bell jar posted:

this is literally how this game works. what is wrong with you

True.

vote for who you believe to be scum. I figure those who vote for bandwagon reasons or flimsy rationale either are not putting effort into scumhunting or are themselves scum. Those who vote for vendetta reasons are just stupid and angry.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I'm in an all cop town masonry with anidav and I'm still voting for him

Just going back of IST's post history and wanted to :laffo: at this joke post.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

That's nice, this is a game of mafia and if people were voting Anidav for being bad a previous game I can feel fine voting for a scummy player who is also being bad in this game. Read his posts and try and find a conclusion from it that isn't "bell jar is actively trying to not be noticed and his only playing is voting for players who others have mentioned".

You can argue that it's flimsy rationale or bandwagon but these don't come across as that, they come across as someone who wants to post enough to not be lurk noticed and only posts after they have already voted so they don't have to weigh up their options.

Kommando posted:

True.

vote for who you believe to be scum. I figure those who vote for bandwagon reasons or flimsy rationale either are not putting effort into scumhunting or are themselves scum. Those who vote for vendetta reasons are just stupid and angry.

Yes this is why we should lynch bell jar.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm in an all cop town masonry with anidav and I'm still voting for him

Tommofork posted:

Just going back of IST's post history and wanted to :laffo: at this joke post.

:stare:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Like I said. People will straight up tell you what they are day 1.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Seagull posted:

So Splode was the one who initially suggested that he was the hammer (he did acknowledge that he was possibly the second last vote) but wasn't confident enough to vote for him based off of this alone, and only went all in and voted for Tirade once someone else (me) had also mentioned suspicions for them.

This is probably the strongest argument so far, I'm heading to work eventually so if nothing better comes up i will be voting Splode.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Don't misrepresent that. Anidav flipped town cop, he wasn't in a masonry. I was pointing it out because it was funny. <:mad:>

I'm assuming here that if someone was in a masonry they wouldn't be called an autobot.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Yeah generally when someone dies it shows whether or not they're a mason it's pretty obviously a joke

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Yeah true, Phyx would say Town Aligned Cop Mason if he was.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommofork posted:

Don't misrepresent that. Anidav flipped town cop, he wasn't in a masonry. I was pointing it out because it was funny. <:mad:>

I'm assuming here that if someone was in a masonry they wouldn't be called an autobot.

Pretty sure Kommando is also joking, that stuff he said about people telling you what's up on day 1 just makes it even funnier!

btw, just a reminder that Splode was also on my scumlist so I'm down with that.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
i am 90% sure i have figured a scum out but i'm going to not out them just yet, i will let them hang themselves and incriminate their buddies for a few more days before calling them out

Is this a good strategy? I don't do so much mafia

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Very ok with either Splode or bell jar, Splode was pinging me day one and their day two hasn't given hope either while bell jar is a useless deadweight. That they might be working together has crossed my mind too. Still think we should kill bell jar first though as between the two scum at least Splode is posting.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

i am 90% sure i have figured a scum out but i'm going to not out them just yet, i will let them hang themselves and incriminate their buddies for a few more days before calling them out

Well if you're town this means they'll kill you off while you wait to spring your surprise, if you're scum it's meaningless.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
im 90% sure that BJ is not scum

well not really but i know that his playing style this game is his regular playing style and also his regular posting style, bj gives no fucks and is probably ripping mad buckets as we speak

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Pretty sure Kommando is also joking, that stuff he said about people telling you what's up on day 1 just makes it even funnier!

btw, just a reminder that Splode was also on my scumlist so I'm down with that.

Dont patronize me.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i'm almost convinced lid is town due to his meaningless hateboner for me, no scum would choose a play that obviously stupid

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

This can be good or bad. You may get night killed before you say anything, or you may get watched at night revealing who a scum killer is. Generally though the scum have access to information privately so the more information made public the better.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ironic Sex Tourist, so far you've flung poo poo at Gough, Harold, cautioned the thread against white noise speculation and then ignored webmeister doing it, Coq, Fruity, splode, Bif, Lid, Kommando and Small Keating, but when poo poo gets flung at Bell Jar for two contradictory posts he's a good bud we don't get him?

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Seagull posted:

That seems kind of scummy to me, and I want to hear from Plotterboy as well.

Regardless

##vote Splode

I posted about this earlier in the thread if you care to read back. Short story I was sick of reading anidav posts, phoneposted and voted for him without realising it was going to be a hammer.

If anything its a warning story to always check votefinder before voting.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Seagull posted:

I don't like how Tirade hammered it when we'd already pretty much determined anime david was dead.

I don't think it was my vote that dropped the hammer, but even if it was I don't regret it - I said that I was planning to vote Anidav unless there was a better option for a d1 lynch and nothing better came up.

I posted my vote after Anidav started squealing about having a role. My thought process didn't extend much beyond "oh gently caress off".

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

im 90% sure that BJ is not scum

well not really but i know that his playing style this game is his regular playing style and also his regular posting style, bj gives no fucks and is probably ripping mad buckets as we speak

A playing style this is non-committal as a "playing style" means that as scum you won't get any reads off them and as town they are ignored. You can call it a nullread if you wish but in no way should a guy playing "his normal style" mean anything in a game with an RNG basis for roles, if anything it means you should pay attention to them. Does bell jar not scum hunt? Does bell jar only jump on whichever case seems most favourable usually? Does bell jar open days with a vote and then go back to being useless? He may give no fucks but giving no fucks can be a scum player too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bell jar posted:

i'm almost convinced lid is town due to his meaningless hateboner for me, no scum would choose a play that obviously stupid

Thanks for confirming that I'm town because good luck flipping this to "Lid is scum", you're still scum though and should be lynched.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Tirade posted:

I don't think it was my vote that dropped the hammer, but even if it was I don't regret it - I said that I was planning to vote Anidav unless there was a better option for a d1 lynch and nothing better came up.

I posted my vote after Anidav started squealing about having a role. My thought process didn't extend much beyond "oh gently caress off".

I'm actually nearly entirely off you now :ssh:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i love israel

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I couldn't remember who it was, but both tirade and plott charged in which is suss.

I held off immediately voting for Tirade because I wanted to see what others said, I don't think that's particularly suss, personally

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Votefinder, what are we looking at?

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Tommofork posted:

Ironic Sex Tourist, so far you've flung poo poo at Gough, Harold, cautioned the thread against white noise speculation and then ignored webmeister doing it, Coq, Fruity, splode, Bif, Lid, Kommando and Small Keating, but when poo poo gets flung at Bell Jar for two contradictory posts he's a good bud we don't get him?

yeah basically

Tommofork posted:

cautioned the thread against white noise speculation and then ignored webmeister doing it

Ok so i don't want to be associated with webby because i have a very very strong suspicion that hes scum - i get a hell dodgy vibe from just about every post he's made. There's a very very strong sense of providing too much information to make it seem like 'he's one of us', too much narration of his actions in an attempt to make it seem like they're logical rather than opportunistic scum moves

webmeister posted:

Early role claim, nice

re: Anidav/starscream - trying to force Dave into a roleclaim, or stitch him up for one

webmeister posted:

Ugh, loving work sucks. I'm gunna be a bit time-limited this afternoon, but I don't think there's anything solid enough to go on for a good lynch. Which tbh makes Anime David as good a target as any.

If he's scum, good. If he's not scum, he's at least stopped from sabotaging our chances again.

##vote Anidav
overexplaining a vote for anidav - noone else bothered to provide a 'logical' reasons, it was a joke/reflex vote - this is scum covering their tracks

webmeister posted:

loving work getting in the way of mafia :mad:

What a poo poo start for us. Totally missed that Anidav was subtly role-claiming yesterday, though he did the exact same thing in the previous game so it's not surprising everyone missed it. How the gently caress did scum get the other cop though - I've only skimmed through but I don't see anything even vaguely resembling role-claiming in his posts from yesterday :psyduck:

He didn't even throw out any serious accusations either, so we don't get any data from that. Back to square one :smith:
Trying too hard to show that he's part of the team - webby doesn't post/speak like this, he's closer to the soag-BJ end of the spectrum rather than bif end

webmeister posted:

I still don't think we've got a lot to go on, but pinging my suss-dar have been (in no real order):

Small Keating: had a key role in the last game and spent most of it flying under the radar. Without doing any forensic handwriting analysis, it seems to be much the same posting style again this game.

Lid: throwing a lot of poo poo around yesterday trying to get bandwagons started, but disappeared quickly when the spotlight fell on him

Bifauxnen: Call it a dumb hunch, but gambler's fallacy says that she was a key townie in the last few games, surely she's gotta be scum this time :v:

Rudatron I notice that you've posted a fair bit without saying much, that's reasonably scummy.

whole bunch of completely groundless (and actually ridiculous) accusations, with the exception of lid who a few people have called out - potentially bandwagoning

webmeister posted:

Also, I'm surprised nobody's talking about the single nightkill? A game this size there'd surely be two scum teams or at least a vigilante/serial killer role, which surely would mean two nightkills?
Scum trying to get other factions to reveal themselves, or power roles to own up to blocking

So, you have a history of
trying to make people identify their roles and
over-enunciating his actions and emphasising that he's part of the team while
not actually saying anything of substance

summary: :itwaspoo:

##unvote
##vote webmeister

Ironic Sex Tourist fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 22, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Votecount for Day 2

Avshalom (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen
Small Keating (1): Bifauxnen, Kommando, Bifauxnen
Splode (1): Seagull
Tirade (1): Splode
bell jar (1): Lid
Kommando (1): bell jar
thatbastardken (1): Harold Krell
Bifauxnen (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
Tommofork (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando

Not Voting (16): Avshalom, black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Ironic Sex Tourist, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Plotterboy, rudatron, SKY COQ, Small Keating, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork, webmeister

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 17 minutes.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Lid posted:

Does bell jar not scum hunt? Does bell jar only jump on whichever case seems most favourable usually? Does bell jar open days with a vote and then go back to being useless?

yes, yes, yes

like im not defending him and won't go to the wall or anything bc he very well might be scum idk but i wouldnt read too much into what he's doing now

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

team non vote looking p suss considering a large part of them are team silent

Avshalom, black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Ironic Sex Tourist, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Plotterboy, rudatron, SKY COQ, Small Keating, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork, webmeister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Ironic Sex Tourist has made a pretty good case against webby there.

• Locked thread