Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Avshalom (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen
Small Keating (1): Bifauxnen, Kommando, Bifauxnen
Splode (1): Seagull
Tirade (1): Splode
webmeister (1): Ironic Sex Tourist
bell jar (1): Lid
Kommando (1): bell jar
thatbastardken (1): Harold Krell
Bifauxnen (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
Tommofork (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando

Not Voting (15): Avshalom, black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Plotterboy, rudatron, SKY COQ, Small Keating, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork, webmeister

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 11 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

yeah basically

Ok so i don't want to be associated with webby because i have a very very strong suspicion that hes scum - i get a hell dodgy vibe from just about every post he's made. There's a very very strong sense of providing too much information to make it seem like 'he's one of us', too much narration of his actions in an attempt to make it seem like they're logical rather than opportunistic scum moves

re: Anidav/starscream - trying to force Dave into a roleclaim, or stitch him up for one

overexplaining a vote for anidav - noone else bothered to provide a 'logical' reasons, it was a joke/reflex vote - this is scum covering their tracks

Trying too hard to show that he's part of the team - webby doesn't post/speak like this, he's closer to the soag-BJ end of the spectrum rather than bif end

whole bunch of completely groundless (and actually ridiculous) accusations, with the exception of lid who a few people have called out - potentially bandwagoning

Scum trying to get other factions to reveal themselves, or power roles to own up to blocking

So, you have a history of
trying to make people identify their roles and
over-enunciating his actions and emphasising that he's part of the team while
not actually saying anything of substance

summary: :itwaspoo:

##unvote
##vote webmeister

I can get behind this.

##vote webmeister

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

bell jar posted:

team non vote looking p suss considering a large part of them are team silent

Avshalom, black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Ironic Sex Tourist, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Plotterboy, rudatron, SKY COQ, Small Keating, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork, webmeister

Not much has happened today until now.
Nice way to try and deflect without actually throwing shade on anyone.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Cue people jumping on us for voting for a good theory!

##vote webmeister

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Splode posted:

Ironic Sex Tourist has made a pretty good case against webby there.

I gotta agree, actually. (though I'm still suss on you too).

So we've got 10 of us who have actually bothered throwing votes down on people. Even if we all got agreed and moved over to the one bandwagon, we still need 3 more people engaged here to get a lynch.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Bifauxnen posted:

I gotta agree, actually. (though I'm still suss on you too).

So we've got 10 of us who have actually bothered throwing votes down on people. Even if we all got agreed and moved over to the one bandwagon, we still need 3 more people engaged here to get a lynch.

seriously we need a minimum posts per day quota

why the fucksign up for mafia if youre going to 'try and check in once a day'

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I don't recall placing a vote for Harold Krell.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

nvm, misread the votefinder post

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Webby was already on my suss list now I'm a lovely band wagon joiner. :smith:

p.s. bell jar's not off it, fellow posters never forgot IST's redirect from bj to webmeister.

##vote webmeister

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I have been busy trying to break through the jamming of Teletran 1. There are a few Autobots whom I feel their true allegiance lies with Megatron, however.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

thatbastardken posted:

nvm, misread the votefinder post

ugh, I forgot one of those votes was from Harold. Make that 9 people engaged and 4 more needed.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

yeah basically

Ok so i don't want to be associated with webby because i have a very very strong suspicion that hes scum - i get a hell dodgy vibe from just about every post he's made. There's a very very strong sense of providing too much information to make it seem like 'he's one of us', too much narration of his actions in an attempt to make it seem like they're logical rather than opportunistic scum moves

re: Anidav/starscream - trying to force Dave into a roleclaim, or stitch him up for one

overexplaining a vote for anidav - noone else bothered to provide a 'logical' reasons, it was a joke/reflex vote - this is scum covering their tracks

Trying too hard to show that he's part of the team - webby doesn't post/speak like this, he's closer to the soag-BJ end of the spectrum rather than bif end

whole bunch of completely groundless (and actually ridiculous) accusations, with the exception of lid who a few people have called out - potentially bandwagoning

Scum trying to get other factions to reveal themselves, or power roles to own up to blocking

##unvote
##vote webmeister

I've been feeling pretty poo poo today so tbh have not had much of an interest in mafia today.

But I like this post!

I think webby throwing shade at bif about previous status was a bit weird seeing as a) your faction/status from previous games has zero impact on your faction status from this game (simple statistics. flipping a coin and getting tails does not increase your chance of getting heads next flip) and b) she has actually been scum recently, but that's meaningless anyway. It might have been a joke but it's just...useless to post. Coming up with stupid poo poo reasons to suspect people is pretty scummy when there's plenty of legit reasons to suspect people.

##vote webmeister

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The webmeister case is solid. I am staying on bell jar and Splode for now but unless webmeister appears shortly and starts making something of substance they are effectively dead. Can't say I agree with IST's argument that webby citing me was in any way solid as despite people giving me gazes none have thrown a vote down because it's pretty clear I am not scum.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I am suspicious of our fellow Autobots Lid, Bell Jar and Webmeister. It is with a dim Spark that I consign Webmeister to the Allspark, given the wealth of information provided.

##vote webmeister

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

I am suspicious of our fellow Autobots Lid, Bell Jar and Webmeister. It is with a dim Spark that I consign Webmeister to the Allspark, given the wealth of information provided.

##vote webmeister

Ok hold up.

So you're suspicious of me and two people I am happy to vote for including one I believe really should be the lynch today?

Please explain your logic without the stupid rear end loving roleplay please before it becomes obvious we should start taking a closer look at your posts and that we might have missed a decepticon.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah basically

##unvote
##vote webmeister

this is a pretty solid analysis actually.

##vote webmeister

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&userid=102247

Actually gently caress it, Milky start talking. Your posts have been either white noise, being sad that townies died, and then jumping on bandwagons. The sad townies died part is the really bad one because it just reeks of "oh look how much I care" but you have put no effort in at all. This along with your illogical "these are my scum choices" is the same area as webby's illogical scum choices.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

My loyalty lies with Optimus. I have stated previously that I am his foremost inventor.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

My loyalty lies with Optimus. I have stated previously that I am his foremost inventor.

Explain why you are suspicious of myself, bell jar and webmeister as a collective.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Explain why you are suspicious of myself, bell jar and webmeister as a collective.

You are busy pointing your digits at two other Autobots using a strategy that has guaranteed Decepticon victory in the past - throwing one of your compatriots under a space bus to ingratiate you to the Autobot cause.

For Bell Jar, it is much the same as the mindset behind what was done to poor Red Alert. He destabilises the situation onboard this vessel needlessly. A fitting ploy when we would be unwilling to target him due to our precious error.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

yeah basically

Far better than what i've got. I'm still not keen on SK's absenteeism. But that can wait.

##unvote
##vote webmeister

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Our previous error. Teletran 1 needs to stop altering my text.

Are you all Decepticons? Possibly. Is at least one of you? Definitely.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

You are busy pointing your digits at two other Autobots using a strategy that has guaranteed Decepticon victory in the past - throwing one of your compatriots under a space bus to ingratiate you to the Autobot cause.

For Bell Jar, it is much the same as the mindset behind what was done to poor Red Alert. He destabilises the situation onboard this vessel needlessly. A fitting ploy when we would be unwilling to target him due to our precious error.

So when everyone was saying Splode, and I had been saying Splode since yesterday and it would have been easy to go with it, I moved from Splode to bell jar because I think bell jar is a more useless scum but you're reading it as "I decided to bus bell jar for no reason, and also am bussing webmeister". This is of course ignoring that on day one I could have y'know just gone along with the Anidav kill rather than trying to supposedly "bus" my teammates.

Yeah you haven't thought this through have you?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

can't vote for webmeister now because people will think i'm siding with IST who backed me up

if i don't vote for webmeister and he's scum i'll get accused of being scum with him for not voting

can't win this one, gonna keep shitposting :v:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

So when everyone was saying Splode, and I had been saying Splode since yesterday and it would have been easy to go with it, I moved from Splode to bell jar because I think bell jar is a more useless scum but you're reading it as "I decided to bus bell jar for no reason, and also am bussing webmeister". This is of course ignoring that on day one I could have y'know just gone along with the Anidav kill rather than trying to supposedly "bus" my teammates.

You protest too much, Decepticon, and your attempt to assassinate the character of another important Autobot after the loss of Red Alert and Prowl has not gone unnoticed.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

Invent me a parachute so i can bail out of this nuthouse.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

You protest too much, Decepticon, and your attempt to assassinate the character of another important Autobot after the loss of Red Alert and Prowl has not gone unnoticed.

Who? You or Splode (voting for) or bell jar (voting for) or webmeister (voting for)?

Start talking sense because I bring up your games with Mills.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

bell jar posted:

can't vote for webmeister now because people will think i'm siding with IST who backed me up

if i don't vote for webmeister and he's scum i'll get accused of being scum with him for not voting

can't win this one, gonna keep shitposting :v:

vote for webmeister i know how much you love lynching

Milky Moor posted:

You protest too much, Decepticon,

oh snap

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Lid posted:

The problem is, we all kinda knew that data about the Anidav vote wouldn't/couldn't disprove anyone's guilt or innocence.

Mithranderp posted:

Killing anidav won't really tell us anything:

1. If Anidav is scum, there will be scum in the vote who piled on to make themselves look town. There will be town who protested because they don't want to vote Anidav for no reason.
2. If Anidav is town, there will be scum who protested against the lynch to make themselves look town, AND because no lynch day 1 is good for scum. There will be plenty of town who voted for Anidav because he is distracting/bad for town even if he's town.

That being said, I think we should still vote Anidav because he's our best chance of a conviction on day one, and there is at least a chance that we'll end up voting a scum out day one :) unless someone has more concrete evidence in favour of voting for someone else.

Trying to use not voting for Anidav to support your innocence isn't really going to get you far.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Milky Moor posted:

It's also worth noting that there are almost certainly multiple scum factions, one of which was either role blocked or biding it's time last night.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

how do you know that? Or what are you basing your guess on?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Mithranderp posted:

The problem is, we all kinda knew that data about the Anidav vote wouldn't/couldn't disprove anyone's guilt or innocence.

Trying to use not voting for Anidav to support your innocence isn't really going to get you far.

I realise that, hell I said it on day one, but I'm taking my behaviour as a whole here and trying to apply it to Milk's logic of "the scum team is Lid, bell jar and web" which has no internal consistency. I'm weighing between two options:

1. Milky is town and figures that one of us has to be scum so rather than think it through he's just listed off three names that have come up in the thread without checking if there is any internal consistency.

2. Milky is scum and to appear to be on no ones side has take a position so illogical so as not to appear to be on anyones team and thus an outsider.

Honeastly between the two i'm leaning town on Milky here because I can't see the scum play on this but it still is boggling my mind.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SKY COQ posted:

It's also worth noting that there are almost certainly multiple scum factions, one of which was either role blocked or biding it's time last night.

Wait.

What?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I do like this webmeister case, and I'm hoping that's the only reason it's caught on with all these people flying out of the woodwork to vote for it, after all the other cases today had sat around at 1-2 votes. All this flying in on just the last case of the day makes me nervous.

...but it is a good case! So count me in as a vote if/when needed, I'm just gonna keep this seat warm in the meantime.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bifauxnen posted:

I do like this webmeister case, and I'm hoping that's the only reason it's caught on with all these people flying out of the woodwork to vote for it, after all the other cases today had sat around at 1-2 votes. All this flying in on just the last case of the day makes me nervous.

...but it is a good case! So count me in as a vote if/when needed, I'm just gonna keep this seat warm in the meantime.

Registering my agreement with this, like I said a case where someone has no friends (and people appearing just to get on board) rubs me the wrong way but unlike the Anidav situation I'm a bit more open to go with it as there is an actual case here. It's not helped by that webmeister isn't posting when it's clear the wind is blowing their way.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
How much longer till the end of the day? Assuming a hammer doesnt drop.

Work has fallen the gently caress apart and I want to read over this stuff when I get home in about 3 hours, hopefully I will have some time to throw in my two robo-cents and cast a vote.

Posted on my robo-phone as I hide in the robo-toilet to avoid doing any work because gently caress everything.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Bifauxnen posted:

I've been following the theories presented so far, and none of them have been particularly strong other than this one.

It's possible all webbies' friends are AFK or realise that weighing in now will look suss as hell (though it's a bit early too throw a fellow scum under the bus, poor webby)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GoldStandardConure posted:

5 hours, 20 minutes.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

GoldStandardConure posted:

Work has fallen the gently caress apart and I want to read over this stuff when I get home in about 3 hours, hopefully I will have some time to throw in my two robo-cents and cast a vote.

Posted on my robo-phone as I hide in the robo-toilet to avoid doing any work because gently caress everything.

In five earth hours Robo-friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

After reading the thread and IST's post about webby it made more sense than the (relatively) baseless accusations that were otherwise being thrown around. And also my morning was kinda poo poo so I didn't feel like posting in Mafia. But I have been reading.

:c00l:

• Locked thread